As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Everyone was super selective when reforge mats came out. Nowadays if a piece of gear works for a build you are trying, then reforge away!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'll throw away reforge materials it's Wyvern gear, I've got tons of that one, but way more picky about Conversion gear reforges

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Oops. Just auto'd a real team in Arena instead of the NPC's. And here I was doing so well not actually attacking anyone for a full month, since some people were kind enough to give me free points on my defense. To which I say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elUVA0O93Oo

• Options
    edited October 2020
    On EXP day I capped all my 3* and almost all my 4* heroes while leveling Ken to 50, and accrued a million 2* fodders for the next EXP day. Yesterday I grinded the RGB runes to something like 35-40 Epics and 150-200 Greaters each, and did a span of a lower stage to get ~90 base runes each. Today I'm grinding Wyvern for something like 10 hours I guess? But only Wyvern 9, because my 10's not really stable and I can't do 11 on auto at all. I'll probably swap some gear and grind Golem a bunch too so I can make more HP/Defense subsets.

How often do they do these grind weeks? Is it once a month-ish, like the unequip events?

Rius on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    They usually happen around the special festivals.

• Options
    I'd say they happen about every 1.5 months.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ahaha, Ken's not even buffed yet? That's pretty funny.

I'd like to say that a day of Wyvern 9 grinding has yielded a ton of success, but it's been pretty modest. Lots of things crafted, lots of things broken down or sold, but there've been a few good pieces. Mostly of the level 70 variety; really not getting much 85s at all from W9.

But the team is upgraded enough to auto W10 now, and not that slowly I think, so it's progress. Angelica is not tanky or fast enough to tank W11 for long on Auto, so soon I'll flip these gear sets over to Ken/Lilias/Tamarinne/Baal&Sezan and run Golem a bunch; hopefully W10 there as well if not W11. Flipping the gear around will be costly but I'm still up several million gold, even with the crafting costs, so it's not too bad.

What would a good average clear time look like for a Wyvern auto run?

Edit: no surprise here; that foursome obliterates G11 even on Auto, even all at just level 50. The giant pile of poisons and burns does ~25% of Golem's max HP when his turn starts.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    A few minutes most likely is what to shoot for. I just ran a w13 to time it. No first shield. No extra turn on the nail for chloe. And it was 2:13 from load in to dead wyvern. But they vary depending on rng. The goal is to eventually kill it before shield reliably.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    My W13 runs average about 1:30 to 2:00 depending on how soon a defense break lands. GPurgg as the tank and SSB as the debuffer means Sigret and Alexa are just focused on dishing out maximum damage. Shield only happens when a defense break never lands and everyone dies shortly after, otherwise Wyvern just gets deleted a turn before he hits full charge if not sooner.

• Options
    Heh, ok; my G10 is ~4 minutes and G11 is ~5, and I don't really want the reforge mats from G11 right now, so I'm gonna run G10 for a bit.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Challenger Dominiel!

Here's a question I forgot to ask earlier; do I feed my R Dingo to Blingo? Or my B Dom to C Dom?

Rius on
  • Options
    Yes, but with some caveats.

1. Don't feed all the copies, always keep at least one of the RGB Heroes.
    2. You can use the RGB counterparts of a Moonlight unit as promotion material if they're the same star level. So if you level that CDom up to 40 you can feed the blue one in as well as use it for 5* promotion simultaneously.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    My W13 runs average about 1:30 to 2:00 depending on how soon a defense break lands. GPurgg as the tank and SSB as the debuffer means Sigret and Alexa are just focused on dishing out maximum damage. Shield only happens when a defense break never lands and everyone dies shortly after, otherwise Wyvern just gets deleted a turn before he hits full charge if not sooner.

What are you stats on gpurg and the dps? I tried this and my gpurg got melted instantly and my dps only took wyvern to ~50% before dying. And I'd like to think my Sigret and Luluca are pretty well geared, even if Karin is lacking.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Gen Purrgis is a prime target for second proof. Or sepulcrum. Valor g purrgis is amazing in pvp offense though. It’s just about making it to and killing right after or before shield. I would probably say lulu in that group isn’t the best if you are autoing. The dead turn. Alexa would provide much more I feel. Also immunity set on g purr is important as to not get chipped down by trash poisons.

My g purr is 25k hp and 2050 def and still dies before first shield with proof. But you want that anyway.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Gen Purrgis is a prime target for second proof. Or sepulcrum. Valor g purrgis is amazing in pvp offense though. It’s just about making it to and killing right after or before shield. I would probably say lulu in that group isn’t the best if you are autoing. The dead turn. Alexa would provide much more I feel. Also immunity set on g purr is important as to not get chipped down by trash poisons.

My g purr is 25k hp and 2050 def and still dies before first shield with proof. But you want that anyway.

Luluca with skills turned off and 35% chance to repeat S1 EE shreds wyvern. Karin is definately my weak link, but getting some better gear on her might sort it out (her crit imprints makes sure lulu/sigret have 100% crit).

Those stats on gpurg are pretty attainable though, i guess proof makes a huge difference. Mine is pretty squishy due to not really needing that much tankyness in pvp and putting gear on others instead of making him beefy.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Frozenzen wrote: »

What are you stats on gpurg and the dps? I tried this and my gpurg got melted instantly and my dps only took wyvern to ~50% before dying. And I'd like to think my Sigret and Luluca are pretty well geared, even if Karin is lacking.

GPurrg
    XdQcXVUl.jpg

SSB
    lArE9qTl.jpg

Sigret
    Fy1t4hfl.jpg

Alexa
    RqQ2CJ8l.jpg

Nothing is turned off for anyone

Madican on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    When starting out, don't worry about time; unless you only play on your phone. For me, I can just leave my iPad going on auto for as long as I need. But even a 5 minute clear time at 90% success is fine since I'll long run out of energy before time in the day. Once you start heavily farming gear, then you can start to tinker with time. The only time my slower B13 clear time screws me is when these events are going on. But it's easy enough to move to B13 during the week and do W13 for events.

I timed a couple of my runs and landed in the 1 minute 20 second to 2 minute range for W13. My Gpurg has 17K HP and 2K Def and usually isn't the issue. RNG from debuffs usually causes failed runs. I use Sigret, Luluca, SSB, and Gpurg. I've messed with Luluca on and off and don't notice a difference. Her S2 can help in round 1 with given Gpurg a buffer from the mobs.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Challenger Dominiel!

Here's a question I forgot to ask earlier; do I feed my R Dingo to Blingo? Or my B Dom to C Dom?

Congrats on the C. Dom! She's one of the best units in the game. Thanks to her Crit Chance buff and Crit CR pushes, she's one of the easiest units to gear. I use her everywhere.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Luluca with skills turned off and 35% chance to repeat S1 EE shreds wyvern. Karin is definately my weak link, but getting some better gear on her might sort it out (her crit imprints makes sure lulu/sigret have 100% crit).

Those stats on gpurg are pretty attainable though, i guess proof makes a huge difference. Mine is pretty squishy due to not really needing that much tankyness in pvp and putting gear on others instead of making him beefy.

I mean fair lulu turned off is ok. I never was a fan really. When I was building the team Tgaurd ended up with her spot. And Chloe and Sigret. I can get 1:30 runs with it up to 2:30 with occasional shield turns but its high %.

Whatever works for you like I say though!

Also those stats on Gen Purrgis are attainable but not needed. Sometimes he lives through to shield which can cause problems. And I have some pretty GG gear on him to get him that high on defense. He is also only at like C or B imprint so he would be upwards of 26-27k with imprint maxed.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    You can build CDoms two ways. Slow and dmg or speedy for cr manip.

The popular way to build her is the first. Just 50% crit, and as much crit dmg and attack as you can put on her. You use her with a speed lead that can crit easy and she gets bumped with others crit.

There are people who use her as a speed lead for speed teams and it works good. Fast as possible with 50% crit. She will do no dmg but is insurance for your other speed members like ml angie or cidd or vildred to get bumped up against any cutters.

For you though the first build is the best I would say heh.

• Options
    Challenger Dominiel!

Also I think the old school of thought was keep 1 RGB unit for insurance. However for both of them, I'd say imprint if you'd like. B Dom is used in very specific PvP scenario's but not much else. R Dingo is pretty good in PvE but highlights the bigger issue which is, we have a ton of good units and it's really leveling them, mola, and gearing them that takes a while. So if R Dingo isn't going to offer you much given units you already have, go ahead and merge them.

While there is a chance for buffs, they aren't in this latest group, so we're likely 6+ months till another batch. And you're likely to pull more by then.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I keep one RGB still because they do buffs. And EE. And they have made many heroes that were on the middle tier very usable or much better. They already buffed Dingo and I think he is criminally underrated as a very good support.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I don't feel a strong compulsion to merge Dingo into Blingo, but doing the same for Dominiel would unlock the nice party crit chance imprint. That's what is tempting me.

Today I'm working on Ken 50 -> 60 and finishing a bunch of 5* awakening spots with the runes from earlier in the week, plus collecting junk gear to start enhancing the better stuff I farmed yesterday.

• Options
    Doms just needs a little push to be better. Some EE to increase her CR reduce chance or her reflect amount or make her stun chance 100%. Or lowering her CDs by 1 and giving her S3 the burn to ignore eff resist. She is one of those supports just on the cusp of being good with a small buff. She is already ok.

• Options
    Yeah won't knock anyone for keeping 1 copy. I did it, but then every single time those extras just sit in storage. For C Dom, I'd for sure merge in. Her imprint is so nice.

• Options
    Yeah crit imprint is nice but I prefer to not build around needing it. The most I will do is building around her buff.

• Options
    C. Dom's self CR push says her CR increases by 10% "per critical hit." Is that once per skill activation, or does it shoot up 50% if, say, Ken uses S2 and crits, hitting 5 times?

• Options
    Once per skill

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    C. Dom's self CR push says her CR increases by 10% "per critical hit." Is that once per skill activation, or does it shoot up 50% if, say, Ken uses S2 and crits, hitting 5 times?

once per skill, but also once per target. An AOE against 4 things counts as 4 hits.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I don't feel a strong compulsion to merge Dingo into Blingo, but doing the same for Dominiel would unlock the nice party crit chance imprint. That's what is tempting me.

Today I'm working on Ken 50 -> 60 and finishing a bunch of 5* awakening spots with the runes from earlier in the week, plus collecting junk gear to start enhancing the better stuff I farmed yesterday.

I would merge a blue dom into cdom, but it’s really personal preference. Blue dom is hardly used by anyone.

Another note for cdom is to avoid putting mola in her s2. It sounds like it would add a lot of damage, but in testing people have found it to make a negligible difference.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Id say save up and do the S2 later. Not anytime soon of course. But once you start leaving people on slivers it may be prudent to do it. Depending on your turn order it can amount up to 1k or more dmg which can be the difference in completing the one shot or not. That is of course if you use her a lot. If not you can leave her at S1 and some S3 or full S3. S1 is most important. I use her a lot and no qualms out of maxing her damage as much as possible. And these days you can use your friendship 10 on some of it too heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I should bump another 5* to 6* (which would require leveling up and promoting another ~10 fodder to 4*) or if I should bump some 4*s to 5*s. Here is where I'm at;

6* Units: Sigret, Landy, Vildred, A. Mont, Angelica
    5* Units: Pavel, Sez, Ken, FS Tieria, Tamarinne, Kizuna AI, Baal & Sezan, Tenebria, Lilias, Rose, Taranor Guard
    4* Units: C. Dom, Silk, Achates, Blaze Dingo, Khawana, Dingo
    4* Units w/SC: Kluri, Lorina, Roozid, Hazel, Butcher Corp. Inquisitor, Carrot, Helga, Pearlhorizon

I'm trying to prioritize based on goals but I'm also having trouble figuring out what my short term goals are, haha. I have all these on my mind;

Arena (getting to... Gold V? mid-Gold? at least?)
    Auto Tower (stopped at 95 last month, didn't try it again after prepping Angelica)
    W11 Auto (need a healthier, tankier Angelica, hence)
    G11 Auto (pretty much already good to go here)

• Options
    If you are looking to optimize progression, then you gain the most benefit from being able to farm the highest level of wyvern. It’s not flashy or exciting, but that’s where the majority of your energy goes in end game.

• Options
    Id say save up and do the S2 later. Not anytime soon of course. But once you start leaving people on slivers it may be prudent to do it. Depending on your turn order it can amount up to 1k or more dmg which can be the difference in completing the one shot or not. That is of course if you use her a lot. If not you can leave her at S1 and some S3 or full S3. S1 is most important. I use her a lot and no qualms out of maxing her damage as much as possible. And these days you can use your friendship 10 on some of it too heh.

This is true. If you end up using her in more end game content then every bit of damage helps.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Next hits for 6* would be Lilias, Tams, C Doms, Blaze Dingo (if you are building him), Kluri (again if building and grinding out secondary tree), ken, Baal (built well he can wreck face if you like control play), teneb (again if you like control play but she can also cleave ok) and maybe achates. She is pretty under appreciated. She is a beast everywhere in the game. These are in no real particular order.

For PVP you can sit at gold 5 if you like. Just win enough to stay in it, I cant remember when decay starts, and do what you like until you are ready to go up to master. Going up to 4-1 in a tier increases the amount of stones you get at the start of the week but not by a whole lot for the time investment to climb.

To beat tower you may have to use stigma. You get tons so dont feel overly bad if it lets you beat those last 5 floors. 95 is probably harder than floor 100.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Buff block is aces for Floor 95. Golem can't put up the shield if the debuff is on before it hits the trigger and one you're past it won't try again.

• Options
    Buff block is aces for Floor 95. Golem can't put up the shield if the debuff is on before it hits the trigger and one you're past it won't try again.

Yeah but Tams is also right there for Rius. Just save the transform and S1 for shield.

• Options
    I have this potential Arena team in mind;

Blingo (or Rose/KizunaAI) S3 -> Baal & Sezan (or FSTieria) S3 -> Vildred (or C. Dom)

Group or targeted ATK Up, group or single target Def Down (FSTieria having the benefit of no elemental disadvantage), and then group or single target nuke (likewise for C. Dom's lack of elemental disadvantage.) Dunno what the fourth person in such a group would look like.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    That will work well. 4th slot can be a flex to counter a problematic unit on the enemy team. For example, you could bring singelica to counter arby.

Mace1370 on