As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    Ugh, baseline bauxite is a right pain in the ass to get to alcad sheets. Bauxite and water and coal and silicia and copper. Just a complete mess.

Yeah. Tomorrow or sometime soon I'm going to hunt for the recipes that leave our silica altogether.

I snagged the bauxite node up on the giant arch and started building a setup near the lake, but the lack of coal stymied me. There's a giant ramp near our base with the bauxite line coming down (miner still needs power) if someone else wants to take a crack at it. My eyes started glazing over. :biggrin:

Right on; I'll probably go claim one elsewhere. My setup for the previous two games was to set up Aluminum Ingot production up on top of the arch for both of the nodes up there, using water from above the waterfall, and train in coal from elsewhere. I've found that to be a pretty good system.

Feel free to do that again; I didn't spend that long on it. honestly getting up there in the first place was the hard part.

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2022
    Ugh, baseline bauxite is a right pain in the ass to get to alcad sheets. Bauxite and water and coal and silicia and copper. Just a complete mess.

Yeah. Tomorrow or sometime soon I'm going to hunt for the recipes that leave our silica altogether.

I snagged the bauxite node up on the giant arch and started building a setup near the lake, but the lack of coal stymied me. There's a giant ramp near our base with the bauxite line coming down (miner still needs power) if someone else wants to take a crack at it. My eyes started glazing over. :biggrin:

Right on; I'll probably go claim one elsewhere. My setup for the previous two games was to set up Aluminum Ingot production up on top of the arch for both of the nodes up there, using water from above the waterfall, and train in coal from elsewhere. I've found that to be a pretty good system.

Feel free to do that again; I didn't spend that long on it. honestly getting up there in the first place was the hard part.

Zooping walkway stairs is the way!Also I'll stock up on parts for unlocking hard drives and do a recipe run sometime soon. I'd rather get the side benefit of more alt recipes than spend approximately the same amount of time messing with silica.

Doc on
    I'll run the save through the calculator and see if we can't generate a list of harddrives locations that are still untapped.

Here's an editable google sheet with the drives, so you can cross them off as you find them.

Link

Doc
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    One cool thing is seeing how fast stuff progresses with multiple people. Ya'll are flying through the tiers.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited November 2022
    I picked up a few harddrives and had to choose between pure aluminum and sloppy alumina for the last one. Went with pure aluminum ingots of course, so that's ingredient of the chain eliminted for now.

Also I brought some fabric to the base so we can craft gasmasks and filters now.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    One cool thing is seeing how fast stuff progresses with multiple people. Ya'll are flying through the tiers.

Well the server is also at like 120+ hours. You don’t have to be particularly efficient if you can just throw hours at the tier requirements

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    We're close to getting a rudimentary aluminum setup going, but I do not understand how this train stuff works, so the copper and coal train can't get to the rest of the setup and I'm not even sure where to begin. The track has all been laid, at least.

We're close to getting a rudimentary aluminum setup going, but I do not understand how this train stuff works, so the copper and coal train can't get to the rest of the setup and I'm not even sure where to begin. The track has all been laid, at least.

I'll take a look in a few hours when I have a bit.

edited November 2022
    For what it's worth, I've found that it's easiest to dedicate refinery sites to just making ingots and then making sheets or casings as needed where they're being used. Then the only thing that can happen is you need more aluminum, rather than having to fiddle with sheet/casing ratios.

But just to get started and knock out milestones? Yeah, crank out the aluminum products at the refinery.

Doc on
    edited November 2022

I just checked it out I think the problem was a bugged train signal out near the spire coast that was showing as "!" despite no real issues. I deleted and rebuilt the signal and your train is running now.

Those new stations don't have bidirectional access so right now the train has to run all the way out to the spire coast before it can turn around. Might want to rework access or add a couple turn around points.

edit: I added some unaesthetic but functional turn arounds

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    Yes, I had similar problems with signals when setting up the other stations. Never had the issue in single player.

Additionally, many of the signals are visually blank, so it's hard to debug.

3cl1ps3
    Everyone...

We have Tier 5 belts and are producing 180 sheets a minute.

Just don't look at the setup producing them. It's ugly by even my standards.

DocTynnanElvenshae
    I also unlocked hazmat suits and the god tier hoverpack. Reminder that fabric is being produced at the oil refinery and there's plenty of spare coal in the aluminum setup.

I got a bunch more hard drives. I unlocked stitched plates, insulated cables (no good alternative), and sloppy alumina, so aluminum production can now be entirely silica-free. I still have like nine drives on my character. I left one baking in the MAM. My priorities are now recycled plastic/rubber and diluted fuel. We need blenders unlocked for the last one, I think. I've done the diluted packaged fuel thing before and it's no fun.

I crossed the ones off that I got, but basically it's the ones along the large canyon, as well as the top 3/4 of the desert.

Mysst
    edited November 2022
    At some point, an overflow sink was hooked up to the receiving side train station for plastics/rubber at the main base. I unhooked it.

All this did was ensure that the main base was going to consume all available rubber/plastic - if we ever wanted to drop off more rubber/plastic elsewhere, it would have prevented us from doing that. Resources should back up into the unloading side of the train station (without a sink) by design. Let the loading side be worried about what happens when things back up there.

Sinks should be placed to keep the supply side from backing up - one was already there.

Doc on
    edited November 2022
    At some point, an overflow sink was hooked up to the receiving side train station for plastics/rubber at the main base. I unhooked it.

All this did was ensure that the main base was going to consume all available rubber/plastic - if we ever wanted to drop off more rubber/plastic elsewhere, it would have prevented us from doing that. Resources should back up into the unloading side of the train station (without a sink) by design. Let the loading side be worried about what happens when things back up there.

Sinks should be placed to keep the supply side from backing up - one was already there.

Heh, that was me. I was actually try to fix it compared to how it was set up before. Someone had put the overflows AFTER the storage containers with a line looping back into the container, so the container would just cycle through the same amount of material and everything else would wind up in the sink.

EDIT: We have four industrial storage containers full of alcad sheets, so I'm converting half of the line to aluminum casings now. Radio control units are expeeeeeeeensive.

EDIT2: We need supercomputers to progress so I built a hand fed setup near the space elevator. (It's also a hand fed AI limiter and high speed connector setup)

Soon we shall have the turbomotor. Soon the great remaking shall be upon us!

EDIT: We are also now nuclear capable, and I started setting up the nitrogen node north of our heavy modular frame setup. Didn't lay the pipeline for it yet though, but the equipment is set up and powered.

Undead Scottsman on
    Doc
    I got a bunch of useful recipes so far. Diluted fuel, heavy oil residue, recycled plastic, wet concrete, stitched plate, steel screws, and a few more I can't remember.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

Heh, that was me. I was actually try to fix it compared to how it was set up before. Someone had put the overflows AFTER the storage containers with a line looping back into the container, so the container would just cycle through the same amount of material and everything else would wind up in the sink.

EDIT: We have four industrial storage containers full of alcad sheets, so I'm converting half of the line to aluminum casings now. Radio control units are expeeeeeeeensive.

EDIT2: We need supercomputers to progress so I built a hand fed setup near the space elevator. (It's also a hand fed AI limiter and high speed connector setup)

Soon we shall have the turbomotor. Soon the great remaking shall be upon us!

EDIT: We are also now nuclear capable, and I started setting up the nitrogen node north of our heavy modular frame setup. Didn't lay the pipeline for it yet though, but the equipment is set up and powered.

yeah the overflow buffer on the unloading side was back when we weren't using rubber or plastic anywhere else

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I guess I will hop in later today and see what needs attention. I could devote time to building a rail network around the map?

The gold coast oil fields can support 900 plastic/minute, 900 rubber/minute, and a ridiculous amount of power output. So I'll probably point myself in that direction, since it doesn't require any new inputs or outputs.

edited November 2022
    The gold coast oil fields can support 900 plastic/minute, 900 rubber/minute, and a ridiculous amount of power output. So I'll probably point myself in that direction, since it doesn't require any new inputs or outputs.

Since we there's no advanced oil extractors, now that we have teir 5 belts, we can look into overclocking the oil extractors, which if you combine that with various alt recipies, you can really do some crazy shit.

Using only 2 pure and 2 normal nodes in the crator, I think I was producing 4200 plastic and 1200 rubber on my main save, plus a ton of fabric, coke, fuel and turbofuel which powered dozens of fuel generators.

And then it turned out I missed an impure node so I could have squeezed even more out of that area.

Undead Scottsman on

Since we there's no advanced oil extractors, now that we have teir 5 belts, we can look into overclocking the oil extractors, which if you combine that with various alt recipies, you can really do some crazy shit.

Using only 2 pure and 2 normal nodes in the crator, I think I was producing 4200 plastic and 1200 rubber on my main save, plus a ton of fabric, coke, fuel and turbofuel which powered dozens of fuel generators.

And then it turned out I missed an impure node so I could have squeezed even more out of that area.

Yeah, we have recipes for recycled plastic, recycled rubber, diluted fuel (both packaged and non-), and heavy oil residue. Everything we need to crank output to "plaid."

edited November 2022
    Been thinking about all the things it’ll be amazing to have Blueprints for. Sure constructor manifolds like they showed are obvious, but what else

-Stacked conveyors/pipes

-Double track trains rails, track transitions, and track intersections (hopefully train tracks will connect correctly)

-hypertube cannons. Make one with a biofuel generator for whenever you’re in the middle of nowhere

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    I'm stoked about the new conveyers.

If the patch drops before I leave for work tomorrow, I'll try and get the server updated. No promises.

I'll definitely be backing up the saves.

-hypertube cannons. Make one with a biofuel generator for whenever you’re in the middle of nowhere

An aside, there's a neat way of building these where you have a switch disconnecting the power, but also a battery on the cannon side of the switch. You turn the switch on, let it juice the battery for a couple of seconds, switch it off, and hop in. The battery powers the cannon and drains after you're gone, so it's not using power just sitting there.

Undead Scottsman
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Apparently the update is out in less than half an hour

Elvenshae
    edited November 2022
    Luckily I'm doing the late shift tonight so I had an extra half-hour. Server is updated to experimental and I went ahead and unlocked ceiling mounts.

I can't get the zipline sprinting to work though.

EDIT: Blueprint designer is Tier 4, if anyone was curious.

Undead Scottsman on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    They got update 7 out the door fast.

TynnanDoc3cl1ps3IanatorElvenshae
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Luckily I'm doing the late shift tonight so I had an extra half-hour. Server is updated to experimental and I went ahead and unlocked ceiling mounts.

I can't get the zipline sprinting to work though.

EDIT: Blueprint designer is Tier 4, if anyone was curious.

Tier 4 seems like a good spot. After you can get the basics down and when you just start to need to get more organized.

webguy20Elvenshae
    I think I’m going to start another new save

Will this finally be the factory I can build free of shame?

No

Steam ID
    3cl1ps3JedocTaminDocwebguy20TynnanElvenshaeSporkAndrew
    Im just holding out till 1.0 at this point.

MulletudeLeumasWhite
    edited November 2022
    Blueprints can definitely be a bit jank with things like alignment and connections. As I kind of expected things like train tracks or conveyors can't be connected blueprint to blueprint. Blueprints with slabs can connect with other blueprints but don't connect cleanly with non blueprint slabs. Will need to do some trial and error to figure out the best tricks and techniques

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    Man, hitting tier 7/8 really took the wind out of our sails, huh.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I haven’t been on the server yet due to a crazy schedule, but I’ll be around to chip away at tier 7/8 stuff over the next few days

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tier 7/8 just has so many components to all the crafting chains, it's much harder to do stochastically.

Doc
    Man, hitting tier 7/8 really took the wind out of our sails, huh.

I had some stuff come up for the next few days. There's a ton of materials for a diluted fuel power plant setup in 3 industrial storage containers under the oil fields train station if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I wonder what the next step is once all the production chains are populated. Architectural contest?

Tynnan wrote: »
    I wonder what the next step is once all the production chains are populated. Architectural contest?

Optimize.

Every.

Node.

On a serious note, we'll still need to set up at least one optimized non-spaghetti set of productions lines, build a large nuclear setup, get the last set of space elevator parts (which takes forever) and put enough crap into the sink to get all of the statues.

Tynnan
    edited November 2022
    webguy20 wrote: »
    They got update 7 out the door fast.

I'm getting the sense that they're kind of tired of Satisfactory being in Early Access and want to hit 1.0 before the end of next year. It's been in development since 2016 and came out in Early Access in 2019. I'm hoping Update 8 will be the one that lets us make Superposition Oscillators and Quantum Computers (and the subsequent teleporters, tardis crates and what not they'd hopefully be able to make) and then they'll hunker down for 1.0

Also I suspect they're going to add a new gas, because it'd be really weird if there was only one. I'm guessing a noble gas like Helium or Argon, for building all of that crazy scifi stuff I mentioned earlier.

Undead Scottsman on
    Oh hey, they added new modes for the creatures.

Regular: Creatures attack and investigate players based on vision and hearing
    Retaliate: Creatures attack players after being attacked themselves
    Passive: Creatures never attack players

Do we want to turn on one of those modes?