As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have a pair of pure nodes just west of my main base, next to my power facilities. I haven't automated anything yet, but with my getting ready to expand into the eastern desert I imagine I'll set up some kind of manufacturing at the Western mouth of the canyon. Take advantage of those copper and iron pure nodes as well. Turn everything into ingots and train it into the Desert.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    About when can I expect to not have to tear trees down to power my productivity?

Apparently we can have interstellar corporations but we can't have a dang solar panel on top of our manufactorum/barracks.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    About when can I expect to not have to tear trees down to power my productivity?

Apparently we can have interstellar corporations but we can't have a dang solar panel on top of our manufactorum/barracks.

Ficsit is not about the renewable resources. You get coal power in tier 3/4. If you know what you're doing, about 5 hours in.

QuidTynnan
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Even with just the biomass burners, once you get solid biofuel it becomes much more manageable

webguy20ShortySporkAndrew
    While Radiation was doing things that were actually useful, I decided to see what was on top of the big plateau like mountain.

wFwu4Khh.jpg

GAb6eqWh.png

x8F2DR3h.png

Turns out mostly rocks and a lake. Ended up reaching the edge of the northern part of the map. Space elevator for reference:

Guv29nHh.jpg

The trek was high enough my fear of heights was kicking in even knowing it was just a game.

Tynnanwebguy20SporkAndrew
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    If anyone wants a collaborator I’d be up for joining their game. I took a week+ break to play some slay the spire, but I’ve begun to yearn for more... efficiency in my gaming experience

Yea the rumor is that plateau is going to be the next big area to get a refresh. I'd refrain from building in it. It's super neat though.

I would love a VR addition to this game. Being able to roam around and actually appreciate the scale of the buildings? Fuck yea. Also first person hyper tubes! It would need to be paired with an invincibility mode though, because fuck spiders creepin' your shit while in VR.

edited April 2020
    You can feel free to join ours. I leave it running so people can jump in and out. And I'm sure Radiation would like having someone around who was more useful than me.

Edit: My name on Epic is QuidYossarian.

Quid on
    Tynnan
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't believe the company that refers to me as property and has sent me to an uninhabited planet to strip mine it doesn't care about green energy.

Tynnan
    Trees are green

Nuclear waste is green

Now who's not people?

Quid wrote: »
    You can feel free to join ours. I leave it running so people can jump in and out. And I'm sure Radiation would like having someone around who was more useful than me.

Edit: My name on Epic is QuidYossarian.

Great! I'm zerofourfiveone on Epic, sent you a request.

Finally scaled the really tall mountain near my base in the top left desert area. It will be the new base for my hub. It has quite the view, and it had a HDD and a few power slugs up there too! Just have to build the foundations and hyper tubes.

znwrpcda12d0.jpg

pu5qklsm8ly7.jpg

Quid
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Yea the rumor is that plateau is going to be the next big area to get a refresh. I'd refrain from building in it. It's super neat though.

I would love a VR addition to this game. Being able to roam around and actually appreciate the scale of the buildings? Fuck yea. Also first person hyper tubes! It would need to be paired with an invincibility mode though, because fuck spiders creepin' your shit while in VR.

I'd be surprised if there isn't an eventual VR version. The gameplay is set up perfectly to allow for it.

Oh Tynnan this is important: When a tube ejects you it's best not to struggle.

webguy20Tynnan
    webguy20 wrote: »

I'd be surprised if there isn't an eventual VR version. The gameplay is set up perfectly to allow for it.

Being built on the Unreal engine there is probably a plugin that will do most of the work. It would be so cool to drive the buggy around first person, ride the trains, all of it.

Quid
    Plummet to your death screaming

Plummet to your death screaming

think of getting shot out of one of the map crossing hyper tube cannons. Hurk. Or climbing up a way up high radar tower, then jumping off. Hell you could make some fun obstacle courses with the different foundation pieces and stuff.

Quid
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The factory cart seems like it would be a horrifying experience in VR.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Speaking of, I decided to just kill myself by creating a tower of containers and leaping off after storing my stuff in the top one.

I slipped off the top rung of the ladder and plummeted to my death before I could finish the job.

webguy20ShortyTynnanKwoaruElvenshaespono
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Got aluminium up and running. Need to optimize it a bit. Tried to reorg things a bit. Have gun powder in the steel building. Also moved some stuff around a bit.
    I also reduced the waste fuel production. If we loose power, it's likely unrelated, but to help overcome the unrelated power shortfall, you can up the production of fuel in 2 of the refineries to 100 from 50%
    @Quid

PSN: jfrofl
    webguy20
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I set out last night with the intention of running a new coal line in to supplement my foundries whilst I went recipe hunting, but halfway across my bridge to the secondary coal plant I heard the dreaded "powering down" thunk and saw that my power generation had dropped from 1200MW to 600MW and could no longer support my sprawling engine of creation. Something had spiked somewhere knocking the power out to the water extractor / pumps at my primary coal plant which starved the generators of water and brought all 8 of them down.

So because it was late and I needed to get to bed I decided to do the sensible thing and trek back across the map (twice, because the first time I didn't bring enough concrete with me), upgrade the miner at the secondary plant, overclock it twice and then plonk down a few more coal plants and upgrade all the conveyors to cope with the new ore output. Now next time I play I can get a coal spur running back up the cliffs to the factory floor

I think I also need a hypertube going down from my cliff-base to the beach, because at the moment me just jumping off the foundations and aiming at the water below is resulting in about a 75% chance that I've mis-timed it and have to go back naked except for a parachute to retrieve my stuff

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    I think today I'm going to see just how creative I can get with the tubes

webguy20

Can you launch exit into entrance of another? Might be fun to make a rollercoaster type thing.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Radiation wrote: »

Can you launch exit into entrance of another? Might be fun to make a rollercoaster type thing.

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2X3wlvoShg

Yes you can

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Radiationwebguy20JedocQuidShortyElvenshaeOut Of Context
    First test is a success

I have to go in to work but I now plan to set up a gorge jumping tube system hopefully by tonight

@Radiation I'd do it myself if I wasn't leaving right this second, but could you toss up a separate copper sheet production if you have time later? Imma need a metric ton.

Should be producing 80 per minute. Got 2 industrial storage units being filled, though one has the normal creating stuff being pulled from it.
    Re-organized the copper area. Could add more if we need it.

Quid
    Test #2 killed my frame rate for a few seconds and nearly got me killed by a spider but now works reliably. The return trip remains deadly.

webguy20
    edited April 2020
    First circuit isn't exactly what I'd want but I'm pretty happy for a first attempt. I've lucked in to part of it including a bank shot off a refinery

Edit: I think the video is done processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=729xP8KaJCM

Quid on
    SporkAndrewMrMonroespono
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The latest experimental build adds multiple hot bars and I need that to hit live asap

2x39jD4.jpg
    QuidSporkAndrewOut Of Context
    Fuck yes. Give me a hotbar that I can dedicate to foundations and walls, one one for conveyors and tubes and i would be in heaven.

I saw that they are redesigning the train stations too. Did that hit?

I think it also has multiple dismantle

Tynnan wrote: »

That's already in the game. Hold shift I think?

Does that mean being able to hold down dismantle or selecting multiple items then dismantling all at once?

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Does that mean being able to hold down dismantle or selecting multiple items then dismantling all at once?

The latter. Hold CTRL while targeting things to dismantle.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    TynnanQuidSporkAndrew
    Second circuit complete and it's only had a fatality rate of

*checks notes*

5.8%! Pretty good odds if you ask me.

Five point eight percent? Not great, not terrible...

V2McSN0.png?1

THAT IS A PERFECTLY NORMAL SHAPE FOR THE HUMAN BODY DURING HIGH KINETIC TRAVEL

And now following that test we're down to 5.5%.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Took some time tonight to set up a refiner to turn my leftover resin into cloth so I can make filters when I need them. Then I went and collected the last of the hard drives, for when the next content hits.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I play on the experimental branch because I live life on the edge

I've actually not had any problems with it until this last patch, which made it so that water extractors don't snap to the water's surface anymore

it comes at a really unfortunate time, I needed to expand my coal power plant