As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Resident Evil] Are you a bad enough dude to save the President's daughter... again?

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I mean it honestly doesn't look bad. Giant worm has me confused but yeah... I like the angle.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I mean it honestly doesn't look bad. Giant worm has me confused but yeah... I like the angle.

I like the second trailer more; the last RE movie also had decent trailers though, but I'll give this series the benefit of the doubt since it is a whole new creative team

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The mouse sensitivity on Village is horrible. I have it on max and it feels like I have flick my wrist several times to turn around.

Ended up having to set my mouse to 10000dpi to get it to feel normal.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    The mouse sensitivity on Village is horrible. I have it on max and it feels like I have flick my wrist several times to turn around.

Did you try cutting your wrist off and sticking it back on with some water?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Hey hey, healing water.

• Options

Hey hey, healing water.

FYI Gatorade works just as well. They don't tell you that though.

• Options

Hey hey, healing water.

It’s the electrolytes.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Hey hey, healing water.

It’s the electrolytes.

Electrolytes are what severed wrists crave.

• Options
    I'd like to point out that @Zavian's avatar makes the "agree" that much funnier.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Playing Village in VR adds new and exciting gameplay innovations:

I can't see how anyone will defeat Ethan now.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    Capcom sent an email to say they are now available for all systems!

Apart from Xbox. Which I have.

Xbox version is arriving on the 22nd, so See You Next Tuesday!

OK, I'm stupid: I was under the impression these weren't coming for a while.

In which case, I need to fire up RE3 on Xbox Series X; I stopped not long after returning to the Racoon City Police Station (kind of boring to return to that area just after finishing RE2).

Correction to myself sort of: the Xbox Series/Playstation 5 updates to RE2 and RE3 remakes don't seem to be out yet. I don't think they've been announced beyond "coming in 2022."

Yeah, I realised I was wrong way after I posted, and forgot to edit.

Soz.

And in other news, I beat all of mercenaries at SS level, got the light saber and 100% all the cheevos!

Yay me!

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Village coming to PSVR2:

https://youtu.be/Q6kgFBKAfIk

RE4make next March:

https://youtu.be/-L1EuRo54pI

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Who's that woman running through the woods? Thought it might be a redesign for Ashley, but they show her at the end and she's looking the same, so...?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Who's that woman running through the woods? Thought it might be a redesign for Ashley, but they show her at the end and she's looking the same, so...?
    I think it might have been Ada, but she looked more panicky than I'd expect from her.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I wouldn't count out the possibility of some trailer trickery for that female character with the orange jacket. In the shot that she's running her hair is blonde (and she's looking panicked), but when her back's to us (and looking more like a playable character) her hair is black.

I've seen some rumours that they're turning Ada's game modes from the original into a full on Leon/Claire style B campaign, and they might be trying to obfuscate that a bit here.

Burnage on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Seeming like an RE3 Nemesis Edition is never going to happen.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Seeming like an RE3 Nemesis Edition is never going to happen.

I'm more disappointed that we're not getting Code Veronica out of this.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I mean it’s probably not their last ever remaster, and I doubt 5 and 6 will be touched, so…

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I was actually going to say, somebody wake me up if and when they get to Code Veronica.

I don't even think the game is particularly amazing or anything. It's fine I guess. But the whole ending bit with Wesker and Chris is the frigging best.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I hope they don't make it too dour, that trailer is pointing clearly at PTSD.

When Leon says "You're small time" it was true. Some tinpot cult leader, a little village of monsters with pitchforks, Leon doesn't give a flying fuck about their bullshit.

Leon got blindsided by some things, but overall, for him it was Tuesday.

RE4 is one of my favourite all time games, and Mr Scott Kennedy talking shit to mutant monsters is part of the charm.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

When Leon says "You're small time" it was true. Some tinpot cult leader, a little village of monsters with pitchforks, Leon doesn't give a flying fuck about their bullshit.

RE4 is one of my favourite all time games, and Mr Scott Kennedy talking shit to mutant monsters is part of the charm.

Yeah, it looks great and I think the series has re-earned some benefit of doubt, but I'm not sure about a completely serious RE4.

Is 4KHD worth losing "Your right hand comes off?"

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    My hopes for the RE4 remake include:

1) Consistency with the tone and theme of the RE2/RE3 Remakes.
    2) A reduction in campiness in the third act.
    3) Increased length of time spent in act 1.

Overall I really like RE4. It was the first game in the series that I finished. (I've since beaten all of the mainline games, but 4 holds a special place in my heart as my first full completion). That being said, 4 completely jumps the shark in the third act and goes from creepy European horror to full on summer action blockbuster with all the camp and cheese that comes along with that. I'd really like to see them tone that down and match the tonal consistency of 2 and 3. And in my opinion, the first act of the game in that creepy European village is the strongest part of the game. They need to spend more time there. The creepy cultists in the castle in the 2nd act are pretty good too.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    The big issue for me is how they’re going to wrangle with the fact that Village was essentially a visual and thematic successor to 4, and so there’s going to be a lot of visual and content familiarity if they don’t make an effort to avoid that. For instance parts of the trailer worried me because the colour palette was that dark blue night theme from Village and basically looked like it could be clips from it (if you put it in first person), and just the setting itself makes those comparisons even stronger

There was one scene more brightly lit with lighter colours, and I hope they emphasise aspects like that a bit more. Just going back to back with two very similar settings will run the risk of fatigue

Prohass on
  • Options

Yeah they're absolutely making the game grimdark serious and I don't know... I guess that's what people want in a RE game? I love the cheesy schlock of RE4. They reveled in the absurdity of it all and it was great.

• Options

Yeah they're absolutely making the game grimdark serious and I don't know... I guess that's what people want in a RE game? I love the cheesy schlock of RE4. They reveled in the absurdity of it all and it was great.

They're clearly trying to make the older games in step with 7 and 8 in tone and visuals and update the lore at the same time, which is a shame because the lore of 8 is terrible.

• Options

This time, will Hunnigan shoot down Leon's advances with a pistol? Or worse?

Resident evil 4.5: Leon has a meeting with HR.

Although that could be the Resident Evil/Ace attorney crossover we never knew we wanted.

• Options
    I'm okay with this being a more serious rendition of RE4 to go along with the REmake2/REmake3 tones. RE4 is still playable today and with the re4hd mod, looks great. It's not like we can't play RE4 classic anywhere due to lack of availability. This can be a fresh take on it, and by the end of the trailer it seems they might do that since the trailer alludes to Leon having been a bodyguard of Ashley previously and failed a mission, and not just assigned by happenstance.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

I don't mind cheesy schlock as a general concept. But I like tonal consistency more. And I'd rather that RE4 match closer to the earlier parts of the series. Which it looks like they're doing with this remake.

• Options
    NO.

It has to be what I want it to be!

Because I'm selfish.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I don't mind cheesy schlock as a general concept. But I like tonal consistency more. And I'd rather that RE4 match closer to the earlier parts of the series. Which it looks like they're doing with this remake.

"Don't open that door!"

"You almost became a Jill Sandwich"

I miss that shit.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2022

"Don't open that door!"

I miss that shit.

For me 4 plays as an action horror game, and this will probably just make it a boring sloggy horror game and not at all like RE 4. So why even bother? Why not make a new over the shoulder game instead?

I mean 2 was a decent remake, but 3 was kind of shit compared to OG 3.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I’m surprised they skipped CV for this but oh well, re4 is probably the last game I ever beat multiple times as I got older and more time stretched so uh, what’s one more go

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

"Don't open that door!"

I miss that shit.

For me 4 plays as an action horror game, and this will probably just make it a boring sloggy horror game and not at all like RE 4. So why even bother? Why not make a new over the shoulder game instead?

I mean 2 was a decent remake, but 3 was kind of shit compared to OG 3.

The RE2 and RE3 remakes were amazing. Far better than the PS1 games in just about every way.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    On a technical level sure, the original games have a lot more content and areas and 3 is better than the half-assed remake any day.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah hard disagree on 3. Like graphically sure, but like they cut half the game and then kind of stitched together a worse version.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Whoever at the design meeting said "You know Nemesis? Famous monster, walks around in a trench coat, stalks you semi-randomly? Well how about...DOG MONSTER half way in!?" needs a slap.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Does he still become iconic amorphous blob at the end at least?

• Options
    RE3 for me was just as good as RE2. In fact, I may have enjoyed it more, even if it wasn’t as good. I played RE3 back on the PS1 and didn’t care for it at all. Such a letdown after RE2.

So yeah, to me RE3 is way better in every way.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah hard disagree on 3. Like graphically sure, but like they cut half the game and then kind of stitched together a worse version.

I never played the original 3, so I can't really speak to anything they cut, but I enjoyed the remake. Of course, I bought it when it was $30. I would not have enjoyed it nearly as much had I bought it at $60.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126