As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the empty arena wrestling thread

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I feel like Cody is doing a "I won't ask anyone in the company to suffer any violence I wouldn't suffer myself" route, which, as the boss, I kind of respect. He is working hard to prove that he will put his body on the line for his business.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

You'll never convince me the Seattle Dragons didn't decide to turn themselves into a hockey team after the XFL went under.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    I feel like Cody is doing a "I won't ask anyone in the company to suffer any violence I wouldn't suffer myself" route, which, as the boss, I kind of respect. He is working hard to prove that he will put his body on the line for his business.

I actually can't stand this approach because it sets a standard for everyone else, verbally or non-verbally, for what they should be willing to do. He can say, "No, I'm not asking you to do this" all day long, it doesn't matter. When you ask Shawn Spears to hit you hard over the head with a chair shot, you're sending a message to the locker room that this is your standard for performing.

If you don't take care of yourself, I have zero faith that you'll take care of me.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

Yeah. But he is willing to get that tattoo on his neck. So obviously his body means nothing to him. Management doing stupid stuff makes it harder for employees to stick up for themselves. When one of the young bucks had a 100+ degree fever and wrestled his match, the rest of the VP crew sang praises. He should have been home in bed, not at work. Now anybody who is sick thinks, "I can't stay home just because I have the flu." When, in fact, they should fucking stay home if they have the flu.

• Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I'm done with AEW for a while, at least

They've made a lot of mistakes in the past few months but the owner of the company going OH YEAH HE WAS GONE FOR A MONTH THATS DEFINITELY LONG ENOUGH AFTER JOKING ABOUT RAPING A WOMAN is just too fuckin much

At this point I seriously question what Jimmy Havoc's fate would have been were he not retiring.

I don't know what to think at this point. Jenn Decker still being there doing stuff for them is maybe the only real indicator I have that things are still okay, and if they aren't, she should bolt so that I know for sure.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    On the thumb tacks: I just assumed it was the calling card of the guy fighting Cody. I don't know any of the indy folks they bring in, so I just figured it was "If we're bringing him in for a match, we have to do some extreme type of thing" and that was the nod to that world. I do feel like things like that maybe should be on hold a bit during the pandemic, just because it feels like tempting fate to have more unnecessary fluids floating about.

On Sammy, I can see why people would think that's too short a punishment. I'm not going to pretend to know how long it should have been, but I think for me the issue is less the time frame and more that they did the equivalent of him popping out of a giant cake. While in other situations (like had he just been stuck in quarantine) the mask thing would have been a fun twist, but it made him come back a spectacle that isn't appropriate given why he went away.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    afaik they also did not explain why Sammy was gone at all on air on dynamite, so... as far as any "regular" viewer is concerned... he basically did pop out of a cake. which... i can't decide if that's better or worse... because if you aren't doing anything but watching the TV show you probably just assumed he was on vacation, so why the Serpentico gimmick?

in other words, him popping out of a cake only has dramatic impact for the people who know WHY he hasn't been on the last 3 shows, which... i think is probably not what you're looking for

i know TV has taken a turn across the board toward having viewers who just consume every podcast and tweet, but I feel AEW often takes it to the extreme and if you're not watching AEW on like 10 different social platforms you only know what the fuck is going on for like a third of dynamite

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The worst part is Tony Khan pretending that they didn’t tape that episode last week and instead going around all “yeah he was out 4 full weeks” as if we’re stupid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    The worst part is Tony Khan pretending that they didn’t tape that episode last week and instead going around all “yeah he was out 4 full weeks” as if we’re stupid.

Just a reminder that Darby Allin is also back because he showed Tony Khan his DM's with his accuser, and Khan, convinced, gave him the green light.

Call me crazy but at this point companies should start appointing arbiters for this sort of thing and they should probably be:

1. Not dudes
    2. Not the owner of the fucking company

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I watched Impact this week and it was kind of good. They just need to get rid of Moose.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

aw man, the GM Mode series (and UUDD as a whole) has been fantastic lately

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Shotgun Saturday Night homage?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

aw man, the GM Mode series (and UUDD as a whole) has been fantastic lately

The intro video and the promos before Big E/Renee Young and Adam Cole/Billie Kay were delightful. Hopefully Woods can get his laptop to some sort of data recovery service and get his stuff back.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I actually can't stand this approach because it sets a standard for everyone else, verbally or non-verbally, for what they should be willing to do. He can say, "No, I'm not asking you to do this" all day long, it doesn't matter. When you ask Shawn Spears to hit you hard over the head with a chair shot, you're sending a message to the locker room that this is your standard for performing.

If you don't take care of yourself, I have zero faith that you'll take care of me.

Very good point. I see what you mean.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I still don’t understand how Orton got to this point but I am here for it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

For less money, I'm sure.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The August 29th NJPW show is at Jungu Baseball field so an outdoor show!

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Money?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Money?

Good lord, now I'm wondering if Vince has ever tried paying someone in "exposure"...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    WWE and Mattel announce a Gronk action figure to honor his two months in the company

Edt42ukUwAAzVBe?format=jpg&name=small

Lio Rush points out he never got one despite being there three years

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFErfTQIow&feature=emb_title

Jerry Lynn/X-Pac vs Jado/Dick Togo when they were all just babies.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    What a putz.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    This is exactly the reaction he’s hoping for.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I've seen that so many times and it never stops being funny.

I like the idea that he's wrestled D-Bry, Okada, Tanahashi, Hero, Samoa Joe, Liger, and Ultimo Dragon and didn't feel like they had anything to teach him.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    Yea TJP there’s no one in pro wrestling you can learn from that’s why you are :::checks notes::: in a minor mid card role in IMPACT wrestling.

• Options
    jonny439 wrote: »
    Yea TJP there’s no one in pro wrestling you can learn from that’s why you are :::checks notes::: in a minor mid card role in IMPACT wrestling.

Honestly, everything he's saying and you're saying is probably true.

He can't learn from anyone.

That's why he sucks.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    People TJP has been in matches with:

-Kazuchika Okada
    -Jushin Liger
    -Hiroshi Tanahashi
    -Yuji Nagata
    -Will Ospreay
    -Pentagon Jr
    -Fenix
    -Gran Metalik
    -Drew Gulak
    -KENTA
    -Pac
    -Kota Ibushi
    -LA Park
    -Kenny Omega
    -Tomohiro Ishii
    -Sara Del Rey
    -Ultimo Dragon

When pointed out he's been in matches with Okada he pulled a "well he doesn't lead so we're basically equals at best"

If it weren't for Aries and Low Ki this month I'd say he's easily been the stupidest wrestler on social media this year because of this

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    https://youtu.be/lD9lpW4G-rE

Keith "Mugen" Lee for Universal Champion

Xehalus on
  • Options
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Yoshihiko's handler attacked Joey Janela after the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title match and MY BRAIN IS FUCKING BUZZIN

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

That one guy holding people back spent the next minute picking up light tube fragments.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Aaaaaayeeee! My British Strong Style BLM shirt came in the mail! Now to just Google whether or not any of them have been MeToo'd...

Aaaaaaaaayeeeee!

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.