As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

using surface pro as a tablet for video making on PC

mtsmts Dr. Robot KingRegistered User regular
random title.
SO I am prof who likes to use white board stuff in the middle of powerpoint slides.

With the virus stuff happening, we are shifted to online delivery of material so I am setting up video lecturing. I draw out pathways and stuff fairly regularly and since I have a surface pro with a stylus I figured it would be a nice way to do that. I was going to be doing recording using panopto on my pc which is essentially screen capture. I was hoping to be able to connect the surface as a screen to my PC but I am not sure how to best do that.

camo_sig.png

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    random title.
    SO I am prof who likes to use white board stuff in the middle of powerpoint slides.

With the virus stuff happening, we are shifted to online delivery of material so I am setting up video lecturing. I draw out pathways and stuff fairly regularly and since I have a surface pro with a stylus I figured it would be a nice way to do that. I was going to be doing recording using panopto on my pc which is essentially screen capture. I was hoping to be able to connect the surface as a screen to my PC but I am not sure how to best do that.

Which model Surface Pro do you have? They all have a dedicated video out port, but lately, that changed to USB-C in the very latest hardware revision, I think. Before that it was MiniDP out. They also do miracast, obviously, but that's probably not idea. My 2016 Surface Pro has no trouble powering itself and a TV display at the same time, though the later is only 720p.

Unless you're asking how to use a Surface Pro as a screen for another device. Which I don't think is possible.