All my ads are in Spanish

HevachHevach Registered User regular
It started a few weeks ago, Hulu would give me a Spanish ad every now and then on our Roku. A week ago, it had become all ads on Hulu across all profiles and devices.

Now it's spreading like a virus, AdSense content on devices where I'm logged into the same account as the phone I control the Roku with are about half Spanish. My wife has started seeing them occasionally on YouTube but not as often as me.

Gone through every setting I can find and can't find anything relevant. Hell, the Roku itself doesn't even have my or my wife's Google account on it, it has a third account we made so our kids would stop polluting our recommendations with Cocomelon.

• dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    This just started happening to me today on Twitch. I'm thinking it's not just you.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    Hay una problema? Pienso que si no puedes entender nada, este es un oportunidad! Puedes ignorar todos.

ElvenshaeCauldSmrtnikXaquinTNTrooperMoridin889Kayne Red Robe
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    I recommend Duolingo!

Cauld
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Had one in French today, which is an improvement since I can't understand any spoken French, so unlike Spanish it doesn't kick my brain into superlisten mode when I'm more interested in snack refills.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Problem... solved?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    HevachBahamutZEROElvenshaeAresProphetShadowfire
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Close enough? Most of them are still Spanish, but... Eh, seems to be reality now.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Half the ads I get at home are in Spanish, and that started happening when I moved to a neighborhood with a high Latinx population. Maybe demographic tracking suggest that more Spanish-speaking neighbors are on the internet these days than have been previously, due to shelter at home?