As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Is there any gameplay element to turnips besides just doing arbitrage?

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i wish you all could have heard the "NO!" i just let out when i bumped the button by mistake, breaking the 100 casts streak at like 90

kill me

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    i wish you all could have heard the "NO!" i just let out when i bumped the button by mistake, breaking the 100 casts streak at like 90

kill me

This was the first thing I did, I could not stand the stress akin to dodging lightning bolts on my tropical getaway.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Ack that sucks Blackbeard

I've been catching fish with my eyes closed as I find looking causes me to press too quickly most of the time. I wait for the giant PLUNK sound and do it much more accurately that way

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    yeah i always do it by sound i get too trigger happy watching it

my finger just slipped over the button basically as soon as i cast the line

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Island is open again. Mabel is here selling clothes if anyone would like a baby pacifier?

I will be afk.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Got my resident services building up and running and thank god there's a fourth row of item carrying

signature.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Now that I have Nook's tent upgraded to a building, I'm looking at my island and figuring out where I want to build bridges/ramps and move buildings around to.

Oh god this is going to cost so many bells.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Leaving my gate (Farflung) open while I work. Feel free to visit! If anyone has a spare apple or cherry by the way, I'd appreciate it. Looking to start some fruit trees going! My native fruit is oranges, feel free to help yourself to what's on the trees.

My villagers are gossiping about a shooting star event tonight, too. What time does that usually occur? I'll be sure to open my gate then, too.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    How is it that I've been playing this game intensively for a week and never saw a single peacock butterfly until today, when I've suddenly caught like a dozen?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    How is it that I've been playing this game intensively for a week and never saw a single peacock butterfly until today, when I've suddenly caught like a dozen?

Same. They appeared last night and are everywhere now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Ugh, Hippeaux is moving in, he's ugly inside and out. Definitely gonna have to have a chat with Isabelle about him

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Bertha is a real sweetie. Bunnie is sweet, too.

Also my villagers all seem to be daydreamers. It was a clear night last night and they were all just stargazing.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Are those bell tickets worth building up miles for? Extra inventory is ok but I need ramps dangit

Edit as opposed to a different money making method I mean

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Found a random island full of blue and pink wildflowers. Now they are mine.
    My island is also suddenly full of peacock butterflies today.

First thing I did was talk to Isabelle about Pompom. Gotta get rid of this fame-obsessed duckling.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm at work and didn't bring my Switch so I'm essentially doing this

https://youtu.be/D7aotMarYQU

Also my two starting villagers are Rocket, a gorilla in a pink racing suit, and a cat whose named Rudy who thinks he's a reindeer and really wants to be buff.

• Options
    So many villagers seem obsessed with working out. I have a baboon who loves it and I sent him a barbell in the mail. Now he spends all day building bamboo items and teaching me the recipes.

• Options
    Omg there are too many cool things to redeem for miles

How do I earn 20,000+ miles in the next few hours?!

• Options
    @Janson My gates are open if you wanna buy mums.

• Options
    im sitting at like 10k miles because i didnt feel like doing any islands last night or today so far but resident services is upgrading tomorrow so i guess i should just save em huh

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Peacock butterflies commonly appear near hybrid flowers apparently, so that may be why

Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Leaving my gate (Farflung) open while I work. Feel free to visit! If anyone has a spare apple or cherry by the way, I'd appreciate it. Looking to start some fruit trees going! My native fruit is oranges, feel free to help yourself to what's on the trees.

My villagers are gossiping about a shooting star event tonight, too. What time does that usually occur? I'll be sure to open my gate then, too.

Woohoo! I'll be by shortly with apples and cherries, @Didgeridoo. Also google advises shooting stars appear between 19:00 and 04:00 so I look forward to visiting you then too!

signature.png
  • Options
    im sitting at like 10k miles because i didnt feel like doing any islands last night or today so far but resident services is upgrading tomorrow so i guess i should just save em huh

The inventory upgrade is 8,000 miles, so yes, save them!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Island is open again. Mabel is here selling clothes if anyone would like a baby pacifier?

I will be afk.

I would not, thank you very much
    i have the diy for an awesome kitchen sink/prep table but it requires two diy items that i do not have the recipe for. it's just sitting there taunting me!

What are the missing items? If I can make them maybe we can arrange a deal. A dark kitchenette deal

Also Id like a pizza oven

@King Riptor it needs an ironwood dresser and a cutting board. if you don't have em, no worries. i've got pleeeenty of time and don't mind taking it slow to collect things

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've opened my gates! Just going to be doing some gardening and will be partially afk. I have all fruits in an orchard (top left) so feel free to take any you don't have :D

Also Mabel is here

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options

I will be afk.

I would not, thank you very much
    i have the diy for an awesome kitchen sink/prep table but it requires two diy items that i do not have the recipe for. it's just sitting there taunting me!

What are the missing items? If I can make them maybe we can arrange a deal. A dark kitchenette deal

Also Id like a pizza oven

@King Riptor it needs an ironwood dresser and a cutting board. if you don't have em, no worries. i've got pleeeenty of time and don't mind taking it slow to collect things

I can make both the cutting board and dresser. Actually got the kitchette right after I posted. If the catalog lets me I can just buy one. Otherwise yeah just bring me the materials and Ill crank out both for you. Either way Ill check tonight and let you know

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I will be afk.

I bought some bubblegum and immediately threw it away because it didn’t animate and just looked like a pacifier

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Peacock butterflies commonly appear near hybrid flowers apparently, so that may be why
    Oh, that tracks. My first blue windflower bloomed today.

Wyvern on
  • Options
    Today's hybrid haul: two pink windflowers, one black tulip, three pink lillies.

signature.png
  • Options
    I somehow had a picked orange rose in my inventory this morning. i cannot find the plant for the life of me.

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Today's hybrid haul: two pink windflowers, one black tulip, three pink lillies.

I got one black tulip and one pink tulip growing!

• Options
    Aaah I cannot wait for black and blue flowers! I had a dream last night that there was a ‘blue theme’ day where Timmy and Tommy sold nothing but blue furniture and flowers.

I have a pink rose, so now I have an orange tulip, orange cosmos and a pink rose, but that’s it so far!

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @Houk the Namebringer
    I have to make both materials you cant order them
    You'll need the following to make both and the kitchenette
    11 wood
    10 iron
    2 darkwood

My FC is 3807 5888 8277

If you have a fruit beside oranges or pears Id be grateful.

I guess this applies anyone who wants a kitchenette too just like dm me first.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Sent you a DM, Riptor!

As I wait I will.. water my flowers. It takes about 4 watering cans each time :lol:

signature.png
  • Options
    Does anyone know when (or if) villagers start showing up on mystery islands again after upgrading Resident Services? I hoped starting construction on the campsite would do it, but I tried once and got another empty island.

• Options
    Thank you for the fruit, SilverWind! :D

• Options
    Does anyone know when (or if) villagers start showing up on mystery islands again after upgrading Resident Services? I hoped starting construction on the campsite would do it, but I tried once and got another empty island.

Nope. Campsite is random. Seems mostly for amiibo stuff. If you want random villagers you have to pay 10K anf plot put land( you get 1000 miles foe your trouble which doesnt even break even in bell tickets)

• Options

Nope. Campsite is random. Seems mostly for amiibo stuff. If you want random villagers you have to pay 10K anf plot put land( you get 1000 miles foe your trouble which doesnt even break even in bell tickets)
    Damn. I really liked the idea of spending resources to curate my population better, but I missed my chance and got random dorks in my first three houses.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    tornps are at 216 on my island so im gonna open gates while i make dinner if anyone wants in on that, mabel is also here

code is MGLQ8

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    tornps are at 216 on my island so im gonna open gates while i make dinner if anyone wants in on that, mabel is also here

code is MGLQ8

Appreciate the heads up man. Sold off my turnips and grabbed some sweet aviators from Mabel while I was at it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My gates are open for shooting star chasers! I already got one, so they're definitely showing up. Celeste is also in town! :D I'll probably mostly be idle, but will occasionally be on fishing and looking for shooting stars.

Didgeridoo on
This discussion has been closed.