As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Time to jump on in on that 399 turnip action! Gonna need two trips...

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Log in to hop on Silverwinds generosity, and I have kk slider in town. Cue unskippable music and credits, sigh.
    Will try to hop over after it’s done, hope this isn’t too long.

Edit: since I’m waiting, anything in particular you’re looking for?

eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    Log in to hop on Silverwinds generosity, and I have kk slider in town. Cue unskippable music and credits, sigh.

An answer as to why black cosmos aren't breeding!! ... Nah, I'm good, thank you! :lol:

I'll be here all morning, I'm lucky to be able to WFH

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

An answer as to why black cosmos aren't breeding!! ... Nah, I'm good, thank you! :lol:

Are you the character just sitting at the front?

I love this town. Thanks for the good deal!

• Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    @MuddBudd , do you still need a magic circle rug? I bought a couple extra from Saharah yesterday, and can order more from the catalog now as needed.

e: typo

Oh I totally forgot, yes, I do!

<snip>

edit: I need more coffee to handle quote trees properly, apparently.

My gates are open; dodo code is 1Q5WR. I’ve left a magic circle rug near the airport for you. I don’t need any payment for it, but I’d love three bags of white wildflower seeds for hybrid growing if your nook store has any in stock today (I already have red and orange).

Anti-Sean on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Got in and out. I forgot only needed two trips to buy because I couldn't access the ATM.

Thanks! When it isn't Turnip Day I'll have to come visit and see what you did with the island. :D

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    @MuddBudd , do you still need a magic circle rug? I bought a couple extra from Saharah yesterday, and can order more from the catalog now as needed.

<snip>

My gates are open; dodo code is 1Q5WR. I’ve left a magic circle rug near the airport for you. I don’t need any payment for it, but I’d love three bags of white wildflower seeds for hybrid growing if your nook store has any in stock today (I already have red and orange).

I'll be over shortly. If my nooks doesn't have white windflower seeds today, I have some planted I can bring over instead.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'm stuck on a 4-start town rating, and she keeps telling me I need more decorations. Is there some sort of trick to this? I have stuff all over a fairly developed town, and I've taken to just crafting and dumping piles of shit on the beach. Still nothing.

<snip>

I'll be over shortly. If my nooks doesn't have white windflower seeds today, I have some planted I can bring over instead.

Great, thanks!

I’m in a meeting at the moment, so if I’m AFK and unresponsive, don’t take it personally. :)

Yep, that's me! Thank you!

rndmhero wrote: »
    I'm stuck on a 4-start town rating, and she keeps telling me I need more decorations. Is there some sort of trick to this? I have stuff all over a fairly developed town, and I've taken to just crafting and dumping piles of shit on the beach. Still nothing.

I ran into the same issue and yesterday crafted a whole bunch of stuff and tried to strategically place at least a couple in each grid on the map. That seems to have worked

signature.png
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Turnips are going for 399 here this morning

93K9P

Tips are appreciated but not mandatory!

Thanks for this! Heading over now.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Turnips are going for 399 here this morning

93K9P

Tips are appreciated but not mandatory!

Thanks! I left you a rocking chair.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Huh, I guess I left some turnips in another room of my house and forgot. Time for another trip I guess.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    EVFXCS3U4AEpKFp?format=jpg

What in paganism did I let into my town

Donnicton on
    Donnicton wrote: »
    EVFXCS3U4AEpKFp?format=jpg

What in paganism did I let into my town

Wow, that's the entire constellation set. That's 12 months of meteor showers right there.

• bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Nothing exciting in my town this morning, just CJ buying fish and turnips selling for 148. I'll check in after lunch and see what the price is then.

If @SilverWind's gates are still open in a little bit, I (well my son) may stop buy to sell some turnips if that's ok. He only has a few stacks so it shouldn't take long. I didn't get any last Sunday because the stress of dealing with r/acturnips or whatever seemed too much, but everyone in here is super chill and it seems easy enough to turn a profit. I had been tarantula farming on nook mile islands to get money, but it's not as easy/fun now since the water bugs showed up and made it more complicated.

May hit up some open gates this afternoon for some island hopping... my kids love seeing how other islands are laid out, which villagers everyone has, and checking out the different stock in the stores. What's the etiquette for visiting other islands? Not messing up people's flowers is a given, and I wouldn't take any fruit off trees without asking (not really necessary anymore since we have all types growing on our island now). Seems like checking out the stores would be fine, as long as we don't buy the limited supply items. Is going inside houses to check them out ok? What about talking to villagers... will that mess up people's games at all?

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    I have...a long way to go for 5 stars.

bobross.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020

Yep, that's me! Thank you!

Aw cool! I was going to leave a nook miles ticket but had to go for parenting reasons. I’ll be sure to get it for you next time.

And in other news, I am fully prepared:

davidsdurions on
    bficky wrote: »
    Nothing exciting in my town this morning, just CJ buying fish and turnips selling for 148. I'll check in after lunch and see what the price is then.

If @SilverWind's gates are still open in a little bit, I (well my son) may stop buy to sell some turnips if that's ok. He only has a few stacks so it shouldn't take long. I didn't get any last Sunday because the stress of dealing with r/acturnips or whatever seemed too much, but everyone in here is super chill and it seems easy enough to turn a profit. I had been tarantula farming on nook mile islands to get money, but it's not as easy/fun now since the water bugs showed up and made it more complicated.

May hit up some open gates this afternoon for some island hopping... my kids love seeing how other islands are laid out, which villagers everyone has, and checking out the different stock in the stores. What's the etiquette for visiting other islands? Not messing up people's flowers is a given, and I wouldn't take any fruit off trees without asking (not really necessary anymore since we have all types growing on our island now). Seems like checking out the stores would be fine, as long as we don't buy the limited supply items. Is going inside houses to check them out ok? What about talking to villagers... will that mess up people's games at all?

Talking to villagers shouldn't change anything, neither will going inside homes.

Generally yeah, rule of thumb is don't pick the flowers or fruit without asking, don't dig up any buried things, don't mess with bell trees.

edited April 2020
    Hopping back over to Repose to sell my last few turnips, I'll be fast!

MuddBudd on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Thanks, my wife had asked me to sell turnips for her if I got the chance, so done!

What is this I don't even.
    bficky wrote: »

If SilverWind's gates are still open in a little bit, I (well my son) may stop buy to sell some turnips if that's ok. He only has a few stacks so it shouldn't take long. I didn't get any last Sunday because the stress of dealing with r/acturnips or whatever seemed too much, but everyone in here is super chill and it seems easy enough to turn a profit. I had been tarantula farming on nook mile islands to get money, but it's not as easy/fun now since the water bugs showed up and made it more complicated.

Yep, I'll be here until the noon price changeover (which is in another 38 minutes). :D Feel free to explore/buy whatever you'd like! The only thing to be careful of is the flowers, I have them all over the place

signature.png
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Thanks for enduring my multiple trips! I’m dropping off a blue police box that showed up randomly in my town. It seems bigger on the inside...

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    We can't escape Repose! So many people flying in we can't leave!

hahaha

I ran into the same issue and yesterday crafted a whole bunch of stuff and tried to strategically place at least a couple in each grid on the map. That seems to have worked

Hmm, this is interesting advice. I definitely have a bunch of stuff clumped up, while other areas are pretty bare. I'll try spreading things out today.

She re-evaluates during the day, right?

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    People with super dense orchards: do you have issues with bells/fossils spawning under the canopy that you end up not being able to see?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

hahaha

Stay... foreverrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh god, the bell chime

Hmm, this is interesting advice. I definitely have a bunch of stuff clumped up, while other areas are pretty bare. I'll try spreading things out today.

I wasn't able to determine this perfectly, as I built a bridge overnight. It may be that the bridge pushed me over, but it also may be a day by day evaluation as even after I placed my last item last night she was saying I needed to decorate more

signature.png
    Brody wrote: »
    People with super dense orchards: do you have issues with bells/fossils spawning under the canopy that you end up not being able to see?

I made my orchard super compact, mostly because I want to keep fruit available but not dedicate much space to it. I definitely lose stuff in there, and it can be a bit of a pain. If it's small, then it's pretty unlikely such a tiny part of your island will spawn much. If you're making something larger, probably leave yourself some space.

I am annoyed with the landscaping paths not being able to connect with done building fronts and especially not being able to connect to the town square. Not having a transition between the path and town square is going to drive me insane.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Not so far but I've only had the orchard for a few days

dN0T6ur.png
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I am annoyed with the landscaping paths not being able to connect with done building fronts and especially not being able to connect to the town square. Not having a transition between the path and town square is going to drive me insane.

I round my paths off to give it some sort of a visual endpoint. It bugs me too!

signature.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Weird thing about paths: they're actually made of the material they say they are. If you play down, say a stone or brick path you can't dig into it; if you lay down a dirt or sand path, you can. This means that fossils/eggs can spawn under some paths but not others.

Which would have been nice to know before I laid down a bunch of dirt under my fun park in an attempt to prevent those things from doing just that. Imagine my surprise.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    @SilverWind , thanks again for the turnip sales!

@Anti-Sean , thanks for rug! It really ties the room together.
    gSPUiF3.jpg?1

Also, for the people who like making zen/meditation zones, my Nooks has this today.

IlmLe9c.jpg?1

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

hahaha

Stay... foreverrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh god, the bell chime

I wasn't able to determine this perfectly, as I built a bridge overnight. It may be that the bridge pushed me over, but it also may be a day by day evaluation as even after I placed my last item last night she was saying I needed to decorate more

Left a Meme Shirt as thanks.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Wait, shit. Was that the rug for sale yesterday? Argh! I popped out so as not to clog stuff up but I neeeeeeds me one of them.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    How does terraforming work with already-placed bridges and slopes? Do they just disappear?

Also: How does moving a resident's house work, exactly? You tell Tom you want to move someone, then he tells you to go talk to that person. What happens next?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    How does terraforming work with already-placed bridges and slopes? Do they just disappear?

Also: How does moving a resident's house work, exactly? You tell Tom you want to move someone, then he tells you to go talk to that person. What happens next?

You talk to Nook, say "let's do it!" and he calls in the resident. The resident always agrees because who wouldn't want The Player Character to choose a new spot for their house?

Then you get a bundle just like you did to set up tents or whatever, and you go pick the new spot. The next morning, the house will be at the new spot.

Idk about terraforming with already-placed bridges - I imagine you have to use the demolish option to take out the bridge or incline first.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Yep, you definitely have to demolish the bridge or incline first or else you won't be able to touch it or the tiles around it

signature.png
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, shit. Was that the rug for sale yesterday? Argh! I popped out so as not to clog stuff up but I neeeeeeds me one of them.

I have two spares in storage, and 1 extra laid out in my house that I can part with if demand dictates and people need them now, without having to wait for catalog orders. I’ve already maxed out my catalog orders for today, but I can order more tomorrow and have them available on Friday. I’m also happy to leave one out for people to pick up/put down to add to their own catalogs.

It’s a standard medium rug that costs 1,500 bells, so I’m not worried about the price. I’m in need of basic seeds for cosmos, lilies and mums, though, if anyone feels like leaving a few of those in return for a magic circle rug.

I’ve opened back up and am dropping a magic circle rug by the airport now-ish. Dodo code: N0XH4.

Noontime has rolled over and the turnip market has crashed. Thanks for visiting, everyone, and for the tips! <3

signature.png
This discussion has been closed.