As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    lightning and rydia do have weird synergy multipliers (lighting's sasb/aasb constantly proccing the aasb chase, rydia sasb/aasb doing ridiculous triplecast nightmares) so idk how noctis works with his sync

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Excuse me?

On the Awakening selection, I just got a peek at Kain’s Awakening. I know that Dragoons kinda need all the help they can get, but in exchange for not having dualcast, this dude gets an Awakening that double-breaks the damage cap. That’s hilarious.

I have his AASB/G+ combo and it's as silly as it sounds. In 15s against Famfrit he does over 800k damage, and that's without a damage RM or his w-cast LMR (but with a minimum of 4 imperil stacks).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Alright, let's get this over with.

Fest ticket draws:
    1) Kimahri USB dupe, Cloud USB2 dupe
    2) Kefka LMR (W-cast), Rikku USB2 dupe
    3) Delita USB, Ursula AOSB
    4) Rinoa OSB dupe
    5) Faris USB1
    6) Echo USB
    7) Hope USB
    8) Steiner BSB, Celes USB2 dupe
    9) Lenna USB3, Paine bUSB, Lightning USB1 dupe, Lightning AOSB dupe
    10) Nabaat USB

Basically nothing in 10 draws. Siiigh. No Chains, No AASBs, Ramuh remains literally impossible forever, as is everything after it.

Spend 100 Mythril, get an AASB draws:
    1) Terra LMR (Enfire), Terra Glint dupe
    2) Rikku LMR (MCH QC1 cycle), Bartz AASB

After all that, not even Bartz AASB can turn around my mood after 11 bum draws in a row. It's not nothing, I guess. AASB choice put off to last minute.

Free gift set select: Ice: Squall AASB, AOSB. Squall wins because he's the only acquisition where neither Disco is a dupe. Shores up Ice a bit ahead of the Squall/Rinoa Sync banner.

Perspective: This was soul crushing and I'm mired in a ball of self-loathing right now, but on Fest banner 3 I got 7 new items out of 8 hits in 4 draws, including both Syncs, which was incredible. Missed a couple complementary pieces to what I got on Fest banner 3, so the stuff I have can't be fully realized.

Overall fest draws: Did lots and lots of Lucky draws, but they were basically a blur. If something had been helpful, I feel like it would have stuck out. My Physical fire game could be in a great spot now, except I only have a Gen 1 MAG chain. The point is moot though, since I still can't kill Ramuh, and might be stuck for 3 more months.

Bloodied scream into the void asking for help for Ramuh post to follow.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Earth physical options! Help! I have some Earth Awakenings, and some Earth Glints for Empowered Infusion (EI), but never on the same character. What do.

What I have, (What I could acquire)

Ingus AASB, refresh with USB (no source of EI exists)

Galuf Chain, refresh with USB1, Imperil with BSB2 (G and G+ provide EI)

Bartz1 AASB, refresh with BSB, has AOSB (no source of EI exists)

Dorgann AASB, refresh with USB (no source of EI exists)

Kelger Glint, has USB for damage, but no Woke

Leo Glint, has AOSB for damage, but no Woke

Tifa AASB, refresh with USB2 (G+ and Sync provide EI)

Gladiolus AASB, refresh with USB (no source of EI exists)

Machina USB (lol) (G+ provides EI)

Cinque USB (G+ provides EI)

I'd like to complement a Woke holder with a Glint, or a Glint holder with a Woke, but if that proves impossible and I don't want to give up on this game until the next fest, is there any way with this to kill Ramuh? I have no Earth AOSBs to close out the fight/any phase on my Woke holders save Bartz, so finishing the fight is proving impossible.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My advice is to wait a year.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    My advice is to wait a year.

hey woah who told you my secret strats

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Earth physical options! Help! I have some Earth Awakenings, and some Earth Glints for Empowered Infusion (EI), but never on the same character. What do.

Galuf Chain, Imperil with BSB2

Bartz1 AASB, refresh with BSB,

Tifa AASB, refresh with USB2

This is literally my team, not counting LMRs, except with Galuf USB2 instead of BSB2, and also Bartz USB1. Tifa LMR is surprisingly critical for the early stuff, but that's lensable, too.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/42283519/#Comment_42283519

It's the healing/buffing (Aerith and Tyro AASB) which are the big question marks.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    It's a pity we're not likely ever going to get the Earth Bringer glitch that Japan had for a week or so that made it deal OSB level damage. That would have resulted in a renaissance of Ramuh clears.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »

This is literally my team, not counting LMRs, except with Galuf USB2 instead of BSB2, and also Bartz USB1. Tifa LMR is surprisingly critical for the early stuff, but that's lensable, too.

It's the healing/buffing (Aerith and Tyro AASB) which are the big question marks.

I have Aerith USB2 and G+ (but no AASB). I have Tyro USB4 (but no AASB).

Alternatively Elarra USB1, 2, AASB, G+.

Does anyone run three Wokes instead of Ignis BSB or Tyro USB4?

silence1186 on
  • Options

I have Aerith USB2 and G+ (but no AASB). I have Tyro USB4 (but no AASB).

Alternatively Elarra USB1, 2, AASB, G+.

Does anyone run three Wokes instead of Ignis BSB or Tyro USB4?

I can poke at those specifics later, but I'd just be going through the list here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ffrk+ラムウ

I'm 99% certain that there's at least one that uses a stacked Elarra with Galuf CSB, Tifa and Bartz AASBs and no stacking.

As in most 6* magicite cases though, it's very tetchy, and is going to require bashing your head against the wall over and over and over and over again.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Clear I was following used Tyro USB4 instead of AASB, but you'll need a lot of last stands at the end, and a ton of healing power at the outset, so I'm not sure that method would work sans both.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I had stacking earth going into phase 3, but the big attack still triggered Last Stands anyway, so I'm not sure that really saved me anything? My team was Galuf chain + imperil, Tifa Sync, Bartz BSB + USB1 + Awakening. When I was going through the process of figuring out the win, I kept seeing videos of similar teams that had Tifa Awakening instead of Sync, and wishing I had the infinite hones of the Awakening so I could be more liberal with Earth Ironfist.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I had stacking earth going into phase 3, but the big attack still triggered Last Stands anyway, so I'm not sure that really saved me anything? My team was Galuf chain + imperil, Tifa Sync, Bartz BSB + USB1 + Awakening. When I was going through the process of figuring out the win, I kept seeing videos of similar teams that had Tifa Awakening instead of Sync, and wishing I had the infinite hones of the Awakening so I could be more liberal with Earth Ironfist.

I'd say enEarth LMR is more important than stacking earth into phase 3. You want to have at least one aura going into that first radiant mode, because when it ends he WILL overflow on everyone without it.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    If it makes anybody feel better, my 9 tickets (not enough days logged in to get the 10th) got me exactly 0 chains or awakenings. There was some +element gear and a bunch of stuff I didn't have (because I don't have much in the way of USBs after my extended break) but nothing really exciting. My actual draws on the festival banners were alright, 1 sync, 1 chain, 3 (+1 dupe) awakenings out of 7 multis. I'm certain there are people that did worse than I did, but I'm reasonably sure I'm in the bottom half of results overall. So pretty typical for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Looking from the outside the main advantage of stacking EnEarth seemed like not having the stop DPSing to refresh EnEarth, because you're only able to damage the boss meaningfully for 15 seconds. Back when I was attempting Ramuh, my three problems were:

Phase 1 took for-fucking-ever, like almost 30s in game, and maybe 15 minutes of real life, and was so tense that any mistake at any point wasted the 15 minutes
    Phase 2 would start with a random starting state every time, so it was never sure if Elarra would have SB meter and take a turn in time to USB1 so Tifa and Gladio could AASB before Paralyze
    Phase 3 would start with a random starting state every time, so it was rare Elarra could USB1 so that Tifa and Gladio could USB to EnEarth again. I'd waste what felt like 5s turning EnEarth back on, and then suddenly no one can break the damage cap and Ramuh gets to Rage 3 and I die, or I'd just run out of gas ~20%-10% and I'd just stop dealing damage and hit the Dead End.

Basically Chaos Theory is my enemy. I cannot reliably produce a sequence of turns leading to the same outcome in consecutive attempts, so learning is impossible, and any given decision I make in uncharted waters is without fail the wrong one.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Phase 2 isnt too bad on Ramuh, at least relative to the horror of phase 3. I found it worked well to have one cap breaker in phase 2 and save the other for phase 3. But yeah, not being able to get phase 1 consistent sucks for managing that transition. IIRC I had Tifa throw an OSB or two at the end of phase 1 to make it more consistent

Edit: actually, Ingus might be a good pick, that Earth reflect should keep the chain nice and high to help keep the damage flowing

Fry on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I've been bad about keeping up, but Noct SASB (or any SASB for that matter): recommended to have his AASB too? I know AASB and SASB stack causes problems due to infinite hones, but the combined stats can sometimes be worth it?

I’d say that if you’re going with Fire Noctis with his Sync, you’ll probably get better results using one after the other expires than trying to do them both at once. Mainly because the dualcasting from Awakening messes with his Sync. Command 2 builds up his Phantom Flame rank, up to 3. And if you have Phantom Flame, using command 1 expends one rank of Phantom Flame to give him instant ATB. But if you dualcast command 1, you’ll expend two Phantom Flame ranks in one go, and the instant ATBs don’t stack when that happens.

Granted, there are also some reasons to maybe try stacking them. You do still get double cap break. Also, unless you have his Glint for Enfire, he probably runs out of his Sync Enfire by the time he uses both the Sync and Awakening serially. That might be worth losing some of the instant ATB.

It’s a very nice problem to have, granted.

• Options
    Phase 2 isnt too bad on Ramuh, at least relative to the horror of phase 3. I found it worked well to have one cap breaker in phase 2 and save the other for phase 3. But yeah, not being able to get phase 1 consistent sucks for managing that transition. IIRC I had Tifa throw an OSB or two at the end of phase 1 to make it more consistent

Edit: actually, Ingus might be a good pick, that Earth reflect should keep the chain nice and high to help keep the damage flowing

Phase 2 doesn't even last that long, assuming I can fire up the AASBs. Phase 3 is just a brick wall.

Earth reflect's damage is so thoroughly neutered, I'm not sure. Ingus isn't a great character overall.

I'm wondering if something like Tifa/Dorgann/Bartz might be better, dropping Tyro entirely and stacking Imperil with Dorgann.

• Options
    The most important thing for me for Phase 3 was saving one titan cast and having a Fabula Mage cast available going into it.

Tyro/Galuf (usually) were on-call to IMMEDIATELY drop one or the other as soon as any rage level started up. Those two extra immediate rage drops were enough to get Tifa enEarth again, and her AASB was still active at the start of phase 3.

In my successful runs, I actually didn't cast Bartz AASB until DURING phase 3, so he started picking up the slack as soon as Tifa's dropped off.

• Options
    Went back and finished off Transcendent Proto Omega. Was having a heck of a time getting anywhere, key realization was that this robot actually has less break resistance than everything else. Stacking breaks kept the damage down to just "moderately insane" so I wasn't getting overflowed by literally every attack. :X

• Options
    I beat Leviathan! Yay!

I’m having serious trouble replicating the feat to level-Break Lebiathan! Boo!

• Options
    I beat Leviathan! Yay!

I’m having serious trouble replicating the feat to level-Break Lebiathan! Boo!

What's your team?

• Options
    Looking into rikku sync.

I'm starting to think this isn't that great? Like, don't get me wrong, the SB itself is fine, but as a character her LMs are all over the place, and the sync itself is geared towards thief and water, which has a grand total of one ability, which she can't doublecast.

• Options
    * Shantotto: Lunatic Thunder, Hell Thunder l USB, Awakening, Arcane, Glint (unused) | LM2, LMR (Witch Tricast), +Lightning
    * Tyro: Entrust, Mage’s Hymn | Sentinel’s Grimoire | LM2, LMR (2 instant turns), Dr Mog’s
    * Desch: Voltech, Plasma Shock | Unique (Enlightning), Chain, Glint, USB (Imperil) | LM1, LM2, Ace Striker
    * Elarra: Dispel, ACM | Awakening, USB1, Glint, Glint+ | LM1, LM2(I really want her Medica on Bard LMR), Mako Might
    * Ashe: Chain Thundaja, Valigarmanda | Sync, USB1, Glint, OSB | LMR (Enlightning), LM2, +Weakness
    * Fabula Mage

I halfway want to test out Shantotto with LM1 instead of tricast, as the volatility of dualcasts makes it sometimes tricky to time phase 1’s end.

I’m going a kind of risky route of not Raising, and instead just feeding bubbles to my Damage dealers. If the fight goes well, it will end with Ashe alone spamming her OSB.

• Options
    Looking into rikku sync.

I'm starting to think this isn't that great? Like, don't get me wrong, the SB itself is fine, but as a character her LMs are all over the place, and the sync itself is geared towards thief and water, which has a grand total of one ability, which she can't doublecast.

It seems more based on party support. The only question I have is whether the Crit Chance is based on how many times Prime Twin Stars has been used at any given time, or if it only checks when used? If the former, it would take two turns to give the entire party allcrits and buffed crits. Otherwise it’d take four.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Looking into rikku sync.

C1 links on water, and she can put any of the water sharpshooter stuff there.

C2 links on thief, so if you're running her in a water team, then, yeah, there's only one 6* ability to put there. Her C2 is the party buff though, so you should only be using it at most twice anyway, and it gives a pretty damn substantial buff.

She does have an LMR for 2x casting water abilities though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The problem (possibly in quotes) is that Prime Twin Stars isn’t Water on its own, so it won’t be dualcast.

That, and Aquatic Weakness is actually alright to keep casting, since that means more imperils. I guess you’ll probably want to have landed it a bunch while building up meter for the Sync, though.

• Options
    Looking into rikku sync.

It seems more based on party support. The only question I have is whether the Crit Chance is based on how many times Prime Twin Stars has been used at any given time, or if it only checks when used? If the former, it would take two turns to give the entire party allcrits and buffed crits. Otherwise it’d take four.

Neither. It's an ingredient thing like ignis burst.

1: Cmd 2 (Crit Chance +50% + Water ATK+)
    2: Cmd 1 (+ 1 Ingredient)
    3: Cmd 1 (+ 1 Ingredient. Youre maxed)
    4: Cmd 2 (Crit Chance +100% + Water ATK+)
    5: Cmd 1 (+1 Ingredient)
    6: Cmd 2 (+50% Crit Dmg)

Might be better to just set to 50% then straight to damage 50% THEN go for the crit 100

• Options
    Since the 50% crit damage only lasts 2 turns, it might be better to skip that and put in Elarra USB2.

The +50%/100% crit rates should last the 25 seconds I think

Oh.

• Options
    Since the 50% crit damage only lasts 2 turns, it might be better to skip that and put in Elarra USB2.

The +50%/100% crit rates should last the 25 seconds I think

Oh.

The +50/100 rates are 'short critical', not regular, and only last 15 seconds.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Huh. I didn't get a Rush Ticket from the lowest level Harvest Bounty. I thought they were guaranteed to drop at that level.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So can anybody give me a cliff notes of Ifrit? Anything I should watch out?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

She does have an LMR for 2x casting water abilities though.

Can't lens :(

• Options
    So can anybody give me a cliff notes of Ifrit? Anything I should watch out?

Will nuke you if you leave the pillars alive long enough, but they counter when attacked and when killed, which applies Pain that increases the damage you take. It's good to use AoE SBs to avoid a bunch of counters, as well as SBs on the pillars themselves because they take full damage even without enWater. You have around 28 seconds I think before the first enWater strip. Each phase means new pillars and an enWater strip. Bring an Atk/Mag debuff. Also, he'll berserk someone at the start of phase 2, so astra or making sure your healer is the one targeted to shrug it off quickly is key.

Mostly, it's dealing with the incoming damage. Kind of like Ramuh, but just more overall, a need to get distracted by the pillars, and no anti-heal or basically automatic overflow at the start of phase 3 to deal with.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    AoE SBs... Hmm gonna check if my guys have any. If not, I guess it's a good time to but Tyro's USB1.

Edit: huh...I've got Tidus AoE BSB. Is it really a good idea to field this one? Shit I can only bring 4 SBs. That'd be GSB, AASB, AOSB and BSB then? Man, I wish I could bring USB too...HMMM.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    AoE SBs... Hmm gonna check if my guys have any. If not, I guess it's a good time to but Tyro's USB1.

Edit: huh...I've got Tidus AoE BSB. Is it really a good idea to field this one? Shit I can only bring 4 SBs. That'd be GSB, AASB, AOSB and BSB then? Man, I wish I could bring USB too...HMMM.

It depends on who else you're using. Yuffie is often brought as the imperiler, and her instant AoE 6 hit imperil BSB is fantastic because it leaves the pillars at basically 0 HP.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I didn't really use AOE that much in my physical clears. I took counters in phase 1 to build extra meter, and in phase 2 and 3 I aimed my water aura refresh SBs at the pillars, which was good enough to kill them.

I think with that gear, I would go with Tidus glint, Awakening, AOSB, and ultra.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Got a win against Ifrit with a magic team:

Gogo BSB, Awakening
    Aria USB
    Lulu Awakening, Glint (water, obv), USB (chase), LMR (start water)
    Elarra USB, Awakening, glint+
    Strago chain, BSB

Aria USB is super good for this fight, highly recommend. You can get it from the lens shop. Bubbles for 10k HP makes so much garbage super safe. I took two Meteor Strikes in phase two, +6 pain to everyone, but no big deal.

Note: counters from pillars go around the bubble, which is great because you can then cure that damage but still have the bubble there to protect you from other attacks. You probably still want a Last Stand from a second healer to be super safe, but your healers will have time to screw around with summons or barding or whatever.

Fry on
  • Options
    Hm. I have Aria’s Awakening and USB. Has her time finally come?

• Options
    *sigh* ok. I finally got that second Leviathan. Hopefully numbers 3 and 4 come easier as I level up my Leviathan. Provided the damage push doesn’t screw up my phase 1 timing. But if it does I can probably just have Ashe slow her roll a little bit.