As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The units I have at +15 so far are:
    Lilias (10)
    Aramintha (8)
    Kawerik (10)
    SSB (10)

I'll have a bunch of other friendship 10 units who will get a skill boost of some kind, it seems. But basically it sounds like we need more information before we can determine for sure what's going on.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    In other stream related news, ML Iseria looks great. But I just watched the video and they did her dirty. 2020 really hitting E7 characters hard too.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yeah heh. They used Arby, who while still is great on offense has many answers to him on defense, as bait to what looks to be a much more modern meta unit. lol. I will take ML Iseria in a heart beat just to laugh while I destroy kayron comps.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Arby is not bait and will never be bait. If anything he's been made even more powerful now because ML Iseria is made to counter the Evasion meta that might give him some trouble when he dies, recovers with Alexa Basket proc, and unleashes the descending blade.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Eh. I have had one arby I think live my lili since I got her. And that was before I max molad her S3 which it is now. These would be champ+ geared ones. We love seeing him on defense because he is more often than not a liability now. I guess we will see her multipliers ML Iseria looks to be one of the stronger heroes they have released in awhile. She has the same base stats as SSB. In her shocase video they put her against a kayron with fat cat and ml cec shields and she still did 15k+ dmg to most of the group. It was burned though. They are really giving us a lot of strip options but she also does unable to be debuffed and attack down which is really nice. With the baked in hit chance she also will not just hit evasion chars more with her debuffs but anyone. And a high def break on her 1. Really strong kit.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Basing a unit's worth on its defense counters is honestly foolish. If anything, a unit that forces a specific pick to counter it just proves how strong it is. Because not everyone has a Lilibeth, Sigret, or Singelica. And even if they do they may not want to use them because the rest of the comp will crush them if they do, especially when a human is actively controlling things instead of AI.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Good thing I said he is still really strong on offense.... you have to counter pick any comp his is easy now. Arby is strong. But he was also used as bait for a new really strong long wanted ml5. Sorry you took offense to that. To be clear when I say bait i mean make the whales buy in and even some of us dolphins. Because I did go hard on arby as I want him for offensive ability. From my general watching though a lot of people went hard on arby and I dont even remember seeing some of the big dogs at the, what is it 7600, mystics needed to pity ml iseria.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    No I just take issue with your definition of bait because it's bullshit. Bait is Haste banner with R&L artifact then next rotation it's in the powder shop. Bait is Ray banner right before sudden SS Bellona and Drink rerun a month earlier than expected. Bait is Mui just before announcement of Summer Yufine. That's bait.

Bait is not an ultra rare unit who has never been on a banner before and had every high rank PvP YouTuber trying to pull him with RTA prebanning him 90% of the time because of how deadly he still is despite being over a year old.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Lol. k. All im saying is ml iseria has been wanted since the beginning of the game pretty much. Putting a highly popular but generally available unit before one of the most wanted mls for so long counts as bait.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    ML Iseria is clearly bait for straze, limited ML5!

• Options
    Oh yeah we still need Straze heh.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I have 6 characters that are +15 and at level 10 friendship (green Vildred from back when I first started the game, SSB, Alencia, Charles, ML Ken, Spec Tene), but I started the game just about a year ago (it was literally when the anniversary event ran last time). Arby will join the list whenever I get enough molas for that to happen. Players who have been playing since launch like have a lot more than I do.

I think the mola system will be a great change. I'm not sure if it will be enough to fix all the problems, but it's a start in the right direction. Hopefully the ability to gain friendship in areas of the game like arena and GW will make the grind less painful. It will be really helpful for characters that are functional or borderline functional on zero/low molas, like ML Haste.

Holiday Yufi and ML Iseria look super dope. Very excited to pull both of them (or try to, at least).

• Options
    In regards to arby on defense, I think we are going to see less of him after this new batch of units comes out because Holiday Yufine will complete counter basar and arby is often paired with basar on defense teams. Basar on defense teams makes him so scary because:

1) If you bring a CR pusher and basar outspeeds you, then you lose.
    2) If you bring a tankier comp, like a standard healer/knight/dps and basar randomly stuns people at the wrong time then you lose.

Now that Holiday Yufine completely prevents basar from doing his thing, it will be very easy to to bring a lots + lilibet or sigret and just remove the damage threat.

I'll be curious how cerise + basar + arby comps fair once Holiday yufine is out. Cerise can be build faster than a lots comps, completely shutting that down. She can also go before basar and damage a holiday yufine (removing her evasion). Will be interesting to see how it plays out in either case.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    We are already seeing him much less after ml haste and lilibet rerun. Think we would see him more a week after people whaled for him. But no replaced with kayrons all over. ML haste just hard counters him so hard.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    We are already seeing him much less after ml haste and lilibet rerun. Think we would see him more a week after people whaled for him. But no replaced with kayrons all over. ML haste just hard counters him so hard.

This is why I don't worry about what's meta that much. Kayron has been around forever and barely anyone used him until a post or two on reddit and all of a sudden he's everywhere.

HYuffine throws meat at enemies and eats spicy food that makes her breathe fire. That's all I care about.

• Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    In regards to arby on defense, I think we are going to see less of him after this new batch of units comes out because Holiday Yufine will complete counter basar and arby is often paired with basar on defense teams. Basar on defense teams makes him so scary because:

2) If you bring a tankier comp, like a standard healer/knight/dps and basar randomly stuns people at the wrong time then you lose.

Now that Holiday Yufine completely prevents basar from doing his thing, it will be very easy to to bring a lots + lilibet or sigret and just remove the damage threat.

I'll be curious how cerise + basar + arby comps fair once Holiday yufine is out. Cerise can be build faster than a lots comps, completely shutting that down. She can also go before basar and damage a holiday yufine (removing her evasion). Will be interesting to see how it plays out in either case.

Depends. While Basar won't be able to push back with Sufine he can still carry Abyssal, strip immunity, and put some debuffs on before anyone else gets a turn, which is basically what lets him soften up teams for a kill. Throw in a Fatcat and now it's a game of chance to even hit him to stop his nonsense. ML Iseria will be able to hit him easier, but if she loses the speed race she can be shut down and made food for Arby/Riolet just like anyone else before she gets a turn.

Fatcat + Arby + Basar + Ruel is basically a nightmare.

• Options
    If you have ml haste you can just go for the out bruiser and just ai scum ruel with that comp. Ive killed several varieties of the 3 set in GWs of that group with ml haste and my super defense ml purrigs and like charles or ml ken. It tends to go my way more often than not. If you have the sustain ruel is easily cheesed.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Madican wrote: »

Depends. While Basar won't be able to push back with Sufine he can still carry Abyssal, strip immunity, and put some debuffs on before anyone else gets a turn, which is basically what lets him soften up teams for a kill. Throw in a Fatcat and now it's a game of chance to even hit him to stop his nonsense. ML Iseria will be able to hit him easier, but if she loses the speed race she can be shut down and made food for Arby/Riolet just like anyone else before she gets a turn.

He can't strip summer yufine, ever, unless someone goes first and lowers her health below 100. If you speed tune her she can cleanse any stuns off your team. Her CR boost then gives every a net gain of +5% CR.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    And then there is always like ML Tywin. As a backup. Im going to focus on my ML Tywin as I think his time is finally here. Like ML Crozet is a sleeper power defender. With Basar most likely dead. Comps are going to be fun for awhile.

And people are saying that ML Iseria is indeed going to be kayron killer etc. Her S2 built in drink procs after the strip.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Speaking of strange comps I ran into a doozy today in GW.

Lifesteal, Chatty, Specter Teneb.

That fight was hilarious. I still won as I didnt try to cleave it I brought the bruisers but she got SUUUUPER tanky.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020

He can't strip summer yufine, ever, unless someone goes first and lowers her health below 100. If you speed tune her she can cleanse any stuns off your team. Her CR boost then gives every a net gain of +5% CR.

He can strip everyone else on the team if they're running immunity. Also while she has +50% evade at full health, if she does not have immunity she can still get knocked on the head by Abyssal because it doesn't care about if the attack landed or not to proc. Only immunity or high effect resist can prevent it. If I were fighting her then after Basar went and took away her evasion after stripping/stunning the rest of the team I'd just blow her up so Basar can do his thing unimpeded.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Unless its RTA there is the type disadvantage too so 50% miss chance too. So even abyssal crown is highly unlikely.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Unless its RTA there is the type disadvantage too.

I know, Basar will always miss against her if she's at full health because 50% evade from passive and 50% from elemental. Doesn't stop Abyssal though, it can hit on a miss, and he'll do some damage to take away that evasion. Part of why having it on Dizzy is so ludicrous.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yeah it does. But who runs your lead like that without immunity which wont get stripped. We are getting like 4 top tier sets of them for free here soon too heh one with 88 speed boots which is going right on my SSY. Relying on a 24% rolled 3 other times seems like it feels bad to try to force using someone who if fails just became utterly useless.... shrug I guess we will see right? They have put in counters before that have gone down to non meta use groups heh. But in meta instances the heroes are propped up by being simple and easy to use. Basar was too simple and easy to use and she just passively at least soft counters almost all of it. So now if he does survive he will most likely be thrown into the niche dizzy comps you see once in awhile heh. And RTA probably. Burned he will still be good in RTA.

It will be interesting to see if she fairs at all ok against basar protected by like a charles heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

He can strip everyone else on the team if they're running immunity. Also while she has +50% evade at full health, if she does not have immunity she can still get knocked on the head by Abyssal because it doesn't care about if the attack landed or not to proc. Only immunity or high effect resist can prevent it. If I were fighting her then after Basar went and took away her evasion after stripping/stunning the rest of the team I'd just blow her up so Basar can do his thing unimpeded.

You’re right she should be run on immunity to prevent the abyssal stun. It doesn’t matter If he strips and stuns the rest of your team, though, because she will cleanse the unbuffable and the stun and then push your team right back up.

She completely wrecks basar. She doesn’t need any ER at all, just immunity (which the vast majority of pvp units run).

If it takes a second unit to deal with her after basar does his thing that’s the very definition of a counter.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Annoyed you can't roll for SSYufine today, but I did get Wanda finally in my covenant summons. I want a Seaside Clarissa now, and Montmorancy seems to agree.

Nosf on
  • Options
    For some reason I thought Yuffine was today, assumed that's why the stream was yesterday. Oh well!

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The rank up pack rewards are free.

I missed that. Go into the shop and get a whole bunch of stuff for free. Just the skystones and the ml summon cost money and its reasonable for both. Edit: Its all the left side rewards that people were whining about were not good enough for a pack.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that rank up pack thing and clicked it - boom, pile of stuff.

• Options
    Multipliers are out for SSY.

S3 1.87 which is a bit higher than regular Yufines S2. Base for S1 is .7 which is not that high either. So looks like they built her with burns budgeted. So she may be built just no crit high attack high survive junkyard dog heh.

• Options
    Yeah I didn't expect her multipliers to be huge, she's already pretty stacked in the abilities department.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't expect her multipliers to be huge, she's already pretty stacked in the abilities department.

Yes she is pretty... stacked....

so the door is this way right?

• Options
    Hiyooooo! After watching the story bits, I started to laugh when she'd pop up in her swimsuit. When are we getting Seaside Montmorancy?

• Options
    Really appreciating the change to guild buffs where you can purchase them in advance so when the first round ends it immediately starts the next without any breaks. No more falling off in the middle of something.

Also the auto battle screen now showing when an Urgent is triggered.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    We should probably update defense towers before next GW. Primary towers are staffed by people with Level 50 units and they're getting clobbered. No sense letting enemy guilds just have that free Havoc boost

Madican on
  • Options
    I'll have a look at them, yeah. My wife hasn't logged in in a couple weeks at least, and I know there are at least a few inactives.

• Options
    New balance patch details are out. Lots of little buffs and some really strong ones too. Standouts for me are Bromann and Batisse.

Bromann is pretty obvious, but Batisse is because his S1 is AoE and he's a Warrior. Take a look at Sufine's artifact coming next week. He just negated the one downside it had and made it a true Abyssal Crown+

• Options
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/5735873

We got ML Leo buffs all!

Rest of the buffs look really fun too!

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I would say all the 5*s stand out too. Melissa can do the dmg and not having to crit to get the extra turn is a huge buff she always gets the debuff up and another turn. wow. Baal and Sezan will be a control god. Araminta can do dmg already and not having to have a burn up to AoE and overal dmg increase makes her really dangerous too.

Oh and ML Leo being able to detonate his own bombs is going to make him fun I think.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ahahaha Aramintha buffs ahahaha fuck the haters ahahaha!