As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    First three tickets on 3, 11, and 15 were all 1/11, buuuuut was dupe, G+, and sync. Buuuuut it was Luna's sync. A very nice prize, but complicates the shit out of my 15 team.

Second three tickets did a bit better. 14 had dupe Alph glint, Y'shtola meme USB, and Y'shtola AASB. Type-0 went partial meme with three AOSBs, but Rem's will likely be of some use. Spare ticket went to 3 for dupe glint, dupe BSB, and CoD AASB.

That's three more prizes in those six tickets than like the last 15 combined, so other than Y'shtola's AASB, dubious worth, but solid results.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Anyone have a good auto team for FFV?

Any healer with G+ and awakening (or honestly, probably just a haste awakening is plenty), then your best four in-realm DPS. If you have at least one or two V characters that can break the damage cap, you'll probably steamroll it, because Greg wastes a lot of turns.

edit: well, at least one mage DPS. Greg will blind the top two slots, so one of those should be a healer, and the other should be a mage.

Are you just ignoring dispelling him?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Any healer with G+ and awakening (or honestly, probably just a haste awakening is plenty), then your best four in-realm DPS. If you have at least one or two V characters that can break the damage cap, you'll probably steamroll it, because Greg wastes a lot of turns.

edit: well, at least one mage DPS. Greg will blind the top two slots, so one of those should be a healer, and the other should be a mage.

My auto team was Lenna (without an IC USB!) in the top slot, using ultra cure, Galuf in slot 2 with the haste/boost USB, Bartz in slot 3, Kelger in slot 4, and Dorgann in slot 5. Bartz and Kelger are my two awakenings for the realm, Dorgann's got a USB, but I have him bring banishing strike. It'll get the chase later in the battle. I just use the summon chain.

It CAN be under 30s, but not 100% of the time. It's a lot faster with me putting in manual commands since I can bring hastega and have galuf cast his chain.

• Options
    Put one ticket into FF3 since I've only got one awakening, and got CoD chain.

I think I have literally every dark chain now. I might be missing one.

Last ticket onto FF11 for 0 awakenings. Dupe shantotto lmr.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    No point in dispelling when he's going to just put the same buffs back up on his next turn. And the turn after that. And the turn after that. Just Keep Punching

I think mine is sub-20 with Lenna AASB (either of them, or both of them), Bartz AASB, Gogo AASB, Krile USB, Kelger no-SB. Level 80 crystal, RW chain

Fry on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

If you are using an awakening on a healer, that healer can probably carry Dispel in slot 1.

• Options
    Whoops. I overwrote my FFT autobattle team.

• Options
    No point in dispelling when he's going to just put the same buffs back up on his next turn. And the turn after that. And the turn after that. Just Keep Punching

I think mine is sub-20 with Bartz AASB, Gogo AASB, Krile USB, Kelger no-SB

I have a fairly consistent auto sub 25, but I do have Lenna's AASB1, G+, and picked up her regenga USB and medica LMR from lens store, so she's pretty free to spam dispel at will. The main source of randomness (above and beyond Bartz being a randomness generator) is whether or not the second flash goes off. That cripples Galuf and Dorgann's output, but Bartz is carrying most of the damage anyway.

Team is
    Krile USB (earth magic chase one)
    Lenna G+/AASB1/USB
    Bartz AASB1
    Galuf CSB/LMR (init fast cast)
    Dorgann USB

No RW.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    First three tickets on 3, 11, and 15 were all 1/11, buuuuut was dupe, G+, and sync. Buuuuut it was Luna's sync. A very nice prize, but complicates the shit out of my 15 team.

Second three tickets did a bit better. 14 had dupe Alph glint, Y'shtola meme USB, and Y'shtola AASB. Type-0 went partial meme with three AOSBs, but Rem's will likely be of some use. Spare ticket went to 3 for dupe glint, dupe BSB, and CoD AASB.

That's three more prizes in those six tickets than like the last 15 combined, so other than Y'shtola's AASB, dubious worth, but solid results.

Now that I think about it: does XV actually have any characters who boost magic? Luna's the only black mage type in the realm, and I'm pretty sure all the support stuff is physical-focused.

*search*

Yeah, there's really almost nothing for her in the realm, with the exception of Ignis's realm chain (ATK/MAG buff). The actual best one could do in-realm would be Ignis's Chain, and having Iris or Luna use Faith on Luna. If you were to run the 15 Torment or Dreambreaker, I'd definitely suggest bringing a bard such as Tyro, Elarra, Gogo, or Bard, to boost Luna with Mage's Hymn.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Enlong wrote: »

Now that I think about it: does XV actually have any characters who boost magic? Luna's the only black mage type in the realm, and I'm pretty sure all the support stuff is physical-focused.

*search*

Yeah, there's really almost nothing for her in the realm, with the exception of Ignis's realm chain (ATK/MAG buff). The actual best one could do in-realm would be Ignis's Chain, and having Iris or Luna use Faith on Luna. If you were to run the 15 Torment or Dreambreaker, I'd definitely suggest bringing a bard such as Tyro, Elarra, Gogo, or Bard, to boost Luna with Mage's Hymn.

There's still a good argument for not bringing her at all. I have a solid physical lightning devil's threesome in Prompto CSB, Noctis AASB, and Aranea USB. Ignis (BSB/USB) or Cor (AASB/USB) probably slot in better, although she does provide much more survivability. But since I'm using Prompto's chain, I have the healy RW, not to mention Iris has her G+, USB1, and USB2, so she's loaded for bear, especially in a physical team.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    dataminers found banners for banners for III, V, IX, X, and T. That have three draws each (first draw half off). e.g. this

That's 375625 mythril if you do them all! Maybe the pools will be junky, so it won't feel as bad to skip. Guess we'll see when they get here. See below

Also Luck of the Realms (probably due late September). And the FFBE collab has been partially translated, probably showing up in about three weeks. JP got the first two draws half price for that, and apparently the characters are pretty good (though obviously not great for realm content)

Fry on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Realm Gilgamesh was also datamined for (probably) September 9th.

E:
    Assuming the banners are the same as Japan, they're the "draw three times, get the realm CSB" ones, and are pretty bad.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78419080

Not sure where you're getting 375 from though. It's only half off for the first draw.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Only two awakenings per banner? Yeah, that's a hard sell.

• Options
    Man, that "16 left!" message on the gem-only realm chain selection banner is kinda infuriating.

Like, the idea that they think anyone would be willing to spend $480.00 on this for the chains, such that they'd need a reminder that they sadly can't spend any more money on that particular banner after that.

• Options
    Realm Gilgamesh was also datamined for (probably) September 9th.

E:
    Assuming the banners are the same as Japan, they're the "draw three times, get the realm CSB" ones, and are pretty bad.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78419080

Not sure where you're getting 375 from though. It's only half off for the first draw.

Oh, it's only half off for the first draw per banner, and after that you're paying full price for the other two draws? Blech.

• Options
    If the FFBE banners are the same (only the multiplayer raids are translated, but the event is timestamped), then that banner will have 3 syncs and be half priced for the first two pulls. Like KH, it's buyer beware since those characters aren't likely to get more stuff any time soon, if ever, but it'd be a decent banner if not for that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/f3b490/brave_exvius_jp_megathread_collab/

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    My FF5 Auto-Torment Speed 3 ~20.5s clear

Galuf Dispel CSB DMT (LMR QC3)
    Lenna Hastega R2 Curada (USB Regenga) TGM
    Bartz Earth Quintstrike (GSB+, AASB1) Ace Striker (LM2, T-Cast)
    Dorgan Gaia Force (AASB) MM
    Kelger Grind to Dust (USB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    RW medica, Titan

Kelger summons the RW to delay Galuf, spams Grind to Dust, USB when it's up
    Galuf summons Titan, then the Chain, then spams Dispel because he's Blind and the low SB gain means he doesn't refresh the Chain early
    Lenna spams Hastega until empty, Curadas once, medicas just in time, then spams Curada, but Regenga covers healing for the rest of the fight
    Bartz Glints for SB meter, Quintstrike, AASB, summon Titan, spam Quintstrike
    Dorgann goes AASB, spam Gaia Force

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    If the FFBE banners are the same (only the multiplayer raids are translated, but the event is timestamped), then that banner will have 3 syncs and be half priced for the first two pulls. Like KH, it's buyer beware since those characters aren't likely to get more stuff any time soon, if ever, but it'd be a decent banner if not for that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/f3b490/brave_exvius_jp_megathread_collab/

At least their stuff goes into the general pool for lucky draws, unlike disney stuff (well, I'm assuming).
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Only two awakenings per banner? Yeah, that's a hard sell.

7 items per banner though.

• Options
    I continue to defy odds on these magicite draws.

Quistis empowered G+.

• Options
    Aw cool. Took Gogo's Awakening for a spin on Ifrit, and managed a magic team clear. By the skin of my teeth, though. So that's a proof of concept; when I go after more copies of Ifrit with this team, I'll first get Meia's Glint and OSB, so she can save and spend meter, respectively. Brought Elarra and Aria, so that Aria could finally use her USB on something.

Doing it with 2 Black Mages (Gogo and Meia) was much less stressful than taking Rydia, since Summons can make it so easy to accidentally pop a bunch of the pillars in one go. Instead, I had Tidus take care of them by using Sharpshooter skills and his Chain, since he's got nothing better to do against magic-weak Ifrit.

"Full power" Gogo is fun, though you need to time things just right so that he mimics good stuff, and not Allegro Con Moto.

• Options
    Can you post your team? Ifrit is one of the maybe three remaining I might be able to swing a mage team.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    The team was:
    • Elarra: Mage's Hymn, Passionate Salsa | USB1, Glint+ | Dr Mog's Teachings, LM1, LMR (Bard medica)
    • Gogo: Chain Waterja, Chain Waterga | Glint, USB, Awakening | Dreamguide, LM1, LM2 (Dualcast)
    • Tidus: Sapphire Bullet, Trinity Bombshell | Glint, Chain, OSB | Ace Striker, LM1, LMR (Enwater). No dualcast, because I don't want to have inopportune dualcasts on pillars
    • Meia: Voltech, Chain Waterga | Awakening, Arcane | Heart of Fury, LM1, LMR (Dualcast)
    • Aria: Curada, Allegro Con Moto | USB, Awakening | Mako Might, LM1, LM2
    • Fabula Guardian
    • Leviathan | Famfrit, Ifrit, Madeen, Madeen

Aria's Awakening may be optional, depending on how well you time things, but it helped me not run out of ACM. I actually didn't use any Curada with Aria, so maybe something else could fit there? Giving her both Bard things kinda slows down the rate at which the party gets buffed, though. I had Gogo Glint and USB for some early Enwater stacks in phase 1, and then do his Awakening towards the end of it. Probably it would be better to save it for the start of phase 2 or something. Like I mentioned, I want Meia's Glint, so that she can stack Enwater. Tidus's Glint is useful so that he can dodge Berserk. Aria got Berserked for like 2 turns, so she may be a good pick for stronger MND weapons or something.

I used Passionate Salsa, but Enfeebling Jitterbug or Crushing Tango might be better; Ifrit does an ATK/MAG buff in phase 2, which Jitterbug can erase.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I wonder why I'm fine with fielding 16 elemental teams but hate the idea of building 17 realm teams. Probably because Tyro and Elarra are part of all my Elemental teams and you can't exactly do that on Realm Teams.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    That's kind of it.

Tyro and Elarra form a pretty damn perfect core for whatever team you want to field (usually), and these realm teams kinda strip out that option. You can use one of them, but only one, if you want to have even a whisper of a chance. And sometimes a realm sucks for good supports to entrust to Elarra.

• Options
    I should probably start trying to knock off the other side of the 6* magicites, for the mythril and artifacts if nothing else. Well, and I need to knock off Diabolos, but my holy game grew by three syncs and a gen 2.5 CSB on the side I lacked a gen2 in over the last month, so that's more laziness than anything.

And then I start to think about and list out the ones I would actually stand a chance on and go "Oh, right."

Titan Magic: Gen 2 CSB and... nope. That's it.
    Ramuh Phys: Probably doable with Galuf CSB, Tifa AASB, and... Ingus AASB? Bartz AASB? Would be painful though.
    Leviathan Phys: Claire sync, Prompto CSB. Definitely beatable, even though I have little else.
    Ifrit Mag: Stacked Meia and Gogo CSB plus Luna sync... but summoners not great here, especially since she can't flex out into black magic. Still almost certainly doable though.
    Shiva Mag: Nope. No gen 2 CSB, no fire mage AASBs.
    Valefor Mag: Nope. Gen 2 CSB, no ice mage AASBs.
    Alex Mag: A few AASBs, but only physical chains. Probably doable, but maybe rough with the 40k hit requirement.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I don't have Elarra's G+, so I'd probably be better off putting in Aerith there, since I do have hers (and more last stand is always nice). Otherwise, I've got that whole team minus Gogo's glint, plus Meia's got OSB and BSB (minus wcast, plus start enWater), plus Strago (CSB, Awakening, USB, wcast). Should probably give that a whirl sooner rather than later.

• Options
    I should probably start trying to knock off the other side of the 6* magicites, for the mythril and artifacts if nothing else. Well, and I need to knock off Diabolos, but my holy game grew by three syncs and a gen 2.5 CSB on the side I lacked a gen2 in over the last month, so that's more laziness than anything.

And then I start to think about and list out the ones I would actually stand a chance on and go "Oh, right."

Titan Magic: Gen 2 CSB and... nope. That's it.
    Ramuh Phys: Probably doable with Galuf CSB, Tifa AASB, and... Ingus AASB? Bartz AASB? Would be painful though.
    Leviathan Phys: Claire sync, Prompto CSB. Definitely beatable, even though I have little else.
    Ifrit Mag: Stacked Meia and Gogo CSB plus Luna sync... but summoners not great here, especially since she can't flex out into black magic. Still almost certainly doable though.
    Shiva Mag: Nope. No gen 2 CSB, no fire mage AASBs.
    Valefor Mag: Nope. Gen 2 CSB, no ice mage AASBs.
    Alex Mag: A few AASBs, but only physical chains. Probably doable, but maybe rough with the 40k hit requirement.

Yeah, some of them are just....nah.

Titan and Ramuh are both already down.
    Leviathan magic: no magic chain, only awakening is Ashe. Complete non-starter given the time constraints
    Ifrit mag: see above. 99% sure I've got this one, it's just sitting down and dealing with fucking Ifrit again.
    Shiva mag: magic chain, and I do have one magic fire awakening now. This one feels like there's MAYBE an outside possibility because the walls can be dealt with via physical in a mixed team, right?
    Valefor mag: In retrospect I think I might be able to do. Hell, I might be able to swing this with an FF8 team with an FF8 chain, letting Squall take care of the tornadoes. I should look into that.
    Alex: I have a ton of magic stuff, just need to work something out to do enough OSBs to handle the 40k.
    Diablos: fuuuuuuckno

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wow wow. I guess this is the universe repaying me for no big prizes on the magicite support banner. Use one ticket on 5 and...

Dorgan BSB Imperil earth and attack boost. OK!
    Bartz LMR 3x Spellblade! Finally!
    Lenna USB I don't know. Insta Medica, Regenga and Resist and QC.
    FARIS AASB. Fuck yes. Imperil Fire/Wind, EnEle Wind/Fire. Woooow talk about an upgrade on a realm I had only one AASB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Threw some tickets away:

XV 1/11 - Gladiolus Glint (dupe)
    XV 4/11 - Noctis BSB (dupe), Noctis Glint 1 (dupe), Gladiolus OSB (dupe), Gladiolus OSB (dupe)
    XV 1/11 - Prompto CSB (dupe)

XIV 2/11 - Yda BSB (dupe), Potato USB (dupe)
    XIV 4/11 - Haurchefant USB, Haurchefant USB (dupe), Yda AASB (dupe), ALPHINAUD SYNC!

I was two relics away from being all dupes on five tickets. Good thing that last draw was a nice one!

• Options
    And you got the best reward of all. The ability to fight with Alphinaud’s adorable Moonstone Carbuncle.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I just need to figure out how I'm going to get him enough meter and/or turns - he's also packing his G+/BUSB/AOSB/chain, so I'm definitely gonna need an Entruster.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Maybe you can try out what I do with chain users these days. I give them Mako Might, and save the Chain until they’ve built up 2 soul breaks’ worth of meter. Because at that point, the rest of my DPS is ready to rock, I can maximize the active time for the chain, and the chain user can follow up their chain with a relevant offensive soul break without needing Entrust.

Depending on the fight, getting meter for Alphinaud might be a bit tricky, since summons have such a low use count. I’d give him Dark Valefor and either Curada or Meltdown. Spamming Curada for meter is effective, but Meltdown is moreso, depending on how many hits he takes during a given fight. Depends on whether you want to Sync a heal off of Sacred Soil with Sync command 2. Sacred Soil and Lustrate are real nice defensive spells even without a Curada synced off of them.

I can see him spamming a command for meter, then doing his chain, then Glint+, then instant Sync.

• Options
    Yeah, the only problem I see is that Syncs don't give infinite hones so I can't use Dark Valefor for meter. I need to see exactly what his Sync commands do.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Braska doesn't seem to be able to get enough HP to survive two turns. Maybe Ace has more HP.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    vs Shiva?

Have you given him defensive/HP Crystal Waters and such?

• Options
    I have. He's sitting at 7956 with full dive and water. (no legend board)
    Everyone else is 8481-9860 hp before 3 hp boosts. Apparently 4 HP boosts.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Maybe give him major ice resist. Or defend on an early turn if you need to get set up.

• Options
    Final discount draw - core

Dr Mog wcast wht and trance LMRs

• Options
    One more day until the cash out of single draw tickets. Then I can reassess my Magicite situation and see if I need to spend any more elemental tickets.

I'd like to do the discount draws on the Brave Exvius banner. Cheap draws are always good, and the three characters each have a complete package on the banner, so it's possible to get a fully functioning character with Sync/AASB/Ultra/G+ (AOSB for DPS), and they have LMRs as their LM1s.

I'm more reticent to do the discount draws on the 5 realm banners, since I won't have 125 Mythril to get the free Chain after three draws, and the banners themselves weren't great. I wonder if they'll keep the 7 items at 2% format.

It's also time to start saving for Fall fest Lucky Draws, and more if I want to try for Zidane Sync et al. on the Fest banners. There's too many relics to chase now :cry:

• Options
    Cheap draws are good, but Rain and Lasswell can't be used for realm content, and it will probably be a long time before they get added to the lens shop (if ever). So it's entirely possible to get all USBs and Glints, or just an AASB but nothing to support it, and feel like the mythril was a complete waste. I'm sure some folks will get Sync + AASB + USB for one character on just their cheap draws, but I know if I were to draw, it would end up like Kingdom Hearts where I got suckered in for more draws than I wanted to spend and get back one character who is barely usable on one magicite.

Fina is potentially interesting as a wrath+entrust character that heals while doing it, but she can kind of do that even without any SBs.

Also, I don't want to show any support for the company that makes that game.