As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Am I the only one that got a non-mech salvage box?

Everyone got the Shilone I think

and aint no one giving them up

kx3klFE.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Am I the only one that got a non-mech salvage box?

Everyone got the Shilone I think

and aint no one giving them up

Not true. A handful have sold on eBay in the last couple weeks, ranging from $60 to $90 a pop.

Those valuations are making it really hard to justify holding onto mine.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’m holding onto mine for now, I’m kinda hoping they do an aerotech Kickstarter now

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Oh shit are they really selling for that much?

I'm either going to sell mine then, or I'm willing to trade it for some stompybois.

Edit: Added a category for trading the Shilone to the sheet.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    cB4kswSh.png

That's a lot of painting to do, I used a whole can of spray primer.

l7n41RV.png
    can we just talk about how nice that prime job looks. thin, good coverage... *cheffs kiss*

kx3klFE.png
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    can we just talk about how nice that prime job looks. thin, good coverage... *cheffs kiss*

Awwww. :bro:

Double sided tape on a paint stirrer, let's you get all the sides and underneath and keep a pretty good distance from the can.

l7n41RV.png
    Tigliss wrote: »

Awwww. :bro:

Double sided tape on a paint stirrer, let's you get all the sides and underneath and keep a pretty good distance from the can.

i spray at a distance like its a dick measuring contest. it says 6-8 inches, but its 4 at best

kx3klFE.png
    EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP AND THROW EVERYTHING THAT WE JUST BOUGHT AWAY IN THE GARBAGE!

Mini Mini Mechs! Its like Polly Pocket for mechs! 'Mechkins!

This is the future!

w1tcuYl.jpg

kx3klFE.png
    ... go on...

... go on...

Arclight Miniatures. Turns Alpha Strike into almost a board game.

2A8EJ1i.png

kx3klFE.png
    How do I purchase these?

edited September 2021
    You can't. At least, not yet. I've been following the guy(?) on Facebook, and the crispness of those prints at the smaller scale is boggling.

And to be fair, Battleforce scale models have existed for forever now, and literally no one gives a shit about those!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Added a line to the PA Trades List googledoc for the Shilone, and I think my trade with Hydro is all on there too (double-check me? @HydroSqueegee )

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Nips wrote: »
    You can't. At least, not yet. I've been following the guy(?) on Facebook, and the crispness of those prints at the smaller scale is boggling.

And to be fair, Battleforce scale models have existed for forever now, and literally no one gives a shit about those!

probably because they look like garbage compared to those mini works of art

kx3klFE.png
    edited September 2021
    So factoring in my Salvage Boxes and trade with Hydro, that leaves me with these Clan mechs still available to trade:

- 2x Mist Lynx
    - Ice Ferret
    - Viper
    - Adder
    - Executioner
    - Grendel
    - Nova
    - Piranha
    - Horned Owl

And I think at this point my want list (for Clan mechs at least) is probably in order of priority/want here:

- Mad Dog
    - Linebacker
    - Warhawk
    - Crossbow
    - Kingfisher

On the Inner Sphere/Comstar side my list is just a Griffin and maybe a Mongoose?

Tox on
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2021

Might just be me but the poses look identical to the .stls that were ripped from MWO and put out by Syllogy a while back? Pretty certain I have a 3d printed Atlas that looks exactly the same. Edit- looks like it's pretty much just the Atlas and Bushwhacker. Black Knight is similar but slightly different.

But now I want to print plates full of 25mm minis.

Cobalt60 on
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

Might just be me but the poses look identical to the .stls that were ripped from MWO and put out by Syllogy a while back? Pretty certain I have a 3d printed Atlas that looks exactly the same. Edit- looks like it's pretty much just the Atlas and Bushwhacker. Black Knight is similar but slightly different.

But now I want to print plates full of 25mm minis.

You're probably not wrong. The Syllogy MWO models have gotten a ton of use out in the community, and have been used as the basis for kitbashes and alt sculpts and the like. That, and the base MWO models are ubiquitous at this point, so it's definitely one or the other.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Random trivia update.

Battletech, the tabletop miniatures wargame, exists within the Battletech universe.

So the question is- Are you simply playing through the battles of the Fourth Succession War leading a Davion force to victory or are you a Capellan nerd roleplaying as a FedSuns General because the bad guys are always cool?

edit- it also means that this is within the possibility of canon.

MIeytrq.png

edit 2- Oh if you enjoy the Battletech Audiobooks you may hear a familiar voice soon. It seems student vouchers are not enough to cover booze expenses.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    As promised, shots on the Z scale table:

Stills from a recently discovered training simulation carried out by Comstar forces on the eve of Operation Bulldog, circa 3059:

A ComStar Level II is baited into an ambush by a lone Hunchback IIC
    yt25moh6jmil.jpg

The Highlander and Black Knight engaging the Hunchback IIC
    153c7d8m7l60.jpg

The rest of the Smoke Jaguar Garrison star preparing to spring the trap
    ok28negcibbg.jpg

The trap is sprung, but the ComStar King Crab had turned a corner and and forces the Smoke Jaguars to contemplate splitting their fire
    3hl8ghtr3q8w.jpg

The ComStar Exterminator and Sentinel attempt to open another flank on the Smoke Jaguar lines
    x9fjrttpxc5g.jpg

Additional stills during the ambush:
    yqpc4z4r410r.jpg
    c18t4dbxl5y5.jpg
    b1vt6nf5g2qo.jpg
    g4mlc2hdyz96.jpg

edited September 2021
    With the arrival of Wave 2, and nearing the tail end (spoiler: it's a remarkably long tail) of the task, Project Build All The Things takes a....kitbashed turn.

On the left, a pristine SLDF King Crab.

On the right, slightly unfinished and cobbled from all sorts of parts, a King Crab.

While most may choose to pilot the former, I believe in the build of the latter for the simple fact it could torso twist more than five degrees off center.

inbl36Rh.jpg

Truly, a build of Periphery inspiration.

Nips on
    God bless you Periphery.

For no particular reason, except maybe to spark imagination, here is random BT art from around the Net.

rxloDRj.jpg

5lil91Y.jpg

J1oilvY.jpg

hg7HFzL.jpg

bJPUQhm.jpg

bBHcftK.jpg

M4P3Eoq.jpg

The second one with the Marauder? Take a second hard look at it, I love it.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That Marauder would have been right at home in the original 1980's books.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »
    That Marauder would have been right at home in the original 1980's books.

It's a FrakenMech too, the legs are from something else. I love it so much.

That third one with the K.C. has been my phone homescreen background from the moment it existed online.

Goddamn I love that art.

And even more! I am on kind of a kick. Honestly, finding line art is easy but the art that is in sourcebooks or fanart? Much more difficult.

dsqN4D9.jpg

P6SEbsI.jpg

ysy6n50.jpg

M28wcRm.jpg

WqjIEVg.jpg

3enxQZ6.jpg

jwRrlVk.jpg

8cvESj3.jpg

TNZzeKe.jpg

rJKWY0H.jpg

qKS81fk.jpg

8TZXIPl.jpg

Trying to find non-meme UrbanMech art is exceptionally difficult.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    That urbanmech in #9 is being loaded with fin-stabilized discarding sabot rounds, but it's AC barrel is clearly rifled. What sort of two-bit fictional-realism is this??
    These are all awesome. #1 and #3 with the hatchetmen my favorites of this bunch. Such good storytelling going on.
    And because of that last pic, I'd totally play a mechwarrior game based around running a salvage company, dragging mech carcasses out of swamps ala Spintires.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    whats interesting, and i never really realized before, canonically the Jenner cant torso twist. Was reading the Battlemech Manual looking at quirks last night and noticed it.

probably why he didnt see that car. HEYOOOOOO. ill be here all night

kx3klFE.png
    edited September 2021
    Man, the MAD II (c?) getting brutalized by the Hatchemans is *chef's kiss*

That'll instantly be one of my IRL buddies' new top fave, he's got a deep and abiding passion for hatchet-bearing stompybots.

And I literally have a unit scheduled for a Raven Alliance R-Team, a "combat salvage" star the Ravens use, and I can tell you a Locust does NOT have good towing capacity!

Nips on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Blurry pic from my friend's phone since I'd forgotten mine at home, but the Desert map pack's airfield is so good
    20210912_150017.jpg

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    And I literally have a unit scheduled for a Raven Alliance R-Team, a "combat salvage" star the Ravens use, and I can tell you a Locust does NOT have good towing capacity!

My immediate reaction when I got to that pic was to laugh out loud and go "are they really going to make that poor Locust try to winch out a Hunchback?"

Look at its spindly legs, they aren't built for industrialmech work, they're meant to run wild and free! It's practically bug 'mech cruelty.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

My immediate reaction when I got to that pic was to laugh out loud and go "are they really going to make that poor Locust try to winch out a Hunchback?"

Look at its spindly legs, they aren't built for industrialmech work, they're meant to run wild and free! It's practically bug 'mech cruelty.

It's just trying to get the cable over to the ground vehicles.
    I'm sure they've got winches much better suited to the task.

edited September 2021
    God dammit.

Now I want a "Mech Salvage Simulator 3021" ala the Farm/Construction/Whatever sim games.

edit- with a splash of Hardspace: Shipbreaker

Axen on
    Reminds me of a scenario in the old battleforce book. Basically it's you vs your opponent with salvage markers scattered on the map. You gotta fight to collect the most.

kx3klFE.png
    edited September 2021
    Turns out a couple centuries ago the SLDF fought a battle in a valley on some backwater Periphery world. A stray shot destroyed a large dam and flooded the entire place under a couple hundred meters of water and mud. Everything was lost. Fast forward to present and that lake has dried up considerably and some random farmer rediscovered the battle site. Star League era mechs ripe for the taking! Sure they're a bit water logged and still buried in mud, but easy pickings otherwise!

Get in, secure the area and defend our salvage team.

Though we're not going to be the only crew out there. That damn farmer told everyone from here to Terra about it.

Axen on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Finally consolidated my Wave 1 and Wave 2 boxes together so I can store them easier.

Somehow I wound up getting two Mercenaries II pilot decks.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited September 2021
    Ianator wrote: »
    Finally consolidated my Wave 1 and Wave 2 boxes together so I can store them easier.

Somehow I wound up getting two Mercenaries II pilot decks.
    During Wave One (or those with Single-Wave shipping) we produced and delivered three MechWarrior Pilot Decks:

Champions of the Inner Sphere I
    Mercenaries of the Inner Sphere II
    Warriors of Kerensky I

As part of Wave Two we were supposed to produce the following decks:

Battle of Tukayyid
    Mercenaries of the Inner Sphere I
    Warriors of Kerensky II

What no one foresaw was how insanely complicated these decks would be to produce. Custom art, based on backer photos or description. Rendering of the art for the units with appropriate colors. Collation. Coordination. We stressed out our pool of authors, artists and fact checkers; just about killed out Art Director who still rolls into a fetal position any time we bring up doing new custom-art card decks.

In the end, with the clock bearing down on us and no leeway from our factory (at that time) for error, we chose to focus our efforts on the miniatures, maps, plushies, and so on. So, instead of three decks, we took the best of what we had ready and produced one new deck: Heroes of the Clan Invasion.

Everyone who purchased any of those decks will receive a credit in the coming weeks. ALSO, you should receive a free copy of Heroes as our way of making up for any inconvenience.

As with the faction dice, above, we hope to revisit these decks in the future.

I think everyone just got a 2nd copy of Mercs II instead. Which I'm extremely annoyed by. They made three decks for wave one yet somehow "no one foresaw was how insanely complicated these decks would be to produce" when it came time for wave two, so instead of warning us they just changed it on the fly.

Tox on
    and the best part is that thers a Mercs 2 deck, but there will never be a Mercs 1 deck. collector OCD on fire.

kx3klFE.png
    and the best part is that thers a Mercs 2 deck, but there will never be a Mercs 1 deck. collector OCD on fire.

Going into the same pile as Card #65 of the Alpha Strike Lance Pack cards. There were 8 Lance Packs with 8 cards apiece totaling 64, but they're all labelled as "n/65".

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List