As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor: Martyr] I MISSED THE SEASON OF MALEDICTION

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I'm going to make another try at this with the new season start. Is it better to just bumrush the story or muck around with side stuff?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Unless you are Tech-bro who starts at the end of the base campaign I'd say at minimum you will need to go as far as having all the vendors (campaign progression) and void crusades (level 35) available on your ship as in past seasons they have all been necessary for seasonal progression. I don't think it's all that much further from there to finish out the Martyr campaign and if you want to interact with the ordos factions stuff you'll need to finish it up and start a bit of the prophecy campaign until you have met all three. I know that finishing the prophecy campaign hasn't been required in the past.

Edit: Double checked when some things unlocked.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Are they dropping the Sisters of Battle dlc with this season?

• Options
    Sounds like mostly try to steam through the story, and do side stuff if it unlocks something. Will try. Next to decide what to run as. Thinking something up close and personal.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Are they dropping the Sisters of Battle dlc with this season?

Doesn't look like it. The mentioned lore items that can be found this season that hint at things to come so it seems like they are planting the seeds this season with an appearance next.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I'm going to make another try at this with the new season start. Is it better to just bumrush the story or muck around with side stuff?

i just do side stuff until i'm blue in the face

• Options
    Unless you are Tech-bro who starts at the end of the base campaign I'd say at minimum you will need to go as far as having all the vendors (campaign progression) and void crusades (level 35) available on your ship as in past seasons they have all been necessary for seasonal progression. I don't think it's all that much further from there to finish out the Martyr campaign and if you want to interact with the ordos factions stuff you'll need to finish it up and start a bit of the prophecy campaign until you have met all three. I know that finishing the prophecy campaign hasn't been required in the past.

do they unlock at levels or at story beats? i've never been super sure of that. i know the magos biologis is a story thing and i think the general dude is too. oh and maybe the artificer?

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Magic Pink wrote: »

do they unlock at levels or at story beats? i've never been super sure of that. i know the magos biologis is a story thing and i think the general dude is too. oh and maybe the artificer?
    The people on board all seem to be once you encounter them in the story. The possible exception may be the guy you can run the DLC things Priority Assignments with. I know Void Crusades are listed in the compendium as level locked at 35. The two crafters are story for sure. Really wish they would just let you skip the Martyr campaign with all the classes for seasons. Tech-Adept spoils me with all the people being there right away.

Edit: Oh Tarot is story as well since they make a point about them in the story.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options

The people on board all seem to be once you encounter them in the story. The possible exception may be the guy you can run the DLC things with. I know Void Crusades are listed in the compendium as level locked at 35. The two crafters are story for sure. Really wish they would just let you skip the Martyr campaign with all the classes for seasons. Tech-Adept spoils me with all the people being there right away.

Edit: Oh Tarot is story as well since they make a point about them in the story.

blast and damnation that means i'll have to hit story first as a psycher

• Options

The people on board all seem to be once you encounter them in the story. The possible exception may be the guy you can run the DLC things with. I know Void Crusades are listed in the compendium as level locked at 35. The two crafters are story for sure. Really wish they would just let you skip the Martyr campaign with all the classes for seasons. Tech-Adept spoils me with all the people being there right away.

blast and damnation that means i'll have to hit story first as a psycher
    Yeah. Really wanting to be a heavy flamer crusader as they called out changes to it (among other Crusader weapons) in the notes, but having to clear most of the campaign makes me want to just go Tech-Adept again.
    Tweaked the Heavy Bolter, the Multi-melta, the Heavy Flamer, and the Melta Gun to have new effects and new skill mechanics.
    Under the Season 5 section of the compendium.

• Options
    Heavy flamer is WONDERFUL, go with that

• Options
    Sounds like mostly try to steam through the story, and do side stuff if it unlocks something. Will try. Next to decide what to run as. Thinking something up close and personal.

I've never managed to make a melee build, let me know if you find any good ones

• Options
    edited June 2022
    New season is live!
    u0i62gbvizlm.png

Edit: By the end of Chapter 2 you'll have both crafters, priority assignments, and Tarot unlocked. I also chose to skip the tutorial which started me at level 5 and marked off the first few missions pretty much starting me off at chapter 2. Running all the missions on easy and with some +xp gear I finished that at Level 19. Not sure the requirements to skip the tutorial, but if you've played previously then it's probably an option. The morality system doesn't kick in until near the end of the campaign if I remember correctly so I may push through to make sure I have that unlocked.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    i fukken hate this one so much
    Complete a Void Crusade with all Info Fragments within 60 minutes (On-mission Timer)

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Complete a Void Crusade with all Info Fragments within 60 minutes (On-mission Timer)

There are guides for that on Steam fyi.

• Options
    Ardol wrote: »

i know i just hate doing it

also not super psyched (ha) with my psycher, i forgot how hard they are to play especially without pyromancy

i'm trying a warp damage centered build and we don't even get a skill tree for that for some reason while you do for his other damage types

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »

i know i just hate doing it

also not super psyched (ha) with my psycher, i forgot how hard they are to play especially without pyromancy

i'm trying a warp damage centered build and we don't even get a skill tree for that for some reason while you do for his other damage types

Because it's heresy

• Options
    so aether blade + maelstrom + crit tree + AOE tree makes me into a horribly murderous roomba. I can clear most missions in under 2 minutes. the only problem is it still isn't translating well into red difficulty

also did they change how void crusades work all of a sudden? if i unlocked a mission i used to be able to go out and level up somewhere else and go back in, that doesn't work anymore; the mission levels up with you now

• Options
    Seasonal boss missions are rough at level +4. Three blighthaulers! Thought it was going to be impossible but I managed to peel one off and then open it up with an Eviscerator.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    First mission failure. Trying to protect the tech-priest from 3 waves without a real gun is tough.

I've been doing everything at hard, so maybe I'll drop this one back down

Chrysis on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Alright I hadn't played this since 2018, reinstalled it and made a seasonal assassin, because it said "shotgun" and I wanted to play a shotgunner in an ARPG.

There is a lot of shit in this game! I don't remember most of it! What should I do to make my character good?

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    I'm currently running a shotgun crusader build myself and trying to figure that out myself. Most everything melts though; just everything is faster and more responsive. I've only hit issues at around +6/7 level missions such as void crusades. And mostly around living (or alternatively not killing fast enough). Though I haven't really found equipment beyond a few pieces that sort of synergize and I've only just started slotting runes into items.

Since I played in 2020, things feel a lot snappier and faster than even their initial revamps. It really felt like most things will tear through most early/mid game content.

I've largely built around crit, aoe, and the current season's buff. I picked up a relic that triggers the judgment spells on hit which is pretty nuts. I'm pretty sure I need a few more rune combos slotted.

• Options
    My crusader with an eviscerator is currently running roughshod over any heretic who dares to stand in my way. I'm almost finished the first tier of the seasonal rewards, just got to try and farm up more cortex fragments. The drop rate for them is not great!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Alright I hadn't played this since 2018, reinstalled it and made a seasonal assassin, because it said "shotgun" and I wanted to play a shotgunner in an ARPG.

There is a lot of shit in this game! I don't remember most of it! What should I do to make my character good?

look at the attacks you like to use, find their traits (like long-range, warp, heat etc) the dump points into the skill trees that boost those.

Also, always put points in health, defense and movement speed

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Finally got there! Now I need another 100. Also they want me to defuse skull traps? How do I do that if I never stop wildly sprinting for enemies waving a two handed chainsword wildly?

• Options
    Finally got there! Now I need another 100. Also they want me to defuse skull traps? How do I do that if I never stop wildly sprinting for enemies waving a two handed chainsword wildly?

i know right they crazy

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    V Rising keeps 86ing the servers I’m playing on so I will probably fire this up again and see how far I can get into the season.

• Options
    I really like V Rising but I'm putting it on the back burner until they finish it. The whole game just really seems to be hunt up the super vamps and then it's over. i need a lil more than that

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I was still puttering around in the irontier and working on my castles. I was REALLY enjoying putting the flourishes on my second castle.

• Options

i know right they crazy

Somehow I managed to defuse 1? I didn't stop wildly swinging, so ...?

• Options

i know right they crazy

they're very easy to hit around corners and in one of the last patches they added some that are inside rooms rather than just in doorways

• Options

i know right they crazy

they're very easy to hit around corners and in one of the last patches they added some that are inside rooms rather than just in doorways

You say that as if there isn't a constant barrage of explosions and chain lightning due to my 30% judgement spell on hit done force field.

• Options

i know right they crazy

You say that as if there isn't a constant barrage of explosions and chain lightning due to my 30% judgement spell on hit done force field.

what i'm saying is it's now easier than ever to just accidentally do it without meaning to, which is a great thing

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So experience is a lot faster to come by now eh? It took me like 40 hours to get level 35 back in 2018, now I'm about 7 or 8 hours into this season and am like level 33. I wish any of the other guns for the assassin grokked with me at all, but so far it's just the shotgun that feels fun.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So experience is a lot faster to come by now eh? It took me like 40 hours to get level 35 back in 2018, now I'm about 7 or 8 hours into this season and am like level 33. I wish any of the other guns for the assassin grokked with me at all, but so far it's just the shotgun that feels fun.

i liked the poison sniper a lot

• Options

i know right they crazy

what i'm saying is it's now easier than ever to just accidentally do it without meaning to, which is a great thing

I misread hit as see, somehow, and then stuck to it after I noticed.

This character is working great now, but isn't going to work outside the season.

• Options
    So I'm going to have to do a void crusade for the first time. I've got enough for Zircon. Should I try to clean it out or just head for a boss for the clear my first time?

• Options
    So I'm going to have to do a void crusade for the first time. I've got enough for Zircon. Should I try to clean it out or just head for a boss for the clear my first time?

If you aren't max level yet, I would go for a hardcore all-clear since you need to for the season anyway

• Options

If you aren't max level yet, I would go for a hardcore all-clear since you need to for the season anyway

Level 51, so nowhere near max. I found a guide for ebony which seems more doable than zircon, and I'm pretty close on ebony shards so I might wait and start with 1 of those.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular