As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Sakuga [Anime] Thread

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the red hawk/shambles attack still rules

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about Red Hawk is that, while it is another reference to a gun, the name can also be read as “Fire Fist”.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm the last person to get around to watching Pop Team Epic.
    Can't believe I hadn't heard about the fake next episode teasers.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the next season of Hoshiiro Girldrop

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Speaking of One Piece, this popped up for me: (Gigantic Spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_nMIVp2sw

Can you guess the 20 moments?

I mean if you're going for a rapid summary, I prefer this one (only goes to timeskip). Spoilers, obv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvlMwiSUqk

e: Ugh, my brain had somehow forgotten the filter on that thing since I saw it years ago.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I'm looking forward to the next season of Hoshiiro Girldrop

I unironically would love a real hoshiiro girldrop show ngl

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    fun fact: hoshiiro girldrop was originally a oneshot by bkub that had a similar function in manga form, too

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/21/bkub-okawas-new-manga-hoshiiro-girldrop-is-epic-level-trolling

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

To be fair, it's not that uncommon for creative types to hide their familial connections (see also: Joe Hill, Nicolas Cage.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I dunno if anyone else ever read it, but See You Tomorrow at the Food Court was a short-lived manga self-published on twitter that was pretty good. Kind of a unique art style and a lot of snappy dialogue that felt a little more realistic than how anime characters usually tend to talk. Happily it got picked up for serialization by Kadokawa, so yay gonna get more of it.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So what’s the time scale in one piece? Cause if it’s over the span of 30 years
    simulacrum wrote: »

Jesus, imagine being the poor person who made fun of her manga hobby.

Just imagine not knowing that the person you're making fun of is the daughter of a person who loves fighting so much that he goes around the world learning to fight and created a manga about fighting.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So just caught up to one piece , wasn’t too hot on the wano arc but it’s gotten really really good . Kinda of disappointing that so many of the worst generation ended up as lieutenants to the 4 emperors but it makes sense plus it’s very clear that they are very much not loyal and waiting for a chance to break free. So that’s luffy , law, Capone,Kidd,Hawkins and drake accounted for . Kinda hoping that Capone joins the alliance the straw hats got going for some reason mafia pirates are super cool to me. Can’t wait for the big momma/ kaido/ straw hat 52 pickup chaos that will ensue.

• Options
    kaido was explicitly shanghaiing the worst generation to bolster his ranks after his whole SMILE project got busted up

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Teaming up with an Emperor does make pragmatic sense. If you’re not allied with one or directly angling for one’s territory, you’re likely to be targeted by them at some point just on territorial principle.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Teaming up with an Emperor does make pragmatic sense. If you’re not allied with one or directly angling for one’s territory, you’re likely to be targeted by them at some point just on territorial principle.

it's how mom and kaido operated

nobody wanted to fuck with them

shanks doesn't care, and teach has been trying to carve out a kingdom that the revolutionary army has been countering

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

shanks doesn't care, and teach has been trying to carve out a kingdom that the revolutionary army has been countering

Still kinda surprised Kidd thought he could take on fucking shanks of all people. Now they both have one arm lol.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Ascendance of a Bookworm update: I do like how New Main (or N!Main to refer to lady who came to inhabit Main's body) is kind of a brat. It's a nice funny character quirk for her to be actually pretty immature.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Ascendance of a Bookworm update: I do like how New Main (or N!Main to refer to lady who came to inhabit Main's body) is kind of a brat. It's a nice funny character quirk for her to be actually pretty immature.

Shes not a brat so much as an able bodied teenager who woke up in a very ill child's body in a medieval time period

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    An able bodied teenager, so, a brat.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I thought she was a young adult

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options

Still kinda surprised Kidd thought he could take on fucking shanks of all people. Now they both have one arm lol.

kidd is a violent lunatic

• Options
    chop off your limbs to become more powerful

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    As long as he can access his power his limbs are basically extraneous anyway

• Options

So are a lot of the fucking pirates outside of a few chaotic good crews to be fair and they all have the sense to fucking stay away. Outside the worst generation that is.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Shanks worked under Whitebeard when he was younger, so it makes sense to do it this way.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    An able bodied teenager, so, a brat.

She had just graduated from collage in her past life. When her previous life memories resurfaced her personalities mixed together so while the Japanese self is the dominant one there is still bits of the original Myne in there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

So is Luffy.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

So is Luffy.

luffy at least has some morals about it

kidd just very much likes violence for violence sake

(shanks doesn't)

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Mysst wrote: »
    I thought she was a young adult

She was a librarian in her 20s.

rhylith on
  • Options

So is Luffy.

(shanks doesn't)

Blackbeard just being evil luffy is kind of the reason I love him so much . It’s such a simple twist but he is so freaking fun.

• Options

So is Luffy.

(shanks doesn't)

Blackbeard just being evil luffy is kind of the reason I love him so much . It’s such a simple twist but he is so freaking fun.

he's the opposite of luffy

he's a scheming coward who'd far rather send somebody else to do the dirty work

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wonder how that fights gonna go down considering his power is removing powers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder how that fights gonna go down considering his power is removing powers

luffy will learn how to punch him even more harder

or shanks will take him out and luffy will fight akainu

• Options
    It will be the last fight in the series so much like berserk it unfortunately won’t come till well past out natural lifespan.

• Options
    I can see One Piece ending in the not so distant future

Current stuff seems like endgame

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    also, I don't think guts and griffith fight in berserk either

• Options
    I mean one of the general points of Berserk is that while Guts has absolutely every reason to be mad at Berserk killing will likely do nothing at all to help Guts in any way.

• Options
    at the tower of clangviction, when griffith got reborn, guts recognized he not longer wanted to kill him

• Options
    So this One Piece Arc is gonna be Zoro vs Kaido and Luffy vs Big Mom right

You cant give Zoro a dragon slaying sword and have him not use it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.