As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Also this might get me to rebuy on steam for blueprint sharing in the workshop.

That seems like a pretty big assumption. There was no mention of Steam Workshop in the video.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

That seems like a pretty big assumption. There was no mention of Steam Workshop in the video.

There didn't have to be? It would just be a centralized hub that downloads to the blueprints folder, same as any third party mod

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »

There didn't have to be? It would just be a centralized hub that downloads to the blueprints folder, same as any third party mod

Which in absolutely no way would require webguy20 to rebuy on Steam.

No but then he doesn't have to open another program

ikbUJdU.jpg

No but then he doesn't have to open another program

Only if Satisfactory gets Steam Workshop support for sharing blueprints, which is not confirmed and entirely speculation.

I feel like we're talking past each other and I'm not sure where the confusion started.

Anyway, blueprints seem neat. I think I'll mostly use them for easier to make manifolds. No more having to set up all the splitters for manufacturers!!!

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I cant imagine it not getting steam workshop support considering the bevy of mods and now blueprints coming.

I’ll of course wait for an announcement but i bet it comes with 1.0.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Elvenshae
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I just realized I have no idea how to turn the server into an experimental one. Guess I'll have to look into that.

EDIT: Well, that took all of a minute. Thank you Satisfactory Wiki.

Undead Scottsman on
    3cl1ps3Elvenshae
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    How does one join this server? Is it something the Jedi would teach me?

3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    How does one join this server? Is it something the Jedi would teach me?

You just go to the server part of the game and put in the info that I will sent you a PM for here, shortly.

3cl1ps3
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    +1 server info request!

Let me know if you guys start hitting the player limit because I can increase it. No guarrentees the server will run well though. :grin:

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    In the short term I won't be too hugely active on it due to other stuff going on, but I'm hoping things clear up for me over the next week.

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got our first train line operational! Plastic and rubber from the Gold Coast oilfields to the main hub. It's a short run, but it's a start!

Elvenshae
    I've been building up that super nice starter area near our quartz; I have all four iron nodes smelting, one going to a sink for the moment and the others each going to rods, plates and screws (two lines of 480 screws!). I might turn that spare node into more plates and combine with a screw line to make reinforced plates, but I'm taking a break at the moment. All of the lines are connected to sinks so when they fill, they won't go to waste yet.

Haven't started on concrete or copper yet. Eventually, I'd like to get that quartz spot automated and making crystal resonators too.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I threw together a Manufacturer producing Heavy Modular Frames. Steel beam production seems much lower than steel pipe, though, so encased beam production concerns me a little.

I threw together a Manufacturer producing Heavy Modular Frames. Steel beam production seems much lower than steel pipe, though, so encased beam production concerns me a little.

I was going to go way way down south and start a second factory on the same train line. Wanted to focus on steel products and encased beams.

If anyone finds the encased beams recipe that uses pipes, it's a pretty useful one.

Also, we're going to be short on power pretty soon.

What do people think about just cheating in the alt recipes? I don't know if anyone else wants to go find all of them, but I'm not keen to do that for a third time, especially on a multiplayer server where I can't really track which ones have been collected.

I can go update my steel factory now that we got mark IV belts, I just been at the hospital the past couple days

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Ah geez, hope you're okay!

Undead ScottsmanDocTynnan
    ah no I'm fine, my wife had some surgery

ikbUJdU.jpg
    ..ah geez, I hope she's okay!

JedocTynnanDocIanator
    also fine! well, as fine as chronic illness can be but yeah she's doing ok

ikbUJdU.jpg
    3cl1ps3Docwebguy20Elvenshae
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I wanted to start making the adaptive control units, so I'm now making HMFs at the iron factory as well. Apologies if this seems like duolication, but the dedicated factory gives us room to scale up. The whole chain is making some excess encased industrial beams as well.

ASimPerson on
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I wanted to start making the adaptive control units, so I'm now making HMFs at the iron factory as well. Apologies if this seems like duolication, but the dedicated factory gives us room to scale up. The whole chain is making some excess encased industrial beams as well.

Go wild. Nothing is permanent until we get teir 3 miners and teir 5 belts, anyway. :grin:

Doc

Go wild. Nothing is permanent until we get teir 3 miners and teir 5 belts, anyway. :grin:

I tore down and sloppily rebuilt and rerouted the entire OG site to complete phase 2, I don't see why we can't do it again for 3

ikbUJdU.jpg

Yep, getting to the next tier will be helpful. If we can get blenders and the diluted fuel recipe, power problems go away pretty quick.

Also, if anyone sees the recycled plastic/rubber recipes, get it. I've put a few 300 oil -> 900 rubber/plastic setups together in the past and I'm pretty quick with it by now.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Oh definitely, just trying to build stuff where we can upgrade instead of spaghetti city. I sort of consider the base a mall for common parts, and as we get more specialized that'll be at specialized factories.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My next few weeks are pretty light on video game time, but kindly DM me the server info. I will *checks notes* not get drunk and build a titanic cock and balls out of foundations.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    We were experiencing power fluctuations, so I did some digging and the fuel production at the oil plant was taking away from the heavy oil needed to produce the coke, so the coal plants on the end weren't getting enough fuel.

I've turned off the fuel and built a new, extremely inefficient, extremely spaghetti oil pump/fuel refinery setup, so we not only have more fuel being made, but also polymer resin (which is tied to a sink at the moment)

I'm waiting for the coke manifold to fill up to see if it's working, but we're gonna need to look at expanding our power setup soon. I'm currently trying to get the last elevator part automated so we can get to teir 7/8.

We were experiencing power fluctuations, so I did some digging and the fuel production at the oil plant was taking away from the heavy oil needed to produce the coke, so the coal plants on the end weren't getting enough fuel.

I've turned off the fuel and built a new, extremely inefficient, extremely spaghetti oil pump/fuel refinery setup, so we not only have more fuel being made, but also polymer resin (which is tied to a sink at the moment)

I'm waiting for the coke manifold to fill up to see if it's working, but we're gonna need to look at expanding our power setup soon. I'm currently trying to get the last elevator part automated so we can get to teir 7/8.

oh shit, we need polymer resin for the MAM! oh also I unlocked hard drive searching

ikbUJdU.jpg

Yeah I had set up the fuel thing just for incidental jetpack use, but I neglected to put up a sign. Before I knew it, it was being used as truck fuel as well as being shipped to the main base.

Lesson learned: put a big "do not touch" sign on anything sensitive, heh.

Power leveled out and I built a bigass battery array that should keep us afloat in case it gets wiggy again. I blew through our stored plastic when I hooked the computer output into a sink, but I cut that off so it should build up again. We have all the elevator parts being built, though one of them isn't wired into the elevator and will have to be hand-fed. I also unlocked a bunch of stuff in the MAM.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    For anything that's being sunk: use a smart splitter.

Connect one output to the sink, and the other to a storage crate. Set the splitter to only send overflow to the sink.

Boom, you always have overflow resources to work with

You can get a lot fancier than this - all my factories actually proritize filling up storage containers linked to the drone network, before it can go deeper into the factory to be made into higher tier items.

In the case of polymer resin specifically, it's worth capturing rather than sinking as you can recycle it into plastic/rubber/fabric with just water & power, for a much higher point return than just sinking it. Sinking should be a "in case of overflow" type situation.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Doc
    stuff's been sent up to the elevator and unlocked the rifle, there's a bunch of smokeless powder at the hub

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Finally hopped onto the SE server. Extended the train line out to the spire coast if anyone wants to start making use of all that oil.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    DocElvenshae
    For anything that's being sunk: use a smart splitter.

Connect one output to the sink, and the other to a storage crate. Set the splitter to only send overflow to the sink.

Boom, you always have overflow resources to work with

You can get a lot fancier than this - all my factories actually proritize filling up storage containers linked to the drone network, before it can go deeper into the factory to be made into higher tier items.

In the case of polymer resin specifically, it's worth capturing rather than sinking as you can recycle it into plastic/rubber/fabric with just water & power, for a much higher point return than just sinking it. Sinking should be a "in case of overflow" type situation.

Yes, that's what I was doing.

The Zombie Penguin
    Ugh, baseline bauxite is a right pain in the ass to get to alcad sheets. Bauxite and water and coal and silicia and copper. Just a complete mess.

Ugh, baseline bauxite is a right pain in the ass to get to alcad sheets. Bauxite and water and coal and silicia and copper. Just a complete mess.

Yeah. Tomorrow or sometime soon I'm going to hunt for the recipes that leave our silica altogether.

edited November 2022
    Doc wrote: »

Yeah. Tomorrow or sometime soon I'm going to hunt for the recipes that leave our silica altogether.

I snagged the bauxite node up on the giant arch and started building a setup near the lake, but the lack of coal stymied me. There's a giant ramp near our base with the bauxite line coming down (miner still needs power) if someone else wants to take a crack at it. My eyes started glazing over. :biggrin:

Undead Scottsman on
    Doc wrote: »

I snagged the bauxite node up on the giant arch and started building a setup near the lake, but the lack of coal stymied me. There's a giant ramp near our base with the bauxite line coming down (miner still needs power) if someone else wants to take a crack at it. My eyes started glazing over. :biggrin:

Right on; I'll probably go claim one elsewhere. My setup for the previous two games was to set up Aluminum Ingot production up on top of the arch for both of the nodes up there, using water from above the waterfall, and train in coal from elsewhere. I've found that to be a pretty good system.