As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally, a video game about the best part of [Star Wars]

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Mandalorian Episode Spoilers/Auralnauts Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E0h6Pu6t5s

"I hope they're not allergic to bass because they're about to eat it" is an amazing line

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh, one little thing from the episode I forgot about that I liked.
    Seemed like part of the reason Mando had trouble in the fight was he kept using his stormtrooper armor to block like he does with his usual armor and it just shatters

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I knew Auralnauts was going to do exactly that set of references at the end and it's still super satisfying to watch

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Just had another thought on who the Jedi might be

Rebels spoiler
    What if Hera’s/Kanan’s son is force-sensitive and leads his mom/The Ghost to Grogu?

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Jimothy wrote: »

Rebels spoiler
    What if Hera’s/Kanan’s son is force-sensitive and leads his mom/The Ghost to Grogu?

It would be about par for the course if
    instead of an adult Jedi showing up to help they just got an untrained teenager.

Kamar on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

Rebels spoiler

It would be about par for the course if
    instead of an adult Jedi showing up to help they just got an untrained teenager.

And a confused one at that
    “But Master Grogu said he was 50 years old ... ”

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    There's even more amazing behind the scenes ESB stuf in the latest ep of the star wars show:

https://youtu.be/xngN4xf2Qlk

Also a spoilery interview with dave filoni that was very good.

Sadly the show is going on hiatus, probably until covid stuff is over :( That plus a ton of shows are in like pre-production right now and I don't know that there's much for them to talk about.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Oh no that hat

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Filoni's wardrobe is pretty idiosyncratic.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    White guys shouldn’t be allowed cowboy hats

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chapter 16
    more true believers...
    Lambda shuttle and gauntlet fighter!
    Beskar Vs dark saber foreshadowing...
    Dark troopers have a rocking soundtrack.
    We'll that's some fanservice.
    R2 knows grogu I guess?

honovere on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    White guys shouldn’t be allowed cowboy hats

Wat

E: #notallwhitemenincowboyhats

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    WELP THAT HAPPENED AND IT WAS AWESOME AND I HAVE NO REGRETS.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I'm 10 again, this show de-aged me 23 years and there are still heroes in the world

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Also there's a post credit scene
    boba taking over the Hutt fortress on tatooine.
    "Book of Fett coming December 2021"

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah. Like that was the easy way out, but it made sense, was satisfying and was not good special effects.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah. Like that was the easy way out, but it made sense, was satisfying and was not good special effects.
    I dont know Luke never sharing a shot with anyone emoting or moving his head is just like the OT

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Also there's a post credit scene
    boba taking over the Hutt fortress on tatooine.
    "Book of Fett coming December 2021"
    MACLUNKEY

• Options
    So this show's long arc is going from
    a mandalorian, random foundling, to the mandalorian, ruler of mandalore, bearer of the dark saber?
    It sure seems like the scale of the plot is going to expand quite a bit. Unless next season skips right past the part where Bo takes the saber in some kind of duell and djin fucks off away from that plotline

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    There's even more amazing behind the scenes ESB stuf in the latest ep of the star wars show:

https://youtu.be/xngN4xf2Qlk

Also a spoilery interview with dave filoni that was very good.

Sadly the show is going on hiatus, probably until covid stuff is over :( That plus a ton of shows are in like pre-production right now and I don't know that there's much for them to talk about.

Regular reminder that Anthony and Andi are the fucking best and I love them so much

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I absolutely love how Filoni keeps a balance of placating fans with deep cut EU bullshit while also bringing back stuff like Midicloreans when he easily could have ignored it. Finally, justice for the Midiclorean society!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Sigh
    Would have strongly preferred a recast, but at least it looked pretty good. Certainly better than R1 Leia

• Options
    Sigh
    Would have strongly preferred a recast, but at least it looked pretty good. Certainly better than R1 Leia

I thought it looked worse, but as far as I can tell from the reactions everytime they do this it's always highly personal how well it works for someone.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mando S2 finale
    I thought that Luke was the best they've done with this technique so far, and I think it's because they didn't have him try to emote too much

Where the others break for me is when they overreach and have them move all their face parts around a lot and it's just a lot more vectors to notice how off it is

Keep him mostly still, just do the calm passive Jedi thing, worked well enough for me

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    As soon as that lone X-Wing showed up my brain screamed OH THEY'RE DOING THIS AREN'T THHY OKAY HERE WE GO.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    As soon as that lone X-Wing showed up my brain screamed OH THEY'RE DOING THIS AREN'T THHY OKAY HERE WE GO.

During the entire scene
    I kept trying to think about who else would be in an X-Wing and a Jedi.

Maybe Barriss got an X-wing at some point?

Shit, were there X-Wings in Rebels, and is this Ezra?

I didn't play Fallen Order, but maybe that guy had an X-Wing?

Very excited to see who it was, but I had to rewatch it again to take it all in.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    So much happened in this episode and pretty much the only thing I can think about is
    PLEASE give me more Luke kicking robot ass. Luke showing Grogu how to kick robot asses. Luke and Grogu teaming up to kick more robotic asses.

Also my guess for next season:
    Maybe a time jump of about 5 years, and we'll get periodic peeks at Luke training Grogu.
    But at the end of the season Grogu senses that Din is in trouble and runs off before his training is finished to Luke's consternation. As he is leaving Luke is yelling after him to stop and he's not ready and he'll only out his friends in danger. Then force Yoda shows up to say "how does it feel on this side of this huh? You dummy, your padawan is turning out just like you"

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The last ep was good but
    I really don’t think I’m interested in a show that is not Grogu and Mando cruising the galaxy, getting into trouble but ultimately getting out of it again by the end of the ep. of course I’ll watch the start of the next season, but if it pivots to like, the politics of the mandalore throne, I’m out

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Mandalorian ch. 16:
    Well that kinda ended huh. I feel like we should have had another episode or two, the build up to this being the final fight felt kind of weak and then Luke just fucked off into the credits. I will say I laughed at the dark trooper storage venting directly into space because why the fuck would it do that, but it seems I was the fool on that one. I’m guessing from context Bo Katan and Din have to duel to the death huh? By the end of his appearance I was really convinced they had gotten another actor play Luke. Something about both the appearance and the voice seemed off to me.
    Also I know they wouldn’t have ever done this for the touching farewell scene but I really feel like someone who just spent a couple of minutes getting their head punched into the wall while wearing a night indestructible can really should have come out looking worse for the wear.
    I dunno, maybe I’m just grouchy because today was weird and exhausting.

That said I did enjoy Immensely Bo Katan dunking on Boba Fett.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow that was cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Please do not allow Bill Burr into any more Star Wars.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Also, at any point in Star Wars history has "sealing the blast doors" ever actually worked?

Edit: UM

EXCUSE ME?

Double edit: I hate how fucking quickly my brain went "ok we are a tiny child again please proceed to point and clap like an idiot in your apartment by yourself" but gotdamn ya'll.

Gotdamn.

Triple edit:
    I've got no clue where they take this now, though. Like, obviously you gotta follow up on the Darksaber plot. But beyond that I dunno.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Mandalorian Finale:
    A bit of a cross post.

So I just rewatched, and just how shitting bricks terrified Gideon is when Katan states it's a Jedi is perfect. He's insanely high up in ISB, possibly the highest ranking Intelligence officer remaining. So he knows it's a Jedi, and the most prominent Jedi in the galaxy at this point is Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker, the man - who had already vaped one Death Star - that walked into a room with Darth Vader and the Emporer, and the other two didn't walk back out, has just boarded your ship. Gideon may be uniquely qualified in the galaxy to know just how fucked he is.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Also, at any point in Star Wars history has "sealing the blast doors" ever actually worked?

Episode I, they shut the blast doors and successfully protect themselves from the Jedi long enough for Droidekas to show up and scare them off.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The one special effect in the last episode of this season just didn’t work for me
    Like just cast another actor, please, I’m begging you. It’s so much worse when you try to make it look like the old actor, but younger, and then have a soundalike who isn’t perfect, it’s adding an additional aural layer to the uncanny valley

Or if you don’t want to do that, get a better soundalike and then don’t show the face! Just cut around it! We know who the fuck it is! We don’t need to see you try and fail with CGI to recreate the youth of an actor who isn’t even doing the voice anymore!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Indeed.
    They didn't cast Ashley Eckstein for Ahsoka even though Rosario Dawson's voice sounds nothing like her, so why the big to-do for one scene of Luke?

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Indeed.
    They didn't cast Ashley Eckstein for Ahsoka even though Rosario Dawson's voice sounds nothing like her, so why the big to-do for one scene of Luke?
    A lot of people probably were not familiar with Ashoka before the Mandolorian. Everybody knows who Luke is.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Indeed.
    A lot of people probably were not familiar with Ashoka before the Mandolorian. Everybody knows who Luke is.

Which means it's okay when
    you just shoot him from behind and have a (better) soundalike do the voice! Or recast with an actor who looks similar but is able to give a human performance!

Like you said, everybody knows who Luke is. Put any blonde actor with a decent chin in that black outfit with the one glove and a green lightsaber and we fuckin' get it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.