As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
edited February 2022 in Games and Technology
Hallo! Welcome to Epic 7!

Epic 7 is a JRPG style gacha game Smilegate. The game is a side scrolling turn based RPG that has a rather long evolving story line. The game has a hand drawn animated style that some may argue is second to none still. Below is an example of a recent character of which I think has beautiful animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGrY5a6mj5o

The game starts with you taking control of the Heir of the Covenant who wakes after a long slumber after missing the world war of which was his job to stop. In his absence though the world banded together to banish the threat and save the world from its recurring destruction cycle at the hands of the Arch Demon. The story is rather complex. I find it to be a wonderful story and so I think limiting the spoilers is needed.

They constantly add new features and content but you will find all your normal gacha trappings here:
  • Story mode with regular updates
  • Side events every couple weeks or so
  • PVP - Real Time is still beta but there is also the traditional fight other people's teams in an offline manner
  • Dungeons
  • Boss Attacks
  • Decent summon rates - there is a pity system in the game for new banners and the rates are on par with the other big name gachas.
  • etc.

Each of these generate rewards or currency and some are quite liberal with the amounts. One of the things that keep many of us in the game, other than the beautiful animations and story, is the fact that this company tends to be very liberal with rewards. The game has a starter plan to follow that gives great gear. Overall I think the tutorial series for the game is above average for the genre.

dotd0bwz6w9m.png

Cons:

One of the greatest points of contention for the longevity of the game is the gearing system. This game does not, necessarily, vertically tier its gearing system in the same way as other gachas. Once you start grinding the end game gear any good gear you get will stay relevant for the foreseeable future. The game will allow you to generate summons on par with other generous gachas as they want you to have the heroes as the real grind is the gear.

Other factors that have been stated as negatives are mainly gold cost and energy generation. Both are finite as they are directly tied to you generating gear for farming as is the nature of the genre. They have been steadily increasing the rewards for energy that you can get with dailies and the like over the last months so I dont think its as bad as it was. And being low on gold, the traditional combine currency, can be common place in the genre as well.

The only real thing left to state would be how free to play friendly is this game? Most would say very. The game offers new players 20 free 10 pulls (you only get to keep one) after clearing Chapter 1 in which to pick from a selection of original release time frame characters. Many of these characters are still very viable even to this day. There are still very strong 4* units that are competitive in this game as well.

There is a wealth of information present for this game in terms of gearing, who to pull for, etc. And those of us that stay active can help out too!

There is a PA guild as well just feel free to ask about it. There are limited spots but being a gacha there tend to be inactives.

Friends List: (If you want to be removed from list just let me know)

Guild Leader: Ardahl -> Ard

Tcheldor - Tchelle
Frosteey - Elaize
El Fantastico - ArcadeBear
Ilpala - ilpala
Nosf- Faeonia
Romantic Undead - Romundus
Elldren - Elldren
Frozenzen - Frozenzen
Madican - Madican
Wazilla - Wazilla
Maddoc - Laitarne
cptrugged -> Rahne
jubal77 -> me
Bradcopter -> shadowfire
Zaylenz -> Zaylenz

Jubal77 on

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    New abyss stuff has been real fun. Decided to spend a lief on 2 more tickets so I did 94 and 95. Gonna see what 96 looks like tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the reigns Jub.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    NP Tcheldor. I havent tried them yet. I was watching a stream of someone trying 100 and it looked pretty rough heh.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Someone just posted getting 51% attack on their 88 life steal sword, dang.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You can add me to the list, Bradcopter.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    If you see SC Helga with ML Achates hope you have some buff strip cause you aint killing that SC Helga if Achates gets off her immortality on her.

edited March 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHSngKdz9sw

Its quite funny actually. Its easily beatable but only against comps were you can strip it off. Yeah free wins. SC Helga will most likeley get the ban hammer soon.

Jubal77 on
    I'd imagine you'd still need some decent gear for her and some good speed gear for SS Achates since she's soooo slow.

Feels like SC Helga's S2 will probably get some balancing done on it lol.

I just love that its done with a 3* arti with a SC heh. Someone in the comments says regular Doms reflect works too.

edited March 2020
    After spending like 10 million on gearing and enhancing gear I have my ML ken in a decent spot. At level 50 as im still walking the dogs for him. 17k hp, 2k attk and 230% crit dmg.

Jubal77 on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    You can add me to the list too. I'm also Zaylenz in the game.

• ArdArd Registered User regular
    Probably should add me as Ardahl since I’m running the guild for now.

I need to put a sticky up that says don't challenge anyone in arena on day 1. Even teams with super easy looking comps, I just got smoked by. Charles with counter and massive damage, A. lots that must of had 240+ speed.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Just had the oddest thing happen. Logged in and all of my defense and team settings were gone. As were all of my heroes but somehow had Lilibeth, Sigret, and SSB.

Closed the app and re-opened and got my roster back, but all of my team settings are gone. Very very weird.

That does seem strange.

Also in case you were wondering. Kayrons adds can be restricted in the EE fight. It helps make the fight pretty cake.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Swapped Luna for Karin (who is only 50) and can pretty reliably auto W11 now. Guess I should advance her to 60, wish my Angie was a little less squishy though.

Had 300 or so liefs so been scarfing them down to clear the event boards. I have leveled so many units and dogs.

• ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    So I just got really lucky with my pulls tonight. Got 50 summoning tickets for 950 Skystones hoping to get Cerise, since I wasn't going to be able to get enough tickets to try again. Not only did I manage to pull Cerise, but I got Charlotte as well. I'm pretty happy after a bad string of luck summoning.

edited March 2020
    Final stats for now on ML Ken at 60 is 21k hp, 2.6k attk and 230% crit dmg. Eated face in first GW.

Jubal77 on
    Wow, double 5*, daily free pull was Kayron #2 and daily artifact was TamTam #2.

Figured i’d see if the luck held and tried 350 mystics, nope did not transfer lol.

Abyss 100 done :)

Who are you using your set on? heh.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I got the ML Suyin the other day. Never did get Cerise, came within 40 of pitying it.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    Who are you using your set on? heh.

i have to max it all out first. For now its pieces are sitting on other people.

Reminder: chocolate event ends tonight and they almost always end early. Make your chocolates now.

Kawerik is live, and after three (!) pulls, he's mine.

Daily came down Sez #2, geez. While I appreciate the super 5* luck I'm getting, how about a Kawerik lol.

My streak of artifacts is continuing, getting both Lilias and Melissa’s artifacts before finally getting Kawerik! Took all my BM’s and one store purchase, so definitely better than the last couple pity’s.

Welp blew all my remaining bookmarks and skystones and only got about halfway to pity and no Kawerik. At least he’s not limited.

edited March 2020
    Yeah I got really lucky, only had 150 BM's I could have gotten with skystones so, no way to pity him.

Some fun updates coming in the next couple months: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/4911301

1) Hall of Trials Improvement - Adding ranks, additional score options (like world boss), limited artifact store (Iela Violin, finally!!!), and a new ice boss. They'll also be re-balancing the bosses.

2) Hell Raid - They mentioned this already, but all the rest of the bosses will be available. They are adding more portals it seems. They are increasing loot to help folks use different combo's of characters and not just morale focused groups (not sure if this will really help that).

3) Lots of UI/UX improvements

4) Hunts - New 12/13 hunts coming that will drop ingredients you can use to re-forge 85 gear to 90. Re-balancing Banshee to only summon minions once (much needed) and Golem only doing defense break once per 2 turns.

EDIT: Also Charlotte recall and a fix for Kawerik AI to use S2 first.

Trajan45 on
    Welp, pretty sure the game isn't doing so great now. We've gotten almost no guild applications in a few days since I booted two inactives. I used to be able to fill slots in less than a day. This is probably a bad sign.

Could be a reflection on the GW exploit. Seems like a lot of higher end guilds basically fell apart because nobody wanted to fight un-winnable battles.

But it could be a reflection in player base as well. PvE has been pretty lacking. This latest update shows they seem to know they need to beef it up a bunch.

The story and side stories are amazing, it's worth supporting the game just for them. But they can be done pretty quickly and then you don't have much other than grinding.

Yeah 7DS just came out and while its good it has the same problems inherent in the genre. Stamina costs in it are much higher than this game for one which means you need to spend your gems to get a flow of potions etc heh. Im enjoying it though but now that im done with the story there isnt much of an end game.

7ds?

edited March 2020
    Yeah Seven Deadly Sins. I made a thread for it but no one seemed interested heh. Been grinding that game since it came out cause it fits my playstyle likes more. And yeah netmarble shows its head in it.

Jubal77 on
    Yeah Seven Deadly Sins. I made a thread for it but no one seemed interested heh. Been grinding that game since it came out cause it fits my playstyle likes more. And yeah netmarble shows its head in it.

oh so it's pay to win and has decent production values?

edited March 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »

oh so it's pay to win and has decent production values?

I havent spent a dime and i have all the heroes i want right now and have a surprlus of gems for next banner. Although I did get lucky with the current Merlin banner. The game is worth a look it allows for p2w but those people are pushed into a different pvp queue so you can grind f2p and still get rewards heh. The actual gameplay is fantastic though in terms of smoothness and graphics.

Jubal77 on

I've got Merlin (at UR now), Meliodas, and Gowther. That was enough for me to just enjoy the game.

Sorry about missing the guild wars sign up folks. I had food poisoning yesterday and had thought our team line up was still valid from Friday.

As far as I saw it was Saturday as well. No idea.

Honestly our roster didn’t change any. I can only assume someone did something that made their guild war team invalid.