the empty arena wrestling thread

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 31
    so I was watching a livestream that Fanbyte did where Hunktears (Fanfyte writer and podcaster) showed a non-wrestling fan a bunch of wrestler pictures and it was hilarious
    and that introduced me to this dude, Black Taurus (spoiled for big)
    Djn_8rFUUAAvRMK.jpg
    That's his RING GEAR, this guy fucking rules holy shit

bonus clown wrestler fun fact: his first gimmick was the masked Machine Rocker, as part of Los Inferno Rockers, an evil rival Kiss-clown-group to Psycho Clown's Los Psycho Circus

Crippl3 on
    ReynoldsSweeney TomMagellfacetiousAndy Joe
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Taurus is a delight, was a highlight when I got back into AAA with regularity in 2018/19. Glad he found enough recent success during that time that he got bookings for (among others) MLW, TNA and PWG

MagellhailtothekaleDex Dynamofacetious
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited July 31
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    so I was watching a livestream that Fanbyte did where Hunktears (Fanfyte writer and podcaster) showed a non-wrestling fan a bunch of wrestler pictures and it was hilarious
    528y0thiyhi01.jpg
    *sputtering*
    "You can't do this to me! You just can't!"
    D9g37IZW4AAciZ4.jpg
    *more sputtering*
    "Okay, so Stanley Tucci just got really ripped."

Haha, a collage of pics of Tanahasi in an apron:
    "Fuck off! Just fuck off!"

Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
    Crippl3CuvisTheConquerorchaosbear
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror I'm a different bird Registered User regular
    Tanahashi's tea kettle has a heart shaped handle

I can't

I can't even

I have completely lost the ability to even

xderwsaxganu.png
    Sweeney Tom
    edited July 31
    Suzuki/Nagata ruled

Sweeney Tom on
    bloodyroarxxDyvim Tvar
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Reading the comments, probably not permanent as he's still listed as a partner. Suspected culprit is people reporting Lana/CJ showing up on stream in a bikini a few days ago. God I hate the fucking throwbacks who do that shit.

Lol actually seems like he got bopped for tearing his shirt off when he got his Warzone win

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Shadowen
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Reading the comments, probably not permanent as he's still listed as a partner. Suspected culprit is people reporting Lana/CJ showing up on stream in a bikini a few days ago. God I hate the fucking throwbacks who do that shit.

Lol actually seems like he got bopped for tearing his shirt off when he got his Warzone win

Just too much breast meat for the Twitch ToS.

CuvisTheConquerorCrippl3Shadowen
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

That is a ban that still somehow feels like a win.

'Ripping your own shirt in half off your body' is a quality pop-off and should be used more often.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    KreutzCuvisTheConquerorCrippl3ShadowenLegacyWeedLordVegeta
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And now it's AEWoo woo woo

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    LBD_Nytetrayn
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular

That is a ban that still somehow feels like a win.

'Ripping your own shirt in half off your body' is a quality pop-off and should be used more often.

This genuinely made my day better.

AJR
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

All I know about the guy is what I've seen on AEW last week, and while he did a good job of showing his character, motivation, etc., his match didn't seem like anything special. What should I know about him?

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

He's a huge AJPW fan and influenced by that style, but he came from Chikara so he's got a lot of lucha influence as well. He's been on the indies since the 2000s and been great on the mic the whole time.

Sweeney TomAJRWhippyPwnanObrienhailtothekale
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited July 31
    The Geek wrote: »

All I know about the guy is what I've seen on AEW last week, and while he did a good job of showing his character, motivation, etc., his match didn't seem like anything special. What should I know about him?

He once punched a man so hard he sent him through time.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Crippl3Dyvim TvarMagellPwnanObrienhailtothekaleCuvisTheConquerorWeedLordVegetaXehalus
  • AJRAJR Been spending most their lives Livin' in the Green Hill paradiseRegistered User regular
    My introduction to Eddie was the lead up to the inaugural Chikara Grand Championship match against Quackenbush. The promos he was cutting in the lead up to that match were amazing, and the match was solid too. He was already nearly a decade in at that point, so it's awesome to see him getting signed now. I know he's had stints in ROH, NWA and TNA but this feels bigger.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    hailtothekale
    I Dont wanna be a downer.

but like AEW has 64 guys on the roster, there have to be deep cuts coming after the pandemic relaxes right?

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • AJRAJR Been spending most their lives Livin' in the Green Hill paradiseRegistered User regular
    I suppose it depends on if that third show ends up going ahead. Otherwise there's a bunch of people floating around doing nothing. And a bunch of international talent that still can't come over.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Not all the contracts are necessarily long either; Cardona's currently on a five-appearance deal

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Honestly AEW being open to shorter term deals and allowing talent to show up and get their stuff in and then go back to working in Japan or in the indies if they want to is a pretty good set-up and leaves the door open for more interesting situations than requiring everyone be locked in for huge deals does

Remember when Jushin Liger randomly showed up in NXT for a single match? That ruled and WWE basically never does that nowadays

CYpGAPn.png
    LockedOnTargetAJRMagellPwnanObrienfacetiousWhippyCrippl3SproutThe Cow KingburboCuvisTheConquerornever dieAndy JoeWeedLordVegeta
    Short contracts are good to kind of imitate territory days. Its better for everybody to let wrestlers get tv exposure then be able to go back to the indies and be a bigger draw. Then they learn more and can come back to a big pop (if crowds ever come back).

Reynolds
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Eddie Kingston one cut a promo so good Shining Wizado turned it into a song.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Apparently SD ended with Bray slowly creepily giving Alexa the mandible claw

https://streamable.com/kuf42v

this is Very gross to me, but maybe I'm just not hip with "scary" "WWE" "wrestling" anymore though

NJPW has announced a weekly Friday show. Starts off with an 8 man tournament to get a shot at Moxley. Its all the NJPW wrestlers stuck in America.

Andy Joe
    Magell wrote: »

NJPW has announced a weekly Friday show. Starts off with an 8 man tournament to get a shot at Moxley. Its all the NJPW wrestlers stuck in America.

Aug 7
    Karl Fredericks v KENTA
    Jeff Cobb v Tanga Loa
    David Finlay v Chase Owens
    Brody King v Tama Tonga

Aug 14 semifinals
    Aug 21 finals

I'd love either a KENTA/Tonga or Cobb/Brody final

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror I'm a different bird Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

He once punched a man so hard he sent him through time.

I miss Chikara.

It's too bad Quack is a sleaze.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Reynolds
    New Japan also announced a tournament for the NEVER trios title

August 6
    SHO, Yano and Okada vs Gedo, Jado and Yujiro
    SANADA, BUSHI and Shingo vs Desperado, DOUKI and Suzuki

August 7
    Honma, Makabe and Taguchi vs Ishii, Goto and YOSHIHASHI
    Kanemaru, ZSJ and Taichi vs Kota, Tana and Wato

August 8 semifinals
    August 9 finals

Andy Joe
    MagellAndy JoeReynoldsXehalus
  • AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    The middle fingers point right to his navel, they're like "fuck this shit", my god.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Karl, you gotta wear a jockstrap under an outfit like that...

Sprout
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Johnny Chopsockynever diePwnanObrienAndy Joe
    Real strong, facetious.

bloodyroarxxMagellChillyWillychr1sh4ll3ttb3AngrySquirrelXehalusPwnanObrienAndy Joe
    edited August 2
    Talk n Shop a mania is

well its a thing

bloodyroarxx on
    AJR
    I'm interested in finding out if its worth the price. Sometimes when they do ironically bad wrestling, its just fucking bad.

Legacy
    I'm interested in finding out if its worth the price. Sometimes when they do ironically bad wrestling, its just fucking bad.

So far I got my moneys worth, but its absolutely a drunk watch

hailtothekale

As long as the Boner Yard match between Sex Ferguson and Chad 2 Badd is good, thats my real requirement.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

I can't believe they got
    Rapid Delivery, from MTV's True Life: I'm a Pro Wrestler

That surprise alone was worth it.

facetiousReynoldsLegacyAJRPwnanObrien
    Really? hahahaha holy shit. Amazing.

Real strong, facetious.

hailtothekaleAJRPwnanObrien
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Really? hahahaha holy shit. Amazing.

I jumped from a seating position onto my feet on the couch not ashamed.

facetiousCrippl3Reynolds
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    New Japan also announced a tournament for the NEVER trios title

August 6
    SHO, Yano and Okada vs Gedo, Jado and Yujiro
    SANADA, BUSHI and Shingo vs Desperado, DOUKI and Suzuki

August 7
    Honma, Makabe and Taguchi vs Ishii, Goto and YOSHIHASHI
    Kanemaru, ZSJ and Taichi vs Kota, Tana and Wato

August 8 semifinals
    August 9 finals

Suzuki-Gun vs Suzuki-Gun finals with everybody (except Kanemura, obvs) turning on Suzuki at the end to form Sabre-Gun, then Martina runs in to make the save. Book it Gedo you coward.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Andy Joe
This discussion has been closed.