As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Macro Thread Anyone?

• _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh, 1 more thing I was wondering for my warlock macro wise. I currently use a dot macro that goes Siphon, Corruption then Agony in that order. I thought I read something about the graphic being able to change on the button, that way i can see what spell is up next, that possible?

_X_ on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If your using /castsequence then it should automatically change the icon.

focused7 on
  • AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I thought it was /castsequence, but also the icon that is the red ?. Try that. At work or I'd verify that.

Adimax on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Adimax wrote: »
    Much like you amigo, I have recently discovered the amazing power of mouseover. Comboing it in Arena with focus is even more delicious.

I havent actually needed focus yet only being a paladin. When I do CC a mob with fear I just make it my main target. I never need to target anything because of mouseover. Although, in arenas I can see how one focus, one main target would be nice. I have to try that out.

I just wish there was a way to see castbars for focus targets.

Kai_San on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I thought it was /castsequence, but also the icon that is the red ?. Try that. At work or I'd verify that.

Anytime you use the big red ? (very first icon when making a new macro) it will automatically change to whatever action will be used, as long as that action has it's own image.

I really like how it auto updates with my shaman's mouse over macros.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2007
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Much like you amigo, I have recently discovered the amazing power of mouseover. Comboing it in Arena with focus is even more delicious.

I havent actually needed focus yet only being a paladin. When I do CC a mob with fear I just make it my main target. I never need to target anything because of mouseover. Although, in arenas I can see how one focus, one main target would be nice. I have to try that out.

I linked this earlier but I'll link it again. Focus Frame it displays a target frame for your focus. Includes a castbar for them and shows their target.

focused7 on
  • bookworm13bookworm13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bookworm13 wrote: »
    #showtooltip
    /use [modifier:ctrl] 13; 14

So.... Any idea why this macro isn't working?

bookworm13 on
    edited June 2007
    #showtooltip
    /use [modifier:ctrl] 13;14

Worked fine for me. Try taking out the space? You sure you didn't bind the ctrl key to another function or something? That could mess it up too maybe.

focused7 on
    edited June 2007
    focused7 wrote: »

I linked this earlier but I'll link it again. Focus Frame it displays a target frame for your focus. Includes a castbar for them and shows their target.

Yearp, thats the bomb. I just wish there was a Perl UF/Arena Master version of it. They'll incorporate eventually though...

Adimax on
    edited June 2007
    focused7 wrote: »
    #showtooltip
    /use [modifier:ctrl] 13;14

Worked fine for me. Try taking out the space? You sure you didn't bind the ctrl key to another function or something? That could mess it up too maybe.

Yup, that turns out to be the problem - the button I had put the macro on were ctrl defaulted to the master volume control. On the other hand, that helped fix the problem I had of the volume going too high. :oops:

bookworm13 on
  • Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I’m trying to make a “panic button” macro that pops Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush and Evasion.

I used:

/cast Blade Flurry
    /stop casting
    /cast Adrenaline Rush
    /stop casting
    /cast Evasion
    /stop casting

It will activate Blade Flurry and Evasion, but not Adrenaline Rush. Any ideas and/or help?

Super_Happy on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007

For any class with long-range CC or spell stoppers, Focus is a godsend because /mouseover works on the frame as well. In the chaos of a 5v5, it's a Godsend being able to mouseover that priest's or druid's frame to fear or counterspell, and not risk a miss-mouseover.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2007
    The latest version of the Pitbull addon, which looks a lot like ag_Unitframes, includes a focus window (along with every other possible player/target window). They are all uber configurable.

Highly recommended.

Adimax on
    edited June 2007
    Pitbull exceeds the amount of time I am willing to put into a mod. Way too much configuring.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited June 2007
    I’m trying to make a “panic button” macro that pops Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush and Evasion.

I used:

/cast Blade Flurry
    /stop casting
    /cast Adrenaline Rush
    /stop casting
    /cast Evasion
    /stop casting

It will activate Blade Flurry and Evasion, but not Adrenaline Rush. Any ideas and/or help?

If any of those skills trigger the global cooldown you won't be able to chain them like that. The best you could do is use /castsequence to make one button you mash 3 times.

focused7 on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's /stopcasting, not /stop casting.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Can I get a macro that will cast Conflagrate if the target has immolate active on them and Immolate if it doesn't? If that's possible..

Rizzi on
    edited June 2007
    No there isn't any mechanic for checking debuffs on a target.

focused7 on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Poop.

Rizzi on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    God, I fucking hate getting rooted while healing my buddy. Can anyone PLEASE give me a macro that dispells my ass first, and THEN the chump I'm targetting?

tyrannus on
    edited June 2007
    Not possible without having it break when you have nothing dispellable on you.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hate yous. There a way to make it have like, a modifier? Like, ctrl to dispell the guy, and regular for mee?

tyrannus on
    edited June 2007
    /cast [target=player,nomodifier:ctrl] Dispel Magic; Dispel Magic

edit: Wouldn't that just be a self-cast modifier you're looking for then? That's in the default UI under Interface Options.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited June 2007
    ctrl modifier

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier:ctrl, target=player] Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic

right click dispels you left click dispels target

#showtooltip
    /cast [button:2, target=player] Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic

focused7 on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I need a conjour water macro that makes like, my entire mana pools worth of water.

projectmayhem on
    edited June 2007
    You can't just keep hitting the button?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Saeris wrote: »
    You can't just keep hitting the button?

It would be nice to be able to hit one button and alt-tab for 5min then just sit there clicking it over and over.

And really, you can't get onto me about being lazy in a macro thread.

projectmayhem on
    edited June 2007
    Well, regardless, it can't be done. There's no way to cast more than one non-instant spell with one keypress.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • KinetiKKinetiK Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Please elaborate with specifics to focus. I'm only NOW discovering this whole concept of mouseovers and 3v3 arena games. To be able to keep the opposing paladin/priest as my focus so I could mouseover their focus frame and dispell that shield/BoW would be absolutely game breaking.

(also point me in the direction of good arena frames ;) )

KinetiK on
    Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.
    edited June 2007
    You don't even have to have a focus frame up or mouseover.

/cast [target=focus] spell

will cast on your focus without losing your current target. IE a banish macro I have on my lock. Will focus if I don't have a focus or the focus is dead and then banish. Otherwise if I have a focus it will banish my focus.

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] Banish

focused7 on
    edited June 2007
    So if I'm reading the latest patch notes correctly, I can condense this:
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense; [target=target,help,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,harm,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense;

To this?
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] [target=target,help,exists,nodead] [target=targettarget,harm,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense

bookworm13 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yes, I believe so.

Opty on
    edited June 2007
    I need a conjour water macro that makes like, my entire mana pools worth of water.
    the_bird_red-742324.jpg
    Park it on your Conjure Water key.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bookworm13 wrote: »
    So if I'm reading the latest patch notes correctly, I can condense this:
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense; [target=target,help,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,harm,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense;

To this?
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists,nodead] [target=target,help,exists,nodead] [target=targettarget,harm,exists,nodead] Righteous Defense

If I'm not mistaken you could've done that before this patch. The only thing I see in the patch notes is regarding /castsequence, which is different than what you're doing.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • DizzavizzleDizzavizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    the_bird_red-742324.jpg
    Park it on your Conjure Water key.

Unfortunetly he's looking to Alt+Tab out, so that solution is not so viable at such a time :(

Dizzavizzle on
    edited June 2007
    KinetiK wrote: »

Please elaborate with specifics to focus. I'm only NOW discovering this whole concept of mouseovers and 3v3 arena games. To be able to keep the opposing paladin/priest as my focus so I could mouseover their focus frame and dispell that shield/BoW would be absolutely game breaking.

(also point me in the direction of good arena frames ;) )

Alrighty. I dont have my exact macro coding here at work, but I'll post it from home if anyone is interested:

In my 2v2 matches, I play a Priest of the Shadow flavor (gasp!, I know its shocking). So my buttons look like (using Bartender3):
    (Shadowform)		(heal mode)
    ` Mana Pet		` Mana Pet
    1 Mind Blast		1 Holy Fire
    2 Shadow Word: Pain	2 Smite
    3 Mind Flay		3 Mana Burn
    4 Power Word: Shield	4 Power Word: Shield
    5 Vampiric Embrace		5 Renew
    6 Vampiric Touch		6 Flash Heal
    7 Shadow Word: Death	7 Greater Heal
    8 Psychic Scream		8 Psychic Scream
    9 Silence			9 Silence
    0 Dispel Magic Me/Them	0 Dispel Magic
    - Dispel Magic on Focus	- Dispel Magic on Focus
    = Health Stone		= Health Stone

(and then the rest of the stuff: mounts, potions, perception, cure disease, etc, etc... pretty much static buttons and all that)

I've got bar swapping on between the two forms, so when I dip in and out of Shadowform, my buttons never move or jumble or anything like that. And obviously I have all the 'still useful out of Shadowform' spells loaded up, and I have 'healing' stuff swapped out in places when I'm out of it. I also have Holy Fire, Smite, and Mana Burn on there in case my Shadow school gets locked out. I like the setup a lot and have been using it for 40 levels or so.

But I'm even more in love with it now that its tweaked with focus: I set my partner as my focus for 2v2 at the beginning of a play session and...

Buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 are set to target Me with either a left click/normal key press OR shield my Focus with either a CTRL + key press/right-click.

Button 0 is set to Dispel my current mouseover or last target I moused over with nothing targeted, my Target with a left-click, and me with a right-click.

Button - is set to Dispel Magic on my Focus.

/em takes a deep breath.

So, with all of that setup, and using Pitbull as my Focus frame, I've got my teammate HP/Mana visible at the top and center of my screen, and as soon as any kind of debuff hits him, very large and prominent debuff icons are displayed. I cleanse very fast and Warlocks/Mages hate me a lot. There are sooo many magic debuffs it absurd.

I've also got a buff castsequence that goes: Power Fortitude, Shadow Protection (both on my Focus), Power Fortitude, Shadow Protection, Inner Fire, Prayer of Healing, Shadowform, Power Word: Shield. So at the start of the match I just tap that key 7 times, and then a few seconds before the match, # 8 is the shield.

Adimax on
    edited June 2007
    Oh, I forgot to add.

The Warlock I arena with? He picks up the focus fire target I call out and his entire bar is macroed and looks like this:

Left-click/normal key press Agony on his Target OR Right-click/CTRL + key press Agony on his Focus
    Left-click/normal key press Corruption on his Target OR Right-click/CTRL + key press Corruption on his Focus
    Left-click/normal key press Immolate on his Target OR Right-click/CTRL + key press Immolate on his Focus
    and on and on and on.

So once he sets his Focus, he can keep his target on one guy and right click or CTRL press any button he has to to repeatedly fear/skillcoil/DoT his focus target. He even controls his pet with the same type of setup.

As far as good arena mods go, I like SSPVP (although it almost has to many features) and Arena Master at the moment. AM is kinda fugly though, after seeing Pitbull's rendering.

Editing to add: apparently, nirvana is this (per the Warlock): when you turn to deal with an enemy that's your focus and begin to fire off spells without clicking or mousing over them, and when your main clicked target dies, and you work on the 2nd guy, again, just off your focus keys/clicks alone, not even bothering to target him.

Adimax on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any idea why this macro:
    /cast [target=mouseover] Dispel Magic(Rank 2)

does absolutely nothing? It will work, but only if my mouse isn't over anyone. My healing macros are the same and they work fine.

exis on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Ditch the rank.

Echo on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Ditch the rank.

I had it rankless before. I tried shift-clicking it from the spellbook when it wouldn't work which is why it's Rank 2 now.

exis on
This discussion has been closed.