As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    my town will be open for freinds currently on my list for most of the day,. all i have is apples and only if you have a ladder but feel free to bring foreign fruit to plant. please don't cut anything down tho

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    also my game never lets me visit other peoples' islands even tho i have the online stuff. am i doing something wrong?

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @SilverWind - d’oh, I had red hyacinth the past two days but not today. I do have yellow cosmos though if you’d like me to reserve you a few.

Folks - it’s raining on/off in my town today. My trees have also replenished themselves with cherries. I’m going to open it up. Dodo code is: 46FQK

I’ll take any non-cherry and non-apple fruit donations since I can pass them along to Anya (who’ll be visiting me today). Anya is bringing apples along too, so those’ll be available.

Flower-wise I have: orange windflower, red cosmos, red tulips, white tulips, white windflower and yellow cosmos for sale.

Thank you! I'll be by shortly to buy some yellow cosmos :D

@Magic Pink What's your Switch code?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My island is open! Gonna do my morning routine + find spots for new buildings

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    If anyone’s lacking ladders I can also build some later for people!

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    @Janson Glad to see I’m not the only one who already cleaned up all the weeds. I keep visiting people who haven’t and I feel bad taking them, but I can’t stop myself. Thanks for the apple!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I wish you could craft using materials in your house storage. Would be so nice not having to have all this wood and rocks cluttering up my pockets.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Flarne wrote: »
    @Janson Glad to see I’m not the only one who already cleaned up all the weeds. I keep visiting people who haven’t and I feel bad taking them, but I can’t stop myself. Thanks for the apple!

Haha yes it’s always the first thing I do!

If anyone visits me in the next half hour, I’m putting my switch in the hands of Niko and he can’t read yet, so apologies if ‘I’ seem rude. ;)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i cleaned up the weeds in the main area but i'm letting the stuff on the other side of the lake grow wild and free

who am i to impose upon the natural order

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Whoops, Niko closed my gates and I didn’t realize.

I’ll be back later! Sorry!

• Options
    @Silverwind I grabbed some red hyacinths from Anya :) I’ll leave them on the ground by my plaza.

I’m opening the gate again! Dodo code is 88KK6

Grabbed more apples too

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have some red and white rose seeds for sale at my place

Dodo code is 0KMQ7

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've been to several of your islands now and you all have better island layouts AND better animal friends. I guess eventually I can terraform and kick out my lame animals but it will be a while.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I'm confused how the visiting works because the Dodo at the front desk is unclear. Can you only visit if the gates are open? Do they stay open when I'm not playing? It seems like every time I go in there I need to open them again.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    I'm confused how the visiting works because the Dodo at the front desk is unclear. Can you only visit if the gates are open? Do they stay open when I'm not playing? It seems like every time I go in there I need to open them again.

Yes, you need to re-open them each time and each time you’ll receive a different dodo code.

The other option is to open your gate to best friends or friends and then you don’t need to give out a dodo code; the downside is random people can’t visit you.

Speaking of which, this time my dodo code is MK1JQ and it is raining right now.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Silverwind I grabbed some red hyacinths from Anya :) I’ll leave them on the ground by my plaza.

I’m opening the gate again! Dodo code is 88KK6

Grabbed more apples too

Thank you, coming over!

edit: ack, I must've missed ya :O and Mori too! Got distracted by weed plucking...

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I’m open again, code is just above :)

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Can you abuse the stalk market by buying and then travelling to a persons island already on monday due to timezones? Unfortunately I spent my morning coffee donating to Blathers instead of checking out the going turnip rate. And now I have to go to work.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So what does eating fruit actually do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I didn't start playing this on midnight when it released; I waited until the next day. I didn't realize I needed to keep giving Nook critters. I gave him one and he was all "cool I'll give it to my museum friend" I figured that was enough to get Blathers to move in. I also did not manage to get 30 iron in one day.

Therefore today I finally got the pole vault and I placed the location of the future store just now. I'm years behind everyone else.

But whatever I'm in no rush. 8-)

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Eating fruit makes you super strong or something. So when you hit a rock with a shovel it destroys the rock and you can also dig up entire trees and put them in your pocket. You can then replant the tree somewhere else. It's a good way to get fruit trees that aren't native to you from mystery islands and not have to wait for them to grow.

You can eat up to 10 fruits and each display of superhuman strength empties your stomach by 1.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    wait what

• Options
    Don’t eat a bunch of fruit and destroy all your stones. Cause they grow back slowly.

• Options
    BTW since it transpires some people didn’t know:

You can hit a rock multiple times to get up to 9 ore in a row. But don’t break your rocks because like Flarne says they grow back slowly!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I mean, on the standard geological scale, it's pretty quick all told

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Eating fruit makes you super strong or something. So when you hit a rock with a shovel it destroys the rock and you can also dig up entire trees and put them in your pocket. You can then replant the tree somewhere else. It's a good way to get fruit trees that aren't native to you from mystery islands and not have to wait for them to grow.

You can eat up to 10 fruits and each display of superhuman strength empties your stomach by 1.

The rock breaking didn’t seem particularly useful but I did not know about the tree thing and that seems EXTREMELY USEFUL

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I’m going to close my town now so I can craft but tag me if you’d like it open again.

I still have plenty of apples and cherries and I can provide ladders!

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Found the literal worst mystery island.

Same fruit and flowers as my island. Plus the only fish in the river were black bass, literally. Thinking it might be a rare ocean fish island I fished out 20 sea bass before giving up and going home.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I’ve visited 7 mystery islands and every single one has had the same flowers and fruit :|

• Options
    Same. Non-stop mystery cherries for me.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    BTW since it transpires some people didn’t know:

You can hit a rock multiple times to get up to 9 ore in a row. But don’t break your rocks because like Flarne says they grow back slowly!

Aw CRAP. I did this entirely backwards. I didn’t learn that axes could break rocks until I was full up on fruit because I learned something good happens on fruit. I had zero idea that shattering the rocks wasn’t normal. So I’ve busted all my rocks for now. Guess I’ll have to just deal.

So...how are we supposed to...purge the fruit power-up so we don’t destroy the resources we’re trying to gather?

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The only way to purge the power up I've seen, and this isn't a joke, is to sit on a toilet.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    You can dig up trees and replant them to purge the fruit power.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    The only way to purge the power up I've seen, and this isn't a joke, is to sit on a toilet.

i think it also resets at the start of a new day

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Do different islands have different fish? I went to a friend's island and was catching wild shit like "sea butterfly" (?) and a fuckin SQUID

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    you only get squids once you get the resources to build nukes

• Options
    edited March 2020
    The only thing that affects what bugs/fish are available is the time of day, the month, and the weather afaik.

The only reason a different island would have different fish available is that it's in the opposite hemisphere (Northern and Southern hemispheres have the months that things are available flipped since the seasons are different) or the weather (for example some fish can only be caught in the rain).

The sea butterfly and squid have both been on my island and I'm northern with pretty much all sunshine except for a bit of rain yesterday morning. You probably have them at your island you just haven't lucked into catching them there yet.

Speaking of bugs/fish Blathers is gonna drown in the flood of donations I'm about to drop on him once the museum opens up tomorrow.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    The only thing that affects what bugs/fish are available is the time of day, the month, and the weather afaik.

The only reason a different island would have different fish available is that it's in the opposite hemisphere (Northern and Southern hemispheres have the months that things are available flipped since the seasons are different) or the weather (for example some fish can only be caught in the rain).

The sea butterfly and squid have both been on my island and I'm northern with pretty much all sunshine except for a bit of rain yesterday morning. You probably have them at your island you just haven't lucked into catching them there yet.

Speaking of bugs/fish Blathers is gonna drown in the flood of donations I'm about to drop on him once the museum opens up tomorrow.

I believe unless they added more, only coelacanths are rain-exclusive, though rain apparently makes more and rarer fish show up in general.

There's also an exception in that certain mystery islands have certain fish on them; while I can't confirm all of them, I've heard of a pond-island that has tons of koi (I found one with carp), a trash-island that only lets you fish up trash, and an island with a ton of finned ocean fish. Plus there is apparently Tarantula island, which is filled with 8000-bell murder tarantulas to catch.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Found the literal worst mystery island.

Same fruit and flowers as my island. Plus the only fish in the river were black bass, literally. Thinking it might be a rare ocean fish island I fished out 20 sea bass before giving up and going home.

Check the fish near the docks. Piers are an entirely separate biome. I got a blue marlin at a mystery island. Interestingly, it's not where you fish from but where the fish is that determines biome. I caught the blue marlin from the beach but it was swimming near the dock.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Do different islands have different fish? I went to a friend's island and was catching wild shit like "sea butterfly" (?) and a fuckin SQUID

My island is lousy with sea butterfly. Squid are medium rarity.

This discussion has been closed.