As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitch [Chat]

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited March 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
TWITCH! It's a streaming platform. You've probably heard of it!

You can do a lot of fun stuff on it, like art and singing and playing video games!

You can watch TV shows with other people and chat about them! You can watch people get really mad at MOBAs! You can watch people get really sick playing VR!

It's fun! Also, if you're an amazon prime person, you can give bezos bucks to a streamer each month for free, so go on, go support someone you like!

So, who are your favorite Twitch streamers? And if you're a chat streamer, let the people know!

This post subject to revision in case I get bored.

HERE'S SOME RAD STREAMS/CATEGORIES TO CHECK OUT:

Paint along with Bob Ross!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Twitch Sings
Sing songs with people!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star Citizen
Look, this game does exist!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Art
Paint some minis, some canvas, or yourself!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Makers & Crafting
Get crafty!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Music & Performing Arts
Free concerts!

Forumers Who Stream! I'm probably missing a ton of you so @me and I'll both add you and go follow you. And everyone else should follow these folks too! It's free!

I N F L U E N C E R S

SniperGuy on

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The Truth is Lusitania was built in Scotland so when the torpedo hit it went "Ye call that wee bab an explosion? I'll show ye an explosion!"

This is like the Titanic's NOPOPE problem

• Options
    Don't tell Lorc he'd be delighted

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Daddy Long Leg spider (cellar spider) vs Daddy Long Legs (harvestman)

English is awesome

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Egyptian pyramids have an octagonal base, not a square one

All eight sides can only be seen from above, proving they're meant to be seen from the sky

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I got stuck trying to think of an appropriate sports star to list as an option in a "what is a daddy long legs?" poll

damn my lack of straightness

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    i don't watch anyone regularly on twitch atm. there was a period where i was watching hearthstone streamers regularly, which was both symptomatic of deep, deep depression and also something i stopped doing when we all agreed to permanently cancel blizzard and anyone who plays blizzard games

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I got stuck trying to think of an appropriate sports star to list as an option in a "what is a daddy long legs?" poll

Wilt the Stilt I guess would work but for more recent, I dunno Yao Ming?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i feel like kareem abdul-jabbar has notably long legs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

but is he a daddy?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

don't you mean famed airline pilot Roger Murdock?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    i don't watch anyone regularly but i'll occasionally watch fifa tutorials by good streamers on youtube

the guy who won the fifa esports world championship did some really good ones on how to git good

Tav on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I watch some Twitch things but only after they make it to YouTube.

• Options
    I mostly watch PatStaresAt and SpeedGaming races (particularly LttP Randomizer races, which has led me to the insane prospect of trying that out for myself on stream in the near future)

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Annemunition is probably my top Twitch streamer these days

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVMMJ7O2Zc

The model in this video is both pretty cool and rather spooky.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Annemunition is probably my top Twitch streamer these days

Cohh if I am teleworking. And evenings are Anne or Hafu.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    i was like "i wonder why i'm doing badly" and i watched his video and was like "ohhhh"

video game football is different to real football

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    i was like "i wonder why i'm doing badly" and i watched his video and was like "ohhhh"

video game football is different to real football

I distinctly remember back in like...Fifa 96 or something for PC, Italy was the best team me and my brother found because they had (at least one of) the fastest guy(s) in the game. So you could just pick them, pass it to Baggio, and go end to end, slowly outstripping defenders and getting shots on goal really easily.

Announcer just like "Baggio...Baggio!..."

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Okay now I'm not actively in a magic arena game so I updated the OP with some stream recommendations and spot for us to list forumers who have channels so if you're not in there and have a channel tell me so I can put you in there and also everyone should follow all the forumers because it's a nice thing to do and makes people happy.

HURRAY INTERNET BONDING

• Options
    gale53bpway0.png
    Necronomicum

:?

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Cum All Ye Faithful

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    i don't watch anyone regularly but i'll occasionally watch fifa tutorials by good streamers on youtube

the guy who won the fifa esports world championship did some really good ones on how to git good

I'm currently playing career mode in FIFA 19 with my hometown team/footballing millstone Sligo Rovers.
    And I insist on trying to play tiki-taka with a bunch of donkeys, so it's not going super well.

But I've definitely gotten much better at the game because of videos like that, and i think FIFA is much closer to a fighting game than anything else - don't rush, look for your opening, then completely whiff it because you messed up the exact combination of buttons needed to do what you wanted and then your guy just falls over.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    gale53bpway0.png
    Necronomicum

:?

The book of the dead and how to talk dirty to them

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Goddammit this new chat thread has the unread posts bug again. At least it’s not DK’s achey balls.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    OK doing the fix fixed it. Fixin’

• Options
    A fix fixed something? Preposterous!

• Options
    Nothing like an impending pandemic to make you realise just how much you touch your own face

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Six wrote: »

There's a fix that fixes it? I hope you're fixin' to tell us so we can get our fix of the fix, Six.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i touch my face constantly

it's not going to stop

sorry everyone

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

I'm currently playing career mode in FIFA 19 with my hometown team/footballing millstone Sligo Rovers.
    And I insist on trying to play tiki-taka with a bunch of donkeys, so it's not going super well.

But I've definitely gotten much better at the game because of videos like that, and i think FIFA is much closer to a fighting game than anything else - don't rush, look for your opening, then completely whiff it because you messed up the exact combination of buttons needed to do what you wanted and then your guy just falls over.

I was at Bohs Sligo about two weeks back and I think you're being unfair on donkeys here.

But yeah, I play FUT to a decent level. I usually get G2 with a few games to spare and then give up, I can go g1/elite 3 if i bother and it is more like a fighting game except there can be a massive difference between teams and someone running a big meta squad is a pain in the bollocks. Its made me absolutely hate some footballers I've barely ever seen in real life like Ben Yedder because you can just tell that someone is gonna yeet the ball in from a crazy angle and then sush and dab as much as possible

• Options
    The important thing is to not think about how your nose is itching right now

• Options
    apparently NPR's World Cafe is going to do a feature on the Richmond music scene later this month

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Six wrote: »

There's a fix that fixes it? I hope you're fixin' to tell us so we can get our fix of the fix, Six.

Apply the fix to fix what sticks.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am now aware of a D&D 5E setting called Humblewood, which seems to be about cool birds being paladins and clerics and other woodland creatures having adventures and I'll be darned if this isn't basically Root but in D&D with different but still lovely art.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    @SniperGuy and @Tcheldor put me on ya batsignal lists! I'm on night shifts, so if you're on past midnight I can tune in sometimes. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I find that I'm happier doing whatever it is that a videogame simulates

I still can't lead a group of plucky crashlanded colonists, so Rimworld it is

But shooting, sport, etc. yeah go outside

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    d7u75miama6r.jpg

i love my large virtual football sons

• Options
    Sports games are weird because sometimes I’m playing them to git gud and wreck the game, but often I’m playing them to feel like I’m simulating the team I’m playing being good, so I’d rather play it closer to what I believe the real sport is even though what I’m doing is translated from what’s actually happening to my perception of what’s happening to a video game simulation of what’s happening to my ability to control what’s happening in a video game simulation to my perception of what’s happening in the simulation.

Sports are great

• Options
    I find that I'm happier doing whatever it is that a videogame simulates

I still can't lead a group of plucky crashlanded colonists, so Rimworld it is

But shooting, sport, etc. yeah go outside

Summary no you aren't supposed to play PUBG in real life!

This discussion has been closed.