As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I'd be tempted to drop Tyro and add WoL so you have four characters that can attack. Definitely make sure Elarra is jamming out on the ATK song, since that would be your only buff.

I think it’s still important to have Tyro, for the USB4. 100% crit rate combined with Elarra’s crit damage buff is a lot of extra power for a physical team.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    All 35 tickets for single pulls at once. Starting with Holy because Diabolos of any kind is still outstanding:
    11th ticket: Yuna AASB
    12th ticket: Yuna USB (Emp. EnHoly)
    33rd ticket: Beatrix SASB (!)

And that's it! Let me tell you I have a VERY bad stomachache from that gap between ticket 12 and 33. Gacha remains the best evidence of our living in either a cold uncaring universe with no god ruled by numbers, or a universe ruled by a malevolent child who pulls the legs off the ants that are us, their creations.

3/5 items is below the EV of 5, which sucks, but 3 new items when I started with 3 items on the banner feels like dodging a bullet? Plus Beatrix Sync is real good.

This leads me to consider Diabolos, again. Picking Arc AASB feels real dumb now, but if I'd picked Rem AASB at the time, I'm sure I would've duped it now.

Holy Magic:
    Elarra G+, USB1, AASB
    Hope Chain, USB2 (Radiant Shield), BSB (only EnHoly source) Could Lens USB1 (EnHoly)
    Pecil AASB, Glint (EnHoly w/o Empower). Could Lens Glint (Emp. EnHoly, QC Knight) and grab his HA.
    Arc AASB, USB (chase)
    Yuna AASB, USB (Emp. EnHoly), AOSB.

Yuna needs Lunar Dragon, leaving Hope with Madeen. Lots of off-healing from Yuna. I wonder if I could drop Elarra and have Yuna DPS-Heal the fight. I don't have any other BDL Holy Magic users though (well, Rydia, who can't EnHoly).

Holy Physical:
    Elarra G+, USB1, 2, AASB
    Tyro Wall, USB4, Glint
    Pecil Chain, AASB, AOSB, Glint (EnHoly w/o Empower). Could Lens Glint (Emp. EnHoly, QC Knight) and grab his HA.
    TG Cid AASB, USB, G+, G (Emp. EnHoly). Has a decent HA.
    Beatrix SASB. Has a very strong HA. Would have to Lens possibly her Glint and/or Ultra.

Could drop Pecil as Chain bearer and RW it, and instead bring WoL with G, G+, AASB. I also have WoL CSB, but that's a lot of meter.

Any hot takes on which route might be easier?

I might go with a physical team.

I’m thinking Pecil (get his stacking Enholy Glint), WOL, and Beatrix.

Since you have Elarra’s G+, you can give WOL Mako Might so that he can more quickly get enough meter for Chain and Awakening. And if he builds meter with Lifesiphon, he may be able to use his normal Glint before Awakening. Tyro can carry Ace Striker and use Wrath and then SG for his first two turns.

No TG Cid over Pecil or WOL?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    All 35 tickets for single pulls at once. Starting with Holy because Diabolos of any kind is still outstanding:
    11th ticket: Yuna AASB
    12th ticket: Yuna USB (Emp. EnHoly)
    33rd ticket: Beatrix SASB (!)

And that's it! Let me tell you I have a VERY bad stomachache from that gap between ticket 12 and 33. Gacha remains the best evidence of our living in either a cold uncaring universe with no god ruled by numbers, or a universe ruled by a malevolent child who pulls the legs off the ants that are us, their creations.

3/5 items is below the EV of 5, which sucks, but 3 new items when I started with 3 items on the banner feels like dodging a bullet? Plus Beatrix Sync is real good.

This leads me to consider Diabolos, again. Picking Arc AASB feels real dumb now, but if I'd picked Rem AASB at the time, I'm sure I would've duped it now.

Holy Magic:
    Elarra G+, USB1, AASB
    Hope Chain, USB2 (Radiant Shield), BSB (only EnHoly source) Could Lens USB1 (EnHoly)
    Pecil AASB, Glint (EnHoly w/o Empower). Could Lens Glint (Emp. EnHoly, QC Knight) and grab his HA.
    Arc AASB, USB (chase)
    Yuna AASB, USB (Emp. EnHoly), AOSB.

Yuna needs Lunar Dragon, leaving Hope with Madeen. Lots of off-healing from Yuna. I wonder if I could drop Elarra and have Yuna DPS-Heal the fight. I don't have any other BDL Holy Magic users though (well, Rydia, who can't EnHoly).

Holy Physical:
    Elarra G+, USB1, 2, AASB
    Tyro Wall, USB4, Glint
    Pecil Chain, AASB, AOSB, Glint (EnHoly w/o Empower). Could Lens Glint (Emp. EnHoly, QC Knight) and grab his HA.
    TG Cid AASB, USB, G+, G (Emp. EnHoly). Has a decent HA.
    Beatrix SASB. Has a very strong HA. Would have to Lens possibly her Glint and/or Ultra.

Could drop Pecil as Chain bearer and RW it, and instead bring WoL with G, G+, AASB. I also have WoL CSB, but that's a lot of meter.

Any hot takes on which route might be easier?

I might go with a physical team.

I’m thinking Pecil (get his stacking Enholy Glint), WOL, and Beatrix.

Since you have Elarra’s G+, you can give WOL Mako Might so that he can more quickly get enough meter for Chain and Awakening. And if he builds meter with Lifesiphon, he may be able to use his normal Glint before Awakening. Tyro can carry Ace Striker and use Wrath and then SG for his first two turns.

No TG Cid over Pecil or WOL?

Oh, my brain completely skimmed over that one.

My first thought is to stick with Pecil, since his Arcane gives him a lot of power right at the end, and he’s got more opportunities to Enholy. But Cid has a lot of speed on his side, and I admit I’ve never had his Glint to test it. So I’d say either of those two could work. I’d keep WOL for his Chain; extra hits up front and the stocked HP are nice, and his Awakening buffs the whole party’s Holy damage.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So searching the mastery thread on reddit is a mess. There's no consistency with how people list character names, soul breaks, and abbreviations, so you basically have to scroll through the whole thing. Blargh.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    eh....well it kinda depends on how you handle phase 3. WoL's GSB+ is Last Stand IIRC right? I don't see a Last Stand outside Elarra's AASB so that might be useful. But TGCid is pretty fast...the thing is depending on your luck you might get 3 diffusions instead of 2 and then you'd better have all your Physical buffs up and a high chain count to make sure he can still contribute. Oh...that's the other thing. TGCid doesn't play exactly nice with your USB4. At least for a couple of turns you will run out of that 100% crit buff.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    True, but don’t 3 characters with 50% crits outplay 1 of 3 with 100%? And that only goes up.

————

Also, help, I don’t know how to assign characters for Historia links.

Edit;

Found it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    It's a pet peeve of mine that's for sure. Knowing Seph/Cloud/TGCid are screwing up with my Crit chance buffs.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    True, but don’t 3 characters with 50% crits outplay 1 of 3 with 100%? And that only goes up.

————

Also, help, I don’t know how to assign characters for Historia links.

Edit;

Found it.

This also took me way too long to find. It's seems very hidden.

I am now done all my Magicite draws and it was a big whiff. Only 2 hits, one a dupe, the other a Yuna USB.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    FFT Dreambreaker to 97.5.

Not sure how to squeeze that last little bit.

• Options
    So Diabolos phase transitions waste a ton of damage when he shifts modes, so that sucks.

Also, what determines whether you should do phase 3 in reality or dream state? Is one for finishing fast vs. slow?

• Options
    So Diabolos phase transitions waste a ton of damage when he shifts modes, so that sucks.

Also, what determines whether you should do phase 3 in reality or dream state? Is one for finishing fast vs. slow?

It's just a different move set. You can dodge pain by swapping, but your best bet is to kill it fast enough to not care, like most things in this game.

Not sure if it's lensable yet, but Tyro glint is super worth it. Use it once when slots 4 and 5 get phased, once at the start of phase 3, and have it in case phase 3 goes long.

• Options
    Tyro Glint is lensable afaik. But yeah, my winning kill was basically switch phase with Ramza's AASB entry and then just wail it fast and hard before he could take a turn.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Hmm. This clear is very similar to what I'm running. This Tyro has his AASB for the ATK buff, freeing up Elarra to use DeDiaja for extra Imperils. My WoL has his AASB though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm7o99Mke1A

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Dang. FFV ticket was a Dorgann Awakening dupe.

You can’t hide from me forever, Bartz.

• Options
    Mine was Galuf's AOSB and a Dorgann LMR.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Ticket was AOSB/11

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    reddit says the next realm/element refresh may be October-ish, so I'm going to try to hold on to my tickets til then.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I was waffling on whether to throw something at V or one of the realms I have no awakenings, but I'm not dying to get anything specific atm.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Tbh just looking overall at my guys there are a bunch of realms I don't have any support/chase USB. I don't mind throwing some stuff here when even if I did Tyro + 2 decent DPS + 1 Healer, I lack some basic tools per realm.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Boo: Ticket got me three fire dupes.

Yay: Daily hit was Penelo G+!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just farming that magia. For some reason.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    reddit says the next realm/element refresh may be October-ish, so I'm going to try to hold on to my tickets til then.

I'm putting tickets right now towards FFXI, which isn't getting anything new in the update anyway.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

I'm putting tickets right now towards FFXI, which isn't getting anything new in the update anyway.

That's a good idea, since I don't have an awakening in-realm.

....and I still don't.

Prishe reduce delay LMR.

Oh, and I got a dupe gladio burst daily yesterday.

....and a daily disco today? Selphie USB3, I guess it is? Heh.
    So she can now, through various means, give me: regenga, hp stock, last stand (via two means), QC2, reraise, astra, major regen, raise, haste, magic blink (via two means, but one is x2), and mag/mnd boost.

I should use her more

• Options
    I wish I she was a teensy bit faster to juggle all that.

• Options
    So tricky business.

When I get to phase 3 for Diabolos, Beatrix has about 3s left before she exits Sync mode, which has an AoE 2x 99,999 finisher. This kills the rift, and puts Diabolos into his dream state. So I can wait 3s and waste TG Cid/WoL Awakening time, or Tyro Glint to remove the debuff and resume DPS, but then I need to kill the Rift again.

Maybe I should sandbag WoL's Awakening until phase 2, so Beatrix's Sync mode expires in phase 2. Hrmm.

• Options
    how are you dealing with Phase 1? I used only USBs to clear it, used two AASBs on Phase 2 and saved one AASB for Phase 3.

• Options
    @silence1186 - sandbag healing.
    When the user gets low on HP, Knightslayer Mode restores some of their HP, grants them Last Stand, and removes Knightslayer Mode, triggering the follow-up ability Climb Break when Knightslayer Mode ends.

You can have that trigger earlier (and may, in fact, be what TRIGGERS phase 3) by putting her into trance range. Diablos doesn't actually deal all that much damage, believe it or not, so what I tended to do was have my healer use Diaja during that stretch (which still gave medicas to keep everyone on their feet) as opposed to focusing on healing.

• Options
    how are you dealing with Phase 1? I used only USBs to clear it, used two AASBs on Phase 2 and saved one AASB for Phase 3.

I turn Beatrix Sync on alongside the Chain, then ~2 turns later TG Cid Wakes up, then ~2 turns later WoL Wakes up (this damage forces phase 2).

Phase 2 lasts about 4-5 seconds.

The Phase 3 transition is messy.

• Options
    You could save Beatrix sync for later in phase 2, so you either win before the finisher (or it finishes the fight). Her USB with chase is still quite good and can push damage well for phase 1.

• Options
    ...huh. this is an actually decent banner. If it were half cost MYTHRIL I'd definitely take a shot.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    ...huh. this is an actually decent banner. If it were half cost MYTHRIL I'd definitely take a shot.

Edward's AASB is supposedly ridiculously good for top end content because you need to squeeze out as much damage as possible. I feel skeptical though, since it seems like at most, it'll only gain you an extra turn during the sync/AASB time. Which is admittedly a lot of damage, but more than you'd get from another DPS? Well, maybe because he can work nearly anywhere and do his thing. Still, I feel unconvinced.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Edward's AASB is supposedly ridiculously good for top end content because you need to squeeze out as much damage as possible. I feel skeptical though, since it seems like at most, it'll only gain you an extra turn during the sync/AASB time. Which is admittedly a lot of damage, but more than you'd get from another DPS? Well, maybe because he can work nearly anywhere and do his thing. Still, I feel unconvinced.

Quina's is the one I seem to recall hearing is common in white odin

• Options
    All four of those support Awakenings are good and potentially worth giving up a DPS slot.

Not giving them money, though. Half price for less than 50% chance to get something useful. Might as well save and do an AASB dream select.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Quina's is the one I seem to recall hearing is common in white odin

Edward has strong points too, but seems to be mostly for the super fast clears. Like, the sub 20s.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78841229

Not sure how viable he is if you're not bringing a super whale team though. Apparently he's used in a bunch of Dreambreakers too.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv6lYlcaXqySd_acK-wGBPg

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Remember when Lucky used to mean 25 mythril?
    38thDoE remembers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Remember when discount gems sometimes meant 500 for a pull and a selection? No way am I going to even consider paying 3 times for less than half the payoff.

• Options

I turn Beatrix Sync on alongside the Chain, then ~2 turns later TG Cid Wakes up, then ~2 turns later WoL Wakes up (this damage forces phase 2).

Phase 2 lasts about 4-5 seconds.

The Phase 3 transition is messy.

Phase 3 transition is messy if you don't have a plan before hand. Lemme see, all I did was:

Phase 3 begins.

Diffusion hits.

Ramza AASB on rift.

wasted a turn (yup) on no damage Lightning.

Then unloaded right away.

I tried using Tyro Glint to Esuna right away but I always ended up taking way too much damage to make leeway into Phase 3.

• Options
    You could save Beatrix sync for later in phase 2, so you either win before the finisher (or it finishes the fight). Her USB with chase is still quite good and can push damage well for phase 1.

Tried this, but it can't work. No matter how late you start Beatrix Sync, the AoE finisher triggers when Diabolos pops Guts with his Overflow attack towards the start of phase 3. Back to the drawing board.

My problem right now is phase 3 starts, all my damage is reduced to 0 constantly, and trying to remedy this wastes 5 or more seconds of BDL time, i.e. the only time you can meaningfully damage the boss. Whoever designed this fight should be thrown in the darkest hole and forgotten about.

• Options
    These record dungeons...

Who could lead the minions of Chaos?
    Chaos?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Made it to phase 3 okay, but I had forgotten to put Guts up way earlier in the fight, and squandered a 20 minute attempt. Whenever I've in danger of actually beating the boss, I always come through and defeat myself first.