As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Supervillain [chat]

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Doctor Doom. Refuses to beg for your vote.
    Vanguard wrote: »
    all of this doom [chat] reminds me

anyone here from desc lately?

yeah i talk to him on occasion, he's a cool guy

sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ultron. Needs oiling.
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    what's the followup sentence in the "but the spanish flu killed more" argument

and the spanish flu wasn't shit compared to the black death but I don't quite see what the point is

They're hardly an asteroid though.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    how am i supposed to get these iron nuggets when my island got 3 whole rocks

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Magneto. Has a point, let's be honest here.

and the spanish flu wasn't shit compared to the black death but I don't quite see what the point is

You could be saying something like this in good faith in order to have the follow up statement ‘and we are still here today and technology did not regress you the Bronze Age/civilization didn’t collapse’ in order to calm someone down

Otherwise it’s sort of hard to come up with a good reason someone would be saying that

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ultron. Needs oiling.
    P10 wrote: »

Raid other islands and despoil their resources.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Updating vassal so I can play 40k solo.

If we get a big fed check I am buying myself an Alpha Table and some MDF terrain and a mat. Because holy fuck I want to play with plastic toy men.

@Vanguard @Arch

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

is this the real reason to have 'friends'

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    credeiki wrote: »

You could be saying something like this in good faith in order to have the follow up statement ‘and we are still here today and technology did not regress you the Bronze Age/civilization didn’t collapse’ in order to calm someone down

Otherwise it’s sort of hard to come up with a good reason someone would be saying that

I just want emergency powers to slap both those doomsayers and the head-in-the-sand people and tell them to shut up, all of them

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm trying to ULTRA-NIGHTMARE Doom16 while I wait for Eternal to go on sale

I'm three levels in now

There's a wonderful scripted bit in Foundry where a Hell Knight spawns like right in front of you after activating a gore nest, and he charges you

But if you have the requisite amount of chainsaw fuel, you CHARGE BACK AT HIM, and the saw fucking hits him in the neck and cuts him in two at the shoulder

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Well, Unemployment is a joke clearly designed to keep you from getting any money.

Website: you better swear you accurately reported everything or else! We will double check against digital records and everything will get everything held up if you don't accurately report! Also our reporting period is shifted 1 day off of the normal pay period, so you better figure out the few hours you worked on one day, and the gross pay even though your paycheck doesn't break it down exactly, and if you mess up we won't pay you. And you have to manually hit the pay me button every week. But only between the normal business hours, even though it is a website.

If they have digital records why do they need me to manually reenter everything? This whole thing is just hoops on hoops to fuck you out of getting money. Fuck this bullshit.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Randomly watching Wrath of Khan and oh no feels

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Updating vassal so I can play 40k solo.

If we get a big fed check I am buying myself an Alpha Table and some MDF terrain and a mat. Because holy fuck I want to play with plastic toy men.

Vanguard Arch

My main gaming bro moved so I am kind of without regular opponents for a while given that I can't go to a club or anything

I'm going to aggressively paint up all of the warcry stuff i have as i think i can convince my roleplay/boardgame group to play. They'll never buy, build, or paint models, but they had a blast with Blackstone Fortress so it will probably work.

But, if we get the big government heck I am going to save most of it but maybe grab some to buy the Dark Uprising box because I want to play Necromunda badly.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    all of this doom [chat] reminds me

anyone hear from @desc lately?

I’m alive hi

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    a wild desc appears

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I really want to play necromunda too

Why can’t there be a shiny officially licensed virtual GW tabletop thing?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    y0oyjrfeyi0e.jpeg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    a wild desc appears

*throws a premier ball because he’s worth it*

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    This is the greatest chat in recent memory

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Ultron. Needs oiling.
    Bethryn wrote: »

is this the real reason to have 'friends'

You can also fly to random islands and rip up the environment.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Well, Unemployment is a joke clearly designed to keep you from getting any money.

Website: you better swear you accurately reported everything or else! We will double check against digital records and everything will get everything held up if you don't accurately report! Also our reporting period is shifted 1 day off of the normal pay period, so you better figure out the few hours you worked on one day, and the gross pay even though your paycheck doesn't break it down exactly, and if you mess up we won't pay you. And you have to manually hit the pay me button every week. But only between the normal business hours, even though it is a website.

If they have digital records why do they need me to manually reenter everything? This whole thing is just hoops on hoops to fuck you out of getting money. Fuck this bullshit.

I'd love to see at least one political party start framing unemployment correctly: it aint fuckin welfare, it's money I already paid into

that or can the payroll tax and raise income taxes and make it a conventional entitlement

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Lex Luthor. Fooled by a pair of glasses.

Yea I didn't even visit any other player's island and got to 30 nugs through two nook miles tickets. Bonus, invited two cute buds to my island who are much better than Rocket (sorry Rocket not feelin ya)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I got to fly out to see honeybun and then shit started hitting the fan but I was hyper conscientious about wiping down everything on the way there and back, rental car interior, etc so I think it was okay

I’m glad I got to see her since we both realized it would be ???? long until we see each other again

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    a wild desc appears

*throws a premier ball because he’s worth it*

y8rlbjdraxjw.jpeg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really like the picture of Doom in the OP. It's the last page of a comic in a multi-year Avengers story that saw every reality destroyed and then rebuilt, and all through the lead up lots of mysterious characters were talking about Rabum Alal, this insanely terrifying, secretive entity that inspired fear in the most powerful entities of the universe. Who could it be? And this page is when you find out.

It's Doom, of course, because no one else could possibly satisfy after that kind of build up. With Loki it'd feel like a trick or a ploy, with Ultron, Thanos or Annihilus they wouldn't be operating under an alias because they're not subtle. If it's going to be anyone you already know it could only be Doom.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Bogart wrote: »
    I really like the picture of Doom in the OP. It's the last page of a comic in a multi-year Avengers story that saw every reality destroyed and then rebuilt, and all through the lead up lots of mysterious characters were talking about Rabum Alal, this insanely terrifying, secretive entity that inspired fear in the most powerful entities of the universe. Who could it be? And this page is when you find out.

It's Doom, of course, because no one else could possibly satisfy after that kind of build up. With Loki it'd feel like a trick or a ploy, with Ultron, Thanos or Annihilus they wouldn't be operating under an alias because they're not subtle. If it's going to be anyone you already know it could only be Doom.

Analingius is a villain?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

it varies state by state

not hard to tell which states don't actually want you to get any money

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Analingius is a villain?

This is quite the autocorrect.

it wasn't

• Options
    I should update hoodie ghost with a doom mask à la MF doom 🤔

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Joker. You'll laugh, but honestly he's 'always on', you know?
    analingus is a misunderstood hero

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Joker. You'll laugh, but honestly he's 'always on', you know?
    So it's official. All grades are in. I graduated. 3.83 GPA BS in computer science!!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    since we're downsizing corporate in their infinite wisdom, given the overt political leanings and belt tightening thinking, had simply suspended all payments to everything to "try and figure out what we really need"
    -Our marketing department is down today as all their adobe products are no longer working (this wouldn't be a problem if they listened to me and moved to an annual enterprise subscription 3 months ago.... but alas)
    -Our certificates have expired and customers can't get to our website to reorder supples (PRIMARY cash flow for the company right here!)
    -Our e-mail signatures no longer work
    -Our digital signage has ceased working

override367 on
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    I got to fly out to see honeybun and then shit started hitting the fan but I was hyper conscientious about wiping down everything on the way there and back, rental car interior, etc so I think it was okay

I’m glad I got to see her since we both realized it would be ???? long until we see each other again

I trust you are utilizing this enforced time apart to write a dreamy sonnet about her, like a young man off at war might write to his loved one back home

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    So it's official. All grades are in. I graduated. 3.83 GPA BS in computer science!!

proud of you sharkbro

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Magneto. Has a point, let's be honest here.
    How am I expected to do work when all my fun things are in the same room as me

I have 0 willpower

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    this has been an extraordinarily unproductive day. Try again tomorrow, I suppose.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I corrected a code defect in our app today. All the productivity.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

yeaaaaahhhh booooooiiiiiii

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

Analingius is a villain?

This is quite the autocorrect.

it wasn't

Truly, it will bring the end of times

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Lex Luthor. Fooled by a pair of glasses.
    I'm still going to work, but at least my avatar is safe.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.