As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I tossed on the decrease cdmg artifact to make her more tanky, since i lack justice for all. Charles will still oneshot her on counters, but that seems unavoidable.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Other Gacha review in spoiler if you guys need a break etc:
    Exos Heroes is probably the best gacha ive played on a I want to continue playing since this game. Better than 7DS which has worse power creep and other issues than this game does.
    Better than even Dragalia of which I played hard for a long while.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Exos Heroes is probably the best gacha ive played on a I want to continue playing since this game. Better than 7DS which has worse power creep and other issues than this game does.

I tried Exos but... it seemed just ok? The translation was just ok, and I didn't love the character designs. It's a very pretty game graphically, but the designs themselves are weird.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I tried Exos but... it seemed just ok? The translation was just ok, and I didn't love the character designs. It's a very pretty game graphically, but the designs themselves are weird.

That is fair. I am enjoying the systems and the story seems at least decent for a jrpg-type. The character design might not be for all but I find it to be great. And it was rock solid yesterday during release day. And it seems very f2p friendly. Of the summoner war/e7/calibria etc line of type pve with pvp style games I am enjoying it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Everything I've read about Exos screams how very not F2P friendly it is. When one line in a review is "you can lose money faster than with FGO" that is a colossal warning flag. I play FGO but I'm not even gonna try to excuse how bad its gacha this is supposed to be worse.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    There is a buy in thing up for guaranteed max hero but so far the amount of summons ive had are well above average and considering I dont care about being top level pvp I have plenty of people to work on. Dunno the general sentiment ive seen around is it is really good on the f2p front and maintains is quality throughout. I mean a gacha is gonna gacha in some level. For reference ive aquired 9 11 pulls past the selective so far on day 2. And almost on my 10th. 3 reliccores with 1 op one.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    So the most recent update totally bricked bluestacks. Before it was running flawlessly for me.

Any advice on other emulators to use? I've heard Nox and LDPlayer. Is LDPlayer reputable? I've used Nox in the past and it felt sluggish.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    I use Nox when at home, but it kinda runs like garbage even with multiple cores and lots of ram allocated. It works but it’s not great.

• Options
    Yeah I had problems with bluestacks right after the update but now its loading every time so dunno.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Bluestacks ok mostly, sometimes it cranks 100% CPU via system interrupts on startup.

I was happy to get my leifs back to 190ish, working towards 200... and now it's a double rune / mas weekend. Sigh. I have awakened so many heroes today and plowed runes into specialty changes. The new Attk armor was spread out over a few characters and took Merc Helga up over 103k with swapping a couple pieces. Notably, across 2-3 pieces I think I saw 2 increases in health and the rest plowed into DPS stats, which was freaking fantastic.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I wish you could convert Rune's the other way. Sometimes the grinding luck flips and I just get way too many T3 runes. Trying to get the 500 fire runes I'll need for SC Ras.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Running bluestacks in administrator mode seems to have fixed my problem. Hopefully it stays fixed!

• Options
    It's finally here, gold buff and material drop buff for hunts. Time to auto and use every bit of energy and leifs I've been stashing away so I can at least try to have money for once

• Options
    Hah, I finally got normal Sez from the daily covenant. Now to shelve him as a trophy and never use him.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I mean he is useable still. YDCB uses him to destroy in GW. Saw a elphet safely destroy and d Corvus today too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, it’s more that I have a whole lot of leveled and geared ice units already. I could have used him when I started. Now, not so much.

Ard on
  • Options
    Nice, managed to finally get through abyss 94 today, mostly on the back of my newly geared Charlotte. Having a constant source of cleave made it pretty smooth, and she is pretty tanky in pve even with rather offensive stats. 95 and 96 went down in swift order after, much easier gimmicks to handle than 94.

Tomorrow I'll poke 97/98 so I can make my c.zerato into a lifestealing monster with the best rolled pieces of the set.

• Options
    I think I overestimated how fast/reliable my W11 team is, turns out 50/50 can swing wildly at random because it's literally coin flips in addition to 15% eff res for all bosses to make Furious miss his def breaks. Been autoing all day and have a little over 2M gold to show for it with most of my leifs still untouched. But hey, at least I can kinda auto W11 so that's not bad at all! Guess I'll have to tune the team a bit better, so I'll be building Mistychain to replace Dizzy instead of rolling for Sigret, since it requires no mola investment and just a ton of autoing whatever World area gives me the right catalysts, probably Chapter 8. Really need a Song of Stars arti for Furious too, I'll buy that next if it shows up in the shop instead of Amaryllis.

Since I decided not to roll for Sigret though, the free pulls got me within a gold stone worth of another galaxy bookmark set. So I rolled up the remainder of the mileage, pulling out a goddamn KAYRON at the start just because why not, and then rolled the galaxies to net a new 4* Fighter Maya. Can't beat that kind of haul, especially when I had the intention of rolling for Kayron eventually. Dude's a monster for PvP.

• Options
    I think I'm still planning on rolling for Sigret. Watching my W13 team yesterday, the failures were either A) no debuffs and Alexa gets rocked or B) Angie gets unlucky RNG and dies. The 2nd one I might be able to fix once I get Gpurg up. But the first is what it is unless I swap units. Alexa is really nice with that extra attack on crit, so 2x DDJ procs. But her S2 is finnicky. SSB has great debuffs, but my build is really slow, which is limiting how often she can get that S3 up and her S1.

• Options
    So I wanted to roll something for my Bday yesterday but no packs with gBM's in them. So I just said F it and dropped 150 regular summons. Ended up getting 1 ML5, Spez.

Kind of bummed? He seems good, and is way better than pulling a dupe. But given that Lilibet can kind of due most of what he does and has built in oath key now, I'm not sure how worth it is to build him. Also looking at the ML 5 roster, given that almost all dark units are meta and 80% of the light ones are (-ML Baal, SB Ama, and Spez), kind of sucks to get a "meh" one. oh well, at least it's a ML 5* and hopefully they'll have an exchange sooner rather than later.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    He just requires a different comp. That can be a pain to get made up but once made up (strip and stun) he safely removes target after target. You dont have to mola him all that hard as all his enhancements are built in. He is not entirely useless and he does the dmg. Its just most people will just go meta. That said from what I have seen if the target gets stunned, no matter who it is, it dies with him.

Ill ask LadyJubs for her build once she is up.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    So I wanted to roll something for my Bday yesterday but no packs with gBM's in them. So I just said F it and dropped 150 regular summons. Ended up getting 1 ML5, Spez.

Kind of bummed? He seems good, and is way better than pulling a dupe. But given that Lilibet can kind of due most of what he does and has built in oath key now, I'm not sure how worth it is to build him. Also looking at the ML 5 roster, given that almost all dark units are meta and 80% of the light ones are (-ML Baal, SB Ama, and Spez), kind of sucks to get a "meh" one. oh well, at least it's a ML 5* and hopefully they'll have an exchange sooner rather than later.

I use S. Sez all the time in PvP. If you have a stun the target dies, and then you can repeat. He doesn't have the issue Lilibet does where you have to make sure that you can actually kill the unit. Combines well with any AOE stun.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Yeah I was thinking Basar + Abyssal Crown would be a good combo since I lack SBA (or Hurado would work). I'd imagine given his defense pen, you could forgo a defense breaker and lower his Atk/CD a bit for some speed himself. Then maybe throw in a Knight and healer to keep him alive. Or go AssCart and give him MLDB.

It's just one of those level + gear + mola things. Lilibet might not have as much damage but she doesn't need a debuff and now will have built in Oath Key, so 10% more damage EE + Portrait. Thankfully I think Spez can get by with just S3 mola'd.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    There are ways to make him more stable. Like Wanda SC for GWs. Or tanky stunners. Leo works great with him. LadyJubs uses Leo with ML Baal with Abyss Crown.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    S. Ara is the best option with him of course.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Ya, Sez isn't really worth investing in at this point.
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think I'm still planning on rolling for Sigret. Watching my W13 team yesterday, the failures were either A) no debuffs and Alexa gets rocked or B) Angie gets unlucky RNG and dies. The 2nd one I might be able to fix once I get Gpurg up. But the first is what it is unless I swap units. Alexa is really nice with that extra attack on crit, so 2x DDJ procs. But her S2 is finnicky. SSB has great debuffs, but my build is really slow, which is limiting how often she can get that S3 up and her S1.

If your alexa doesn't have 65% effectiveness yet, you could just turn off her abilities and I think she does more damage overall. Once you get effectiveness to 65% I think it is worth leaving her abilities on as more debuffs make for a more stable run.

• Options
    My current Alexa setup: https://imgur.com/gFq9kHz

• Options
    edited June 2020
    So she looks ok. But that speed makes her kind of a mid point. So my 2c: The other gears speed isnt all that great if those are speed boots. So either get some attk boots with some speed to make her a chonker or try to get her speed up for debuffer with dmg. Most of the Alexas you see do work on W13 have well over 2k attack. You could sac some eff, if eff ring, onto suffix to get an attack% ring if that is indeed a eff implicit ring. The Alexa I used was not speed boots. But eff ring as my gear for her didnt have the eff on the gear for her.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I figure once I have Gpurg up, he can "simulate" speed with his CR pushes and I can swap her around for lower speed/higher damage. Luluca has really boosted my W13 rates to around 70-80%, so I'm not really sure I need to change anything. Again Angie dying to RNG is probably the main thing I need to fix. Debuff's not landing is always going to be an issue, thanks 15% res.

Sigret would just be a minor boost since she adds more debuffs lowering RNG for debuffs not on failures. However she may end up doing less damage than Alexa.

• Options
    I'm going to guess GPurg is the "best" tank for Wyvern purely because he doesn't need to actually take a turn but instead just sit there looking pretty as Wyvern smacks him around, pushing the rest of the team forward.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah he is pretty nuts. But others work fine. Like Krau or Crozet are really good. So is a tanky healer like angie. With the EE he gives Tams level CR buff... or more... I think. Mine sometimes lasts into the shield phase, lol, because I made him so tanky. Without a healer.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah I think it depends on your team. GPurg is great for slower DPS that hit harder, but you need to kill it before he dies. So it's sort of a ticking timer haha.

Crozet on the other hand works great with Mistychain if you plan to level her up. If you can get 150% Effect Res and have Noble Oath, once he hits 50% he'll be immune to W13's CR pushback and dispels. Combined with MC's heals he's basically invulnerable and you just have the make sure to keep debuffs up. Even with that team the poster still only had an 80-90% success rate thanks to the RNG of debuffs.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    The nice thing about him is that you just need hp and def. A decent def arti, and if you want what eff resist you can throw on him. You dont want speed on him. Or need any attack or eff unless you plan on using him in pvp. If you get him just right he will die just before the first shield and so if your dps is up to par you should either have it dead or just nearly dead so you can lose a dps and still kill it after you bust the shield. He helps speed runs up which is nice too.

A wealth of updates:

Arena season done on the 14-15th depending on server and time zone so spend your currency or try to farm out those last items in the shop.

Vildred is joining Sigret tomorrow. Sigret side story and another warrior debuff artifact. 75% chance max for sigret debuffs. attk down, bleed, hit down or burn on basic attack. So rng risk reward on getting an extra debuff for her to 3 on. Just 1 turn though. Vildred banner will be with windrider.

New collab teased.

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/5463691

People already have it figured out.
    Kizuna AI going hard on getting it to spread in Japan more. I don't know her at all but hey they may make her strong as new collab and such.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I don't know what Kizuna Ai is. I'll wait and see what the limited units are like though, just in case one of them is utterly busted.

Anyway, the log-in bonus ticket gave me Tenebria for an imprint so my PvP forces only continue to become more and more potentially hilarious if I ever choose to build/gear them despite hating PvP.

• Options
    Oh I forgot the link to the update:

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/5462294

They are bringing back the puzzle thing for the side event. Has good bonuses. This time rather than side event currency it uses daily type unlocks. Where you have to hunts, altars and stuff to unlock the pieces.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I don't know what Kizuna Ai is. I'll wait and see what the limited units are like though, just in case one of them is utterly busted.

Anyway, the log-in bonus ticket gave me Tenebria for an imprint so my PvP forces only continue to become more and more potentially hilarious if I ever choose to build/gear them despite hating PvP.

I'm hoping she's in the Elphelt mold, strong enough in PvE or PvP but not meta. I really don't want to pull her. I get they want more Japan support, but I'm hoping for not another Roana with terrible character art but is niche and only she can do some mechanic.

• Options
    I dunno I see Elphet being used much much more recently. Especially in GW. Because she is as safe removal of Charles and ML Ken as you can get.

• Options
    Sure, I'm not saying she's bad. I'm saying that if they have FCeci on defense, Elphelt is neutralized so she's not meta breaking like Basar who doesn't care. Also while she's safe, you can use Cermia, or LQC or a few other options to deal with Charles or ML Ken.

I'm just hoping this shitty collab for the sake of JP players isn't a unit that is a new SSB or Dizzy. If she's like Elphelt or Luna that's fine by me.

• Options
    Pulling for sigret is tempting, but it would wipe out my saving completely. And we're likely getting a SSB rerun this summer, and she remains a special kind of broken.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I wouldnt say neutralized. You build her slow and hard hitting so her 3 breaks the f ceci shield. It is what most of the big guys do and it works fine. And yeah like everything in this game you can use pure dps. But if they live your person is most likely dead heh. That is all about her being safer. Hell ive even seen Elphet take out a dark corvus built that way.

SSB is great and I still use her all the time. But I don't really have problems with her anymore in pvp. My pavel killed her before and now with iron fan have yet to really find one that lives with his buff.

Jubal77 on