As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[tv] is all video games now

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    i'm actually shocked myself

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    would you believe the very first victim in this show was a prostitute

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477712d5cc85112eb80d0ea216d5bc3e48f703ca99&rid=giphy.gif

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That is a bold, unexpected direction for them to take.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    look I love stabler, but maybe a show about an extremely unstable cop made by a guy who really loves cops is not what the world needs

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    a show about a cop is not what the world needs

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    In 8th grade, I got suspended for 2 days for saying "Dick Wolf" when we were talking about funny names.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    a show about a cop is not what the world needs

not even cop rock?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    if I were emperor I would cancel law & order on the first day

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    if I were emperor I would cancel law & order on the first day

Have fun with the praetorian guard. They love that show.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    i was about to bounce on this show because it is boring as shit but i think the villain is an evil lady hypnotist???

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    i was about to bounce on this show because it is boring as shit but i think the villain is an evil lady hypnotist???

Is she a hypnotist, or does she just mind control her opponents through logic like Sherlock's evil sister or whatever did

• Options
    straight up "look into my evil eye/sleeeep" hypnotism

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I love a good,

https://youtu.be/XBYuieuk39I

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Good

No half measures

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    This feels like the right time to remind people of the existence of "The Sniffer." A Ukrainian Sherlock ripoff that has three seasons available on Netflix. This is what I wrote about it a few years ago.

It's hilarious. He walks into a room hours after a crime occurred, literally sniffs around a bit, and can then tell the police the age of the criminal, some very specific info about things they'll find where he lives or works, what kind of clothing he wears, and that he was wearing a nicotine patch. Then his magical olfactory powers tell him that the nicotine patch was worn on the criminal's right arm.

They actually have this smell-o-vision they use at times to show viewers the odors still lingering in the air and how he is able to recreate what happened just through lingering smells.

He lives in a hermetically sealed apartment that can only be reached by a private elevator. He keeps a well-equipped lab there and a huge collection of unusual items in sealed test tubes. The two times he's been stumped by a smell he has gone back to the lab, taken a whiff from one incorrect test tube, and then nailed the correct odor on the second test tube both times.

Note that none of this is played for laughs, it absolutely takes itself seriously.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I don't even know anything about swords, but there's something about a shasqua that really appeals to me.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I did a little fencing in college and saber was my absolute favorite

• Options
    wait a minute....

there's only ten minutes left and freud hasn't solved a single murder!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    wait a minute....

Surely he can't put it together at the eleventh hour when a sudden realization clicks the final piece of the puzzle into place!

Unless...

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Im watching beastars and the episode summary for 9 has a confusing translation error.

Also Rouis? Come on netflix

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I did a little fencing in college and saber was my absolute favorite

I was a foil man.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    wait a minute....

Murder Investigations Terminable and Interminable

Psychotherapy's not really your go-to if you want a firm conclusion. Good to hear the series is staying true to form.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I fenced competitively in high school and college (hello it is me, the world's whitest man). Mostly foil. I preferred sabre (and frankly think if it had been my focus I would have been better than I was with a foil) but rarely got to actually do it, womp womp.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    wait a minute....

Detective Freud? More like Defective Fraud! Boom

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I will only accept two versions of Freud on screen.

This being one of them...

d2u1l0aj5v041.jpg

• Options
    How about Werner Herzog playing a super nihilistic Freud that's like, 80% just Werner Herzog?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    How about Werner Herzog playing a super nihilistic Freud that's like, 80% just Werner Herzog?

Werner Herzog needs to play schopenhauer in something asap I earnestly do not care what

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Werner Herzog needs to play schopenhauer in something asap I earnestly do not care what

Who would you want directing?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »

What's the other one

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

What's the other one

Siggy in the food court with a corn dog attempting to hit on high schoolers.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited March 2020

What's the other one

Yeah, its the Freud who tells an entire high school assembly that a kid wants to fuck his step-mom.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

What's the other one

Yeah, its the Freud who tells an entire high school assembly that a kid wants to fuck his step-mom.

IIRC, he helps Ted on the couch with his inferiority issues vis a vis his dad during the presentation, and after that Bill says he's good and straight up admits he simply suffers from "a minor oedipal complex"

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Better Call Saul is a show set in the recent past, and today they are illustrating this by showing businesspeople anticipating the avocado boom

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Better Call Saul is a show set in the recent past, and today they are illustrating this by showing businesspeople anticipating the avocado boom

Me, I just want more information on joining the Los Pollos Hermanos family.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    jesus christ

castlevania season 3 is a trip

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I only read this page and does this all mean there is a TV series in which Freud solves murders

Guy seems like he would be chasing wrong leads all the time

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    jesus christ

castlevania season 3 is a trip

And amazing.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.