Options

the haunted mansion shouldn't do a nightmare before christmas overlay

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
I dunno I think it's dumb they should leave the haunted mansion alone :twisted:

the haunted mansion shouldn't do a nightmare before christmas overlay 90 votes

I agree
51%
WhippyMachwingMulletudeInvisibleInkRaijin QuickfootMagic PinkcrwthKane Red RobeBahamutZERODJ EebssarukunDarkPrimusTheySlashThemrhylithmrpakuvalhalla130MichaelLCUrielVestyMarathon 46 votes
I'm wrong and I disagree
48%
SporkAndrewFishmanMulysaSemproniusRedTideHouk the NamebringerJavenNo Great NameDoodmannAtari SoulPerrsunWorsel96KetBraRingoMetzger MeisterJimothyAngelHedgieOdinTonkkaLost CanuckMatev 44 votes

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Joke option Larlar.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have cunningly evaded your trap.

Yes more Nightmare Before Christmas.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    They do it partially to perform restorative maintenance on the classic stuff so it seems like a good thing overall

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    They're aiming the wrong way. Replace everything with Eddie Murphy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    They do it partially to perform restorative maintenance on the classic stuff so it seems like a good thing overall

It's also really fun and cute to see. Me and my wife got to go through it a couple of years ago, and it was a treat, especially for her (since she is a huge fan of the movie.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    I agree
    3clipse wrote: »
    Joke option Larlar.

you think this is a fucking joke?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    crwth wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Joke option Larlar.

you think this is a fucking joke?

yeah dude what the fuck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    I can only answer Larlar since The Incident, don't be insensitive guys.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Go fuck yourself

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I agree
    What even is this

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I agree
    the people have spoken

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this thread reeks of mod forum bullshit

• Options
    I agree
    actually this thread reeks of I can't go outside

• Options
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    this thread just reeks

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I agree
    I voted for the first one because I don't want to see more of that Tim Burton aesthetic, I am done with it.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Whippy wrote: »
    the people have spoken

As of my vote, it's a tie! WHO'S THE PEOPLE NOW, WHIPPY?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I agree
    just do a separate ride where women are ignored and all problems are solved by physical superiority i mean with NBC decor

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I agree
    I'm actually surprised they held out as long as they did without spraying a more marketable facade all over the Haunted Mansion.

I loved the original version ride, and I'm lukewarm at best towards TNBC. It was always the first ride I'd try to get on in the morning. When lines were thinned out because of a parade or mealtime, my family always wanted to go on Splash Mountain or Space Mountain again, but my first choice was always the Haunted Mansion. Even though I'm personally displeased by the change, in a way it's a good thing, as it's one more positive memory linking me to the Great Beast Disney that now only exists in the past. Every year that they meddle, I become more resistant to the nostalgia trap.

In other news... holy shit, I was spoiled as a kid. We probably went to Disney World more than 20 times. Definitely got our money's worth out of those Florida Resident season passes.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Elaro wrote: »
    Whippy wrote: »
    the people have spoken

As of my vote, it's a tie! WHO'S THE PEOPLE NOW, WHIPPY?

me, the people

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I agree
    they only do the nightmare before christmas overlay at disneyland and even then only for like, two months or something

if they ever permanently did anything to the haunted mansion, they'd probably have a riot, people love that fucking ride

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

All The Klumps, all the time.

• Options
    I agree
    SimBen wrote: »

All The Klumps, all the time.

Horrify****faaart****ing

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    they only do the nightmare before christmas overlay at disneyland and even then only for like, two months or something

if they ever permanently did anything to the haunted mansion, they'd probably have a riot, people love that fucking ride

But it sucks. The part before the ride with the hidden elevator is the best of it.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I agree
    I've never been, do they replace it around Christmas or around Halloween

One of those is semi-acceptable and the other one is fucked up

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I agree
    Split vote!

• Options
    I agree
    Madican wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

But it sucks. The part before the ride with the hidden elevator is the best of it.

the haunted mansion rules actually

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

They do it for I think 5 months leading up to christmast

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree

That’s not really true. They’ve actually been shortening the time the ride goes down more and more because they’re not really doing much maintenance in that time period.

Haunted Mansion was actually going under a large-scale refurbishment that started back in January (when they took the overlay out) when the parks shut down. It was very long overdue.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I agree
    Nirya wrote: »

That’s not really true. They’ve actually been shortening the time the ride goes down more and more because they’re not really doing much maintenance in that time period.

Haunted Mansion was actually going under a large-scale refurbishment that started back in January (when they took the overlay out) when the parks shut down. It was very long overdue.

Yep I missed out when I was there back in February 2020, 46 years and 1 month ago

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I agree

They do it for I think 5 months leading up to christmast

Oh see, that sucks, October should just be prime Haunted Mansion month

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Also the Disneyland version of the Haunted Mansion is superior so not having it for 4+ months out of the year (goes down late September, is HMH from October-December, switches back early January) is disappointing.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    'Haunted Mansion Holiday is bad, actually' is absolutely the minority opinion. People fucking love that shit. They would like it less if it were year-round but as a seasonal thing it is outstandingly popular.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I agree
    The Haunted Mansion is the best thing at Disneyland after Peter Pan’s Flight, but retakes the top spot because of the racism.

sarukun on
  • Options
    I agree
    sarukun wrote: »
    The Haunted Mansion is the best thing at Disneyland after Peter Pan’s Flight, but retakes the top spot because of the racism.

Fuckin

PP’s flight broke after I had waited in line 40 minutes and had about another 20 to go

Haunted Mansion - closed
    PP - broke
    Small World was the only fast-passable ride that was suitable for my 16 month old

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I'm wrong and I disagree
    Excuse me, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye exists, though Haunted Mansion is absolutely a top tier ride, and the Nightmare Before Christmas variant owns seasonal bones, so

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I agree
    Christmas-themed Haunted Mansion around Halloween seems weird

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I agree
    Matev wrote: »
    Excuse me, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye exists, though Haunted Mansion is absolutely a top tier ride, and the Nightmare Before Christmas variant owns seasonal bones, so

Temple of the Forbidden eye is not a ride

it’s Real Goddamned Life.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    It's a god damn crime that The Haunted Mansion is Christmas themed on Halloween.

And don't you dare tell me that Nightmare Before Christmas is a suitable Halloween movie. It begins with Halloween ending. At best it can be first viewed once you have finished your Halloween festivities.

• Options
    I agree
    I think that a seasonal overlay is probably fun for nearby residents with annual passes! I expect that that's a huge reason they don't bother with it in the other parks. It's a trek for someone like me to go to one of these parks so if I went there and they had that stuff on the ride I'd be very grumpy!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I agree
    Broke the tie. Nice.

sig.gif