As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Daily Duped Cinque Glint+, which is the only thing I have gotten so far off these elemental single tickets. Well played, RNG

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    According to reddit JP multiplayer fights will be phased out Aug 28. Commence worrying about end of game if that's your thing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    According to reddit JP multiplayer fights will be phased out Aug 28. Commence worrying about end of game if that's your thing.

No service game lasts forever. Also SQEX has no qualms ending things that aren't profitable. No use worrying about it, IMHO. Just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Multiplayer is kind of awful in this game, it just doesn't work on a variety of levels. I will not miss it when it's gone.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Sounds like they're working on wait mode, so I'd just guess they were incompatible - it's already obviously on older code (4 SB limit, no magicite, etc). This might be something more fundamental.

More worrying is apparently the story is done without resolution.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Sounds like they're working on wait mode.

Oh please. The most infuriating thing about this game (other than the underlying slot machine) is the way the speed of the game's hardest fights has sped up to shit-hundred-and-fuck without giving us a tool to properly work around that. In the time it takes to input 5 commands, even as fast as possible, someone's taken another turn.

Like, there's a good reason why every single 6-star Magicite starts with a Primal Essence right when your ATB would first fill up; the animation gives you time to do your first row of actions without losing time on them.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Summons and SBs shouldn't hide the UI. Especially when Rydia is triple casting and you lose a full second of input time.

Got up to 100 mythril. Tactics banner 1? Would help with Holy, and this is the last Tactics banner known to occur.

• Options
    Counterpoint. Ramza gets a Synchro down the road (Holy Tech) and TGC's Synchro returns down the line. Also, Orran's Synchro is on this fest which apparently is very useful for White Odin. And you don't have to deal with the other stuff on the banner.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint. Ramza gets a Synchro down the road (Holy Tech) and TGC's Synchro returns down the line. Also, Orran's Synchro is on this fest which apparently is very useful for White Odin. And you don't have to deal with the other stuff on the banner.

Those three items are on three different fest banners though. Hrmm.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Multiplayer has been garbage for a pretty long time, from both a gameplay standpoint and a functionality standpoint. I don't know that I'd read a lot into it.

That said, I am feeling pretty fucking burned by the most recent spate of fucking godawful pulls. Literally never getting anything EVER on the daily draw OR the bi-weekly tickets (seriously, 4 AASBs from them total, LIFETIME, and three of those are functionally worthless, Dr Mog, Luna, and Gladiolus) AND blowing around 400 mythril on the fest and coming out of it with a whopping two AASBs (only one usable, and yes, went all dupes on the AASB-only lucky) and one sync is just like... come the fuck on, game. The whole elemental/realm refresh only managed a single decent pull too. There's a limit here.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Those three items are on three different fest banners though. Hrmm.

Counter counter point. Pull as long as you don't mind going 1/11 Gaff GSB+

• Options
    Oh, something I think I neglected to call out: in my magic Diabolos clear, I did not bring Wall. Now, I did kind of have two healers for that (Yuna AASB puts out a ton of AOE healing while it's DPSing) but most of that was overheal.

Something to consider (for both versions) if you are in the vicinity of having enough stuff to get there.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I got a bonus draw ticket for my something-hundred login bonus, a mechanic which I totally forgot existed. 1/11 Cecil AASB.

This might be a significant help to my holy team. Or maybe not? I have historically struggled to get decent damage out of Cecil due to low stats and a poor dive. Anyone have any experience with this thing?

My relevant holy tech right now is, like...

Rem AASB/USB1/Glint/Glint+(Last Stand)
    Rydia AASB/AOSB/OSB
    Cecil AASB/AOSB/USB1/USBWall/BSB1/CSB 0.5
    Lightning AASB/USB3/LMR(dualcast Lightning)
    Orlandeau AASB/OSB
    Celes AASB/OSB/BSB1/LMR(doublecast Spellblade)
    Edward CSB

Plus a smattering of sub-AASB stuff. I'm not sure if I can make a Diabolos team out of that or not. Still not sure if I should be spending more magicite tickets on Holy...

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    You’ve got a good option for a physical Holy team lined up with Edward, Pecil, and Lightning. Assuming of course that’s Lightning’s Holy Awakening?

Anyway, Pecil’s got a stacking holy Glint and OSB in the lens shop. With that, he’s got as much as he had when I took on Diabolos. He can do magic, but he’s still better with physical stuff if you’re using stuff like his Arcane and OSB.

Yes, Edward’s Chain is magic focused, but he’s got a BSB that boosts ATK by 50% and hits the enemy with Imperil Holy, so he’s totally fine (quite good, even) supporting a physical Holy team. Give him Wrath/Warrior’s Hymn and Esuna, and you’ll be able to have him support the team and handle Diabolos’s Fevered Dream mechanic. Leaving your healer free to take De’Diaja and dualcast.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Bleh. Tried a magic team on Ifrit just to see. It’s nearly capable, but the lack of a magic-specific chain kinda kills it. Wish I had Gogo’s.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Spent too much time doing the costume event for mythril and rolled on FFT banner 1.

Got 2 7s. Agrias’s Limit Break and Orlandeau’s Sync, hot damn.

If I hadn’t already done my time with Diabolos, this would be a major boost to that. As it is, I guess it’s an excuse to actually attempt Zalera.

I’m wondering what the best way to do Orlandeau’s Sync is. Every 2 Sync actions, he gets an instant action, and if he has Thunder God Mode, instant ATB, and then he loses TGM. So I could either use that instant action on command 2, for TGM and a synced attack, or use it on his OSB. Hm... if he has a 5-hit attack synced, command 2 can do as much as his OSB, so probably that.

Edit: ah. The buff triggers every 2 uses of command 1, not every 2 uses of Sync commands. Meaning that command 2 vs OSB is more neutral than I thought, except that command 2 builds meter, so it’s oeobably better unless I’m not capping.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I hadn't considered using the free turn on command 2, I'll have to think about that (except I've done my time too, heh). I've been using them on OSB and especially to get his AASB into action.

• Options
    You use his Awakening on diablos?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    If it's paired with his Sync, his Awakening could do quite well. The infinite hones break the ability to sync, but it gives him a damage limit of 29999, and he doesn't really lose any benefits from being stuck spamming command 1 by itself, unlike someone like Noctcis. By itself, his Awakening doesn't do a whole lot vs Diabolos, but the Sync works like a band-aid for that by giving him triple Enholy.

Enlong on
  • Options
    (setting up a team for farming Cuchulainn)

Boy, the various soul break icons for Ovelia's stuff aren't very helpful, are they? 4 of the 5 soul breaks I have equipped for her are all variations on her in casting pose, with varying backgrounds of lights and sigils.

• Options
    FF5 discount draw: Faris Bubsy. Not useless!

• Options
    Very not useless. Its crush effect counteracts that DEF/RES/MND buff that so many bosses love to use in phase 3.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    FF5 discount draw: Faris Bubsy. Not useless!

That Bubsy is excellent and is on my physical Titan team.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Very not useless. Its crush effect counteracts that DEF/RES/MND buff that so many bosses love to use in phase 3.

You know...I'm wondering if I should pull on that FF1 banner. That WoL crush looks sexy.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    ...huh. Hey, you know how Aria is a suprisingly strong pick for an Ifrit team, due to having that one USB that gives you a 100% max HP anti-fire barrier? Well, Alma has a USB that is much the same, except it's anti-Dark. It also gives stocked HP instead of Regen, so it doesn't interfere with any Regenga effects. So, she might be an interesting pick for a Diabolos team, and overpowered against Cuchulainn if you're farming him for rat tails.

...sadly, Zalera focuses on Holy damage, so it's not much good there. And Alma doesn't have full Bard access like Aria does, though she is a decent pick for De'Diaja.

Enlong on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Got to 50 magicite kills and dumped my tickets on holy until... I pulled Beatrix aasb! Exactly what I needed to round out my team and she boosts my weak ffix realm team too. Got her ha right away and I'm stokee to try it.

Put the rest towards lightning without any results, but there's still a bit of time. I'm feeling good about the results already anyway.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    I wish I had better stuff for Beatrix, because her Hero Ability is easily the most neat one of all the ones that have been introduced. Most of them are your standard 5-hit attacks ore moves designed to assassinate specific Magicite fights (lookin' at you, Squall). But then Beatrix just has an ability that's an Overstrike, and that's really fun.

I guess I should also say that Noctics has a cool thing; Fire-based Running Start is very unusual for Samurai, and it synergizes very well with his kit.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    They give us job motes in increments of 30, right?

I've got so many rubies I'm thinking of buying job motes to where I need at most 60 of each. I could actually finish all job spheres, but since they keep dribbling them out, I don't QUITE see the point of going that far.

E: or at LEAST getting all 510 knight motes because that STILL leaves me 160 short

Jragghen on
  • Options
    FFT Banner 1:
    1st pull: TG Cid Glint, Gaff G+ (the bad one), Ovelia AASB
    2nd pull: Gaff G+ (the bad one) dupe x2, TG Cid G+

Not a single thing for DPS in realm. So much for Zalera. JFC. TG Cid's Glint(s) are mildly helpful for Diabolos.

Gacha: self inflicted stabs wounds, because we all love hurting ourselves.

Out of Mythril again. Should probably just save for Fest stuff.

Also fuck Dreambreakers forever, and the people that made them.

• Options
    In twelve to eighteen months, when every banner has 2-3 True Arcane SBs plus syncs and Awakenings, then Dream breakers will be less awful. But yeah, for right now they are BS

• Options
    FFT Banner 1:

Not a single thing for DPS in realm. So much for Zalera. JFC. TG Cid's Glint(s) are mildly helpful for Diabolos.

Told you to only pull if a GS+ only result wouldn't make you mad. This is probably the main reason I'm only pulling for 100% guaranteed banners lately.

• Options
    FFT Banner 1:

Told you to only pull if a GS+ only result wouldn't make you mad. This is probably the main reason I'm only pulling for 100% guaranteed banners lately.

There aren't any banners that are 14 Awakenings though. I need Syncs/AASBs to function, so you have to take a chance some of the time. Unfortunately all chances end in failure and misery.

• Options
    FFT Banner 1:

There aren't any banners that are 14 Awakenings though. I need Syncs/AASBs to function, so you have to take a chance some of the time. Unfortunately all chances end in failure and misery.

Even the ones on banners that ARE nothing but awakenings!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    God, I should absolutely have a diablos team but that third phase is like a fucking brick wall

• Options
    It’s pretty damn nasty. I advocate OSB spamming and keeping an Awakening running as you go into the phase.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Ice weak Odin down! My first.

Fire and lightning are likely very doable. Need to start working on them. Percentages help so much.

• Options
    I got angry and frustrated, and since I was close to 50, I grinded out the last few for the x11 tickets to take another swing at the elemental boost banner.
    3xwU0ED.jpg

Took 9 (?) out of 15 tickets, but that I will definitely take.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I have to apologize to the magicite support banners, too. I think I probably now have an earth magic team, as I got Enna USB+AASB and Rydia Sync in ~23 tickets. It's coffee time for old men

Fry on
  • Options
    Hm. Now I'm not sure what to throw the last 13 or so tickets at. Only really concerned with AASB/CSBs
    * = don't really want and have no real use case for, in either Torment or 6* magicite.

Fire: Terra, Seph*, Vivi, Vincent A, Vincent C
    Ice: Laguna, Celes, Lulu*
    Lit: Kain, Claire, Aranea
    Earth: Rydia, Enna*
    Wind: Cloud, Alph, Terra*, Fujin
    Water: Tidus, Rikku, Strago*, Rikku C
    Holy: Rem, Beatrix, Yuna, Hope*, Hope C*
    Dark: DCecil, Golbez

I guess fire? But my fire magic is so bad that I don't know that it's even worth trying to band-aid it, and only Vivi makes the Torment team, at least in that element. Holy is still a contender, but feels a waste if a banner doesn't even have a chance for a sync, and Hope's stuff is useless to me. Wind magic is almost in the same zone as fire, except I do have a gen 2 CSB for it. Still wouldn't touch Fujin for Torment and Cloud is already broken by his USB shenanigans.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    But is he broken enough for White Odin?

Probably...