As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I think what's got me most annoyed is that they're still making promises like "All physical ordered by November 15th are guaranteed to remain available to our backers" and I'm like ... We'll see

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I'm annoyed that they have yet to reply to my request on the digital stuff. Sent them two messages now and nothing. Probably need to send a message to this new round and see if they respond.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    What digital stuff? Are you missing something, Bets?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

They sent out an email a few months ago with a link and code to enter in to get all of the digital stuff. The code didn't work and I asked if it has a new code and no response.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Y'all have me refreshing my e-mail like mad waiting for a shipping notification.

I keep opening the FedEx app...

It's a disappointing and not healthy growing habit.

I'm confused, have you already got a tracking number? Or do you have an account that lets you see if there's a package heading to your address?

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Y'all have me refreshing my e-mail like mad waiting for a shipping notification.

I keep opening the FedEx app...

It's a disappointing and not healthy growing habit.

I'm confused, have you already got a tracking number? Or do you have an account that lets you see if there's a package heading to your address?

I have an account and FedEx knows my address. Sometimes they've notified me on shipments before the vendor using them notifies me.

In this case it's generally just me flailing, hoping for any sign.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

They sent out an email a few months ago with a link and code to enter in to get all of the digital stuff. The code didn't work and I asked if it has a new code and no response.

I think CGL posted up an update on that, and it might available through the CrowdOx account now? I haven't been paying close attention to the digital freebies.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

did you get the email for the cornucopia of files? Its like all the digital stuff in one and seems to use just a generic code. Otherwise ive got that second star colonel digital rewards i wont be using and you can have that if you want.

edit: i say this and now im getting a not valid code on a book i just added to my order today. :/

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options

did you get the email for the cornucopia of files? Its like all the digital stuff in one and seems to use just a generic code. Otherwise ive got that second star colonel digital rewards i wont be using and you can have that if you want.

edit: i say this and now im getting a not valid code on a book i just added to my order today. :/

Yep that's the email I responded to. It was supposed to have all of it in one spot. But the code doesn't work a few months later (I had other things on my mind when it went out).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Yep that's the email I responded to. It was supposed to have all of it in one spot. But the code doesn't work a few months later (I had other things on my mind when it went out).

@Betsuni

They shutdown that cornucopia code because they didn't want it in the wild. I also didn't get to it before they shut it off. What you can do is go to https://portal.crowdox.com and sign up with the same email you used for your Kickstarter pledge. Once logged in, if it doesn't take you there immediately, click on Digital Downloads and Keys at the top. There you can directly download things like the Shrapnel magazine or "Redemption and Malice" fiction. Other Catalyst products like rule books and the "Proliferation Cycle 1-6" fiction are listed as codes. Then you go and search for those same products at https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/ and add them to your cart. Since these are codes for digital products, just make sure you pick for example the "PDF" product, not the default "Physical book + PDF" product. You'd then use the code from the Crowdox site as a "discount code" when you check out on the Catalyst store to get it for free as a download through your Catalyst store account. You are not required to enter any payment info during checkout because it is free. I believe they recommended doing a checkout of just one item at at time with these codes.

And while I don't know what all was in the "cornucopia" bundle, you can get the original stretch goal bundle of wallpapers, GoAC rulebook, "A New Game", "The Field is Lost", "Rules of Engagement", "Proliferation Cycle 1" fiction, "Diminishing Returns" scenario, "3052 Era Report", a Unit Color Compendium, and some other [unfinished] Kickstarter backer stuff at: And you can get "Proliferation Cycle 2-6" fiction at:
    However, it seems most of their digital fiction and scenarios are not available yet.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

@Betsuni

They shutdown that cornucopia code because they didn't want it in the wild. I also didn't get to it before they shut it off. What you can do is go to https://portal.crowdox.com and sign up with the same email you used for your Kickstarter pledge. Once logged in, if it doesn't take you there immediately, click on Digital Downloads and Keys at the top. There you can directly download things like the Shrapnel magazine or "Redemption and Malice" fiction. Other Catalyst products like rule books and the "Proliferation Cycle 1-6" fiction are listed as codes. Then you go and search for those same products at https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/ and add them to your cart. Since these are codes for digital products, just make sure you pick for example the "PDF" product, not the default "Physical book + PDF" product. You'd then use the code from the Crowdox site as a "discount code" when you check out on the Catalyst store to get it for free as a download through your Catalyst store account. You are not required to enter any payment info during checkout because it is free. I believe they recommended doing a checkout of just one item at at time with these codes.

And while I don't know what all was in the "cornucopia" bundle, you can get the original stretch goal bundle of wallpapers, GoAC rulebook, "A New Game", "The Field is Lost", "Rules of Engagement", "Proliferation Cycle 1" fiction, "Diminishing Returns" scenario, "3052 Era Report", a Unit Color Compendium, and some other [unfinished] Kickstarter backer stuff at: And you can get "Proliferation Cycle 2-6" fiction at:
    However, it seems most of their digital fiction and scenarios are not available yet.

Oh my, seriously I cannot thank you enough!!!! You seriously made my day week month year with this!!! Mahalo plenty.

I now can get everything I bought. I am also guessing this is where I can open it up and buy more stuff? Seriously I have been out of it regarding this KS thanks to everything that has happened to me this year and you just made everything come back in focus.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Betsuni

Oh my, seriously I cannot thank you enough!!!! You seriously made my day week month year with this!!! Mahalo plenty.

I now can get everything I bought. I am also guessing this is where I can open it up and buy more stuff? Seriously I have been out of it regarding this KS thanks to everything that has happened to me this year and you just made everything come back in focus.

@Betsuni

Yes, if you go to https://portal.crowdox.com and sign in, if it doesn't take you there immediately, click on Projects at the top. You should see a "Battletech" entry. Click on the "View Confirmation" button. It will take you to the survey that includes everything you ordered. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a yellow box with a link to re-open the survey to change or add new items.

• Options

Betsuni

@Betsuni

Yes, if you go to https://portal.crowdox.com and sign in, if it doesn't take you there immediately, click on Projects at the top. You should see a "Battletech" entry. Click on the "View Confirmation" button. It will take you to the survey that includes everything you ordered. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a yellow box with a link to re-open the survey to change or add new items.

Yeah I was staring at that link wondering if I should click it to find out. Thanks, now I know that is the portal to madness and happiness.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    And for those trying to keep track of all this stuff, besides all the wallpapers, fiction, and scenario I already linked in the Kickstarter bundles above, for digital rewards it looks like we are still waiting on:

Digital Scenario #1 "Grand Melee"
    Digital Scenario #3 "Batchall"
    Revised Clan invasion Guide (expanded version of what's included in the game box)
    Proof of Concept App (record sheets)
    MechWarrior: Legends
    Novel "Fall From Glory: Founding of the Clans Vol 1"
    Novel "Visions of Rebirth: Founding of the Clans Vol 2"
    Novel "Forging of Blood: Founding of the Clans Vol 3"
    "Honor & Glory" Short Story
    "Honor & Glory II" Novella
    "Honor & Glory III" Novel
    Wolf's Dragoons Origin Story
    Chaos Campaign: The Battle of Tukayyid
    CamoSpecs: A Unit Art Manual

Shrapnel: A Digital Magazine Issue #3 (if purchased separately)
    Shrapnel: A Digital Magazine Issue #4 (if purchased separately)

edit: While looking through this list I noticed two of the Scenarios I didn't get yet were listed as complete. These showed up as part of the Catalyst cornucopia bundle at https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/clan-invasion-kickstarter-bundle On a lark, I added the bundle to my cart and tried applying the code from the July email to it as the discount code and this time the code did work and correctly reduce the price to 0 and I was able to complete the checkout and that bundle is now in my Catalyst account. So if you haven't tried getting the bundle from their store lately, try it again and it may now work for you.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    And for those trying to keep track of all this stuff, besides all the wallpapers, fiction, and scenario I already linked in the Kickstarter bundles above, for digital rewards it looks like we are still waiting on:

Digital Scenario #1 "Grand Melee"
    Digital Scenario #3 "Batchall"
    Revised Clan invasion Guide (expanded version of what's included in the game box)
    Proof of Concept App (record sheets)
    MechWarrior: Legends
    Novel "Fall From Glory: Founding of the Clans Vol 1"
    Novel "Visions of Rebirth: Founding of the Clans Vol 2"
    Novel "Forging of Blood: Founding of the Clans Vol 3"
    "Honor & Glory" Short Story
    "Honor & Glory II" Novella
    "Honor & Glory III" Novel
    Wolf's Dragoons Origin Story
    Chaos Campaign: The Battle of Tukayyid
    CamoSpecs: A Unit Art Manual

Shrapnel: A Digital Magazine Issue #3 (if purchased separately)
    Shrapnel: A Digital Magazine Issue #4 (if purchased separately)

edit: While looking through this list I noticed two of the Scenarios I didn't get yet were listed as complete. These showed up as part of the Catalyst cornucopia bundle at https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/clan-invasion-kickstarter-bundle On a lark, I added the bundle to my cart and tried applying the code from the July email to it as the discount code and this time the code did work and correctly reduce the price to 0 and I was able to complete the checkout and that bundle is now in my Catalyst account. So if you haven't tried getting the bundle from their store lately, try it again and it may now work for you.

Nice! It worked for me too, thanks! Now I'm so happy and ready to buy more Urbies.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Okay, spaceship fans, I want opinions!

What do you think of the look of this (potential) nosecone geometry? The nosecone section ends at the red lines.
    3nJ60sUh.png

For reference, again, I'm aiming for this but simplified:
    vi3Nx91.png

I feel like this accomplishes the following:
    -It squares up the belly and sidewalls, making that part of the construction very simple.
    -It removes the complicated round taper to the tip of the nose
    --This allows the front lower plate to occupy the whole width of the body. It's not elegant, but I'm building a flying bulldozer, not an arrow.
    -It keeps some of the interesting upper-hull geometry.

Thoughts?

• Options
    I like it, but how many hexes wide is it? I assume +/-3? So you may want to consider a nose tip or dip for where the middle hex will not line up with the others

• Options
    I like it, but how many hexes wide is it? I assume +/-3? So you may want to consider a nose tip or dip for where the middle hex will not line up with the others

I haven't scaled it yet. All of the dimensioning is relative, so right now it's 2 mm wide. :P

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular

I haven't scaled it yet. All of the dimensioning is relative, so right now it's 2 mm wide. :P

What is this? A dropship for ants!

Looks great. I think if you added an additional small vertical(ish) rectangle below the top trapezoid you'd have your bridge/forward view windows set.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    check your boxes when they come... while im not sad to have 3 archers, i am a bit bummed to only have 1 marauder
    blurry, stupid glare
    HNJQJCI.jpg

edit: better

sDD8E69.jpg

@HydroSqueegee
    (QuarterMaster Logistics) is the first and best stop for a defective or missing piece.

• Options
    check your boxes when they come... while im not sad to have 3 archers, i am a bit bummed to only have 1 marauder
    blurry, stupid glare
    HNJQJCI.jpg

edit: better

sDD8E69.jpg

@HydroSqueegee
    (QuarterMaster Logistics) is the first and best stop for a defective or missing piece.

thanks mang, just shot em an email.

in other error news, i somehow got 4 sets of dog tags, so if someone needs/wants one, ive got a couple up for grabs.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    I must admit, i havent been this giddy in a long time. My childhood dream of piles and piles of stompy bois is coming to fruition!

VSDkLy4.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Table to ceiling. Glorious!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    That's so fucking lewd, I love it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

To be fair, it's a shelf

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

To be fair, it's a shelf

Leave me to my sweet vision...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    I must admit, i havent been this giddy in a long time. My childhood dream of piles and piles of stompy bois is coming to fruition!

VSDkLy4.jpg

Curious to get your thoughts on the dropship. Apparently some folks took issue with the construction.

• Options

To be fair, it's a shelf

Leave me to my sweet vision...

It is a low ceiling though

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    That's so fucking lewd, I love it.

And the best part. THE BEST PART... Is I still have 11 boxes to open. That's 45 mechs and 5 elementals not shown unboxed.

AND THE EVEN BETTER PART YOU MAY ASK?!

This is only wave 1...

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

VSDkLy4.jpg

Curious to get your thoughts on the dropship. Apparently some folks took issue with the construction.

I'll need to bust it out at some point... My to do pile, as you can see, is quite robust.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

VSDkLy4.jpg

I'll need to bust it out at some point... My to do pile, as you can see, is quite robust.

Take your time. Don't rush it...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Did they come in two colors, or did you already base coat some of them?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options

VSDkLy4.jpg

Take your time. Don't rush it...

as you can see by the 1.75 mechs i have finished painting, taking my time is a no brainer

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Did they come in two colors, or did you already base coat some of them?

the green dudes i sprayed a while back. motivation and time for painting wanes more often than waxes. The catapult is the only one 99% done. still need to slide on them decals.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I may be busting out the airbrush to get a few base coats on these initially so they're "ready" to take over a display case shelf. Then it'll be years of saying I'll get around to painting the rest of the details.

I THINK I might have gotten my shipping e-mail today? Something is being delivered and I'm super excited.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shipping notification woo!!!!

Has anyone who cashed in their canon character successfully gone back into their Wave 2 pledge and seen the credit available?

EDIT: And the credit is not there. Time to email Catalyst support!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    My jellyness increases daily. Now two of my IRL buddies have either received their shipment or been notified it's coming, and I'm sitting here with an empty inbox. :(

On the upside, my printer resin should be showing up today!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

What is this Mech?

A Ryoken II.

I knew it had to be either a Stormcrow variant (based on the arms/torso shape) or maybe a Jupiter (based on the missile racks), and luckily the Sarna article for the book has the front cover art, which also has a description for it when you click into it, which got me to the answer. Which is fortunate, because that art on that cover is garbage.

Ryoken2.PNG?timestamp=20090201221822

Nips on
  • Options
    Look at that steam - is it famous for its foot mounted heat sinks?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.