I was supposed to leave my [job] at noon

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • webguy20webguy20 I Spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 26
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

Yes. yes it is.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    ElvenshaeDouglasDangerKetBraMoridin889mightyjongyoBucketmanRorshach KringleSorceJaysonFour
  • chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    Oo, rice a roni! It's been a while since I had that!
    I've got rice, and I could probably fry some a broken up noodle or two for vermicelli. It's the spicing (an area I am notoriously bad at) that would be the difficulty.

Tofystedeth
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I love rice a roni. A week ago when everyone first started going crazy at the store I stocked up on some rice a roni, but only like, slightly more than I usually get (like enough for three weeks instead of just two). There was plenty of rice a roni at the time, only plain white rice was gone. I guess people are hitting the rice a roni now? Sigh.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    I have always had 2 boxes of like 5 different flavors of rice-a-roni and pasta-roni in my cabinet. Most of them take less than 20 minutes to cook and are perfectly cromulent side dishes or main dishes when incorporated with a protein. The broccoli au gratin rice-a-roni is my personal favorite.

I went through all of them in the past 13 days. When I went to the store last Saturday morning, they had nothing in that section of the store, and almost all of the fresh meat was gone. It was honestly pretty flabbergasting, since at that point my county only had four confirmed cases.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Oo, rice a roni! It's been a while since I had that!
    I've got rice, and I could probably fry some a broken up noodle or two for vermicelli. It's the spicing (an area I am notoriously bad at) that would be the difficulty.

The spice is mostly salt, anti caking agents and other preservatives, with maybe a hint of something for umami

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    Calica
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Yeah hold on to your rice as best as you can. I haven't been able to find even basic basmati in my local winco lately. Pasta at least seems to get regularly restocked, but rice eludes me at the moment.

I just like their pilaf because I'm not going to spend 45 minutes making rice after working all day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    webguy20Elvenshae
    I meant no disrespect to the product or it's community

I love rice a roni

ah I just have lots of people go "oh pilaf? Why are you buying that 99 cent junk when it's easy... just follow this recipe that takes an extra 20 minutes and $10 worth of groceries" so I'm always a bit defensive lol

Commander ZoomMoridin889ZonugalElvenshaea5ehren
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I like the cheddar broccoli rice a roni

my dad fuckin' loves the chicken flavor, we ate that at least once a week when I was a kid

ZonugalPinfeldorfRorshach Kringle
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    Airport has suspended all hiring (surprise). Hiring coordinator was really pleasant, asked about how I'm doing during all this, seemed like a great person.

raoADVy.png
  • chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    Yeah hold on to your rice as best as you can. I haven't been able to find even basic basmati in my local winco lately. Pasta at least seems to get regularly restocked, but rice eludes me at the moment.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 25 (11.33kg) lb bag of rice at Costco. It may just last me the rest of my life.

WHO'S STUPID NOW?

OrcaThegreatcowPinfeldorfJoolanderShadowfireTofystedethsarukunJaysonFour
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Got some new guidelines on profitability from corporate.

It's basically lay off 80% of my employees to stay open.

Yay being an essential business

I am basically done with 2020 at this point

mightyjongyoTonkkaL Ron HowardDoodmannwebguy20ThegreatcowexpendableElvenshaechrishallett83tynicNobodyJoolanderNarbusShadowfireDisruptedCapitalistTofystedethsarukunhonovereJragghenV1mSporkAndrewInfidelDoctorArchGnome-InterruptusASimPersonSolarJaysonFourTicaldfjam
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Snagged a bag of rice on my lunch break. Still had some in a mason jar at home, but only like 1/4 full.

hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
    Commander ZoomThegreatcow
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The only pasta that was left was Gluten Free

jokes on you I'm celiac

Commander Zoomwebguy20PolaritieCambiataElvenshaeIloveslimesDevoutlyApatheticbowen3clipseschussKetarstopgaptynicMoridin889ToxTynnanNaphtaliCarpyTonkkaJoolanderDarkPrimusShadowfireDisruptedCapitalistNightDragonSorceTofystedethsarukunLabelhonovereFishmanSporkAndrewGnome-InterruptusJaysonFour
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    The only thing left in my store was bean pasta and American Mac & Cheese. The yin/yang of the pasta shelf.

honovere
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    The only pasta that was left was Gluten Free

jokes on you I'm celiac

Hi celiac I'm dad.

ElvenshaeschussTynnanTonkkaJoolanderOrcaShadowfireGoose!NightDragonSporkAndrewsponoJaysonFour
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    started showing possible covid symptoms last friday

confirmed fever middle of saturday while we were doing a major power cut over so I had to abandon the other tech working

called state hot line and was denied testing

got shortness of breath on sunday, went to the ER, they said oxygen levels were fine, i had all the symptoms and no other explanation but they refused testing due to material shortage

told work, CEO didn't understand why they should treat it as if I had COVID-19, told them i'm on 14 day quarantine regardless

CEO and assistant manager want all dept heads in the office for part of each week because???

can't find laptops to help other departments do work from home

everything is shit and i can't stop coughing

zkHcp.jpg
    Damn, good luck

Jedocbowen3clipsechrishallett83Kayne Red Robeani_game_bumwebguy20KetarElvenshaestopgapWeaverCormacastrobstrdtynicZonugalBrovid HasselsmofCommander ZoomAl_watL Ron HowardchromdomSkeithSolarTynnanBucketmanSnicketysnickTonkkalonelyahavarhylithElaroJoolandermightyjongyoCalicaOrcaJansonShadowfireSatanic JesusGoose!NightDragonSorceTofystedethsarukunLabelhonovereVirgil_Leads_YouFishmanJragghenSporkAndrewStiltssponoInfidelWassermeloneLindsay LohanGnome-InterruptusThe Escape GoatIloveslimesJaysonFourTicaldfjamshoeboxjeddy
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Christ stay safe Kadith, just in case if you have someone nearby who can get you to the ER if it gets worse, please do so. :( Stay strong and all the :bro: emojis for you.

ani_game_bumPolaritieElvenshaeCormactynicCommander ZoomAl_watL Ron HowardchromdomSkeithShortyTynnanBucketmanchrishallett83TonkkalonelyahavarhylithmightyjongyoCalicaOrcaJansonShadowfireSatanic JesusGoose!NightDragonTofystedethsarukunLabelFishmanSporkAndrewStiltsWassermeloneGnome-InterruptusThe Escape GoatJaysonFour
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Welp.

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    besides the cough my symptoms are getting better by the day, shortness of breath was short lived fortunately

my main concern is trying to put in place resources and plans so that it doesn't rip through us because some folks aren't taking it seriously

zkHcp.jpg
    tynicrhylithastrobstrdCalicachromdomwebguy20JansonShadowfireGoose!NightDragonTofystedethsarukunLabelSolarlonelyahavastopgapsponoL Ron HowardThegreatcowGnome-InterruptusThe Escape GoatJaysonFourshoeboxjeddy
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm about ready to scream with the whitelisting I've been doing with the load balancer at work. It would be nice if a) people would listen to what I specifically request and b) other people don't step in to add their own two cents and confuse everyone.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

The Wegmans on Rt.31 has a decent amount of rice and roni, normal rice, and some pasta left as of this evening.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    We are having a virtual spirit week next week. Each day is themed to a specific teacher and their interests. Students are can post their responses.

I was picked to be next Friday and am games, books, recreational things. I need to send in a picture.

I’m thinking of sitting in a big chair in my basement, surrounded by Lego, wearing a VR headset and a three piece suit, while reading a book.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

JedocWeaverZonugalCarpyDrZiplockFishmanSporkAndrewlonelyahavaDouglasDangernwrabestopgapani_game_bumexpendablePolaritieGnizmoThegreatcowLaOsGnome-InterruptusIloveslimesschussJaysonFour
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I just got my "congratulations for five years of employment" certificate.

.....I've worked here for 8 years

its dated 2017

webguy20MechMantisJansonTynnanchromdomCalicaKadithJedocDevoutlyApatheticDisruptedCapitalistTonkkaCarpyJoolanderGoose!NarbusOrcaOghulkthatassemblyguySorceTofystedethgodmodeCambiatasarukunMysstLabeltynichonovereElvenshaeDrZiplockmightyjongyochrishallett83FishmanSkeithKetBraJragghenFlarneProlegomenaSporkAndrewlonelyahavaSnicketysnickMulysaSemproniusDouglasDangerstopgapDrezNaphtaliToxsponoKayne Red RobeexpendablePolaritieGnizmoMoridin889InfidelThegreatcowDoodmannL Ron HowardLindsay LohanLaOsRaveDoctorArchGnome-InterruptusThe Escape GoatIloveslimesschussJaysonFourshoeboxjeddy
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I just got my "congratulations for five years of employment" certificate.

.....I've worked here for 8 years

its dated 2017

I got both my five and ten year pins in year 11. I didn’t even know they were a thing.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    My five year golf club is wedged behind one of my safes in my office.

Bonus- it's a wedge club.

hCpR4ri.jpg
    chromdomJedocAl_watShadowfireTonkkaGoose!TofystedethsarukunDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeTynnanchrishallett83FishmanstopgapPolaritieThegreatcowL Ron HowardLaOsGnome-InterruptusThe Escape GoatIloveslimesJaysonFourshoeboxjeddy
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    We are having a virtual spirit week next week. Each day is themed to a specific teacher and their interests. Students are can post their responses.

I was picked to be next Friday and am games, books, recreational things. I need to send in a picture.

I’m thinking of sitting in a big chair in my basement, surrounded by Lego, wearing a VR headset and a three piece suit, while reading a book.

Don't forget the Hawaiian shirt!

dkj3oHf.jpg
    Sorce
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Worked 12 hours today on a COVID extract for a dashboard. If I don't finish it tomorrow I'll have to work over the weekend. As to think, I had scheduled PTO for tomorrow because I'd run out of things I could do when there was a freeze on all non COVID related or emergency changes in prod.

At least my boss knows my PTO on the 10th is real and he can't touch that one.

steam_sig.png
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Seeing a lot of bicycles getting shipped for a country that should be on lockdown.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I'm guessing your seven year driver is in your car?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    SorceDixonPolaritiechromdomJaysonFour
    Ain't worked there seven years yet.

hCpR4ri.jpg
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

I'm guessing your seven year driver is in your car?

He won't get that award until year ten.

Jedoc wrote: »
    The GOP cares about babies until they're born, soldiers until they're in need of care, and families until they interfere with stockholder dividends.
  • FishmanFishman The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH-Registered User regular
    Hey, I just wanted to come in here and say that we've been hauling ass and getting slammed at the same time.

My principle area of expertise is new client applications. We've had over half a million unique new IPs hit us in the past few days alone that's.. .unprecidented. Page views, applications, call numbers all just astronomical. Our call center hours of business have doubled, and we're still seeing call queues well into the night. We're even taking spill over and load from Healthline, just to help out where we can.

We've pushed a half dozen significant updates to Prod, and have two more scheduled for Sunday and Monday night. We're getting permissions to bring down Prod in the middle of the day to get updates while there's more client load on the system than ever before.

We've pushed out not one but 2 whole new products in the last week, which have already paid out $2.7 Billion ito over 400,000 recipients - a large proportion of which are new clients. And there's I-don't-even-know how many coming through the pipeline still, load after load and funnel after funnel, and we're trying to get that pipeline just as open as it can get so we can get to it all.

My team is putting in extra miles at the moment. We're doing our very best to haul ass while bringing nothing less than our A-game, we're doing our very best to support the rest of the organistion; we're helping them, and there's people helping us, and everyone is putting down some fucking fire to do this right.

It's been a fucking week, is what I'm saying, and we're doing our best to make each other - the country - proud. We're public fucking servants, and this week we're earning our fucking coffee. Even if the baristas are in lockdown.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Commander ZoomStragintchrishallett83thatassemblyguySporkAndrewLabellonelyahavaSnicketysnickHouk the NamebringerAl_watsarukunNarbusJedocstopgapLord_AsmodeusCambiataTofystedethBucketmanani_game_bumexpendableDisruptedCapitalistCormacwebguy20ThegreatcowElvenshaeMercade3clipseL Ron HowardLaOsShortytynicchromdomSkeithKadithTonkkaGnome-InterruptusmightyjongyogodmodeIloveslimesCalicaSorceschussShadowfireJaysonFourshoeboxjeddy
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I will buy you a coffee, mate. I'll buy you a bag of beans of you want them.

Rockstar.

sarukunexpendableBucketmanDisruptedCapitalistwebguy20Elvenshae3clipseSkeithCommander ZoomTonkkaGnome-InterruptusFishmanJaysonFour
    edited March 27
    Sorce wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of bicycles getting shipped for a country that should be on lockdown.

Which country is on lockdown? It sure isn't the USA, even though it really should

We're almost to 30/50

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/states-shut-essential-businesses-map/story?id=69770806

DouglasDanger on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Bikes are a great way to distance yourself from other people tho.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Lord_AsmodeusCambiataBucketmanJayKaosZonugalDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeDoodmannThegreatcow3clipsetynicKamirochrishallett83PinfeldorfSkeithCommander ZoomTonkkaQuantumTurkV1mKetBragodmodeTynnanShadowfirehonovereshoeboxjeddy