[Epic 7] ML Krau is here! Ludwig and Sez banners.

14041424345

Posts

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Nothing strange about who you got. Just good ol RNG.

  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    So I finally hit Rank 30 very shortly after finishing 10-10. My three banked ML Summons yielded only 3* units, but the 5* ticket from the event got me Sigret! So that's pretty excellent; I didn't really have a blue damage dealer Knight Warrior (lul) yet (absent leveling up a 3* or 4*, and Taranor Guard hasn't been really exciting so far.)

    So now I'm at 7, I think? Vildred, Lilias, Baal and Sezan, Sez, Tenebria, Tamarinne, and Sigret. Feels like a well rounded bunch. 2.5m gold, ~105 BMs, almost 5k skystones. Not bad at all I think.

    Edit: is it weird that four of my seven 5* are from the Selective pool, or just a coincidence? Two were regular Covenant draws and one was from the 5* ticket. One guesses the latter two sources have a limited selection?

    That pool will set you up very nicely for progression into mid and end game. Tamarinne just murders 99% of PVE content. Sigret is the premier dps unit for Wyvern 13, which is the main thing to farm for progression after you finish story and go from mid game to end game (you basically never stop farming W13). Be on the lookout for Taranor Guard (3 star), Crozet (4 star), Alexa (3 star), and General Purgiss (ML 4 star) for wyvern 13.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    So I finally hit Rank 30 very shortly after finishing 10-10. My three banked ML Summons yielded only 3* units, but the 5* ticket from the event got me Sigret! So that's pretty excellent; I didn't really have a blue damage dealer Knight Warrior (lul) yet (absent leveling up a 3* or 4*, and Taranor Guard hasn't been really exciting so far.)

    So now I'm at 7, I think? Vildred, Lilias, Baal and Sezan, Sez, Tenebria, Tamarinne, and Sigret. Feels like a well rounded bunch. 2.5m gold, ~105 BMs, almost 5k skystones. Not bad at all I think.

    Edit: is it weird that four of my seven 5* are from the Selective pool, or just a coincidence? Two were regular Covenant draws and one was from the 5* ticket. One guesses the latter two sources have a limited selection?

    That pool will set you up very nicely for progression into mid and end game. Tamarinne just murders 99% of PVE content. Sigret is the premier dps unit for Wyvern 13, which is the main thing to farm for progression after you finish story and go from mid game to end game (you basically never stop farming W13). Be on the lookout for Taranor Guard (3 star), Crozet (4 star), Alexa (3 star), and General Purgiss (ML 4 star) for wyvern 13.

    Thanks for this; I am currently focusing on getting 5* fodders promoted up so I can promote Vildred (and finish an adventure path for another Cosmic summon.) Been grinding Normal on the Chloe event with Vildred + Lilias + 2 fodders and I can entirely ignore that; with Vildred + 3 fodders I needed a friend and to pay attention. After that the focus will be on getting Tenebria and Sigret leveled up and awakened, then I'll dive into Chapter 2.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    So I finally hit Rank 30 very shortly after finishing 10-10. My three banked ML Summons yielded only 3* units, but the 5* ticket from the event got me Sigret! So that's pretty excellent; I didn't really have a blue damage dealer Knight Warrior (lul) yet (absent leveling up a 3* or 4*, and Taranor Guard hasn't been really exciting so far.)

    So now I'm at 7, I think? Vildred, Lilias, Baal and Sezan, Sez, Tenebria, Tamarinne, and Sigret. Feels like a well rounded bunch. 2.5m gold, ~105 BMs, almost 5k skystones. Not bad at all I think.

    Edit: is it weird that four of my seven 5* are from the Selective pool, or just a coincidence? Two were regular Covenant draws and one was from the 5* ticket. One guesses the latter two sources have a limited selection?

    That pool will set you up very nicely for progression into mid and end game. Tamarinne just murders 99% of PVE content. Sigret is the premier dps unit for Wyvern 13, which is the main thing to farm for progression after you finish story and go from mid game to end game (you basically never stop farming W13). Be on the lookout for Taranor Guard (3 star), Crozet (4 star), Alexa (3 star), and General Purgiss (ML 4 star) for wyvern 13.

    Thanks for this; I am currently focusing on getting 5* fodders promoted up so I can promote Vildred (and finish an adventure path for another Cosmic summon.) Been grinding Normal on the Chloe event with Vildred + Lilias + 2 fodders and I can entirely ignore that; with Vildred + 3 fodders I needed a friend and to pay attention. After that the focus will be on getting Tenebria and Sigret leveled up and awakened, then I'll dive into Chapter 2.

    I'd work on Tam over Tenebria, unless you are also working on Montmorancy's SC. You'll want a good healer at some point.

    Also don't forget the Unrecorded History. It's basically a run through of Chapter 1 again but slightly harder. But most importantly it unlocks epic catalysts and more Breath of Orbis. You may want to do it before Chapter 2.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    So I finally hit Rank 30 very shortly after finishing 10-10. My three banked ML Summons yielded only 3* units, but the 5* ticket from the event got me Sigret! So that's pretty excellent; I didn't really have a blue damage dealer Knight Warrior (lul) yet (absent leveling up a 3* or 4*, and Taranor Guard hasn't been really exciting so far.)

    So now I'm at 7, I think? Vildred, Lilias, Baal and Sezan, Sez, Tenebria, Tamarinne, and Sigret. Feels like a well rounded bunch. 2.5m gold, ~105 BMs, almost 5k skystones. Not bad at all I think.

    Edit: is it weird that four of my seven 5* are from the Selective pool, or just a coincidence? Two were regular Covenant draws and one was from the 5* ticket. One guesses the latter two sources have a limited selection?

    That pool will set you up very nicely for progression into mid and end game. Tamarinne just murders 99% of PVE content. Sigret is the premier dps unit for Wyvern 13, which is the main thing to farm for progression after you finish story and go from mid game to end game (you basically never stop farming W13). Be on the lookout for Taranor Guard (3 star), Crozet (4 star), Alexa (3 star), and General Purgiss (ML 4 star) for wyvern 13.

    Thanks for this; I am currently focusing on getting 5* fodders promoted up so I can promote Vildred (and finish an adventure path for another Cosmic summon.) Been grinding Normal on the Chloe event with Vildred + Lilias + 2 fodders and I can entirely ignore that; with Vildred + 3 fodders I needed a friend and to pay attention. After that the focus will be on getting Tenebria and Sigret leveled up and awakened, then I'll dive into Chapter 2.

    I'd work on Tam over Tenebria, unless you are also working on Montmorancy's SC. You'll want a good healer at some point.

    Also don't forget the Unrecorded History. It's basically a run through of Chapter 1 again but slightly harder. But most importantly it unlocks epic catalysts and more Breath of Orbis. You may want to do it before Chapter 2.

    Tam is fine at 50 and doesn't gain a ton going to 60, Tenebria will add a bunch of combat power with those ten levels though.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Trajan45Jubal77
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah, just not sure how useful she is in PvE. I have Tenebria at 50 and the only reason to move her to 60 would be for PvP. Since she's a debuffer, combat power isn't super needed on her as well. While Tam works fine at 50, she gets almost 1,000 base HP and 125 more Def which will come in handy since you want her fast which means trading off HP/Def when your starting off.

    Given how hard it is to get dogs to 5* and getting Epic Catalysts for the final 6* awakening, I'd probably be super choosy about who I level up. Really pure DPS units would be the ones I target first since they get the most out of it.

    Ideally I'd wait here till we see how the Episode 3 folks turn out here over the next month.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    A well geared fire Teneb will cleave down and control your team. She is pretty damn good.

    Shadowfire
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    For Tams realize she has two life bars. So she works in really bad gear. When she shifts back and forth into forms the other life bar is always full so its just a matter of getting her some speed and some chunk.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    g8v49n1wh8pr.png

    From the guild war today from a friend. He titled it.... "He tried so hard".

    Shadowfire
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 14
    Always makes me laugh when someone puts up a gif of Chesty McHootenany there teeing off on some poor slob and they get knocked across the map.

    I need to make a little chart of who needs rank 10 super friend mode; I've advanced a bunch to that rank now. Those free three not-molas are kinda handy.

    Nosf on
    Jubal77
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Ok; now that I have pets (and this is an interesting way of enabling auto-restart!), is there a stage or region where the energy-per-xp curve is best? Absent any particular need to grind a certain stage for AP or catalysts or both.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Just grind what you need. Side story, AP, etc. Use your artifact for more xp for the group on someone. There is usually more than enough to grind on without having to worry about xp/hr.

    ShadowfireTrajan45
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Threw in the last of the mystic medals I've got for Dorkus. Did not get him but I did manage to land a Challenger Dominiel so I will gladly take that, plus the daily Covenant granted me Sinful Angelica. Now if I could just get an Aux Lots I'd be set on ML support units.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Jubal77ShadowfireTrajan45
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The nice thing about Sinjelica is you dont need Aux Lots to make viable teams.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    hmmm new hero looks amazing and is limited, go figure. Her arti also looks crazy good.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I really don't like how she's limited. Especially after that interview where SG acknowledged that there's a problem with limited artifacts lacking some kind of pity and now oh hey guys it's another limited artifact that's really good dance for me my pretties

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    I did a ton of auto-grinding yesterday for rare catalysts for my various 5* heroes, and am somewhere between halfway and two-thirds of the way to their 5th awakening each. Vildred hit 60, Lilias, Tamarinne and Sigret all hit 50, Tenebria is at 45 and Baal & Sezan + Sezan are bringing up the rear at 43 and 35 respectively. I'll probably get each of them to 50 today in pursuit of more catalysts.

    With the general notion that a support should be next to 6*, who should I bump? "Support" like a healer, or like a debuffer? I could see either Tamarinne or Tenebria (or Baal & Sezan? Theoretically they're as useful/more useful in PvE than Tenebria is) being next.

    Chunked through about 500 skystone and 10 leif on energy, but I'm still at ~8k skystone with 120 BM and two full chapter equivalents to burn through.

    Rius on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Good, save those skystones and BMs. The new limited unit comes out soon and you'll want to ensure you can get a copy because she seems really good

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Or maybe I should be bumping a certain 4* or 3* to complement my 5* roster? I already have Taranor Guard at 5*.
    Madican wrote: »
    Good, save those skystones and BMs. The new limited unit comes out soon and you'll want to ensure you can get a copy because she seems really good

    What makes her good; she is designed to be good against multibuffed targets. Is that a big problem in tough PvE content, or is she a PvP unit?

    How common an occurrence is this; a limited unit being "must have"?

    Rius on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I like that their solution for Tieria is just "fuck it, she's +15 now, have your molas back, you're welcome."

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So. Money management is the next thing Rius. There are several people who talk about it on YouTube. Astronox probably has one of the better ones. If you are frugal in what you upgrade along with a few other minor things you will have plenty of gold in the game. I hover at 20 mil gold. The reason you want to keep that much is for shop refreshes. Now I don’t think you are account lvl 65 yet but if you save up stones and money, because you have to buy the bms and medals with gold, the shop in the inn is the best way to get bms. You just have to do it for a long time for it to even out. Last run I did 3k skystones and got the same bms I would have got using the shop conversion. But I also got 700 or so mystics. I think you want to be account 65 thoough for it but just something to think about.

    Most people don’t do it because that was like a couple hours of shop refreshes but it helped me get an ml. And I’ll be doing it for ML Krau.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It can very much be a PvE problem in addition to PvP. And honestly not sure. Previous must-have limiteds were things like Diene (early 2020), Dizzy (May), and Seaside (June) but those were all reruns from last year. The ones from this year with Elphelt (May) and Summer Yufine (July) have largely been lackluster units outside PvP.

    It's more that with how easy it is to gather 605 Bookmarks for the pity combined with people not fully figuring out units until long after they've debuted because of resource restrictions it's just a good idea to grab them as they come if they seem even slightly good at first look. Then if they turn out to be bonkers in something you're covered

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Yeah I only just hit account rank 40 last night, heh. 65 is a ways off.

    What's BM income like once you're caught up with story content? I'm trying very hard to stockpile BMs but it's tough to not do a summon or three after a long day of grinding, heh. It helps that I don't really want to mass convert all my skystone into BMs for pity pulls, and there's so much work to be done to level up and awaken the 5*s I already have.

    Rius on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    The bm income post easy freebies are the events, special events, dailies (including npc pvp fights), SSSing 3*s, friendship farming, tower/abyss, pvp, and probably a bit more. It is a save up grind after you clean out easy stuff.

    Jubal77 on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Oh and one thing you may want to consider but may not have been mentioned yet is just biting the bullet now and at least maxing your hero stash. Probably weapon/armor too.

    Jubal77 on
    Trajan45
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    I did add a bunch of slots to hero and equipment stashes, heh. Learned my lesson about doing those early.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Rius wrote: »
    Or maybe I should be bumping a certain 4* or 3* to complement my 5* roster? I already have Taranor Guard at 5*.
    Madican wrote: »
    Good, save those skystones and BMs. The new limited unit comes out soon and you'll want to ensure you can get a copy because she seems really good

    What makes her good; she is designed to be good against multibuffed targets. Is that a big problem in tough PvE content, or is she a PvP unit?

    How common an occurrence is this; a limited unit being "must have"?

    We're not 100% sure yet as we don't know her modifiers on her skills yet. She's likely to be a good PvE unit though as she has S. Tene's ability to stack attack. This is great for PvE content like Abyss and Raid since they are long and you'll max stacks before hitting any mini-bosses or bosses. The main question is do PvE bosses "permanent buffs" count as buffs for her abilities. Most PvE bosses at end game have buffs and perm buffs that can't be dispelled.

    I'd just wait and see. She's not coming out till next week at the earliest and we'll see some reviews at that point.

    We are getting a balance update here this week as well and folks think Baal and Sezan are in it as they showed them in the stream. If that's the case, they could be getting buffed and might make for a unit you'd want to prioritize.

    EDIT: As for 3*/4* units to work on, most of those units work fine at level 50 for PvE purposes. For example, Kiris is a super useful unit for Abyss. I've used her and her "poison" cheese on many levels but she's only level 50. TG is only 50 and I used him for Wyvern hunts. The main 4* heroes to 60 would be units you use for DPS like C. Dom, ML Schuri or units that can use the bulk like, Champ Z, Angie, A.Mont, A. Ras. I still use my A. Lots at 50 for PvP.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Is there any way to make a hero more effective against the element they're weak against? Improving the miss rate, etc.

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Not really. That's why Tieria is a really good character for new players.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Trajan45Jubal77
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's the rock, paper, scissors model for RGB. See below:

    Advantage:

    +15% Critical Chance
    10% more damage
    75% chance to land a Crushing Hit

    Disadvantage:

    -15% Critical Chance
    25% chance for Crushing hit
    50% Chance for Miss Hit

    You can use Oath Key to drop the chance for miss down to 30% but not much you can do about the rest. It's why ML units are sometimes really powerful in PvE since once leveled, mola'd, and geared, they can be used anywhere.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Yeah, just did the Secret Shop refreshes myself for mystics. Also got enough Covenant Bookmarks to pity the new unit when she releases if it comes to that, but already went to pity for Dark Corvus with 15 on the counter so I hope not. Got a Vildred along the rest of the way so that was a nice imprint for Arby.

    I was considering saving the pity for the next super broken hero but then I realized that Dorkus is ideal for my Guild Wars and Arena playstyle. Which is best summed up as "I don't care about being the best I'm just going to bulldoze you on my way to Challenger where I'll squat for the remainder of eternity." Also I can now guarantee that I'll always win at least one round in every GW fight. Because while Dark Corvus is pretty good against a human player, he is almost literally a god against AI enemies who keep plinking his body before getting oneshot by the S3.

    Madican on
    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Jubal77Trajan45
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    With the general notion that a support should be next to 6*, who should I bump? "Support" like a healer, or like a debuffer? I could see either Tamarinne or Tenebria (or Baal & Sezan? Theoretically they're as useful/more useful in PvE than Tenebria is) being next.

    Boo maintenance. I managed to promote up five 5* fodders, so I can bump someone else to 6*. Any suggestions?

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Rius wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    With the general notion that a support should be next to 6*, who should I bump? "Support" like a healer, or like a debuffer? I could see either Tamarinne or Tenebria (or Baal & Sezan? Theoretically they're as useful/more useful in PvE than Tenebria is) being next.

    Boo maintenance. I managed to promote up five 5* fodders, so I can bump someone else to 6*. Any suggestions?

    If this is the list.
    Vildred, Lilias, Baal and Sezan, Sez, Tenebria, Tamarinne, and Sigret

    Sigret, Lilias, Tams, Vildred, BZ, Sez.

    Do you ahve anyone else?

    Jubal77 on
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Vildred was my first promotion to 6*, and yeah that's my list of other 5*s.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    Sigret is one of your main lines into W13. She gets some more attack from 50-60. And paired with someone like Tgaurd and a healer tank and another dps like karin or choloe can help you farm W11 until you can get to 13.

    Jubal77 on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sigret, Alexa, Taranor Guard, and Angelic Montmorancy as the tank is a super solid team for W13 and below. It is dependent on Taranor Guard landing his debuff but it's worth the savings in molas since you only really need to use them on Sigret.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Woke up early for no reason so tried my summons. My husbando luck continues. Took all the mystics I had but it wasn't pity to get the mlkrau mans.

    ShadowfireTrajan45Mace1370Madican
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So ML Krau is pretty nuts. Got him up to 60 and geared in speed immunity. 200 speed. 20k hp. 1400 def. Noble Oath. No 6* unlock for more base stats and some eff resist. Running him with ML Haste, Arby, Roanna and just easily beating the monster bruiser comps. SSBs, Ruels, Maids, Arby, ML Cec etc.

    Shadowfire
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Hmm, was it dumb to spend 900 gems on getting Yuna's skin from the event league thing? Do those hit the skin store later?

Sign In or Register to comment.