As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MVP letter:
    Fest info

FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper welcomes its 5th anniversary on 3/25/2020 (PST)! Thank you for your support throughout the years!

On 3/24 PST, events for the 5th anniversary will begin!

■Login Bonuses
    ?5th Anniversary Special Present
    At 12:00 AM 3/25 PST (8:00 AM 3/25 UTC), 30 Mythril will be sent to commemorate the 5th anniversary.

?5th Anniversary Login Bonus
    To mark the opening of the 5th Anniversary Carnival, a login bonus will begin at 5:00 AM 3/25 PST (1:00 PM 3/25 UTC), offering 5th Anniversary Relic Draw Tickets, Mythril, and other great rewards.

?5th Anniversary Special Login Bonus
    Celebrate the 5th anniversary starting 5:00 AM 3/25 PST (1:00 PM 3/25 UTC) with this login bonus, and get 5th Anniversary Relic Draw Tickets based on how many total days you've logged in to the game!

■Free 5th Anniversary Relic Draws Abound!
    We're gifting everyone with two free Relic Draws to celebrate FFRK's 5th anniversary!

?5th Anniversary Present Relic Draw
    The free, one-time-only 5th Anniversary Present Relic Draw opens at 12:00 AM 3/25 PST (8:00 AM 3/25 UTC).
    After making an x11 draw, you can choose one bonus elemental set of selected relics! There are nine sets in all, and each includes an Awakening, Arcane Overstrike, and Legend Materia relic. The bonus selection period ends at the same time as the draw itself, so don't delay!
    * A set will be chosen for you at random if you did not make your selection in time.

?5th Anniversary Relic Draw
    The 5th Anniversary Relic Draw opens at 5:00 AM 3/25 PST (1:00 PM 3/25 UTC).
    With this relic draw, you can use the 5th Anniversary Relic Draw Tickets you obtained from bonuses like the 5th Anniversary Login Bonus to make x10 draws. Each draw guarantees one 6★ relic. Don't forget that you can receive multiple tickets, too!

■5th Anniversary Carnival
    ?Tidings from the Black Crystal
    Tyro and the others have become trapped in a record, and someone--or something is to blame. Earn the power of the crystals to strengthen your party and escape the record!
    If you defeat your enemies without the crystals' power, it seems like something else might happen...

・Record Keeper Archives
    Battle powerful enemies as you relive 5 years of FFRK!
    Enemies from the past such as Sephiroth return in this event, and some of them have the same power level as when they first appeared. Take them on again with your favorite party!
    Complete dungeons to get Job Motes, 6★ Motes, and Anima Lenses, and other rewards.

・Fantastic Feast
    Get tons of Orbs and upgrade materials from the Fantastic Feast!
    Collect Feast Coins from the dungeon and exchange them at Dr. Mog's Feast Exchange for rewards!
    Entering the Fantastic Feast dungeon requires 1 Stamina and 1 Feast Ticket.

・5th Anniversary Gift Dungeons
    New dungeons are added every day for 12 days. Complete them to get fabulous rewards like Mythril, Orbs, Crystals, and Anima Lenses!

・The Shadow's Design
    Powerful foes like Shadowsmith stand in your way in this challenging dungeon.
    Borrow Dr. Mog's power to overcome the odds!
    See what happens to Shadowsmith's form when you fight him without Dr. Mog's power!

■5th Anniversary Celebration
    ?Phase 1
    Water-elemental Syncs for Onion Knight and Rikku debut! Plus new Awakenings for Noel and Quistis.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 3/25 PST (1:00 AM 3/26 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/29 PST (12:59 AM 3/30 UTC)

?Phase 2
    Earth-elemental Sync for Rydia debuts! Plus new Awakenings for Yuffie and Vivi.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 3/27 PST (1:00 AM 3/28 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/31 PST (12:59 AM 4/1 UTC)

?Phase 3
    Fire-elemental Syncs for Noctis and Locke debut! Plus new Awakenings for Sephiroth, Balthier, and Sabin.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 3/29 PST (1:00 AM 3/30 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/2 PST (12:59 AM 4/3 UTC)

?Phase 4
    Wind-elemental Sync for Alphinaud debuts! Plus a new Awakening for Porom.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 3/31 PST (1:00 AM 4/1 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/4 PST (12:59 AM 4/5 UTC)

Enjoy the celebration!

■Record Board
    At 5:00 AM 3/18 PST (1:00 PM 3/18 UTC), the new Record Board feature will be added!
    Using the new 6★ Motes, unlock spheres on the Record Board to boost heroes' stats, learn skills, and obtain exclusive Hero Abilities.
    This time, Record Boards for 31 heroes will be added, including Onion Knight, Rikku, Rydia, Noctis, Locke, and Alphinaud!
    More heroes' Record Boards will be added in the future.

We hope you enjoy this new feature!

■Kite's Treasure Trove
    Kite's Treasure Trove opens for business at 5:00 AM 3/18 PST (1:00 PM 3/18 UTC)!
    The treasure hunter Kite has amassed a range of rare items while exploring ruins of records, and offers them as merchandise available for trade with certain items.
    Some of the items offered have limited availability or are only restocked periodically, so be sure to check out the lineups every now and then!

■Devotion Login Bonus
    At 5:00 AM 3/18 PST (1:00 PM 3/18 UTC), a new login bonus will begin! This bonus awards Mythril and Bonus Relic Draw Tickets based on the total number of days you have logged in to the game.
    You can use the Bonus Relic Draw Tickets you get from the Devotion Login Bonus in the new Bonus Relic Draw. One ticket is good for one x11 draw!

If you've already accumulated a lot of days logged in, you'll get a bunch of rewards right off the bat, so don't miss it!

■FF VIII Event
    The Voice in the Void event will begin at 5:00 PM 4/16 PST (1:00 AM 4/17 UTC).

Syncs for Squall and Rinoa debut in this event!

Squall's Sync is called Cross Your Heart, and it comes with the powerful Sync Abilities, Renzokuken Ice Strike and Renzokuken Ice Wave! Depending on which one was used, every second Sync Ability used will trigger the follow-up ability Chase Blade!

Renzokuken Ice Strike: Deal six physical ice and non-elemental attacks to one enemy, and increase the damage of the user's spellblade abilities a moderate amount for one turn.
    Renzokuken Ice Wave: Deal three physical ice and non-elemental attacks to all enemies, and increase the damage of the user's spellblade abilities a moderate amount for one turn.

?Renzokuken Ice Strike Sync Ability Follow-Up
    Tsuigekiken Ice Rift: Deal physical ice and non-elemental damage to one enemy, and reduce delay of the user's spellblade abilities for one turn. Can break the damage cap.
    ?Renzokuken Ice Wave Sync Ability Follow-Up
    Tsuigekiken Iceberg: Deal four physical ice and non-elemental attacks to all enemies, and reduce delay of the user's spellblade abilities for one turn.

With both single-target and area attacks in one Sync, Squall is the best looking guy here!

Rinoa's Sync is called Angel Wing Cross! Its Sync Abilities are Truespell Chillfrost and Truespell Icefury, and it causes every third ice ability used to trigger the follow-up ability Ice Age, dealing magic ice and non-elemental damage that can break the damage cap to one target!

Truespell Chillfrost: Deal six magic ice and non-elemental attacks to one enemy.
    Truespell Icefury: Deal three magic ice and non-elemental attacks to one enemy, and increase the damage of the user's ice abilities a moderate amount for three turns.

Record Boards for Squall and Rinoa will also be added with this event!

You're-going-to-like-this-event... You're-going-to-like-this-event...

* Please note that changes may be made without notice.
    ---

We sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

The MVP Team

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Daily hit: Scott Super.

Meh. Off-healer medica. Not...worthless?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    The salt tomorrow morning will be real.

Eyeballing the Altema sim on the 110 draw (they got up to 11 tickets total for it, 5 for login, 5 max for 'devotion', and 1 for twitter campaign), seems like the median is 2 AASBs across the whole shebang, so quite easy to go 0, 1, or even two dupes.

E:
    Oh, wait. They don't open the draw until the 25th, even though they give tickets tomorrow. Uh, whatever.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You can't feel bad if you don't pull!

Also green shop refreshes tomorrow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

We get a Realm/Element ticket tomorrow, we can all look forward to feeling bad about that at least!

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »

We get a Realm/Element ticket tomorrow, we can all look forward to feeling bad about that at least!

I attempt to rationalize comfort by thinking that if I rolled bad enough to not get a hit on the Core banner, there sure as fuck wasn't any way I was going to get a hit on any of the banners where the odds were way worse.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hoard realm tickets until after the fest, it might change your needs.

• Options
    Anyone have info on what is changing about realm element banners? Has there been any new relics for core?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Anyone have info on what is changing about realm element banners? Has there been any new relics for core?

Not for us, I don't think. Japan had new Dr Mog stuff on the beach banner we're apparently skipping so far. Since it's not really desired though, all it does is dilute the 6* pool.

Unfortunately, the things I'm really hoping for is Elarra's AASB and G+, and there's a microscopic enough chance of drawing those two specific relics that I don't think it's worth planning for. If I find Tyro's AASB too though, I'm done wasting tickets on core.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    How many types of tickets are we getting? I couldn't parse the mvp letter.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    How many types of tickets are we getting? I couldn't parse the mvp letter.

Just two. The 50 draw is replaced with a ticketed 10 draw (one guaranteed 6* per x10). Japan had up to 11 tickets for this; 5 for login, 1 for twitter campaign, up to 5 more depending on total # of logins. You need 1700 days to hit the max here (thresholds for Japan were 1 day, 300, 700, 1200, and 1700).

The other are just regular elemental/realm tickets, up to 10, given out with mythril, up to 120, based on total # logins. You need 1800 to hit the max here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/d2lob0/jp_veterans_pension_fund_rewards/

The MVP letter seems a bit confused though. They refer to the 'devotion' tickets as x11 draws that can be used for the thing that they said were x10 draws only. It's possible they're doing something different for Global, or are just confused.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Not for us, I don't think. Japan had new Dr Mog stuff on the beach banner we're apparently skipping so far. Since it's not really desired though, all it does is dilute the 6* pool.

Unfortunately, the things I'm really hoping for is Elarra's AASB and G+, and there's a microscopic enough chance of drawing those two specific relics that I don't think it's worth planning for. If I find Tyro's AASB too though, I'm done wasting tickets on core.

I'm with you @ArcTangent the only thing I want from Core is Elarra's AASB and to be honest, I think I'm just better off pulling on other banners at this point.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Another day, another dupe

1/3: Bartz Arcane dupe

• Options
    Galuf QC LMR/3

....this is, weirdly, possibly the most useful relic I could have gotten from the realm for Ramuh.

• Options
    1/3 Krile (earth) USB dupe.

Not even sure what a good draw here would have been though. Luck has still fallen off a cliff after that Seifer AASB, and even that's of dubious value.

Really looking like this is going to be another RoP where if you had told me the raw number of discos and chains, I would have said great, but the actual results are of virtually no use.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hm. A dualcast Thief LMR for Faris.

Is her Imperil Wind USB considered good still, or is this something to save for if I get her Bubsy some day?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Is her Imperil Wind USB considered good still, or is this something to save for if I get her Bubsy some day?

Good enough for me to lens it for Titan *shrug*

• Options
    Is this the same relic list as the realm banner? With all it’s events and love how does five not have a sync?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Huh, neat. What was the team like?

• Options

Zidane (awakening, glint, USB2, OSB, wcast LMR)
    Cloud (USB1, USB2, G+, enWind LMR)
    Faris (CSB, USB2, longer breaks LMR, IC BSB which I can't remember if I used?)
    Tyro (USB1, USB3, IC LMR)
    Elarra (USB1, BSB)

I've gotten a piece or two to make things easier since then, but I think that was my first clear team

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    V: Bartz AASB2!

Finally, Bartz and his AASB2 can take a spot on my wind team in place of...Bartz...and his...AASB1. Huh.

• Options

Elarra (USB1, BSB)

I've gotten a piece or two to make things easier since then, but I think that was my first clear team

Neat.

The biggest fly in the soup is that my only Awakening for Wind is also on Cloud, and I don’t have an ATK-focused Wind chain. But I’ll keep this in mind.

Seems that the wind Imperil for Faris was more in service of making her extra useful on top of using her Chain.

• Options

Elarra (USB1, BSB)

Neat.

The biggest fly in the soup is that my only Awakening for Wind is also on Cloud, and I don’t have an ATK-focused Wind chain. But I’ll keep this in mind.

Seems that the wind Imperil for Faris was more in service of making her extra useful on top of using her Chain.

Yep. Tyro was largely an entrust bot to her.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was basically my Titan team.

Zidane AASB, OSB, USB2, wCastLMR
    Cloud USB1, USB2, AASB, AOSB, Much Sword and wCast LMR
    Faris CSB + USB2
    Tyro USB1, AASB IC LMR
    Elarra USB1, USB2.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Dupe Gogo 6* glint. I didn't even know I had this already.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Did my Luck of the Realms draw pretty late today, and I guess it paid off? I only got the one disco ball, and I was really confused when it looked like a clown hat.

Turns out that clown hat is a water chain, so that's really neat! It's basically my only water tech right now, but it's a solid start at least.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Missions:
    5 magicites
    7 4* or higher magicite
    14 5* or higher magicite
    Manticore Magicite dungeon

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Bonus Tickets:

3/11
    Cid IV USB dupe
    Fran USB
    Paine LMR dupe

1/11
    Krile BSB dupe

1/11
    Vivi USB

3/11
    Ace USB dupe
    Ward BSB (LOL)
    Kefka OSB

2/11
    Yda LMR
    SHANTOTTO CHAIN!!!

3/11
    alphinaud chain dupe
    Cid raines bizarre glint
    rydia enearth BSB

3/11
    balthier glint dupe
    Angeal USB
    Lightning AASB

1/11
    Kelgar LMR

1/11
    Minwu en holy LMR

I feel like a whale so many pulls. Couple of prizes too!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    9 pulls here for 1780 logins, best I got was Golbez CSB and some LMR's though. Didn't see a single AASB, but got a whole lot of dupes.

Free is free though, felt pretty fun regardless.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    1812 days. Damn. Started during the 2nd week of the 1st event, Tifa/Sephiroth. What a roller coaster of emotions it's been.

• Options
    Some neat stuff from the bonus tickets, including Ingus’s earth chain (probably gonna stock with Nanaki), Zidane’s Imperil Ultra, and Edward’s Imperil Holy Burst that annoyingly doesn’t stack with Ramza’s chain.

Wind ticket got me some dupes and an Enwind LMR for Luneth.

———————

Record Boards are really neat. It got me to finally get Cloud’s useless LM2 so that I could enter his board. At which point I got him a bunch of HP and ATK, 400 Magia, a physical damage bonus and a couple types of speed boosts. I also got Elarra a delay reduction.

I wish I had infinite motes for the boards, haha.

• Options
    So it turns out that the Magia panels on the record boards don’t give you 400 points to spend; instead they give the character Magia exp equivalent to winning 400 fights.

Which is still a significant amount; just want to make sure people don’t think it’s more than it is.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Yeah for Bartz that would be like 4 magia for me...
    huge difference.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    9 tickets for a whopping 4 discos, three of which were OSBs, and the lone USB was a dupe.

Only thing even approaching decent was Locke's glint.

So I immediately threw the tickets at the core banner and got... Biggs's glint, yet another fucking copy of Tyro's USB1, another copy of Elarra's USB1, ANOTHER fucking copy of Tyro's USB1, another copy of Tyro's glint, and FUCKING FINALLY Elarra's AASB. I am free from this fucking stupid fucking core fucking banner fucking forever.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Huh, I'm only 1623 days, so I don't even get the last mythril prize. Nice that is not a one time thing and we can earn up, though.

• Options
    2/11: dupe seifer burst, dupe OK mUSB

... And then stopped. Are these the same tickets as the realm/elemental draw?

• Options
    I don’t think so. I believe these tickets can only be used on that bonus banner.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Yo dawg, I heard you like grinding magicites

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Yo dawg, I heard you like grinding magicites

I think they eventually cut the number while keeping the rewards the same.

• Options
    I don’t think so. I believe these tickets can only be used on that bonus banner.

Yeah, looks like not

2/11: Freya break USB, Rinoa awakening 1! I have both of hers now!
    1/11: Maria wcast USB!
    1/11: dupe shantotto glint
    1/11: Vincent qc LMR!
    1/11: seifer wcast LMR!
    1/11: noctis awakening!
    3/11: dupe Tyro glint, Zack wcast LMR! Dcecil awakening!
    3/11: auron BSB, dupe gaff BSB, dupe Beatrix USB

7 solid gets, including 3 awakenings and 3 lmr for awakening/chain holders, is pretty goddamn good