As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I have a buddy that doesn't frequent these forums that also plays FFRK, and he had budgeted out his festival pulls. He got Rydia's sync on his final budgeted pull, but really wanted Yuffie's new awakening and hadn't yet used a pull budgeted for the first banner, so he went for it.

He now has a level 5 Rydia sync, and no new Yuffie awakening. :bigfrown:

But... Yuffie's earth awakening is the bad kind.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    So I have a buddy that doesn't frequent these forums that also plays FFRK, and he had budgeted out his festival pulls. He got Rydia's sync on his final budgeted pull, but really wanted Yuffie's new awakening and hadn't yet used a pull budgeted for the first banner, so he went for it.

He now has a level 5 Rydia sync, and no new Yuffie awakening. :bigfrown:

But... Yuffie's earth awakening is the bad kind.

I suppose instant cast isn't as good a double cast, especially for a ninja. But he has already heavily invested into Yuffie and likes the character (he has quite a bit of stuff for her) so I can't really fault him for it. I do wish the game was more descriptive on what stuff like chase abilities do, I have no idea if Heaven and Earth is any good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Isn't the major problem with Yuffie's AASB that you need a KH item to refresh EnEarth for her?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    On this very banner she has a glint that gives her the ability to empowered infusion for earth or water, up to 3 times per battle for one small soul break bar.

-edit- Also apparently her two awakenings stack, since the water one gives a ninja boost and doublecast ninja, while the earth one gives an earth boost and instant cast earth. So with entrust shenanigans she should be quite capable of crushing earth weak enemies.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Defeated Transcendent Shadowsmith on the first try, without looking at the script. It's actually... fair, for once?!

I did not attempt the hard mode of the fight, I don't know that I have enough juice to get through all that extra HP, much less the bullshit on the other side of the wall of beef.

What kind of team did you use? I’ve been trying that fight, but my buffest teams seem to have trouble cracking through all that defense.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    On this very banner she has a glint that gives her the ability to empowered infusion for earth or water, up to 3 times per battle for one small soul break bar.

-edit- Also apparently her two awakenings stack, since the water one gives a ninja boost and doublecast ninja, while the earth one gives an earth boost and instant cast earth. So with entrust shenanigans she should be quite capable of crushing earth weak enemies.

Huh, I thought that rank boosts didn't stack and only the highest one counted. Or does that only happen when it's two identical ability boosts?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    Defeated Transcendent Shadowsmith on the first try, without looking at the script. It's actually... fair, for once?!

I did not attempt the hard mode of the fight, I don't know that I have enough juice to get through all that extra HP, much less the bullshit on the other side of the wall of beef.

What kind of team did you use? I’ve been trying that fight, but my buffest teams seem to have trouble cracking through all that defense.

I used my Leviathan team. Kain USB+Awakening, Queen USB+Awakening, Prompto Chain+Awakening, Elarra USB+awakening, Tyro Wall+Crits

I skipped Jord, because I couldn't remember what her attack routine is like, and Ullr was a known-ish quantity.

Also, I have no idea whether Wall actually does anything in the fight. (Edit: no, it does not do anything)

FYI, Shadowsmith will hit the center position for like 12k a pop, so ideally you have someone there who can take a hit that big

Edit: script is available now. After Shadowsmith uses Entrust, the rest of the fight gets damage reduction based on how much damage you did to him. The more damage you do, the easier the rest of the fight is. That's a good incentive to actually attack, rather than sitting around with Lifesiphon

Fry on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So, while I patiently wait for more tickets and Banner 3, I decided to have fun with my new toys.

FFVI Sub 22

Relm USB Curada + Hastega
    Terra AASB Firaja + Lunar Ifrit
    Mog USB Passion Salsa Shellga
    Kefka AASB Necro Countdown
    Leo AASB Gaia Force (should've brough Aegis Strike to help with the initial add clear)

This was a bit overkill but man it felt fun just destroying this boss.

FFXV Sub 25

Noodle Prince SSB Rippling + Running
    Ignis CSB Fire Assault + Mug Bloodlust
    Gladio AASB Gaia Force + Power Break
    Iris BSB Curada + Protectga
    Prompto USB GSB+ Plasma Shock + Full Break

It was pretty fun just stacking the various breaks to reduce his damage. I think it'd be better just running Flash Disaster on Nocto

FFI Sub 25

WoL GSB+ GSB (wanted to AOSB but boss died first) Healing Smite + Protectga
    Matoya SSB USB Chilling Blizzard
    Sarah GSB + USB ACM+Crit Song
    Garland AASB should've used Taboo Raid tbh.
    Meia USB Lunar Levia + Water Chainja

Man this was so much easier now that I have Odin Accessories. Just using Sarah GSB (which gives Hastega and Shellga), made this one so much easier. Wish she had Elarra's heal on Bard materia.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knowing that you can take down the I D??? Torment with that team makes me hopeful that I can get a sub-30 too, since mine has a similar overall power level.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Darklyre wrote: »

Huh, I thought that rank boosts didn't stack and only the highest one counted. Or does that only happen when it's two identical ability boosts?

I'm not actually certain! The rank boosts might not stack, but it should still give instant cast double cast which is quite good.

-edit- To avoid double posting I'll just add to this post. I completely forgot the magicite missions for 6 star motes were a thing, so I had to rush to complete what I could today. I hadn't actually done even half of the 4 star magicites, so I sent Lightning and crew to crush the next few in the progression, and used Rydia and Tellah to take on the one that absorbs lightning element. That guy is kind of a jerk with his dispels, but I completed it on the third try, in like 25 seconds even. That unlocked the holy and dark element ones, and I tried the dark element (holy weak) one first because I have Ramza's chain and Celes' awakening, and tossed Agrias with an ultra in there as well. I got utterly crushed by the interrupt/paralyze/etc crap that boss pulled. Once I was able to get the chain going I was finally doing damage, but I just felt like it wasn't going well, and then Ramza died before he could refresh the chain so I just retreated. I instead sent Lightning against the holy element (dark weak) one and thumped it pretty handily, so I at least got all the sub-5 star missions done.

So now I need to clear the dark element one to unlock the 5 star magicites. I think my damage output would actually be fine if I didn't have to deal with the status effects, should I try and setup my accessories to deal with those more than with the incoming damage maybe? Should I give it a try with Lightning and crew, who have basically cleared everything except the lightning element one already? Are there any lens-able relics that could get me an easy source of Astra? Or typical sources of Astra that maybe I am forgetting about but have already?

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should put ace striker on yuffie and Paine to be able to engaged and imperil easier?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    3* unicorn magicite gets you one status barrier

The go-to guy for SBs with status barrier is Larsa, his burst and Ultra both do it. And he can Wrath to do it frequently

One wrinkle with the Hades fight, he has the mega status garbage attack that he uses every so often, but he also has an attack that interrupts, which will also eat status barriers. You can spam status barriers, or you can try to deploy them strategically

Fry on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3/10 two discoes
    Dupe penelo burst
    Dupe WoL OSB
    Dupe ingus chain

Whelp!

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Rem AASB and Delita USB off the ticket, nice!

Rem is super complete now, I have her glint/USB/AOSB/AASB and 2 lmr's.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ticket got me (in addition to a dupe) some neat Machinist toys. Edgar’s Arcane (20+1! Fire/Lightning/Bio), and Balthier’s Ultra (10 Fire, Enfire, Fire speed cycling).

That might be what I need to finally use Balthier in something. I’m conflicted, though. Mustadio doesn’t get Enfire, but he can Imperil more easily using his better dualcast and his Ultra (same thing as Balthier’s, but with Imperil). On the other hand, that setup makes Mustadio difficult to use for Shiva. So maybe Balthier is better for that fight in particular; his competition for that role in that fight is Locke, who has Imperil breaks, Glint, Trance, and a speedy OSB, but no Machinist.

Edgar is obviously meant to be used to improve my Bio team.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Well well.

Ticket got me Kelger AOSB (man I wish I had his AASB!) and Kefka's OSB. Used my ticket on Earth and got (no chain) Rydia's AOSB!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    2/10
    Cyan AOSB
    Irvine BSB dupe

Meh. At least a non-dupe.

2/11 Fire elemental ticket
    Noctis AASB
    Bartz BSB dupe

Calling that a big win, even though it does nothing whatsoever for me for Shiva... yet. Good for the Torment though. Will be fantastic if I get his stuff tonight.

--

Typhon magicite this week? Ugh. Why can't it be something I already have an auto team for? Or at least something I've cleared since like... artifacts came out. At least the only ones of those left at this point are the earth ones and Syldra.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Slides will be next week, they seem like they are going around the wheel.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    New Typhon team is now down to 17.60s on manual. Not quite auto yet - I have to manually use Fabula Priestess to survive the transitions since Elarra doesn't have enough meter at that point.

3/10, all discos: OK CSB (dupe), WoL CSB (dupe), Krile AOSB! Can't complain when it's free, plus it's +fire MAG sheep armor.

Edit: What the hell, threw the ticket at XII again.

4/11, two discos: Gabranth BUSB (dupe, +dark sword), Vaan USB1 (dupe), Gabranth LMR (w-cast dark), Balthier LMR (en-fire). The dupes were bad, but those are good LMRs. Gabranth somehow became a powerhouse for me, with his BUSB and his en-dark/w-cast LMRs.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Galuf ultra dupe. This fest stretching out it’s free stuff has been really depressing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Got an auto Coupon win, will see whether it's repeatable. Shantytown USB, Rinoa USB, Serrano chain, Lulu Awakening, Elarra Awakening

• Options
    Water ticket got me Meia’s Awakening, which is pretty neat. Probably still gonna focus on physical when planning for Ifrit, though.

It’s a neat Awakening; Enwater for her, Water Radiant Shield for the party. Tricky bit is that it kinda conflicts with Strago’s Ultra, but his thing does still give the party Powerchain.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Rejiggered my Typhon team. Got one Auto-clear, but on Speed 1, and I had to babysit it in case RNG shook out poorly. Done with that for now.

Not looking forward to fighting Tortuga again.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I D??? Torment down in 31.60s on the first try. Sub-30 is definitely doable, though I'm not 100% sure on where to get improvement from.

Meia - Voltech, AASB, +30% DMG
    Garland - Touch of Darkness, BSB2, Gathering Storm
    Sarah - Curada, Glint/USB2, DMT
    WoL - Protectga/Healing Smite, BUSB/AOSB, +30% DMG
    Wol - Grand Charge/Quake Swing, BUSB, MM
    RW: Chain
    Magicite: Famfrit

Meia does alright and hits about 13k-15k per hit with a decent chain, but I don't have any stacking faithga for I, and her AASB runs out by the end (but if I go faster it doesn't matter). Garland is fine - he caps his C2 after two uses of the C1. Sarah does the job. WoL caps Healing Smite and the AOSB, the only issue is that he's a bit slow so the AOSB doesn't come out fast enough to sub-30 (maybe delay it so that it gets an IC from Sarah's BUSB level 3?).

The main issue is probably Wol - I'm thinking that the BUSB is a trap, despite the level 3 countering the boss's buffs. I'm wondering if maybe his USB1 with the Crush effect is better to amp up everyone's damage, and let him just Entrust Sarah for more ICs.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    What was Sarah's USB2? Her Bubsy? You could try fielding Matoya. Her Lensable SSB is a Boostga and she has decent LMs.

• Options
    What was Sarah's USB2? Her Bubsy? You could try fielding Matoya. Her Lensable SSB is a Boostga and she has decent LMs.

Bleh, brainfarted and forgot that you don't get Raider in Torments. I was using the Historia Chain, so Matoya's SSB could be pretty good. She definitely can't do worse than Wol, damage-wise - he was only doing 4000x8 with Quake Swing, AFTER the level 3 BUSB debuff.

I might give it a go with Wol's crush USB first, just to see if that'll do it. If not, 1000 lenses for Matoya SSB is definitely worth a shot.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Touch of Darkness is not a great attack, see if you can get away with Demon's Cross. Taboo Raid might be better than spending any turns on burst commands.

Also see if you can find time to use Holyja, it's a little damage and it builds chain. And it generates more meter, so you can SB more often

Pants on head: change Garland to Necro Countdown, put Allegro on Sarah, switch Blank for Matoya (pick up USB in lens shop)

Fry on
  • Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Bleh, brainfarted and forgot that you don't get Raider in Torments. I was using the Historia Chain, so Matoya's SSB could be pretty good. She definitely can't do worse than Wol, damage-wise - he was only doing 4000x8 with Quake Swing, AFTER the level 3 BUSB debuff.

I might give it a go with Wol's crush USB first, just to see if that'll do it. If not, 1000 lenses for Matoya SSB is definitely worth a shot.

The big help from Wol's BUSB is that it's an instant cast that gives Thunder God mode (just for 15 seconds, rather than 25). I wouldn't expect it to match up in damage, especially not for each turn, but he's going to be taking a bunch more turns than everybody else, helping their damage, and is great for being the one to call the RW, or if you're still running 5* magicite, those too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The ticket was a 2/10 Marcus BSB dupe and Raijin USB, so a resounding meh.

The realm/elemental ticket was not worth mentioning.

It's been so long since I've done Typhon, but I have Rinoa and Lulu's AASBs now so I was able to put together a pretty competent auto team. Need to give it a few test runs, but looks like it'll hit sub-30 and I can keep the speed at 5.

• Options
    Today's ticket was another Tidus b-USB and Braska USB, so nothing really useful there. Also I have gotten a lot of FFX relics from these tickets, it's rather odd.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There are a lot of X relics. I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    There’s a bunch of characters there.

And it’s basically the main location for Water.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    There are a lot of X relics. I think.

I mean yes, but X is not 75% of the relic pool. I'm not sure my pulls have been 75% X, but I think at least 50%.

I could be wrong I guess and it wasn't quite that much, but it sure feels like it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Water characters outside x: meia, arc, edge, Bartz, gogo, yuffie....is that it?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

That water thief in ff2, rydia, Noel, serah and ok.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Strago at the least. Rydia to an extent. Onion Knight kind of counts now. Lunafreya (whoever that is) from FFXV.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    i92e01ptc6dp.jpeg

I don’t know if that is per orb or per 11 pull but it seems inevitable to get some 10 stuff.

Edit: I got some dumb doll for lulu for my pull.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh I wasn't complaining that I got some X stuff, that's fine and expected. I was just slightly surprised that I got so much X stuff, I apparently didn't record the first batch of tickets but I definitely had a fair number of X relics in the first five tickets, none on ticket six and two on ticket seven (including one that I got earlier from the first five tickets). It was just a weird quirk I noticed, not a huge deal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I tried it with Wol's crush USB, and it turned out to be the same - a 32s kill. The additional meter and party damage boost get canceled out by the loss of Wol's TG mode and his own damage. Wol just wasn't cutting it.

Turns out I did have a FFI faithga, but Echo BSB was kind of a wash too because Echo herself wasn't really doing all that much - Crushing Tango wasn't as big of a damage buff as I'd hoped, and her own damage with a chainja was anemic, to put it lightly. Went ahead and grabbed Matoya SSB and dived her, though the LD was probably a waste because she didn't do great on damage either. I could've boosted Matoya's damage with a staff as I have her LMR, but I don't have any good lightning staves.

It still wasn't quite working out (I was consistently in the 31-32 second range still), so I figured that if Matoya sucked at DPS and Sarah needed as many turns as possible to push out her BUSB's instant cast, then they needed to swap positions.

And it worked! D??? Garland down in 28.63s!

Meia - Voltech, AASB, +30% DMG, LM1/LM2
    Garland - Demon's Cross, BSB2, Gathering Storm, LM2/LMR (w-cast dark)
    Matoya - Sudden Thundara/Lunatic Thunder, SSB, DMT, LM1/LM2
    WoL - Protectga/Healing Smite, USB2/AOSB, +30% DMG, LMR (en-holy)/LMR (QC3)
    Sarah - Curada, Glint/BUSB, MM, LM1/LM2
    RW - Historia Bonds
    Magicite - Famfrit

Thanks for the help, everyone!

• Options
    edited March 2020
    OK so I know it's not much of an accomplishment in this era of powercreep, but I cleared the last of the 4 star magicites just now. That Hades guy is a right jackass, but I was reminded by my buddy that I had just used up all of my elemental/realm tickets on the Core banner in search of Elarra's glint+ (which I did get with the last one), and I got some very nice Tyro tech along the way including the USB that gives stock HP and Astra, his glint that gives stock HP and esunas the party, and his awakening. Also the Elarra USB that I was missing. So I took the same team I had before (Elarra, Tyro, Ramza (chain), Agrias (usb and overstrike) and Celes (bsb and awakening), and was able to clear it in 47s. Celes needs a bit more to do so I might lens her overstrike or something in the future, but for now I can see about attempting 5 star magicites at least. It will probably be tricky because I didn't really farm up much in the way of 4 stars, but my physical lightning team is pretty absurd so it's worth a try I think.

-edit- And Lightning and crew take down Famfrit in 17.88s, easy peasy.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png