As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Man people need to stop with the Roana is just niche pvp only. She is amazing in pve too. She is great in Mercedes right now. I tried her in the horribleness of Abyss 86 and she was einderful. W11 cheese. Etc

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man people need to stop with the Roana is just niche pvp only. She is amazing in pve too. She is great in Mercedes right now. I tried her in the horribleness of Abyss 86 and she was einderful. W11 cheese. Etc

Everything I'm reading is that folks didn't realize how many PvE bosses have counters or extra attacks which makes her insane.

I ended up having to pity. No artifact either, but I'm seeing most high level RTA and Arena folks running Shimadra's anyways for the extra resist since she's built slow and tanky.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Yeah I ran a few Mercedes with her with both equipped. I can see the eff resist being nice. On the healing front her arti out performed my staff be a good 10-20%.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Took her out with her +10 boots and only 4* unlocked into RTA. She negated the guys Charles and I clawed back into the match after his lili destroyed my Ssb and Basar to have my Alencia and Roana kill the lili and charles DJ basar only to barely die to his Iola Ml Zerato. She is fun heh once I farm out her last two stars she should be a beast.

She seems to fit right in on all hunts.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Wondering if there's any value in a healer centric PvP defense team? Elena, Roana, Diene, plus some bruiser like A. Ravi or S. Tene if I get her. Maybe throw A. Mont in for Diene or Elena.

EDIT: Lilas would be another good candidate.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Wondering if there's any value in a healer centric PvP defense team? Elena, Roana, Diene, plus some bruiser like A. Ravi or S. Tene if I get her. Maybe throw A. Mont in for Diene or Elena.

You could do that. A. Ravi or S. Tene would be good.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    There is also the draw mechanic to guild towers now where you can pull wins out from a draw and win.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Welp, almost went full pity again. Back to being poor.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I run Crozet, SSB, and Angelica on one of my towers, and it tends to just crush people who actually attack me, more than my scary looking first one with ML Ken in it. I don't think most people know what sort of unkillable nonsense they're about to run into with that comp since no one uses Crozet in normal pvp.

edit: actually looking at the battle log, it looks like I very rarely ever even get attacked anymore. It used to be a good trap combo at least.

Ard on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    There is also the draw mechanic to guild towers now where you can pull wins out from a draw and win.

Yeah, tons of annoying bruisery teams are waaaaay easier to handle now. Quite often people have one super stally defense comp, and it doesn't work any more. I got all wins today mainly due to being able to bypass some teams that would have stonewalled me before. Not having to kill well geared ML ken/SSB based bruiser comps is a godsend.

It is however creating a GW meta where the optimal play is to have as few people as possible in play, since the attacker has an immense advantage now which is pretty stupid.

• Options
    After yesterday’s crappy pull fest to pity. Today was a lot kinder. Got Charles #2 from my daily and using the BM’s from the event shop, ended up with another Roana (was pulling for her artifact).

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Her imprint is probably really nice to ego.

She is now solo healing all of my hunt 11s. I know there is the whole hey lots of teams can do that but she is a single point of entry to single heal and make it near trivial to farm hunt 11s. All of them. I was able to auto a11 with her subbed in instead of my tams and that was pretty rough before.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

She is now solo healing all of my hunt 11s. I know there is the whole hey lots of teams can do that but she is a single point of entry to single heal and make it near trivial to farm hunt 11s. All of them. I was able to auto a11 with her subbed in instead of my tams and that was pretty rough before.

What kind of gear do you have on her? And fully molad, or just basic abilities?

• Options
    Do you have her artifact on here? I tried W11 but it was a little too close for comfort. I have the xp bonus on her right now.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Been plowing my knick knacks into summons hoping for the artifact, no such luck. I did get a pile of scrubs that let me xmit 4 or so SSS heroes. Roana is 51 now, w/ XP artifact. Grabbed Shimadra at least, she's solo healing all my levelling and spirit altar stuff as I work on getting her awakened.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

What kind of gear do you have on her? And fully molad, or just basic abilities?

From the sounds of things, getting her to 0/+4/+1 is about all you really need, with S2 being kind of optional.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I have +13 I think for mola. But that was after she destroyed w and g 11s. I don't have her in those boots I made but the full free 75 set with the only +15s being the ring and amulet. I have her arti on her that is +18 as I forgot I had the dust limit breaker still.

Nothing fancy just slow max hp and def. I'd say don't skimp on the barrier strength though. It is noticable once you get high hp.

There is a video of her and ken killing g11 lol.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

Keep in mind that she was designed in a world where they’re working only 12s and 13s. I wouldn’t expect her to remain a universal healer for long.

• Options
    I have +13 I think for mola. But that was after she destroyed w and g 11s. I don't have her in those boots I made but the full free 75 set with the only +15s being the ring and amulet. I have her arti on her that is +18 as I forgot I had the dust limit breaker still.

Nothing fancy just slow max hp and def. I'd say don't skimp on the barrier strength though. It is noticable once you get high hp.

I have her at +12 right now, maxed S2/S3. I might shoot for the final 10% barrier at some point on S1. I have her in the free HP gear we got which worked pretty well for 4 pieces. The weapon and boots rolled into CC a lot (of course on stuff I don't need it on). I have a better weapon but will have to work on boots. She's around 20K HP and 1.5K Def with 80% effect res. Debating on if I should stay HP sets for those 2 or swap for immunity or effect res sets.

I used 1800 more skystones to try for her artifact but no dice. I guess I'm using Shimadra's. I need to start saving up again since there are rumors of another collab coming and Straze probably isn't too far off (unless he's an ML).

• Options

I have her at +12 right now, maxed S2/S3. I might shoot for the final 10% barrier at some point on S1. I have her in the free HP gear we got which worked pretty well for 4 pieces. The weapon and boots rolled into CC a lot (of course on stuff I don't need it on). I have a better weapon but will have to work on boots. She's around 20K HP and 1.5K Def with 80% effect res. Debating on if I should stay HP sets for those 2 or swap for immunity or effect res sets.

I used 1800 more skystones to try for her artifact but no dice. I guess I'm using Shimadra's. I need to start saving up again since there are rumors of another collab coming and Straze probably isn't too far off (unless he's an ML).

I needed a couple pieces of the gear we got for Tams. Roana is great and all but Tams is still the OG healer.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Ard wrote: »

Keep in mind that she was designed in a world where they’re working only 12s and 13s. I wouldn’t expect her to remain a universal healer for long.

Oh for sure. I imagine have to add second healer like you have to do on the hard content. But I imagine she will stay relevant.

On the tams comparison I know the 50% and dual attack is tops but I would argue she is on par as a pve healer where she gets enabled. /shrug. My Tams is in comparable gear and was struggling to heal B11 and A11 and roana being enabled just stepped in and nullified the dmg.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Tam's is just more consistent for PvE. If you know the boss is going to counter or activate Roana's S2, then she'll shine, but otherwise she's dead weight. I was using her for Part 9 of the story and she was pretty much not doing anything. For PvP, it's just a toss up. PvP is always about matchups. I throw Champ Z in for heavy debuff groups but for bruiser or cleave groups, I leave him on the bench. Roana is kicking ass right now as most folks still have similar defensive comps (SSB, Charles, ML Ken, etc). Once folks start changing that up, I'm sure I'll just be moving her in and out of the lineup.

• Options

Oh for sure. I imagine have to add second healer like you have to do on the hard content. But I imagine she will stay relevant.

On the tams comparison I know the 50% and dual attack is tops but I would argue she is on par as a pve healer where she gets enabled. /shrug. My Tams is in comparable gear and was struggling to heal B11 and A11 and roana being enabled just stepped in and nullified the dmg.

Tama is CR + atk buff. If she was able to also be queen healer, you would never want anyone else.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Tama is CR + atk buff. If she was able to also be queen healer, you would never want anyone else.

Also cleanse is a nice bonus. And if you soul burn her heal is pretty spectacular.

• Options
    Ugh, spent an incredibly dead day at work trying to take down hell queen and constantly fall short. I simply can't keep up buff removal while also killing adds fast enough once p2 hits.

My biggest issue is that the quuen and her adds have a ton of effectiveness and stun/push back cds on my montmo constantly. But she also seems to have a higher eff res than listed, since she basically always resists my 120 effectiveness basars buff removal unless i SB to ignore eff res.

• Options
    Ugh, spent an incredibly dead day at work trying to take down hell queen and constantly fall short. I simply can't keep up buff removal while also killing adds fast enough once p2 hits.

My biggest issue is that the quuen and her adds have a ton of effectiveness and stun/push back cds on my montmo constantly. But she also seems to have a higher eff res than listed, since she basically always resists my 120 effectiveness basars buff removal unless i SB to ignore eff res.

she has 70% eff res? 100% eff res? Your bassar only has a 50% or 20% chance of succeeding.

My recommendation is to kill the adds before you attack her in phase 1 so it's just her + 2 bees in phase 2. Who're your dps?

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Tam's is just more consistent for PvE. If you know the boss is going to counter or activate Roana's S2, then she'll shine, but otherwise she's dead weight. I was using her for Part 9 of the story and she was pretty much not doing anything. For PvP, it's just a toss up. PvP is always about matchups. I throw Champ Z in for heavy debuff groups but for bruiser or cleave groups, I leave him on the bench. Roana is kicking ass right now as most folks still have similar defensive comps (SSB, Charles, ML Ken, etc). Once folks start changing that up, I'm sure I'll just be moving her in and out of the lineup.

Oh I know that is why I said where she is enabled.

She doesnt give dmg buffs no but the amount of dmg she negates that I have experienced outstrips tams other bonuses. Dunno I love tams but when enabled I would say she easily matches her. There will be comps that one shot or the like etc but when she works there are really no comparisons that I have. Like I ignore the poisons on A11 with her just have to make sure strip the boss and easymode.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

she has 70% eff res? 100% eff res? Your bassar only has a 50% or 20% chance of succeeding.

My recommendation is to kill the adds before you attack her in phase 1 so it's just her + 2 bees in phase 2. Who're your dps?

Huh, I've completely misunderstood effectiveness vs eff res then. I thought once you had as much eff as res you would get base affliction rates. That makes more sense though. She has 70%, so that means I only have 50% chance of hitting something that needs to hit every time. (for some reason I have way higher chance to land debuffs on her, it's just that removing her buffs fails most of the time).

I'm killing the arrakhans first, my issue is just falling behind once she starts doing the aoe combined with her followup aoe on regular attacks. It's probably also her stacking buffs from turns passing meaning more damage, and her general mechanic of being stronger the lower %health you have. And the fact that she always ends up proccing +turn on my montmo several times in a row later in the fight for some reason.

My current best attempt was using A.montmo, G.Aither, F.kluri and Aramintha. This comp had the issue of occasionally going over 3 debuffs and proccing extra turns, so I went for BBK instead of Aramintha after this. But all my BBK attempts had horrible rng with stuns, and not having aramintha stun the arrakhans was also an issue. I've also tried Basar instead of Kluri, but Kluris passive CR push makes her faster in practice, even with 30 less speed. And unbuffable is a terrible buff to land on queen since it takes a valuable debuff slot while doing nothing.

• Options

Huh, I've completely misunderstood effectiveness vs eff res then. I thought once you had as much eff as res you would get base affliction rates. That makes more sense though. She has 70%, so that means I only have 50% chance of hitting something that needs to hit every time. (for some reason I have way higher chance to land debuffs on her, it's just that removing her buffs fails most of the time).

I'm killing the arrakhans first, my issue is just falling behind once she starts doing the aoe combined with her followup aoe on regular attacks. It's probably also her stacking buffs from turns passing meaning more damage, and her general mechanic of being stronger the lower %health you have. And the fact that she always ends up proccing +turn on my montmo several times in a row later in the fight for some reason.

My current best attempt was using A.montmo, G.Aither, F.kluri and Aramintha. This comp had the issue of occasionally going over 3 debuffs and proccing extra turns, so I went for BBK instead of Aramintha after this. But all my BBK attempts had horrible rng with stuns, and not having aramintha stun the arrakhans was also an issue. I've also tried Basar instead of Kluri, but Kluris passive CR push makes her faster in practice, even with 30 less speed. And unbuffable is a terrible buff to land on queen since it takes a valuable debuff slot while doing nothing.

How fast is your montmo? If she's not keeping the team clean, you've got problems. She should also be able to keep immunity up on your tank to help mitigate the stuns a bit.

• Options

How fast is your montmo? If she's not keeping the team clean, you've got problems. She should also be able to keep immunity up on your tank to help mitigate the stuns a bit.

My montmo needs some upgrades badly, just has 170 or so speed, but the main issue is when she gets stunned or has cooldown increased 2-3 turns in a row.

But i killed queen now, all I needed was doubling down on debuff removal and running Sol in my dps slot. It also turns out unbuffable works on the boss, I was just pushing it off before.

Sol removing boss buffs and kluri defense breaking/provoking adds combined with some luck on resists early took it home. (my first attempt ended with montmo stunned on first attack from add, and never getting to act).

• Options
    Finally figured I should get back to Abyss. Beat 62 finally and ended up going through 66. Used the bookmarks on the banner and in 10 pulls got the artifact, another Roana, and a bonus Alexa's Basket. Neat!

• Options
    lol ran out of tokens for now and at 3999 in pvp heh. Go up to challenger later heh.

• Options
    Woo, hell raid cleared! Vera was daunting at first because i misread her damage reduction vs cleave as applying to all mobs, not just her. Once I realised the adds could be cleaved it was just a matter of piling on dps and ignoring mechanics.

• Options
    That's awesome! One of these days I'll have to try the hell raid. I'm sure I have all the pieces for it, just have to buckle down and do it.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That's awesome! One of these days I'll have to try the hell raid. I'm sure I have all the pieces for it, just have to buckle down and do it.

Yeah, having 8 hours a day at work where I currently have a fair amount of free time helped a lot with figuring out what worked for me.

The rewards are well worth it, got a few pieces of 88 gear with pretty good potential.

• Options
    Which Hell raid boss would you try first? Vera seems the easiest on normal.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Vera is rough. The two easiest are Ara and karkanis they are about even I would say on difficulty. Karkanis may be a little harder. There is a mob on the way to the council that is rougher than the boss.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Which Hell raid boss would you try first? Vera seems the easiest on normal.

Really depends on what characters you have geared. Juleeve is easy if you have good debuffless dps, as well as someone who can remove all debuffs at a reasonable cd (hell juleeve spams too much poison to remove in any other way, and purges immunity constantly). Vera is easy is you have tons of cleave dps, if you can kill adds fast she is basically the same as normal. Queen is roughest imo, I just ended up having a pretty good comp geared for her.

Arakan and Karkanis are both easier than the other mechanicswise. Both are similar to their normal counterparts but with bigger numbers, the newer hell raid encounters all have new mechanics.

• Options
    I run Tam/Iseria/C. Dom/Cermia. C. Dom works for debuff-less but is ST which hurts me with Juleeve when they split up. I can throw J. Kise in for cleave DPS if I need AoE for Vera.

I'll give Arakan and Karkanis a go first. Arakan should be ok with my current group, it's all about killing those add's and then smacking him. Karkanis, I might throw in an AoE DPS unit to help with his stealth. It's easy enough to ignore on normal but I'd assume it'll be annoying in Hell.

• Options
    Arahakan is the easiest by far and has almost no randomness. Depending on how far you are into abyss, you may have even beaten an even harder version of this fight already. Karkanis has some very bad rng streaks in the last phase that can wipe you pretty easily if you're not lucky or can't close to one shot his last third of his life or so.