As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    It's nice that the Nook Mile islands give you a way to farm materials, but I kinda miss the hand crafted island from New Leaf? It was just a more enjoyable place to spend time overall.

That said, the main island in New Horizons feels a lot better. So there's that.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I haven't looked up anything as to what unlocks, but for some reason I assumed every island having a dock meant that eventually you could go to the kappa island, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my end

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I too am eagerly awaiting the opening of the museum.

g9fl06vypumk.jpg

My first tree furniture that I found was this... thing. It went almost straight into the dump, but first:

iibkj201jmjt.jpg

Get em up put your dukes up now.

• Options
    By the way, GameXplain already has a item duping glitch on their channel. It involves having two characters playing locally.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I was stacking all my stuff outside but then was able to put the bugs into my house storage space once it unlocked. It’s excellent this game has the options.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Visited two more islands to get enough ore for the store. Met a villager on each, a Hippo and a Goat. Passed on both. Got some Hyacinths and Cedar and Mom Fruit [Apple] trees out of it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I went to four different islands to get enough iron for the shop. The shop and the museum are on the way! Also, one of the islands had bamboo? @Sarksus gave me peaches, so I have apples and peaches and my native fruit is cherries. I paid off my first loan so I've got that coming.

We have two switches but one physical copy of the game so my wife and I have been swapping it back and forth, expecting we wouldn't have too much to do each day and that might have been wrong. Also, plz add me and give me more fruit k thanks 2669-4208-9101

Oh, and I got a sweet loft bed out of a tree and it rocks. I love that I can put my switch on the desk in it.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Gondor calls for aid.
    ey4t7hb7ct1w.jpg
    And Bikini will answer.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I wonder if you’ll still get random resident move ins or if it’s all by meeting animals on islands now?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    xgkbrk9jmegs.jpeg
    Look, it's me!

t6x2lbngub8v.jpeg
    Me and my roomie trading

c1ktrubonqa7.jpeg
    It was legit my birthday yesterday :biggrin:

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Happy birthday for yesterday! Ignore the broccoli thing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Okay, it's not loan sharking this time it's just straight up communism and indentured servitude. Thanks Tom. lol

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Stayed up for Blathers to show up and buried him in fossils and fish. Got my museum coming soon, and finally got Nook's Cranny so I've been dumping fish and bugs into the Dropbox. I have enough bells to finish my second home loan but I'm gonna wait and see what I can but later. I have officially Too Much Wood®

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    If you have a My Nintendo account and Pocket Camp all linked you can get a code for New Horizons that adds Pocket Camp item for purchase from the machine.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    And now I can post some pics. A convoluted process, but I am now ready for my world tour.

First off is my home base of Avalon. As of now, we ain't got shit going on and it's a complete mess 😄.

n8v8bsg9xpe6.jpg
    cc8ctvm0oclu.jpg
    retyr3mg8619.jpg
    s3r3flqu6cag.jpg
    fmih5sq3xhq8.jpg

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    I wonder if you’ll still get random resident move ins or if it’s all by meeting animals on islands now?

You don't need do invites. I passed on all the villagers I met on islands, so the three that moved in this morning were chosen randomly.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Edit: nevermind. Did my math wrong.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    My gates are open. Enjoy some cherries!

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    6pewgd5.jpg
    Ayyy

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    How the hell did we lose the ability to put Turnips in storage?!

I bought mine at 109 before remembering that's a dumb thing to do (my rule had been "never buy over 100") but I'll chalk that up to the adorable new salespig(let). She won't get me next week, though.

• Options
    So is there always a profit point on turnips or is it definitely possible to lose money?

• Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    You can lose money

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    So can you choose what type of island you fly to? My first journey was a big waste. Same fruit. Harvested some wood and metal and brought back some coconuts, but overall pretty underwhelming.

as far as I know the islands will always have the same fruit as you

Definitely not, I’ve found a couple islands with exotic fruits already. I’m liking The random islands as a source for new resources and sonething to do when you’ve tapped out your main one for the day.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    The random islands are critical if you're sharing a switch, since iron and wood are really only abundant enough for one person. I've leaving all the resources on the island alone so my wife can have something. She's also not getting a bunch of the main story beats or rewards. It's not a good statement for multiple people on one console.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    You can lose money

Although with a robust online friends network (like this thread) that risk is mitigated fairly dramatically.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Is there some amount of progression you have to do before the turnip seller shows up? I couldn't find her anywhere this morning. I guess it's also possible she spawned up on the cliffs where I can't go yet.

• Options
    antherem wrote: »
    Is there some amount of progression you have to do before the turnip seller shows up? I couldn't find her anywhere this morning. I guess it's also possible she spawned up on the cliffs where I can't go yet.

She only appears between 4:00 to 8:00 on Sunday mornings. It's possible your Switch is not set to the correct date or time, or you woke up too late and missed her.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

She only appears between 4:00 to 8:00 on Sunday mornings. It's possible your Switch is not set to the correct date or time, or you woke up too late and missed her.

She stops at noon, not 8.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    You can lose money

Although with a robust online friends network (like this thread) that risk is mitigated fairly dramatically.

Yeah, the last time I played with PA folks, in Wild World, it was difficult to lose money since chances were there'd be somebody here who had a good turnip price. But yes, ordinarily it is quite easy to lose money on turnips.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

She stops at noon, not 8.

Ah a bunch of sites must be reporting it incorrectly then.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I just picked up fifty at 93 bells on my island. Gates are open if someone wants to come snag some! Also could use an orange and a pear, I have cherries for trade.

Sw-2669-4208-9101

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Fuck me, no turnips for me this week.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Hmm, I have turnips on sale for 99 bells.

If I want to get in on the friend game do I have to pay for the Nintendo network stuff?

• Options
    Yeah I was excited to see Daisy Mae but those prices... See ya next week

My town is really coming together. Getting that ladder really pushed it over the edge. Now I just have to pick the weeds from the top area and I'm gonna feel like I finally got everything to "blank slate I can fill as I please." I love this game.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    We had Gulliver rather than the turnip seller? But we’re also not developing at max speed and have yet to upgrade the shop and don’t get our museum until tomorrow so we might not have unlocked them.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oxbox people named their islands Isle Bebac and Michal Bay

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    We had Gulliver rather than the turnip seller? But we’re also not developing at max speed and have yet to upgrade the shop and don’t get our museum until tomorrow so we might not have unlocked them.

Same, I had Gulliver but no Daisy Mae.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I think you need the shop because that's how you sell the turnips

• Options
    I think you need the shop because that's how you sell the turnips

Yes you do. That's the reason I don't have any

This discussion has been closed.