As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I was supposed to leave my [job] at noon

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    The D in D.R.E.A.M. actually stands for Dice.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    All craft/art/industry is butt sniffing at a certain point.

BUT

https://youtu.be/Ja2fgquYTCg

Meryl Streep is 100% right through the whole movie.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UcqK4vypbC8

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    For y'all librarians/youth club organizers out there: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/wizards-digital-club-support-program#overlay-context=articles/features/dratalk-bdave-walters Wizards has a digital kit available for "qualifying organizations", no idea what those are exactly, but it might be worth checking out in case you're looking for more options to interact digitally with The Youth.
    What’s in the Kit?

The digital club activity kit contains the following items:

A welcome note with information on resources available to engage your community with Magic and D&D
    30 codes for 3 free booster packs on Magic Arena (redeemable one per account)
    A key code to unlock one legendary bundle on D&D Beyond (should be redeemed by the D&D organizer)

Holy shit that legendary bundle is north of $650 and it only gains in value as more content is released. That's a really solid resource.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    For y'all librarians/youth club organizers out there: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/wizards-digital-club-support-program#overlay-context=articles/features/dratalk-bdave-walters Wizards has a digital kit available for "qualifying organizations", no idea what those are exactly, but it might be worth checking out in case you're looking for more options to interact digitally with The Youth.
    What’s in the Kit?

A welcome note with information on resources available to engage your community with Magic and D&D
    A key code to unlock one legendary bundle on D&D Beyond (should be redeemed by the D&D organizer)

Holy shit that legendary bundle is north of $650 and it only gains in value as more content is released. That's a really solid resource.

If you're looking for more corporation in your DnD, don't forget about Wendy's Feast of Legends: https://www.feastoflegends.com/

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    What’s in the Kit?

If you're looking for more corporation in your DnD, don't forget about Wendy's Feast of Legends: https://www.feastoflegends.com/

Huh......okay then

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    What’s in the Kit?

12/10 would play. I'm literally playing my regular campaign right now on roll20, and I'm instead reading up on this

Mercade on
    Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Kinda like that I can set my alarm for 08:30 and be in plenty of time to start work at 09:00

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »
    What’s in the Kit?

12/10 would play. I'm literally playing my regular campaign right now on roll20, and I'm instead reading up on this

Apparently it's pretty good. Certainty better than the KFC dating sim, in terms of pure corporate culture appropriation.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I just put in some vacation for in a couple weeks because I am getting burned out on being around the idiot public five days a week.

• Options
    I just got to work and there's a dead person outside the back door, which is where I enter when I start this early.

I wonder if I can bump my vacation up sooner.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I am happy to have a full weekend off. Got the good sleep.

But cannot see my woman.

Cannot feel the press of humanity in a cafe.

No where to go overnight.

Must shop in the daylight.

But.....I finally filed my taxes and fixed a large batch of this hash that is so well done, I feel like it would taste good cold next to a pasta salad.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That post doing some admin you've been putting off feel is good

• Options
    Hey, if I can make the scheduling work I'm ok'd to take vacation next week

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So yesterday {Saturday's overnight} the MMC or Dairy/deli frozen trailer came really late at 3am so Last night I and two other people had to do yesterday's and today's
    But the problem was the other two people just gave up at the start of the shift hearing what we had to do
    I have no idea how many carts or pallets I did I did not think about it but I was more pissed I told one of them to at 5am to pull the other ice cream pallet start it and I will come help when I am finished pointing at the last cart I had to do. He kept saying we cannot have a pallet on the floor after 6 I said just pull it I will help you he wanders off but all He did was a grocery cart of ice-cream he pulled off one of the pallets from downstacking earlier
    At 6:20 I pull the pallet and went threw it as fast as I can at 3 minutes to 7 I finished it
    Seriously it's not that hard I get sick and tired of playing army of one for nothing

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Are you able to save money to escape

Have you spoken the person at the VA who was going to help you out

Have you listed the house for sale

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Feel like I'm in a weird spot where I'm the one waiting on my thesis advisor rather than my advisor waiting on me.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah! My masks finally came in the day before I go back to work!

jw9pqjpwaal0.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ...Patrick Rothfuss?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    he ate him and gained his abilities!! :bigfrown:

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Well, someone had to.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So now Jedoc also has the "ability" to not finish a fantasy trilogy?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    we technically won't know that Rothfuss has that power until he dies

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So now Jedoc also has the "ability" to not finish a fantasy trilogy?

Hell, I haven't even started! The student has surpassed the master.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Cool, cool. One of my team member's husband has been informed that he should self-quarantine as someone he works with has tested positive. So I'm officially 4 degrees away now.

Oh, we were told that my team member should keep working unless her husband becomes symptomatic. I guess our EH&S department didn't get the memo about the possibility of asymptomatic transmission.

• Options
    Earlier I was walking back to my office with my lunch and a customer pulled her mask down..and then coughed a whole bunch. Then pulled her mask back up.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Cool, cool. One of my team member's husband has been informed that he should self-quarantine as someone he works with has tested positive. So I'm officially 4 degrees away now.

Oh, we were told that my team member should keep working unless her husband becomes symptomatic. I guess our EH&S department didn't get the memo about the possibility of asymptomatic transmission.

That's what I don't get about the places doing temperature checks before letting you in. If somebody is showing a fever due to covid, then they've likely been contagious for several days before that no?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

That's what I don't get about the places doing temperature checks before letting you in. If somebody is showing a fever due to covid, then they've likely been contagious for several days before that no?

At least catching someone who could be sick and wasn't reporting/in denial/false positive after the fact is something better than nothing, I suppose.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    he ate him and gained his abilities!! :bigfrown:

Great, so new Jedoc's never gonna write a book

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Earlier I was walking back to my office with my lunch and a customer pulled her mask down..and then coughed a whole bunch. Then pulled her mask back up.

Look, it's gross when you cough in your mask, you get all that phlegm and and shit stuck in there

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Advisor got back to me with some comments that made me think to do something.

Spend 4 hours doing the thing (still in grad school lolol) and it turns out to have worked pretty well.

• Options
    Looks like we've pushed the opening date back to May 4th at the earliest, pending further health data. Doubt my email had anything to do with it, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, I have decided that I'm going to greet every single one of my employees with "Hi! It's me, Jedoc! You may not have recognized me on account of the mask."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Looks like we've pushed the opening date back to May 4th at the earliest, pending further health data. Doubt my email had anything to do with it, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, I have decided that I'm going to greet every single one of my employees with "Hi! It's me, Jedoc! You may not have recognized me on account of the mask."

I would have thought a mask might have been part of the uniform for the Walter White Memorial Library, though for different reasons.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    My department sent out an email asking if we’d prefer a later or earlier return.

I put later because fuck if I wanna go back in early may and get sick with the first wave of folks back in the office.

• Options

I would have thought a mask might have been part of the uniform for the Walter White Memorial Library, though for different reasons.

...now I kind of want to put together a New Vegas riot gear costume to wear to work on Halloween. Since most costumes will probably need to incorporate a mask of one kind or another.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    My department sent out an email asking if we’d prefer a later or earlier return.

I put later because fuck if I wanna go back in early may and get sick with the first wave of folks back in the office.

Oh so the talking wheelchair decided to make the stupid decision.

Guess we'll see how this goes. Hopefully my hopefully future workplace won't be stupid and bring people back in (probably not).

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I mean overall the plan to come back that I’ve heard bits and pieces of doesn’t sound THAT bad.

They’re gonna start with a week or two of only department managers, execs, and maybe some project leads and the like, and gradually bring in more people. Doing temp checks at the door, asking people to wear masks, size limits on meetings, closing off gathering areas like the lunch room, etc.

It’s just that it’s probably gonna start up a couple weeks too early.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

...now I kind of want to put together a New Vegas riot gear costume to wear to work on Halloween. Since most costumes will probably need to incorporate a mask of one kind or another.

I'm planning Cyberpunk Plague doctor

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    expendable wrote: »

The woman who checks our temp when we come in makes fun of how I am hovering in the hypothermia range the lowest one was 92.1 the highest was 95.4

• Options
    If you're biking to work, forehead thermometers are useless. She's basically telling you that your body is doing a good job of shedding heat under exertion.

There's a way to get a more accurate temperature, but I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't put it past the Hell That Is Known To Men to start taking core temps instead.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Are you able to save money to escape

Have you spoken the person at the VA who was going to help you out

Have you listed the house for sale

I am saving
    I have not been to the VA since my very bad day in Nov
    I was plan on doing it this summer but things happened

Just I did voice my problem with the two people I was assigned to work with
    But when asked how much I did I said I have no idea I was not paying attention

This discussion has been closed.