As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Updates on [Coronavirus] Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Indoor or outdoor makes a huge difference for spreading. Basically all Superspreader events have been indoor. Mostly churches, food processing plants, offices.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    The Texas governor has a "You can't require masks" order since April. This week, Houston, Dallas, and some other counties found a loophole and started requiring businesses to require employees / customers wear masks. The governor thinks that is fine.
    "Government cannot require individuals to wear masks,” Abbott said. “However, pursuant to my plan, local governments can require stores and businesses to require masks.”

Houston's order has $1000 fine per violation. But... it starts the 22nd, no fines for 5 days, and (currently) expires at the end of June.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I would be shocked if any fines were actually issued for mask violations.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's Abbot walking back his previous position.

VishNub on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I would be shocked if any fines were actually issued for mask violations.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's Abbot walking back his previous position.

My worry would be this would fall disproportionately on certain members of the community over others. But as I recall minorities have a way higher % of people wearing masks compared to white people.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I feel like that's the wrong takeaway.

Add "if they wear masks."

Large protest in Vancouver today.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Decided to go out to eat tonight, not sure why. Went to buffalo wild wings. All employees had masks and there was masks required to enter, but people were taking tjem off as soon as they entered the restaurant. At least wait until you get yo the table!

Probably wasn't worth the risk, not sure why I did it, but man people are half assing the protective measures.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It was not worth the risk.

And with that, new updates thread!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.