As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount a Butt 2: BONERLORD

13»

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I don’t know, I have it on good authority that there is something so much better than that

hey, I got this and thought it was well done, hi5

It was a niche enough joke I was prepared for it to go unrecognized but I had to make it anyway

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    whatever patch they released today has completely destroyed my client performance. essentially unplayable on any settings.

hopefully they uhh... catch on to that pretty quick

*edit* nevermind, it appears to be a bug specific to siege towers.... be careful with siege towers... looks like the game can just sieze up and die as the AI fumbles around badly with how to use them

Jasconius on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    My fucking surgeon just killed 4 people for a arena battle, and it was good cause he put me into the next round, I then murdered him

You can find people to fit the clan roles btw you just have to search forever, or do it yourself (ie it was bugged so once you assigned a bad wandered companion with 0 medience to be a surgeon you couldn't ever get em off it)

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Any role you don't specifically give to someone else your character does themselves. Which makes early leveling go much faster as you have more sources of skillups.

Gokerz on
    causality.png
    Beef AvengerSnowbear
    alright after getting past my horrible performance bug I got some good stuff done

1) Door rams continue to be garbage, but siege towers, actually pretty good.

2) Sieging ballistas are HILARIOUSLY EFFECTIVE. If you're curious. They essentially aim themselves. It appears to scale with your bow skill. Aim the tip of the bolt at what you want to kill. Doesn't matter how far away it is. The game aims it for you. I killed like 10 dudes from 200 yards.

3) If you get separated from one of your clan members and they're just stuck in a city doing nothing, make them into a party. They'll probably go do something stupid like get captured. When they escape, the game seems to mysteriously teleport them to the city nearest to you at the time.

4) I went and picked up my wife to join my party... turns out she has absolutely insane god tier armor and weapons and I stole them all. Thanks, Queen!

does anyone have any insight on starting your own kingdom vs. supporting an existing one?

I'm at that point now in the quest. I can do either... but not really sure if there's any downside or upside to consider

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    I got stuck in a 45 minute long siege defense battle. The enemy ram got destroyed on the way to the gate and for some reason they never put up a ladder. So they crowded the gate.

I leveled up my bow skill by over 30 point and got 169 kills

8EVmPzM.jpg
    PlatyElvenshaeBlackDragon480Lord_AsmodeusYaYaKristmas Kthulhu
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    I got stuck in a 45 minute long siege defense battle. The enemy ram got destroyed on the way to the gate and for some reason they never put up a ladder. So they crowded the gate.

I leveled up my bow skill by over 30 point and got 169 kills

Nice.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    It seems like there's missing elements which are screwing up the flow of faction wars. In warband, lords would periodically fuck off to attend feasts and so on, but in Bannerlord they just stay on campaign 24/7.

Jasconius
    It seems like there's missing elements which are screwing up the flow of faction wars. In warband, lords would periodically fuck off to attend feasts and so on, but in Bannerlord they just stay on campaign 24/7.

I'm going to have the entire northern kingdom as my prisoners before I can take this one castle cause they keep challenging to 100 vs 100 battles but some one else shows up before I can siege and get inside

Just gimme your dumb castle so I can be king!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The Harlausian Feasting reforms are centuries away though

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Elvenshae
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh noooo feasts were one of my favorite parts of Warband

Gvzbgul
    Finally got a castle had like 7 guys left over after fighting a staggered 600

One of em was the king who are good bargaining chips to end the war and let me have my castle he was like 95% of the barter bar lmao then I ransomed his wife off

And now I've got a town and in going to kill every northern kingdom noble now well maybe ransom a few now while I take the rest of there lands I killed the previous king then his two successors who where also my prisoners lmao

I ate in to my 200k warfund and I'm down to 80k but you get like 400 income for castle so it should be aight

It's also nice pulling 100 troops out of no where by calling your companion parties to your army

icGJy2C.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    We back!

When we last saw our hero, she was throwing herself into the practice fights in the arena of the Southern Empire city of Poros. After a rough start she started winning, and winning means money.

Time for our girl to hit the big time.
    HQjD9B4.png

All.
    fRG1kfG.png
    Heck yeah.
    I.
    Zfu5o9H.png
    Do.
    R4RNMQl.png
    Is.
    9MiCzJY.png
    Win.
    fkXqrMG.png

p4tk82n.png

Rhesus PositiveElvenshaePlatyMrMonroeBrolo
    I like the progression of her gear through those

I should mention I am running a few mods, most relevant in this case being the Invisible Helmet mods. I do not recommend attempting tournaments without a case for your braincase.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I added the fair armor mod or whatever its name is, gives everybody in tournaments the same armor.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Elvenshae
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Gah these fucking bandit camps

Why do I only have 8 of my 50 dudes?

Why are four of those 8 dudes recruits?

How come whenever one of these things goes sideways I lose my entire army?

Finally finished one off by personally sniping every single enemy myself, 24 kills. Just needed my boys to mob the bus at the end.

Brolo wrote: »

Finally finished one off by personally sniping every single enemy myself, 24 kills. Just needed my boys to mob the bus at the end.

I do Hideouts the exact opposite way.
    Yours gives more xp though.

causality.png
    Elvenshae
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Most of the camps are fairly manageable since they're like cave complexes and enemies won't go after you till you either go into LOS or attack them.

and then there's forest bandit camps which are wide open spaces where you can reenact the end of the movie "Hero"

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Elvenshae
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gokerz wrote: »

That's basically how I do it too, but I just have them follow me and to fire at will so I don't have to do anything but walk to where I want to go, stand around while they murder everything, then I move on.

JtgVX0H.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    This game is generally good.

The main "quest" feels like an insult and they desperately need something better.

edited April 2020
    Darmak wrote: »
    Gokerz wrote: »

That's basically how I do it too, but I just have them follow me and to fire at will so I don't have to do anything but walk to where I want to go, stand around while they murder everything, then I move on.

Works just as well, I'm just hesitant to have my archers stand too close to me. Don't want the Fian Champions I spent so much time training get hit by a stray headshot.

Gokerz on
    causality.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah when you have to deal with them in close quarters I find my dudes cross into the line of fire a bit too often when I leave them on the "follow" option.

Need to kinda pathfind for them manually with the "move here " command.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    This game is generally good.

The main "quest" feels like an insult and they desperately need something better.

I've heard that they weren't even planning to include the single player for the initial early access release, so it's very undercooked. I think they can owe a lot the games success to at least having what they do of the single player there, I know I don't come to M&B for multiplayer.

Steamspy puts the sales estimate for this at over 5 mil by the way. Kind of crazy thinking back to when this was a janky but fun niche game made by a couple people

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1