As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I think I preferred having a week to do Magicite Dailies, as opposed to one a day. I just know I'm going to forget eventually.

It does at least force you to spread out the pain a bit. I've had too many times where I had to crank out a whole bunch of magicites on the last day of the month.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    Edge AASB, nice! He's never joining my Ifrit team, but I immediately sub-30'ed the ffiv torment.

Don't sleep on Edge for Ifrit (unless you have like, Yuffie AASB). He can take Ifrit apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnGF83kBmk

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So either the Syldra or the Madeen with Spell/Blade Ward, then.

Once he has inheritance unlocked, I figure he replaces Adamantoise.

imho, it's best if he replaces Syldra. The awesome thing about having Titan is that he can clear a guaranteed Wall and he always breaks rages. So you don't have to depend on OSBs or Cloud to keep rages in check which in turn means Cloud does more damage per turn.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Question, should I just inherit health and healing boon on Levia too? I'm gonna try to go for Ifrit tonight.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    is today the first lucky draw?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I would assume so.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mmmm.

I’m so tempted to roll on tonight’s FFVI banner just because it’s FFVI good stuff. But I think I probably shouldn’t? It’s a lot of Fire tech, and a Fire Sync for Terra. All of which is well and good, but I feel like it wouldn’t help me out significantly? For physical Fire, I’ve got Cor and Auron Awakenings, plus my choice of 3 different physical Fire chains. Getting Cyan’s or Edgar’s Awakening would just make me have another Awakening to slot in, rather than be a big game changer. And getting even more power for Terra is nice, but I kinda feel like it wouldn’t push my magic Fire team above my physical one for taking on Shiva; I think I’d need an Awakening for Vivi or Papalymo or someone for that to happen.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Question, should I just inherit health and healing boon on Levia too? I'm gonna try to go for Ifrit tonight.

It's not a bad choice.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

I would assume so.

Usually, yes, the lucky draws start on the same day as FF3 of the parade. I think this time the lucky draws might start the day after the parade is over, though, since the actual fest banners are still like a week away, for whatever reason

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Today's bonus ticket: Vincent CSB!!! Beatrix en-Holy LMR!
    Well... when it rains it pours. No more worries about manticore.

• Options
    Oh yeah, Vincent’s real nice as a chain holder. He can be good for physical as well, seeing as he’s a Machinist and his soul breaks are dual-nature.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I sunk a lot of resources into Vincent planning on getting his chain and it just never happened.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Mmmm.

I’m so tempted to roll on tonight’s FFVI banner just because it’s FFVI good stuff. But I think I probably shouldn’t? It’s a lot of Fire tech, and a Fire Sync for Terra. All of which is well and good, but I feel like it wouldn’t help me out significantly? For physical Fire, I’ve got Cor and Auron Awakenings, plus my choice of 3 different physical Fire chains. Getting Cyan’s or Edgar’s Awakening would just make me have another Awakening to slot in, rather than be a big game changer. And getting even more power for Terra is nice, but I kinda feel like it wouldn’t push my magic Fire team above my physical one for taking on Shiva; I think I’d need an Awakening for Vivi or Papalymo or someone for that to happen.

I forgot Shiva is a thing. Hmmm. My Fire tech is good I guess? Got both chains, got a bunch of AASBs (Bartz, Barret, Rydia, Terra) that I could use for this one. tbh, I wonder if I should keep trying for that Earth 2 chain (Banner 2), go for Noodle Prince (Banner 3) or just save for Rinoa+Squall?

• Options
    Ok you know what, I just saw Shiva. fuck that gen 2 chain, I'm gonna try for Noctis. Worst case scenario, I get a bunch of much needed Fire tech. That fight looks tanky.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    5 tickets on core draw:
    Tyro OSB dupes,
    Dr Mog LMR (double cast white yeah that's real helpful, let me take out Elarra and slot you in you stingy moogle. I bet your diploma isn't even signed!)
    Biggs USB (which doesn't even give en earth so meh)
    Elarra USB1 Dupe
    Tyro Glint ( okay its new at least on someone I use)
    Elarra AASB! Finally! and 5 tickets to spare!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I looked at this banner for anti-Shiva tech, and am not a fan. Edgar can't be a primary DPS, even with both his prizes here because Shiva has two guaranteed enFire strips, which leaves only two possible fire hits, one mage, one physical.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I think Dr Mog’s Dualcast White LMR is meant to be used offensively with his USB. He can dualcast Holyja and do a healing chase off of it.

That, or as some support in a Core synergy team, with his Chain.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Catching up on realm dungeons: been a looong time since I've seen any FFT spell quotes, but I got three in one fairly short fight. Slow, Delirium, and Moogle Cure. Kupo, kupo, kupo, kupo

Fry on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ooh, do you recall what Delirium was? It’s been some time since I went out to record any new ones.

I do quite like the one for Moogle.

“Kupo, Kupo, Kupo, Kupo! Spin ‘neath the light, snow-white Moogle!”

Befuddle was also neat: “Cast wide your mind to thoughts unbound, with neither shape nor light to guide.”

Enlong on
  • Options
    Alright. Took a bit to find what needed to change to make a Titan-summoning team work, but I got it down and got my other 3 Titans. I assume that the way to go is to inherit two earth boons from Adamantoise, seeing as (when not fighting Titan), the simmon is geared towards doing lots of Earth Damage.

• Options
    I mean, if you think you can defeat all the other 6 stars, then sure. Until then Titan is likely going to be main magicite in every single one of your teams because he does a ton of damage very quickly. Also unless you are dumping arcana on him it takes a while. I think I beat Titan 3+ months ago and have been using him in every battle and he still isn't max level yet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh, I went and fed him a ton of Arcana, yes. With my 5-star plans down to swapping out extra Wards for HP on a few of them, I’m not likely to use a lot of Arcana elsewhere (and Kite exists now, so.)

So is the idea, then, to change around his inheritance occasionally to a boon/ward relevant to whichever Magicite I’m trying to kill at the time?

• Options
    Alternatively, since you've got a team which you can beat him with AND HAVE THE PATTERN IN MEMORY.....get another four.

Have one of them get your two +earth inheritance, and the other have a more general purpose bend.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Put HP+healing or Spell Ward+Blade Ward on your first 6* magicite, IMO. That way you can use it for everything. If you put Empower Earthx2 on your Titan, those slots are dead when you are using it in any team that is not dealing earth damage.

Fry on
  • Options
    Also note that you can't put two of the same 6 star in your team for reasons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Probably to keep us from replacing literally everything but Madeens, with the first one, lol.

I could go and inherit another blade and spell ward, or ATK Boon and MAG Boon, into the current one, and then try to clean up another 4.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Heh. I can already tell that Titan’s going to be a nice way to tell early fights in weekly events to piss off immediately.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh for fuck's fucking sake.
    1/3 disco that turned into a froofy flower thing, so I was like "Oh, nice. Must be an Aria thing and I could use an Aria thing."

No, it's fucking Desch's CSB. So now I have both gen 2 magic lightning CSBs.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Dupe mUSB. Second dupe of that item during fest :p

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    III: OK CSB! That's actually incredibly useful and exactly what I need to take down D??? Ahriman!

LotR pulls so far:
    T-0: Ace CSB
    T: Mustadio USB (dupe, +fire gun)
    XV: Prompto G+
    XIV: Alphinaud CSB (dupe, +wind book)
    XIII: Fang LMR (w-cast dragoon)
    XII: Basch OSB, Reks G+
    XI: Aphmau USB2
    X: Jecht USB2 (+dark blitzball)
    IX: Freya USB2
    VIII: Rinoa G+ (en-earth)
    VII: Red XIII CSB (dupe)
    VI: Terra BSB1 (dupe)
    V: Bartz AASB2 (+wind sword)
    IV: Decil LMR (en-dark)
    III: OK CSB

Decided to use up my five remaining realm/elemental tickets as well:
    C: 2/11, Biggs Glint (empowered en-earth), Wedge Glint (empowered en-wind). I've got Biggs's en-earth LMR and Wedge's USB, so not useless.
    C: 1/11, Wedge Glint (dupe). Blah.
    C: 3/11, Dr. Mog Glint (instant Wall), Dr. Mog Glint (dupe), Tyro Glint (Esunaga + 2000 HP medica). Useful, at least!
    I: 1/11, WoL LMR (QC3). Not bad, gonna need it for the I Torment.
    XII: 1/11, disco, Vaan AASB! Hell yeah, I've finally got a decent shot at the XII Torment!

I honestly can't complain about my recent draws.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    So are you supposed to do dual healer on the CPU because I can't stay alive to get the attack node down even with Elarra AASB
    Got it.

Didn't we do sigfried already?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    First daily of the month was a shared Medica hat. I can barely contain my excitement.

III pull was Arc Glint+. Water and holy imperil plus a turn of quickcast. Sure, why not.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    III pull got me onion awakening.

Also both 5* ice magicites finally down. Got manticore before onion awakening, but it helps speed it up.

So that's both fire, both ice, and physical earth done.

Confident I can do the rest, just need to figure out my teams.

• Options
    Because I can not control myself around FFVI, I pulled anyway. Came out with Cyan’s Awakening, which as previously mentioned is real nice. Issue is that Cor’s awesome, and Auron has an OSB and Arcane alongside his Awakening. It does make my FFVI synergy team noticeably stronger for a pure Fire strategy, though.

FFIII ROP dropped Aria’s Awakening. On the face, this is really good. Awakens WHM and Bard, making them chase with a Curada Medica. And the initial cast gives the party Powerchain. This is almost better than Elarra’s. Problem is that my other Aria stuff is her weak-ass anti-Fire tech. If I get her USB2 someday, we may be in business. Til then, I think she’s best suited to either a Mage team or III synergy.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @UrQuanLord88 im sure you can! List your holy assets. I beat that guy with no chain or AASB. It just took a bit.
    My attempts are with:
    Ramza 564 atk Affliction Break Wrath BSB2/USB1/Chant Mako Might
    Hope 544 mag Lunar Dragon Curaise CSB/BSB DMT
    Orlandu 775 atk Healing Smite Assault Sabre USB/BSB/OSB Scholar's Boon
    Marche 559 atk Divine Cross Guardbringer USB Knight Abiltity+
    Agriasa 760 atk Aegis Strike Assault Sabre AASB/AOSB Holy Damage+

Notable subs:
    Onion Knight p.USB
    WoL AOSB/USB/BSB/Glint1/Glint2
    P.Ceil AASB/AOSB/USB123/BSB12/povertyCSB
    Celes AASB/USB/OSB
    Beatrix BSB/OSB/Glint
    Lightning? USB3?

I'll probably sub P.Ceil for Orlandu or something
    I can hardly hit the damage cap, let alone overflow

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Because I can not control myself around FFVI, I pulled anyway. Came out with Cyan’s Awakening, which as previously mentioned is real nice. Issue is that Cor’s awesome, and Auron has an OSB and Arcane alongside his Awakening. It does make my FFVI synergy team noticeably stronger for a pure Fire strategy, though.

FFIII ROP dropped Aria’s Awakening. On the face, this is really good. Awakens WHM and Bard, making them chase with a Curada Medica. And the initial cast gives the party Powerchain. This is almost better than Elarra’s. Problem is that my other Aria stuff is her weak-ass anti-Fire tech. If I get her USB2 someday, we may be in business. Til then, I think she’s best suited to either a Mage team or III synergy.
    Hey, I got your Aria USB2. Sorry.

Tough to complain given what a desolate wasteland the FF3 healing relic pool is.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @UrQuanLord88 im sure you can! List your holy assets. I beat that guy with no chain or AASB. It just took a bit.
    My attempts are with:
    Ramza 564 atk Affliction Break Wrath BSB2/USB1/Chant Mako Might
    Hope 544 mag Lunar Dragon Curaise CSB/BSB DMT
    Orlandu 775 atk Healing Smite Assault Sabre USB/BSB/OSB Scholar's Boon
    Marche 559 atk Divine Cross Guardbringer USB Knight Abiltity+
    Agriasa 760 atk Aegis Strike Assault Sabre AASB/AOSB Holy Damage+

Notable subs:
    Onion Knight p.USB
    WoL AOSB/USB/BSB/Glint1/Glint2
    P.Ceil AASB/AOSB/USB123/BSB12/povertyCSB
    Celes AASB/USB/OSB
    Beatrix BSB/OSB/Glint
    Lightning? USB3?

I'll probably sub P.Ceil for Orlandu or something
    I can hardly hit the damage cap, let alone overflow

Deathgaze is the PHYS-weak one, so you're way better off with Pecil's G0.5 CSB than Hope's since Pecil can actually do damage. If I had to rework your team I'd go with:
    Pecil - CSB/AASB/AOSB
    Lightning - USB3
    Agrias - AASB/AOSB
    Celes - AASB
    Any healer OR Orlandeau w/USB
    RW Wall

Deathgaze doesn't do very much damage, so with enough damage output you just might be able to go fast enough to skip the hurty turns. If you can't, throw in a random healer and you'll be fine. You can easily fit in Hastega/ProShellga between all the knights, if you don't already have a healer G+.

DMT and MM goes on Lightning/Pecil. Lightning beats Marche because her LM2 gets her a much faster start. When Pecil gets close to 4 bars, go CSB>AASB and have everyone else drop their AASBs at the same time. At that point just smack Deathgaze in the face until it dies. Between Awakening mode, Agrias's imperil chases, and the chain field effect, you're not likely to need a boostga.

If the fight goes long, have Lightning reuse her USB3 after every third chase - you need as much party QC as possible so that Pecil/Agrias have enough meter to AOSB before the chain ends.

Edit: If you're still having damage issues, remember that Pecil's AASB triggers off of holy, so you can totally stick De'Dia on him to try and stick some imperils.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »
    Edge AASB, nice! He's never joining my Ifrit team, but I immediately sub-30'ed the ffiv torment.

Don't sleep on Edge for Ifrit (unless you have like, Yuffie AASB). He can take Ifrit apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnGF83kBmk

Wow that is some crazy damage. I was going to use Rikku's realm CSB along with Paine/Tidus, but I can actually replicate this one as well now.
    I did notice that the 7 hits and fast cast speed of that ninja ability reallly make a huge difference in damage output.

Edit: And my third AASB in this LOTR, OK AASB! The animation for this one is cool, each FF3 warrior of light giving their orb of light to OK in order to power him up.

So far for me it's:

T0: Queen AASB
    T: Ramza Glint+
    XV: Dupe Gladio OSB
    XIV: Ysh Glint+
    XIII: Fang USB
    XII: Balthier LMR
    XI: Dupe Totto USB
    X: Tidus BUSB
    IX: Dupe Kuja AOSB
    VIII: Dupe Selphie USB
    VII: Yuffie USB2 and Dupe Aerith USB2
    VI: Gau USB
    V: Dupe Gogo Glint+
    IV: Edge AASB and Ursula Glint
    III: OK AASB

All around this has been some great value for mithril.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So Lucky Draws will be Sunday/Monday/Tuesday then?

• Options
    So Lucky Draws will be Sunday/Monday/Tuesday then?

That would match up to when they were last year, so seems probable.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Latest update in Japan introduced Time rewards for 6* Magicite, including gating the Magicite themselves behind a 2 minute clear. So long, Radiant Shield!

Blargh.