As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Selphie Glint. It's new, and an extra clinch healing option so ok.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    VIII: Rinoa G+ (instant empowered en-earth + IC1). Not a dupe, and it's a better source of en-earth than her ancient SSB. Rinoa is probably my weirdest character - the best SBs I have for her all cost 0-1 bars, so her set up is her earth G+, regular Glint (BLM ability boost + QC), and her OSB.

LotR:
    T-0: Ace CSB
    T: Mustadio USB (dupe, +fire gun)
    XV: Prompto G+
    XIV: Alphinaud CSB (dupe, +wind book)
    XIII: Fang LMR (w-cast dragoon)
    XII: Basch OSB, Reks G+
    XI: Aphmau USB2
    X: Jecht USB2 (+dark blitzball)
    IX: Freya USB2
    VIII: Rinoa G+ (earth)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Maintenance is an hour longer this Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Maybe it'll be a plump and juicy one, compared to the stringy and bare one we just had.

Can't wait for next Sunday (not tomorrow), so I can do some relic draws! Patience is hard.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Jebus, this fest keeps giving. New old Seifer BSB. Just raises his defense a large amount.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    So I tried out Ramuh with my current tech and see how good/bad I would do.
    4kdewigkvamy.png

This is basically using Rinoa with her Sync and Maria with her AASB as main dps. The thing that got me tho, is the lack of healing. I was surprised how SB starved Elarra was. So the dilemma. I don't think this one is possible as is. Well. Unless I slot in maybe Yuna for her Boostga BSB? And I still don't have an answer exactly for that overflow attack. I could pull Elarra's BSB from the lens shop.

Or we could just scratch this team and maybe go the physical route with Bartz AASB + BSB. Pull Ingus set in the fest and maybe between Tyro's AASB and Rude's Chain maybe I have a shot? I mean, this also lets me pull his BSB from the lens shop and let him really contribute. Wtf, he has a Last Stand SSB? Hmmm...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well, after much delaying, I finally got around to killing my first Odin.

Rydia - Brothers R4/Titan R4 - LM2/En-earth LMR - AASB/BUSB/AOSB/OSB - Doublecast Summon
    Tifa - Ironfist Earth R5/Meteor Crush R5 - LM1/LM2 - AASB, AOSB, BSB2 - 30% Dagger
    Onion Knight - Meltdown R5/Entrust R4 - LM1 - AASB - 30% Weak
    Nanaki - Wrath R5/Entrust R4 - N/A - CSB/USB2 - Battleforged
    Rosa - Wrath R5 - LM1 - USB2/Glint - DMT
    Fabula Healer

This took forever to get right, but mostly just came down to meter management. Rydia is a wrecking ball until the last phase, then falls off a cliff, which made it hard to close out the fight. The secret sauce turned out to be making sure to have Nanaki's earth shield up to shoot the chain counter high enough for overstrikes to finish Odin off. Ironfist Earth tends to be just shy of breaking rage modes, so Tifa actually uses mostly Meteor Crush just to guarantee the rage count stays as low as possible. Adamantoise is summoned just before Lightning Zanokuken to guarantee that I don't need to heal between then and Gungir. Then somebody entrusts Rosa and I spam a mix of Rosa USB2s and Fabula Healers to live through the rest of the fight.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Daily hit: Tama USB! Not sure when I'll ever use it, but I'm all set for Beyond synergy! :P

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    And there's Odin #2. Lightning this time.

Edge - Flash Disaster R4/Ripper Bolt R4 - N/A - SSB - Mako Might
    Garnet - Dark Ixion R4/Allegre con Moto R4 - N/A - CSB/USB2 - DMT
    Ashe - Chain Thundaja R5 - LM2/LMR1 - AASB/AOSB/OSB/Glint - 30% Weak
    Onion Knight - Voltech R5/Dispel - LM1 - AASB/mUSB - 30% Lightning
    Rosa - Wrath R5 - N/A - USB2 - Battleforged
    Fabula Mage

This felt less tight than the earth clear, mostly due to Ashe's Glint alongside Garnet's Radiant Shield making it easy for her to cap her overstrikes in the last phase. I don't even know how optimal my timings were. I tried delaying OK's AASB until he could cast mUSB first, both for the damage boost and to keep him online in the last phase, but I don't know how much it mattered. Fabula Mage was just used for extra damage in the last phase, not rage management; it probably could have just as easily been Fabula Healer for safety.

The question now is whether I can get three more. Dark and Holy aren't worth attempting, but Fire should be a lock, and the other three feel at least somewhat within the realm of possibility.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Fest info

Lots here.
    record boards free draws, lucky draws, new abilities both ruby and sapphire, magicite grinding intensifies etc.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Well... Sure let's roll the dice. Hey Reno USB... Yeah wut ever. OK you know what, I'll use this ticket on the Earth Banner.
    HOLY SHIT Rydia AASB!?

Hmmmm... Fudge. Should I just grab Red XIII's CSB and go to town on Ramuh with Maria, Rinoa and Rydia?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    My first 2/3 for like three RoPs.

...And it's Cloud's useless speedup LMR and Sephiroth's OSB, both dupes.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I hate having this stupid ticket. I'm already tempted to use it. I tried a sim draw for guaranteed disappointment to remove the urge, and it gave me Tyro's AASB and Elarra's Glint+. Then it gave me two copies of Elarra's AASB.

E:

Don't forget that Infernal Raids now give level 3 anima lens. A very, very tiny amount, but they do give something besides gil now.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    VII: Red XIII CSB (dupe). Bleh.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    VII: Red XIII CSB (dupe). Bleh.

Same here, I duped your dupe!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    T0: Deuce USB (apparently the bad one)
    FFT: Ramza USB (holy abilities cause 4 hit follow up.) eh?
    XV: Ignis LMR good if I'm using him. I should probably lens his BSB someday after pining for it. Never used edge's either.
    XIV: Yda USB Dupe (I think I have all three relics from this realm, obviously I would get a dupe)
    XIII: Serah Damage reflect USB. Good I guess?
    XII: Larsa USB esuna, astra, instant hp and regen. Better than his BSB probably?
    XI: Curilla USB non instant pro/shell/last stand and cause knight abilities to restore 1.5k to front row. Makes me think higher of Larsa USB! goodness!
    X: The same Auron BSB dupe I pull like every X discount draw.
    IX: Steiner's Lol USB dupe.
    VIII: Rinoa OSB Earth. Eh? I guess it could come in handy. Was hoping for something better.
    VII: Zack USB. This thing is actually awesome. I don't think I could have beaten Titan without it. Too bad its a dupe.

Honestly, I'm getting a great 6* rate, but I don't think I've ever done this terrible on the draws. Nothing great yet. Last one I got Yuffie AASB on the 7th.

I think I missed all my chances to help on 6*, so that sucks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh for fuck's fucking sake.

I no longer have the ticket.

But I do have two more fucking copies of fucking Tyro's fucking USB1.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Oh for fuck's fucking sake.

I no longer have the ticket.

But I do have two more fucking copies of fucking Tyro's fucking USB1.

Urgh, I'm sitting on 4 tickets and I just wanna pull...

Edit: Screw it, pulled:

I: 1/11, disco - Wol USB1. Not gonna complain about Torment tech.
    XII: 2/11, no discos - Vaan LMR1 (debuff length), Vaan LMR3 (w-cast Thief)! +20 ATK on Vaan and w-cast is definitely much better than I was expecting from two rainbows!

Darklyre on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Infernal multiplayer was not that bad. Did have to try a couple times to actually get connected, though

• Options
    give me all your Red XIII dupes to me :(

Then again I finally saw the Ramuh fight and you know what. Maybe I'll skip it. It just seems so nasty.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Finally got Elarra AASB with this ticket! Good luck to everyone still trying for this.

Vii was 2 disco's, dupe aerith usb2 and yuffie usb2.

Edit: Got Biggs USB too, which means I now have his glint/en-earth lmr/USB. He actually seems pretty good for rage-breaking and imperiling with heavy with all that.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Last few pulls have been a roller coaster.
    Extra wind draw got me a dupe of Alphinaud’s LMR. I get the feeling I’m going to get much the same in a couple days.

FFVII draw got me Tifa’s friggin’ Sync. That threw me quite a bit, and I’m suddenly wondering if I have a shot at Ramuh between that and Ingus’s Awakening.

• Options
    You know, knowing that I have the tech for it, I'm going to start some real attempts on Ifrit. I still haven't made up my mind on my free AASB or 100 mythril pull but if Tidus' AASB is the thing that makes the difference I might grab it. I'm still wondering how necessary is Elarra's AASB for the remaining 6* magicites tho.

• Options
    Stop hogging all the luck!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Well, I also recently spent 50 mythril and 2 tickets on a total of 5 dupes and nothing else, lol.

• Options
    I was getting tired of whiffing on the lightning banner for a gen 2 chain, so I tossed the ticket at XV specifically aiming for Prompto's.

Naturally a miss but a new Cor AASB isn't a bad consolation prize.

• Options
    I was getting tired of whiffing on the lightning banner for a gen 2 chain, so I tossed the ticket at XV specifically aiming for Prompto's.

Naturally a miss but a new Cor AASB isn't a bad consolation prize.

It works SO WELL with the 6* samurai abilities.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Things lined up so I ended up getting two draw tickets on the same day! Yay!

So I went back and blew both of them while half-asleep on the FFRK Core draw. Maybe not so yay.

Results?

1) 3/11, 2 disco. Tyro BSB (Protectga/Shellga with 1 level magic blink, user gets haste and burst mode), Tyro OSB (pure physical massive attack and small ATK/DEF/MAG/RES buffs to the party)...

Elarra Awakening. Just... look at this thing. "Instantly restore a very large amount of HP to all allies, raise any KO'd allies and restore a very large amount of their HP, grant all allies Last Stand, grant them Haste, and temporarily grant the user Awoken Magika Mode (Grant unlimited use of white magic and bard abilities, reduce delay of the user's white magic and bard abilities, and cause white magic and bard abilities used by the user to trigger the follow-up ability Magika Cantus, restoring HP to all allies. Amount of HP restored depends on the triggering ability's rank (up to 5 ranks).

That's a freaking reset button if I ever saw one. It looks like it would play off Tyro BSB pretty well, too. But I don't have anything else to really combo it with once she pops her Awakening... oh, wait...

2) 2/11, 2 disco. Tyro USB2 (Divine Veil dupe), Elarra USB1 (Magika Album)! I love it when problems just go and fix themselves. That Regenga is insane.

I think I just sleep-pulled into a second healer. I ought to see if I could brute-force some of the early Nightmares with this.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    You know, knowing that I have the tech for it, I'm going to start some real attempts on Ifrit. I still haven't made up my mind on my free AASB or 100 mythril pull but if Tidus' AASB is the thing that makes the difference I might grab it. I'm still wondering how necessary is Elarra's AASB for the remaining 6* magicites tho.

It's nice to have for an emergency Last Stand, but not strictly necessary. It's even less necessary if you're running two healers, and the other one has Last Stand - I'm running Elarra alongside Aeris USB2 for Ifrit, for instance.

• Options
    The trick with Elarra is that the quickcast from her USB1 is so useful that it’s sometimes tricky to find a place to fit in her Awakening, because you’ll ideally want everyone acting faster as often as possible. For Mage teams that’s not really an issue, as she can use her awakening to spam Allegro Con Moto to make the casters faster (unless they’re a Dark user using Touched By Darkness). For a physical team, it can help to have someone to Entrust her a bit of extra meter, so that you can get both soul breaks running at the same time.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh boy! My third copy of Locke's CSB!

sum to date
    T-0: Machina CSB
    T: Ovelia USB2
    15: Cor AOSB
    14: Papalymo OSB dupe
    13: Serah CSB
    12: Ashe G+
    11: Zeid USB dupe
    10: Yuna USB2
    9: Zidane OSB dupe
    8: Seifer AASB
    7: Cloud LMR dupe, Sephiroth OSB dupe
    6: Locke CSB dupe

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Edgar USB/3 ability boost, qc, imperil chase

Not worthless!

• Options
    edited March 2020
    omg. It's actually something useful! On a guy I have a Glint! Edit: and I have his En Earth Materia too!!! Wow thank you Gacha Jebus.
    ip5je9qhfc5w.png

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    By the math, we should be getting 2.5 times as many disco balls as rainbows for the parade

Right now I'm at 1.3 discos per rainbow :X

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Not worthless!

I also got this!

But mine was a dupe, so totally worthless!

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    By the math, we should be getting 2.5 times as many disco balls as rainbows for the parade

Right now I'm at 1.3 discos per rainbow :X

Sorry.

I think I've only gotten one rainbow so far?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Not worthless!

Tbh that USB + Edgar being a Machinist made him a mainstay of my 5*Magicite teams. And my FF6 clear too!

• Options
    T0: Deuce USB (apparently the bad one)
    FFT: Ramza USB (holy abilities cause 4 hit follow up.) eh?
    XV: Ignis LMR good if I'm using him. I should probably lens his BSB someday after pining for it. Never used edge's either.
    XIV: Yda USB Dupe (I think I have all three relics from this realm, obviously I would get a dupe)
    XIII: Serah Damage reflect USB. Good I guess?
    XII: Larsa USB esuna, astra, instant hp and regen. Better than his BSB probably?
    XI: Curilla USB non instant pro/shell/last stand and cause knight abilities to restore 1.5k to front row. Makes me think higher of Larsa USB! goodness!
    X: The same Auron BSB dupe I pull like every X discount draw.
    IX: Steiner's Lol USB dupe.
    VIII: Rinoa OSB Earth. Eh? I guess it could come in handy. Was hoping for something better.
    VII: Zack USB. This thing is actually awesome. I don't think I could have beaten Titan without it. Too bad its a dupe.
    VI: Setzer BSB dupe. When does the hurting stop?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    VI: Terra BSB1 (dupe).

Holy crap what a waste of 5 mythril.

• Options
    Cyan’s BSB (non-elemental, gives party 50% crits). Would’ve been pretty good in its heyday, when crit-based Samurai stuff was new. The lack of Fire hurts it, though.