As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Karkanis really needs good debuff removal and aoe to break stealth. His ult hits the entire party for a loooot of damage on hell, you need some kind of mitigation like an Aurius or such to deal with it.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Karkanis really needs good debuff removal and aoe to break stealth. His ult hits the entire party for a loooot of damage on hell, you need some kind of mitigation like an Aurius or such to deal with it.

I was thinking Tam, Lilias, J. Kise, and Iseria. Trying to think of other AoE water or ML units. Maybe SSB?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I was thinking Tam, Lilias, J. Kise, and Iseria. Trying to think of other AoE water or ML units. Maybe SSB?

Karkanis is fire based, isseria would be a bad choice.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yeah forgot about that. Luluca would work. Does Champ Z’s S1 hit units in stealth?

• Options

Yeah forgot about that. Luluca would work. Does Champ Z’s S1 hit units in stealth?

Might.

Only issue w/the THE CHAMP is that the adds that give you status ailments aren't hitting you to force them out, so THE CHAMP has to then hit karkas while debuffed to transfer, which isn't great because hitting him while your debuffed causes the counter attack.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Roana /SSB team vs. Roana / SSB team is a laugh and a half. I couldn't resist when I saw a Roana / SSB in the team list.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Might.

Only issue w/the THE CHAMP is that the adds that give you status ailments aren't hitting you to force them out, so THE CHAMP has to then hit karkas while debuffed to transfer, which isn't great because hitting him while your debuffed causes the counter attack.

Also don’t be tempted by Lilias. Even though the cleanse is supposed to come first it seems bugged so it will trigger boss attk buff if she uses 3 debuffed.

• Options

Might.

So the trick with Karkas is to not be debuffed when attacking him? Does immunity work or does he wipe it? Otherwise Angie might tag along.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Man you have to wait so long to draw a tower lol. I got my first win using the mechanic and I have to say I don't mind it at all. Because you can still force it with cancer defense comps. ML Crozet. Montmo and Purrgis with that pvp arti on for decreased dmg. It was straight up ultra tanky cancer and im glad I could beat it by waiting it out.

I tried to kill it. And probably could have but just drew it with roana nullifying the dmg of the group easy.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Might.

So the trick with Karkas is to not be debuffed when attacking him? Does immunity work or does he wipe it? Otherwise Angie might tag along.

The adds strip and debuff so you just want ultra cleanse.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

Might.

If you are debuffed you have a 50% chance to miss him and them he gets cleansed and counter attacks which applies def down.

His adds dispel buffs when they attack you. He does not.

• Options
    What team comps do you folks use? Elena's my main cleanser right now. So maybe her, SSB, Tam, and Luluca? Or C. Dom for more damage. Cermia might work as I have a really low Eff on her, but there's always the chance she hits with a debuff.

• Options
    You have to be careful with him. Like I dont bring tams because of his stupid mechanics and when he enrages if you give him too many buffs he will just start picking off your group. So Lidica, Luna, Montmo and was bringing ML Dingo or reg Dingo but same problem with regular and his auto doing 2. But he cleanses so much.

• Options
    What team comps do you folks use? Elena's my main cleanser right now. So maybe her, SSB, Tam, and Luluca? Or C. Dom for more damage. Cermia might work as I have a really low Eff on her, but there's always the chance she hits with a debuff.

I usually do Ravi/Lulu/Dizzy/Tama.

This comp very relies on a 50% rng basically though as Dizzy's S3 counts as a miss and she's AOE so she can't not hit him.

If I was going to be just safer, I'd run Angie/Tama/Lulu/XXX. Have angie tank and use her S3 before the adds use their ult.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    My karkanis crew is A. Montmo, B. dingo, Luluca and Blood Blade Karin. Montmo+Dingo with vial and personal eq that removes debuffs on S1 takes care of debuffs, and dingo can save people with invincibility if they get low in the final phase. Everyone can cleave, so someone can always knock him out of stealth. Luluca brings defense break, as well as the shield which is occasionally useful.

• Options
    I'll try the Angie/Tam/Lulu group. My best AoE person is J. Kise, so I can bring her along.

• Options
    Just remember When transformed Tams 1 is a dead ability when debuffed.

• Options
    Here’s my final Roana for now. Her boots could use a swap, still deciding on immunity, hp, or def sets.
    mcquivwaevsr.jpeg

• Options
    Here’s my final Roana for now. Her boots could use a swap, still deciding on immunity, hp, or def sets.
    mcquivwaevsr.jpeg

IMO, I feel like that's way too slow to be useable. You're entirely relying on her S2 procs to heal, and I just feel like that's not enough, but maybe that's just me.

• Options
    mcquivwaevsr.jpeg

IMO, I feel like that's way too slow to be useable. You're entirely relying on her S2 procs to heal, and I just feel like that's not enough, but maybe that's just me.

Yeah after reading reddit, think i might go effect res set with speed boots. Try and get her ER up and speed over 160.

• Options
    Same set for me, 159 speed fortunately. Hoping I can snag another Shimadra and limit break mine.

• Options
    Does guild rank factor into reward? We blasted the guild this week but I only got 17 mystics vs 50?

• Options
    mcquivwaevsr.jpeg

Funny that I complain about effect res, but when I'm looking for it, I can't get it lol. Switching her over to Effect rest set with speed boots, got her around 160 ish speed and with an effect res ring, got up to 120 effect res. However her HP dropped to around 17K.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Does guild rank factor into reward? We blasted the guild this week but I only got 17 mystics vs 50?

The season reset because they wanted to lower the mystic rewards. It's lame.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man you have to wait so long to draw a tower lol. I got my first win using the mechanic and I have to say I don't mind it at all. Because you can still force it with cancer defense comps. ML Crozet. Montmo and Purrgis with that pvp arti on for decreased dmg. It was straight up ultra tanky cancer and im glad I could beat it by waiting it out.

I tried to kill it. And probably could have but just drew it with roana nullifying the dmg of the group easy.

The draw mechanic has essentially ruined high end GvG. Top guilds were already full clearing each other, however with the new change less powerful guilds can now full clear guilds that are actually much stronger than they are. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying hard and building solid teams. They don't matter at all because you just have to beat one and can cheese literally anything for the second fight draw.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

The draw mechanic has essentially ruined high end GvG. Top guilds were already full clearing each other, however with the new change less powerful guilds can now full clear guilds that are actually much stronger than they are. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying hard and building solid teams. They don't matter at all because you just have to beat one and can cheese literally anything for the second fight draw.

I dont entirely agree with the statement that guilds are beating guilds they shouldnt. If you can draw out against the superior speed and attack it means you have at least some on par gear. Like I couldnt have drew out that tower without my Roana and well geared ml zerato and cdoms. It would have run me over. And if I took the time to farm up the souls needed to burn cdoms twice I could have beat it.

I dunno. Ruined is a strong word. Changing it up like they wanted to for a season is definitely fitting. My cancer bruiser defense comps havent drawn loss yet. Just loss or success. Unless it is broken on defensive logs but it isnt on offensive logs. If you outclass the guild so much you are full clearing them anyway.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    You don't have to have amazing gear to create tank teams to totally stall out. This is the assessment from the vast majority of high end GvG players.

Before this change high end GvG guilds were full clearing each other (in other words, offense was already beating defense given equal gear). This change gives offense an even bigger advantage and allows guilds to full clear enemy guilds with this cheese that they wouldn't have been able to earlier.

You pointed it out yourself in an earlier post; you said you weren't able to deal with certain tanky bruiser comps and now you can beat them.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I can beat them not draw them. The one I drew I may been able to beat. /shrug. Kindly point me to this vast majority please as most of the people I watch have just said they cleave clear them any way so its not a big deal.

Edit: I guess we will see how it shakes up. I have yet to see any of the yters and twitch people I watch say they lost the GW to draw mechanics... Most of them just win both still because its faster and they have max dps cleavers.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Many YouTubers aren't because it is boring content (my opinion). I believe Jagan has drawn out a few fights to get a win. Jagan also states it is a negative change.

Vast majority refers to people in my guild as well as people in Veritas. Watching SkyKing's podcast they also have the same sentiments.

When I refer to drawing I mean using a tank team in one fight so you get a win+draw which turns into an overall win and 120 havoc. It's a negative change because it makes offense more powerful.

I'm curious why you think it is a positive change. It sounds like you are in favor of it because it allows you to win fights you otherwise wouldn't have and winning is more fun? If I have misinterpreted your position please let me know.

Edit: Reason I'm asking and discussing this is because you're the first person I've seen who has said this is a positive change. I'm curious if you interpret this change as a positive change for the game as a whole vs your personal enjoyment of it.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It is 100 turns. I am not saying its positive necessarily just that I used it for the first time because cancer defense that probably would have been one of those last forever that you see on streams a lot. For me we dont see it as negative but neutral right now. That would be me and ladyjubs. Ill have to watch the podcast for skyking because I do watch him and havent seen him be negative on it as he is just ultra chill. Was it it his other, more loud, yters that I tend to not agree with? Jagan I stopped watching when he went anti game shill for awhile but I imagine he is better now as I was surprised he went there. I didnt agree with a lot of the months ago sentiment that the game was bad.

For me it just seems the people whining the most are the ones that it applies to the least.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The people I have seen complain about it the most are those in the top guilds who full clear each other. They don't want to get full cleared by guilds that are a tier lower than they are.

Also, just from a theory crafting perspective; what possible defense comps can you run now? Offense can literally ignore one of your teams now and have their tank team take care of the other one. It's like everyone has DC now. That's bad for the game, imo, since it lowers the strategy required to do well.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I am still running my bruiser comps. It will most likely change though. One is Krau with revive and molad s1, SSB and Lilias. The other is ML Cec elbris, ML Ken and champ z a.crown. I have yet to see a draw on it. Just a bunch of successful ds and a few losses. Ladyjubs runs Charles, ML Sez and S Teneb and on the other Cidd, lilias and ML Baal. She likes to mess with people a lot. Like her ML Baal is SUPER tanky. And her cidd is probably one the best geared out of the top 50.

We are not a low end guild. We made top 20% last season and can probably do it again.

Ill watch some more on it to see more of the situation. Because being afraid of being wiped from a guild lower just seems overblown to me. I am sure there are some methods to cheese it with limited towers and the like but in the end it doesnt cost them anything. The same guilds are in the top 10 from what I have seen and I would probably wager they will stay there.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/5123027

Patch Notes are long. Highlights include:
    Includes everything we have seen previewed. ML Angie, RTA reweard season, reforging, story rewatchimg, hunt13s, all hero buffs made it, next banner will be a double with Krau and Kayron reruns.

Also some new packs. A whale mystic pack which you can only buy if you buy out the other packs heh. And a one time 5* ticket you can buy if you clear the main story. and some other ones like liefs etc.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    How often do mystic summon heroes come back around? I refreshed like crazy but couldn't get LQ Charlotte to come home.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I dont think we have had a rerun yet. I cant remember. We might have had one of the popular ones...

I wouldnt expect it to happen sadly any time soon. ML5s are a luxury though and most of us dont have the ones we want heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    How often do mystic summon heroes come back around? I refreshed like crazy but couldn't get LQ Charlotte to come home.

You'll have to get lucky via Moonlight and Covenant unfortunately.

• Options
    People complain a lot about FLidica's buff but I never see her in arena or GW. I've had a problem using her well, and I spent molas on her. So I'm looking forward to this change. Getting her to 100% crit is going to be tough, but I can pair her up with CDom for good times.

• Options
    Does Covenant summon everything under the sun (or moon, as it were)?

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Does Covenant summon everything under the sun (or moon, as it were)?

Yes. It's how I've gotten almost all of my ML 5* units.

• Options
    70 3* coming soon!