As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] Clan Invasion Out Now! New Clan - Berenstain Bears

1686971737482

Posts

  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Or just use the extra limbs as markers for where mechs got parts (that can be used as clubs) blown off.

    If they give me six legs and three arms then clearly they intend for all of them to be used to create an affront to god

    wWuzwvJ.png
    H3KnucklesNipsBetsuni
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Oh god damnit.

    I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I literally just assigned my Wolfhound to a star for Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

    If that's not a sign I should just buy the damn new shiny thing, I don't know what is.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    H3KnucklesBetsuniNobodyIanatorElvenshaeToxDarkewolfeHeffling
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Here I thought it would have sold out by now. Are there as many Nips out there on the fence about it?

    I have no idea that the Grinner in MWO wasn't correct (well I know that the one rear laser was moved to the front for the game) till now. So this is my way of having one of my favorite mechs on the tabletop and support the local manufacturing of mechs.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm kinda indifferent towards it personally.

  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh god damnit.

    I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I literally just assigned my Wolfhound to a star for Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

    If that's not a sign I should just buy the damn new shiny thing, I don't know what is.

    Well if it's on the spreadsheet, you have no choice! You can't just change a spreadsheet

    ElvenshaeDarkewolfeH3Knuckles
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh god damnit.

    I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I literally just assigned my Wolfhound to a star for Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

    If that's not a sign I should just buy the damn new shiny thing, I don't know what is.

    Well if it's on the spreadsheet, you have no choice! You can't just change a spreadsheet

    Listen, it might sound that simple. But then that frees up a random Wolfhound loose on the spreadsheet, giving it no assigned home. Which means I have to add another line, for another unit that's going to require another set of decisions on who fields it and what their camo spec is. AND THEN I'll need to get it at least three more friends, which means buying more tiny robots.

    You see how this cycle goes, right? Right now, everything is a smooth and tightly-packed set of decisions, with no loose ends. It's like a perfect Jenga tower, and none of the blocks have been poked out yet.

    I buy Grinner, and I suddenly have to start playing Jenga again.

    On the upside, I just went and looked at CGL's site. Grinner's still in stock, but there's nothing else there I want or need, and I'm not about to pay for shipping! This at least keeps me safe for now....until those new Salvage boxes show up in their store...

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    H3KnucklesIolo
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh god damnit.

    I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I literally just assigned my Wolfhound to a star for Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

    If that's not a sign I should just buy the damn new shiny thing, I don't know what is.

    Well if it's on the spreadsheet, you have no choice! You can't just change a spreadsheet

    Listen, it might sound that simple. But then that frees up a random Wolfhound loose on the spreadsheet, giving it no assigned home. Which means I have to add another line, for another unit that's going to require another set of decisions on who fields it and what their camo spec is. AND THEN I'll need to get it at least three more friends, which means buying more tiny robots.

    You see how this cycle goes, right? Right now, everything is a smooth and tightly-packed set of decisions, with no loose ends. It's like a perfect Jenga tower, and none of the blocks have been poked out yet.

    I buy Grinner, and I suddenly have to start playing Jenga again.

    On the upside, I just went and looked at CGL's site. Grinner's still in stock, but there's nothing else there I want or need, and I'm not about to pay for shipping! This at least keeps me safe for now....until those new Salvage boxes show up in their store...

    Sounds like you need to talk with Stan of Stan's Previously Owned Mechs.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    NipsElvenshaeTOGSolidH3Knuckles
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    "Stan's New & Used" but it's just OmniMechs

    NipsBetsuniH3Knuckles
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok, how about the shop across the street? Betsuni's Fresh From the Battlefield BattleMechs.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Nips
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    [Stealth Edit] Also, there's a MYSTERY here! Did Creative Juggernaut do this Grinner sculpt? If so, why aren't they showing proofs like they did the first two models? And if not, THEN WHO DID THIS MODEL? Is the build quality the same? Better? Somehow tragically worse?

    God damnit, I demand answers!

    Email indicates it was Monster Fight Club.

    Kinda wondering if it has anything to do with Pardoe’s recent Twitter rants

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 20
    Nobody wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    [Stealth Edit] Also, there's a MYSTERY here! Did Creative Juggernaut do this Grinner sculpt? If so, why aren't they showing proofs like they did the first two models? And if not, THEN WHO DID THIS MODEL? Is the build quality the same? Better? Somehow tragically worse?

    God damnit, I demand answers!

    Email indicates it was Monster Fight Club.

    Kinda wondering if it has anything to do with Pardoe’s recent Twitter rants

    Ok, now I need to know more, on two different fronts.

    [Edit] Okay, so an hour of Surfing the Tubes later:
    1> Monster Fight Club seems like a good fit, if a different specialties-plastic-figure pipeline was deemed necessary. I'd still like to see or read more details about the switch, and what their pipeline looks like. But that's just itinerant curiosity on my part.

    2> Skimmed BLP's Twitter, and while I didn't see any specifics (love to read more about any BT or CGL specific rants, didn't see any) the general vibe of his stances on things leads me to continue to choose to ignore anything he says, does, or is deeply involved in.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    IanatorPhoenix-D
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 20
    Nips wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    [Stealth Edit] Also, there's a MYSTERY here! Did Creative Juggernaut do this Grinner sculpt? If so, why aren't they showing proofs like they did the first two models? And if not, THEN WHO DID THIS MODEL? Is the build quality the same? Better? Somehow tragically worse?

    God damnit, I demand answers!

    Email indicates it was Monster Fight Club.

    Kinda wondering if it has anything to do with Pardoe’s recent Twitter rants

    Ok, now I need to know more, on two different fronts.

    [Edit] Okay, so an hour of Surfing the Tubes later:
    1> Monster Fight Club seems like a good fit, if a different specialties-plastic-figure pipeline was deemed necessary. I'd still like to see or read more details about the switch, and what their pipeline looks like. But that's just itinerant curiosity on my part.

    2> Skimmed BLP's Twitter, and while I didn't see any specifics (love to read more about any BT or CGL specific rants, didn't see any) the general vibe of his stances on things leads me to continue to choose to ignore anything he says, does, or is deeply involved in.

    IIRC it wasn't anything to do with rants against CGL and BT (far from it as far as I can recall), but he has been very vocal on certain unsavory political views which CGL may be trying to distance from.

    Nobody on
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Based on what I read on his feed tonight, yeah that tracks.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nobody
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    [Stealth Edit] Also, there's a MYSTERY here! Did Creative Juggernaut do this Grinner sculpt? If so, why aren't they showing proofs like they did the first two models? And if not, THEN WHO DID THIS MODEL? Is the build quality the same? Better? Somehow tragically worse?

    God damnit, I demand answers!

    Email indicates it was Monster Fight Club.

    Kinda wondering if it has anything to do with Pardoe’s recent Twitter rants

    Ok, now I need to know more, on two different fronts.

    [Edit] Okay, so an hour of Surfing the Tubes later:
    1> Monster Fight Club seems like a good fit, if a different specialties-plastic-figure pipeline was deemed necessary. I'd still like to see or read more details about the switch, and what their pipeline looks like. But that's just itinerant curiosity on my part.

    2> Skimmed BLP's Twitter, and while I didn't see any specifics (love to read more about any BT or CGL specific rants, didn't see any) the general vibe of his stances on things leads me to continue to choose to ignore anything he says, does, or is deeply involved in.

    IIRC it wasn't anything to do with rants against CGL and BT (far from it as far as I can recall), but he has been very vocal on certain unsavory political views which CGL may be trying to distance from.

    Ah, hell. Is BLP a milkshake duck?

    I mean, he's certainly not one of my top Battletech writers, but that still sucks.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Pretty much, a scroll down on his twitter page reveals his viewpoints, but I dunno if he's ever really tried to hide it.

    NipsH3KnucklesPhoenix-D
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 20
    I'm gonna be honest with you, I never really paid all that much attention to the people behind the scenes. I didn't find out about the scandal where Loren Coleman got in trouble (for borrowing from the company till to the point that it was interfering with CGL's ability to make payments to their freelancers) until years after it had largely blown over.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Honestly I didn’t know about him until I saw a screenshot floating around of one of his worst Twitter statements and confirmed it wasn’t a fake myself.

  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    The worst part for me was that once I knew he was like that, I could absolutely see it in his writing. Everyone knows way too much about the US Civil War. Smoke Jaguars being all despondent over the destruction of their statues, etc etc.

    Nobody
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh god damnit.

    I just looked at my spreadsheet, and I literally just assigned my Wolfhound to a star for Clan Wolf-In-Exile.

    If that's not a sign I should just buy the damn new shiny thing, I don't know what is.

    Well if it's on the spreadsheet, you have no choice! You can't just change a spreadsheet

    Listen, it might sound that simple. But then that frees up a random Wolfhound loose on the spreadsheet, giving it no assigned home. Which means I have to add another line, for another unit that's going to require another set of decisions on who fields it and what their camo spec is. AND THEN I'll need to get it at least three more friends, which means buying more tiny robots.

    You see how this cycle goes, right? Right now, everything is a smooth and tightly-packed set of decisions, with no loose ends. It's like a perfect Jenga tower, and none of the blocks have been poked out yet.

    I buy Grinner, and I suddenly have to start playing Jenga again.

    On the upside, I just went and looked at CGL's site. Grinner's still in stock, but there's nothing else there I want or need, and I'm not about to pay for shipping! This at least keeps me safe for now....until those new Salvage boxes show up in their store...

    My ramen box of assorted grey plastic laughs at your anguish!

    zW0NKxe.png
    ElvenshaeNipsBetsuniH3KnucklesPhoenix-D
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battletech/comments/swl6ne/found_a_whole_box_of_salvage/

    An interesting post. It comes off as a clear warning not to bulk buy these things, especially including the comment that mentions that this salvage case pack completely matches another case pack another buyer picked up.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Eh. The intent was to offer something blind and random. That people are buying literally entire cases and finding it's pseudo-random across multiple cases is no great shock to me. I can still be confident that when I find one in my hand, I'll have no idea what's inside, and that's the lure. Not sure there's much to be upset about here.

    In other news, speaking of chop shop jobs, Project Assemble All The Things has pushed into salvage territory:

    j12STcKl.jpeg

    A salvaged Locust with refurbished SRMs and a new laser mount. Pretty easy this one, since I just borrowed parts that were already extant. Print, clean, cure, glue, done. Boom, missiles.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniH3KnucklesElvenshaeIanatorHeffling
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 23
    Is the Wolfhound IIC still available? I want it, but money's an issue and while it isn't expensive, it is a lot for a single mini...

    Kind of hoping it would sell out and take the choice out of my hands.


    Edit: looks like it sold out. Now to regret holding off, lol.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Is the Wolfhound IIC still available? I want it, but money's an issue and while it isn't expensive, it is a lot for a single mini...

    Kind of hoping it would sell out and take the choice out of my hands.


    Edit: looks like it sold out. Now to regret holding off, lol.

    You're in luck!

    From their email:
    However, we guarantee future print runs will be made available as we continue to optimize the premium line to your expectations.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    H3Knuckles
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Oh, that's nice. Later will probably be a better time for me.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Tox
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

    It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    IanatorNobodyBetsuniIoloH3Knuckles
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

    It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

    Damn them....

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

    It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

    Damn them....

    Oh dammit that blue mech is a dragon, isn't it?

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 24
    Atlas, I think, based on the hip-cannon.

    Ed: oh, probably looking at it wrong. I think you’re right.

    Elvenshae on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 25
    Tox wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

    It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

    Damn them....

    Oh dammit that blue mech is a dragon, isn't it?

    I am summoned.

    edit: I think it might actually be an Archer because it looks like it has side torso missiles

    edit edit: Oh, the blue one that the Urbanmech is on top of. I can see it being a Dragon, with the left arm ending in a claw and then a wrist mounted laser that sticks out

    DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 25
    n6gam1bbt8wb.png

    Going with definitely a DRG under the Urbie, based on the set-back cockpit (three windows are a distinctive touch), the arm-cannon on the right arm, the grabby hand and side-mount laser on the left arm, and the normal feet.

    Elvenshae on
    Iolo
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I want to say Phoenix Hawk

  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I want to say Phoenix Hawk

    That's my guess for the white-with-red one

    Elvenshae
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

    It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

    They should do plushes for the Clan totem animals.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    NobodyBetsuniToxElvenshae
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    • Wolf pup
    • Ghost Bear cub
    • Jade eyas (falcon chick)
    • Smoke Jaguar cub
    • Nova kitty
    • Steel egg
    • Hell's foal
    • Diamond shark pup (alternatively, whatever you'd call a baby Seafox; they're reptiles not mammals, IIRC)

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    sZMuLZj.jpg

    Think I found my colors :)

    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    NobodyElvenshaeBetsuniH3KnucklesNipsIolo
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited February 27
    OP edited to add:
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh also there's JAPANESE BATTLETECH!

    near the bottom

    Tox on
    NipsBetsuni
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    Weirdly pertinent to the conversation: there's a pretty prolific modeler named SirMortimerBombito that posts builds in the Facebook BT modeling/printing groups, and he recently did a Japanese Archer.

    1.jpeg

    Also a Crusader:
    22.jpeg


    If he weren't selling them for as much as he is, I might be tempted. That said, he does really good work across the board, and I think he did a good job adapting that slightly-derpy (IMO) line art into 3D.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniToxIanatorH3Knuckles
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    In today's installment of Project Build All The Things, we return to the salvage block with a Locust of the 1M variety. LRMs!

    BObrxe9l.jpeg

    Pretty simple, with custom tube-launcher style LRMs. I saw a couple LCTs on the internet that people did back in Ye Old Days, and it looked like they used the launcher off the Unseen Griffin or Thunderbolt, so I wanted to evoke that look.

    I need to work on the sizing of my surface details it seems though; the nubs on the butt ends and the side panels don't show up very well with my printer. Ah well. Anyway, it's done, so onto the next.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ToxNobodyBetsuniIanatorH3KnucklesIoloElvenshaeHeffling
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    It's a bit weird to have japanese versions of mechs that was already japanese designs.

    Nips, with all the Locust spam I'm starting to think you also go by the nick Fritz? :)

    Which reminds me, have anyone seen wargamer fritz's youtube videos and can comment on whether he actually knows what he's talking about?

    I've watched a lot of his videos. But mostly because he speaks clearly and generally sticks to the topic.

    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited February 28
    Ups. Double post.

    Actually I'll use this post to ask.

    How much do people keep all their Inner Sphere and Clan mechs in the same colour?

    I can't remember the exact number but I think I have 30-50 mechs of each.

    If I build lances like Nips does and then pick an army for a game with mechs from diffrently painted lances/stars will it end up looking messy?

    Or do you think it's more important to have some varied display models?

    Nought on
    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
Sign In or Register to comment.