As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    2/10 one disco
    Dupe gladio LMR
    Dupe ok USB3

Definitely feels like my fest was front-loaded :p

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hope we eventually get a new powercreep instant instant cast- with the ability to instantly cast.
    For example if you cast an instant instant cast ability or SB it will go off before sap ticks, or something else takes 1-2 turns.
    ARRARAHSJKRHSAKJRH

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for but also dreading Thursday. Will determine possibilities for the next three months, at least.

Looking for:
    Magic Chain: Wind, Fire, Holy
    Phys Chain: Lightning, Fire, Holy, Wind? (I have Zack's)

Gen 2 of either kind for Fire/Holy is a major priority.

After that maybe Realm chains? Like I wouldn't say NO to them.

Next something, anything at all to enable a Ramuh kill. Some kind of stacking EnEarth for SOMEBODY who I have an AASB for, or vice versa.

Past that I'm not even sure what I need, since I stopped trying anything past Ramuh. Another Magic Lightning AASB/Sync might get me Leviathan.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    3/11: Arc EnWater LMR, Terra OSB and Gaff AOSB. Somehow I keep getting more and more Gaffgarion relics.

Arc's EnWater LMR gives +10 mind on mastery of course, for that White magic water damage.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Actually his doublecast Summon LMR does too, that one's even worse.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    Ifrit can apparently do instant cast moves? He was able to painflare>flameburst before instant cast medica cast in between.

The Hellfire attack that's triggered at the halfway point of each phase is instant. I guess if you get super unlucky, you could push him into that the tick before he does some other attack, and then the other attack would happen before you could get an instant Medica in

Yeah perdition hellfire > flame blast instant again. I don't know how to do this. Full health + last stand into dead.

Weird, I never ran into the issue of not being able to act between Perdition Hellfire and the next thing. Are you using damage reflect, maybe that's eating up more ticks?

Also, I don't think Perdition Hellfire usually triggered Last Stand from full health for me. Are you removing his ATK+MAG buff? Or do you have a billion Pain stacks?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1/10 Horneless AOSB

Straight into the woodchipper with you.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ifrit can apparently do instant cast moves? He was able to painflare>flameburst before instant cast medica cast in between.

The Hellfire attack that's triggered at the halfway point of each phase is instant. I guess if you get super unlucky, you could push him into that the tick before he does some other attack, and then the other attack would happen before you could get an instant Medica in

Yeah perdition hellfire > flame blast instant again. I don't know how to do this. Full health + last stand into dead.

Weird, I never ran into the issue of not being able to act between Perdition Hellfire and the next thing. Are you using damage reflect, maybe that's eating up more ticks?

Also, I don't think Perdition Hellfire usually triggered Last Stand from full health for me. Are you removing his ATK+MAG buff? Or do you have a billion Pain stacks?

I am removing the ATK MAG buff with the dance from elarra. No damage reflect. I guess its just bad timing. Sap has overtaken it in terms of irritation though.
    3 wipes to instant hellfire>something
    5 wipes to sap getting to kill 1-3 people before instant medica goes off.

I still get berserk to hit 3-4 people if I get unlucky. Either there is somehow one tiny bit of meter missing so I can't quite re-enwater or its too slow or something. I tried going slower to build more meter in phase one by using 5 star abilities on paine and yuffie but then they generate less meter so back where I started. Although I guess you don't really want to push it more than 13 turns because phase transition after that is dicey

Turn 14: Peridition Meteor Strike <Unblinkable Fire Phys Dmg + Pain Lv3>
    Turn 15: Water Diffusion <Instant> <-1 Water Infusion Lvl>

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got a last daily hit for the month, a Squall Unique. Hey, it's got enice for one bar, could be worse.

The ticket draw was, well

4/10: Tidus OSB dupe, Kain Arcane dupe, Kelger USB, Serah Chain

Oh, niiiccceeee, punched another hole in my Chain Bingo card! Phys fire and lightning are the only ones left. Maybe I should take a swing at the fire banner again.

• Options

I am removing the ATK MAG buff with the dance from elarra. No damage reflect. I guess its just bad timing. Sap has overtaken it in terms of irritation though.
    3 wipes to instant hellfire>something
    5 wipes to sap getting to kill 1-3 people before instant medica goes off.

I still get berserk to hit 3-4 people if I get unlucky. Either there is somehow one tiny bit of meter missing so I can't quite re-enwater or its too slow or something. I tried going slower to build more meter in phase one by using 5 star abilities on paine and yuffie but then they generate less meter so back where I started. Although I guess you don't really want to push it more than 13 turns because phase transition after that is dicey

Turn 14: Peridition Meteor Strike <Unblinkable Fire Phys Dmg + Pain Lv3>
    Turn 15: Water Diffusion <Instant> <-1 Water Infusion Lvl>

On winning runs I did not see Meteor Strike. Pain +3 is pretty bad, and obviously an extra water diffusion sucks, too.

Yeah, sap sucks. I'm running Aeris and Elarra, and I try damn hard to save Elarra USB for immediately after the attack that saps (Flame Burst, IIRC). Which means I have to be more proactive about using Aeris USB for other heals.

How are you dealing with pillars in phase 1? I found that, for the first phase, it's moderately safe to have my DPS beat on them and take counters, which generates meter. So long as someone is there throwing Curadas around to patch up whichever person ends up getting the kill, anyway.

I have heard stories of some crazy person that used the 4* AOE water sharpshooter skill on their attackers, just to generate a ton of counterattacks at the start of the fight. I was not brave enough to try that, it's 8000 damage, plus pain, plus whatever actual attacks Ifrit throws at you.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Fest Draw continues to give me fire stuff:
    Vincent AASB!!! (got to work this around his CSB, but still!), Wol USB (No idea about this), Y'stola bUSB (Awesome, Needed a good XIV healer)

• Options
    edited March 2020
    So my run goes like this:

Elarra uses G+. Rikku Paine and Yuffie each hit a pillar with 6* ability, manually targeted so that they don't die. After that if anyone takes a pain flare Aerith uses USB. If no one takes a painflare Aerith waits until after Ifrit's move to USB. It would be great to use Elarra USB1 here right after the sap but then she can't use G+ in time and someone dies.
    Turn 2 Finish off the pillars, elarra and aerith use curada/ultra cure. Rikku uses fabula guardian
    Turn 3-4 Rikku G+ Yuffie and Paine enwater Elarra and Aerith do whatever.
    Rikku Chain Everyone else start beating on ifrit. Someone casts Titan to start breaking down rage 3, but he pretty much rages up every move or hits a threshold so this seems largely pointless.
    Rikku Sync Everyone else start beating on ifrit.
    Yuffie Imperil BSB Rikku boost crit chance or damage Paine beat on ifrit
    Chain starts running out at phase change, try to re enwater and get chain back up. Elarra needs to heal and dance at the same time. Good chance of death.
    If no death, good chance of too much berserk to win
    If no too much berserk or death trigger finish enwatering, rikku uses imperil bsb when she's done with sync, keep beating on ifrit
    Good chance of perdition instant death.
    If survive, activate yuffie and paine AASB activate titan again
    Activate Elarra AASB
    Bunch of people die to sap and run is ruined.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I'd suggest activating Yuffie AASB sooner to keep the early rage under control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sywa_pTAF68

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My notes say that my opening is to have my three hitters each manually aim at separate pillars, Aeris wall on her first turn and then spam Curada, and Elarra Glint+ on her first turn, wait slightly, then USB after Flame Burst. That opening works fine as long as Bartz doesn't triplecast on his first turn, doublecasts are fine even

I used one magicite call in the first phase to make sure I beat the timer, but that was the only cap-breaking there. I put one Awakening in phase 2, and one Awakening + other magicite call + some OSBs once that first Awakening wore off in phase 3

edit: the only thing rage does in the first phase is damage reduction, so you don't really need to "keep it down" if your damage is OK.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So that defense buff in phase 3 is a thing. Imperil 6 no rage 3 break on yuffie AASB.

Maybe I need to save Titan for phase 3.

Sap tick killed everyone except aerith. olmv5hu2mgz3.jpeg

I think it would help a ton if I had an OSB for anyone.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Looks like you didn't refresh Wall

There aren't a lot of non-piercing attacks, but there are some. I think I usually saw p2t8 Fiery Shot, for instance.

• Options
    Ugh you are correct. I had hoped it wasn't needed. I have to give them this, they named the moves for this fight approprietly:

per·di·tion
    /pərˈdiSHən/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    (in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death.

This fight does feel like what a state of eternal punishment and damnation would be. Play for 15 minutes, oops sap. Play for 15 minutes oops sap. Play for 5 minute, pushed the wrong key. Play for 15 minutes oops sap. Kill me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ugh you are correct. I had hoped it wasn't needed. I have to give them this, they named the moves for this fight approprietly:

per·di·tion
    /pərˈdiSHən/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    (in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death.

This fight does feel like what a state of eternal punishment and damnation would be. Play for 15 minutes, oops sap. Play for 15 minutes oops sap. Play for 5 minute, pushed the wrong key. Play for 15 minutes oops sap. Kill me.

Maybe I'll take my time finishing these last few 5*s... I only have to worry about pressing the wrong button 5 minutes in and having to restart.

• Options
    Yeah... they are pretty hellish.

I managed to accidentally get 3 pillars blown up on phase two, so that was something different at least.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    For fuck's sake, just drew my third Lulu Awakening within the last week (Awakening Lucky, Fest ticket #2, Fest ticket #8)

I will allow it though, because I have gotten useful stuff on all of those draws. Including Rikku water chain on that most recent ticket

• Options
    Dunno if we get an event, but we DO get a login bonus for FF7R.

Kicks off with 200(!) of every major. Which isn't amazing given what we look for is crystals, but that's still a fucking ton of orbs.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    luneth aasb dupe i just got the other day. feh.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake, just drew my third Lulu Awakening within the last week (Awakening Lucky, Fest ticket #2, Fest ticket #8)

I will allow it though, because I have gotten useful stuff on all of those draws. Including Rikku water chain on that most recent ticket
    Knight_ wrote: »

Don't forget, AASBs will have the ability to be honed for an extra use at max. The dupes aren't entirely pointless.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Don't forget, AASBs will have the ability to be honed for an extra use at max. The dupes aren't entirely pointless.

isn't it 5 dupes though. it's kinda an absurd dupe requirement.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Plus it's a very nice ice mage weapon for all the two doll users.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Speaking of honing, for stuff you don't draw a dupe of, what Lenses should you spend on scrolls? I assume level 1. Bump up to level 2? Seems like biggest jump in cast time reduction.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Plus it's a very nice ice mage weapon for all the two doll users.

Not as good as an artifact, those dolls are probably going in the trash for me
    Speaking of honing, for stuff you don't draw a dupe of, what Lenses should you spend on scrolls? I assume level 1. Bump up to level 2? Seems like biggest jump in cast time reduction.

I don't think it's worth honing SBs right now just for cast time reduction and a little damage, YMMV. Getting a second use out of an awakening, in the future, does seem pretty hot, though.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And then there also gonna be Arcane honing, to reduce its cost to 2 bars instead of 3.

——————

So, I kinda got a crazy windfall today.
    Ticket was Ultimecia OSB, Seifer Arcane, and Noctis Arcane 2 (20+1! tri-Elemental one). Always nice to have a good OSB on a character I planned to use anyway.

Noctis’s Arcane got me convinced to try the current Fire banner, in hopes of getting something for him to let him do 6-star Magicite (since he can’t do that with his no-Aura Awakening). So I rolled there.

Came out with Sephiroth’s dualcast Samurai LMR (benched until I get Fire tools for him), Balthier’s instant Fire chain (guess that settles the Balthier/Locke debate), aaand Noctis’s Fire Sync. That being YET ANOTHER FIRE SAMURAI THING aside, I think I’m pretty well settled for Shiva. Noctis has two cap-breaking tools, one which gives him instant ATB after a few turns of setup, and an on-element Arcane which works with cap-breaking. And that’s alongside Cor, Auron, or Cyan. Really nice for kind of an impulsive pick.

This does mean I’m gonna have to plan to get Noctis’s Unique Ability. Fire-based Running Start works disgustingly well with instant ATB and his legend Dive.

I need to start farming crystals, lol.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    And then there also gonna be Arcane honing, to reduce its cost to 2 bars instead of 3.

——————

Ticket was Ultimecia OSB, Seifer Arcane, and Noctis Arcane 2 (20+1! tri-Elemental one). Always nice to have a good OSB on a character I planned to use anyway.

Noctis’s Arcane got me convinced to try the current Fire banner, in hopes of getting something for him to let him do 6-star Magicite (since he can’t do that with his no-Aura Awakening). So I rolled there.

Came out with Sephiroth’s dualcast Samurai LMR (benched until I get Fire tools for him), Balthier’s instant Fire chain (guess that settles the Balthier/Locke debate), aaand Noctis’s Fire Sync. That being YET ANOTHER FIRE SAMURAI THING aside, I think I’m pretty well settled for Shiva. Noctis has two cap-breaking tools, one which gives him instant ATB after a few turns of setup, and an on-element Arcane which works with cap-breaking. And that’s alongside Cor, Auron, or Cyan. Really nice for kind of an impulsive pick.

This does mean I’m gonna have to plan to get Noctis’s Unique Ability. Fire-based Running Start works disgustingly well with instant ATB and his legend Dive.

Grats! There were a bunch of Reddit posts to the effect of "How do I Noct Sync?!" and "Here's how you Noct Sync!"

Near as I can tell, you put his Unique Ability in slot 1, and a 6* Fire Samurai ability in slot 2 (there's a second one now, the Fire/Ice AoE, which has a higher ST multiplier).

Once you Sync, C2 three times, then alternate C1 and C2 twice (or three times if your input speed is REALLY tight), then cash out C1 three times. You'll end with an IC1 charge, perfect for chaining into his AOSB2.

• Options
    I keep slowly getting 6* motes spent on Elarra and Rikku. By the end of this I'll have maxed them both. I only hope Ifrit is dead too.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I did the AASB dream select as a reward to myself for successfully avoiding the temptation of the half priced fest banners... although they're mostly sort of terrible anyway.

2/11
    Shantotto glint dupe
    Ultimecia AASB

Enough with the fucking FF8 stuff already. An actual wind mage though, huh? Somehow, my wind magic (also Alph CSB) is two major pieces stronger than my fire magic.

Will almost certainly take Agrias, but I can wait for Thursday and the last 10 ticket draw. Still need to grab the free 'set', but that's almost certainly Squall, since he, Terra, and Cloud are the only AASBs I don't have of that group, and I can't even imagine taking something for the AOSB/LMR

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    766 4* motes left for me. Getting close.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Enlong wrote: »

——————

Grats! There were a bunch of Reddit posts to the effect of "How do I Noct Sync?!" and "Here's how you Noct Sync!"

Near as I can tell, you put his Unique Ability in slot 1, and a 6* Fire Samurai ability in slot 2 (there's a second one now, the Fire/Ice AoE, which has a higher ST multiplier).

Once you Sync, C2 three times, then alternate C1 and C2 twice (or three times if your input speed is REALLY tight), then cash out C1 three times. You'll end with an IC1 charge, perfect for chaining into his AOSB2.

Thank you very much for that! Obviously I won’t be able to fully put that strategy into practice yet (nowhere near the sapphires needed for the unique ability), but that’s a very useful strategy to keep in mind.

In fact, I used that to put together a team that finally was able to take out Transcendent Shadowsmith! I think that’s a very good sign for the viability of the team going forward. Cor, Noctis, Balthier, Elarra, and Ignis (Ignis gave both his BSB buffs to Noctis, and he absolutely tore through phases 1 and 2).

The only issue is that that team is 3/5ths made up of characters from a game I haven’t played, lol. That, and if Noctis has to also use his Awakening after his Sync, his Enfire won’t last too much longer.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I did the AASB dream select as a reward to myself for successfully avoiding the temptation of the half priced fest banners... although they're mostly sort of terrible anyway.

2/11
    Shantotto glint dupe
    Ultimecia AASB

Enough with the fucking FF8 stuff already. An actual wind mage though, huh? Somehow, my wind magic (also Alph CSB) is two major pieces stronger than my fire major.

Will almost certainly take Agrias, but I can wait for Thursday and the last 10 ticket draw. Still need to grab the free 'set', but that's almost certainly Squall, since he, Terra, and Cloud are the only AASBs I don't have of that group, and I can't even imagine taking something for the AOSB/LMR

Thanks for reminding me, since I was planning on doing the same.

3/11 one disco.

Garland trance LMR (not useless, got his Awakening)
    Dupe pCecil glint
    Kelger awakening which is a great get, but a bit late. Well, got his AOSB too, so still useful!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did a pull on banner 4 because half-price.

3/11, all discos: Alma USB3, Alphinaud AOSB, Porom AASB! No dupes, and Alphinaud's AOSB is lets him finish the fight with something good instead of just being a chain-bot or using his BUSB.

• Options
    Alphinaud’s Sync is really neat stuff. You can tell it was made after Shadowbringers came out.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I have been failing ifrit all day and it’s depressing. Also everything else going on.

How do you do phase 2? I can't kill the pillars without everyone ending up at 6 pain and then every hit needs a medica and then eventually sap or something kills someone. I don't understand. I am too stupid for this content.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I 100 gemmed alph's gsb+.

Not bad, probably the 2nd most useful item on the banner overall. Not sure how i'd run a wind magic team beyond odin because most of my magic users don't have enelement but that's a future problem.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Man, looking at these elemental/realm pools for future ticket usage is ugly. Assuming I take Agrias's AASB for the select, there's only two other suitable relics in the entire holy pool (PCecil or WoL's AASBs). Kind of wondering if maybe I should take PCecil or WoL's instead since I have their glints and AOSBs. But they don't have a useful LM2, and I do have her 2x cast LMR.

Bleh.

E: Oh, right. They're not available. Well, that makes it easy. Still, I don't like this pool, and I don't like the thought of holding tickets and waiting like four months for the elemental pool to refresh either.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did the half price, 2/11: Seraphie AASB, Deuce AASB

Not what I'd hope for, but I'm sure it'll go to good use someday.