As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    They got update 7 out the door fast.

I'm getting the sense that they're kind of tired of Satisfactory being in Early Access and want to hit 1.0 before the end of next year. It's been in development since 2016 and came out in Early Access in 2019. I'm hoping Update 8 will be the one that lets us make Superposition Oscillators and Quantum Computers (and the subsequent teleporters, tardis crates and what not they'd hopefully be able to make) and then they'll hunker down for 1.0

Also I suspect they're going to add a new gas, because it'd be really weird if there was only one. I'm guessing a noble gas like Helium or Argon, for building all of that crazy scifi stuff I mentioned earlier.

I'm also betting they want to get 7 onto the stable branch before the holidays. I bet we'll see updates 8 and 9 sometime in April/August and a 1.0 before the holidays again.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Tynnan
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I recommend we avoid using the designer on the dedicated server. I already cashed my game once and the server once. (Separate instances)

We had a power outage in town and my UPS's battery hasn't worked in years so if anyone tried to get onto the server and couldn't, that's why. Should be back up now.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    lol so I was fuckin around with the blueprinter and it totally crashes the game when I go to load a blueprint

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Yeah, the Designer seems mega unstable right now.

In other news, I finished out the caterium tree, so it's basically just the various types of ammo we have left to unlock. I set up a couple of geothermal power plants that were near our base. We also have programmable splitters unlocked but go easy on them if you use them, as they're apparently hell on performance on dedicated servers. I might recommend we only use them for a junk sorter in our main base once we get that up and running.

Also all those aluminum cases going into the netted us a ton of tickets, so I basically bought every unlockable in the Awesome shop, so that's done and we have dozens of tickets leftover if anyone wants cups or factory carts or boomboxes, feel free.

Right now our stumbling block for the last few tier unlocks is nitrogen infused modular frames and cooling systems, but those are going to be a pain to produce. Once that happens though, we can whip up some turbomotors, which means tier 3 miners and the fun really begins.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    A trick that i've used for real PiTA stuff like that - Fused Modulars, whatever is if i've already got the base ingredients being made, i just setup a quick and dirty blender setup by the nitrogen, plug the blenders in to the nitrogen, and then slap down a few storage boxes that i fill up with Heavy MFs/Casings/whatever the basic ingredients i need are.

It's nowhere near as useful as a full setup, but it takes a fraction of the time to get going, and saves a lot of time while i'm actually building whatever i need.

The same trick is great for stuff like the Space Elevator parts, as you can just dump the exact amounts needed into some containers and leave it to build while you do actually useful long term stuff.

I should really build a setup in my world for doing that with the current space elevator parts.... Something to think about, if nothing else.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    edited November 2022
    I acutally just did that. THe nitogen was already near the heavy modular frames plant, so I built a setup and manually carted over the aluminum frames.

Incidently, we have a fused modular frame setup going.

I'm gonna get a heatsink setup going so we can get a handfed cooling system->turbomotor setup going, though the radio control portion fo the turbomotor setup is going to be a paaaaaaain.

EDIT: Heatsink automation is a go.

And we have access to turbomotors now. We just need to farm up a bunch of them and then it's really going to hit the fan.

Undead Scottsman on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    @Undead Scottsman looks like there was a small patch released and the server needs to be updated when you have a chance

edited November 2022
    I'll be home in about an hour, thanks for the heads up.

Undead Scottsman on
    Server is updated.

Designer crashed the server when I tried to clear it, so maybe don't mess with the designer on the dedicated server still. :grin:

We're now producing 8 crystal oscillators a minute over by the quartz, so making radio control units just got a whole heck of a lot easier.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Just working on some stuff. :)

There's 75 turbomotors in the HUB. I'll wait until people start coming back before going any further. We should probably discuss how we want to proceed from here.

Was watching a Satisfactory youtuber and he mentioned there's apparently an issue with the pipe junctions. Apparently if you place an junction onto an existing pipe, it can cause flow issues, which I'm pretty certain is how I set up my massive oil recycling facility. I logged in to check out if that would fix the issues I have been having in my singleplayer game, but remembered they changed the water numbers for nuclear reactors and sure enough my setup was going haywire and backing up nuclear waste (I really need to export that spare water to outside of the setup instead of into one of the reactors) but I discovered another major problem.. at some point the water setup for my aluminum and sulfuric acid ballooned to 800/s, which is not good because I only have one 600 line and 120 from aluminum scrap being put into the system, meaning I was 80 water short, so less sulfuric acid, less encased uranium cells and less uranium fuel rods.

I never noticed because I had massive stockpiles in that setup.. which are now almost depleted. Ooops. Thankfully the new water setup means I can just pull some from nearby, but I am going to have to rethink the entire water design for my nuclear setup, which sucks. I think I'm officially going to put my singleplayer save on ice until 1.0; I don't want to design a bunch more stuff only to have it get borked in a later update. Again. Never even got a chance to see if that junction issue would fix my problem, either.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    One design opinion I've heard expressed (regarding Factorio, anyways) is "Buffers are a trap". The more you have stored up, the longer it'll take to notice when your production falls into deficit.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    ASimPersonPenumbra
    edited November 2022
    I logged in for a bit last night. Wasn't sure what to do, so I got 2 hard drives near our base and unlocked turbofuel. Also got my personal equipment caught up to where we're at since it's been a few days since I was last able to get in.

ASimPerson on
    We're pretty much at the point where we have all of the pertinent techs unlocked (we're only missing the nuclear recycling tier) so we're in position to tear everything down and rebuild, but I haven't seen a lot of people on in the last week so I dunno if people just got busy or just lost interest.

I have a design for a megafactory I want to try out, but it's just the mechanics rather than flair and if I was going to put it together myself, I'd probably just do it on my own save. I might do a prototype to give an idea. Also we may as a group want to approach things in a different way.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I regret to say I haven't logged in to help yet. I will get some time to play. I want to build perfection

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I've got no plans through Thanksgiving weekend so I'll be able to hop on in the next few days

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    The fauna respawning now kinda sucks. Tired of having to re-kill the same fucking pack of spitters and hogs as I travel between factories.

You could always turn on reactive enemies. They'll only fight you if you fight them.

3cl1ps3
    You could always turn on reactive enemies. They'll only fight you if you fight them.

Ah. I... didn't know that was a thing. Neat.

RT800 wrote: »

Ah. I... didn't know that was a thing. Neat.

I forgot its in update 7 so you'll have to be in experimental mode.

New patch hit, updating the server now.

Update 7 Fixes v0.7.0.2
    Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.7.0.2 – Build 209020
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, here’s another patch with some more fixes for the Experimental version

If there’s some important stuff we’re forgetting or if we introduced some new issues so please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We’ll look into it ASAP

Also as always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.

See you all again soon <3
    BUG FIXES
    Fixed a crash related to the build effect on blueprints
    Fixed Tilted Corner walls not having soft clearance
    Fixed some issues when placing buildables at the edge of foundations
    Fixed Conveyor ceiling mount not snapping properly
    Flying Crab Hatchers and Flying Crabs should now work properly with the hostility settings
    Fixed wonky Pillar to Pillar snapping
    Fixed Pipes and Conveyor Belts getting weird split rotations after placing attachments on them
    Rewrote Splitter/Merger code to make it better
    Better fix for invalid character names in Blueprints
    Fixed items not moving when reaching the end of a Conveyor Belt segment
    Fixed some scenarios where Railways, Belts and Pipes could be placed through the floor of the Blueprint Designer
    Vehicles should work again :)
    Fixed issues with holograms not detecting the edges of the Blueprint Designer

QUALITY OF LIFE
    Conveyor Ceiling Mounts now allow for granular rotation when holding the Snap To Guidelines key

UI
    Fixed Steel Wall skin pack having an incorrect icon in the build menu
    Fixed Train Station map not displaying the zoom in/zoom out slider
    Fixed To-Do list not having a character limit
    Fixed Blueprints Milestone being displayed incorrectly
    Enable Autopilot button now updates to the Disable Autopilot button after stopping a vehicle path recording

KNOWN ISSUES
    A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
    You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
    And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
    This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.

If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.

If you are experiencing issues launching the game or loading a save and you have already verified your files, you might have some incompatibility with DX12 as the default renderer, you can try the following launch options to try to force DX11, DX12 or Vulkan to run respectively.
    -d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

Tynnan
    edited November 2022
    Well, this is fun. The game crashes every time I try to connect to the server. I just verified game files, will look around and try some other stuff.

Ninja edit: apparently not just me, affects all multiplayer with the latest patch: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/post/637d6543ca608e0803526479

ASimPerson on
    edited November 2022
    Ha, how'd that one slip through.

Hopefully they fix it tomorrow.

Gonna shut the server down for now.

Undead Scottsman on
    New patch says it fixes the multiplayer issue. I'll run the update when I get home this evening.

Update 7 Hotfix v0.7.0.3
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, just a quick hotfix for yesterday’s whoopsie on the Multiplayer and Dedicated Servers not working and a few more fixes

If we somehow made things worse, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We’ll look into it ASAP

As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.

BUG FIXES
    Fixed Crash when joining Multiplayer or Dedicated Servers
    Fixed Double Wall Outlet allowing circuits from outside the Blueprint Designer to connect to those inside of it
    Fixed train tracks not being able to be placed on Train Stations
    Train lights should now update correctly when a train loses power
    Train lights should now restore properly to the correct location after derailment
    Potential fix for items still getting stuck on belts on high FPS
    Fixed issue where rotation would reset after upgrading a buildable
    Fixed issue with snapping Blueprints vertically when aiming on the side

KNOWN ISSUES
    A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
    You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
    And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
    This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.

If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.

If you are experiencing issues launching the game or loading a save and you have already verified your files, you might have some incompatibility with DX12 as the default renderer, you can try the following launch options to try to force DX11, DX12 or Vulkan to run respectively.
    -d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

ElvenshaeIanator
    edited November 2022
    Server is up and functioning. I'm thinking there's four main areas we'll need to tackle

The Main Base: Whatever form this takes, we'll need to build a new base for our item production and to make the final space elevator parts. We have teh ability to make mark 3 miners and fully overclock them as well as a ton of nats for tier 5 belts.
    The Refinery: We'll need to set up for a oil production as well. We don't necessarily need to do the diluted fuel recycling setup, but that's definitely the best way to make a ton of rubber and plastic. We can also use the setup to make fabric, fuel and even turbofuel if we want. We'll also need heavy oil to make smokeless powder for some of the more fun ammo types.
    The Nuclear Plant: I dunno how crazy we want to get with this (with alt recipies you can go crazy) but being able to fully overclock could help keep down on the number, but we'll still need to build this to power our world. I wound up making all of the necessary items on my save, but we could ship them in from the main base if we want, though that will require a temp power setup. We'll also need to decide if we want to sink the plutonium or utilize it. (I vote sink it so we don't have to worry about waste.)
    Transit: We'll need to ammend our rail system to connect to these locations and be able to feed stuff into the main facility and then back out to the nuclear setup.. We'll also need some kind of battery production site if we want to use drones.

I thinking something we can do is split up duties. Someone works on the power plant while someone else works on the main base etc. etc. Anyone have any preferences?

Undead Scottsman on
    I'm out of town through the weekend personally, so I won't be able to pitch in much. If I have free time I can see if my parents' desktop can run Satisfactory without keeling over.

Did some hutning and picked up a few more drives, as well as found the three (?) hidden tapes so we can belt out some Deep Rock Galactic if we want.

New patch, server is updating as we speak.

Update 7 Fixes v0.7.0.4
    Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.7.0.4 – Build 209551
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, here’s another patch with some fixes for the most reported bugs on QA site for now, there’s more fixes on the way but you can have these for now :)

If something is still not working or if we’re forgetting something, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We’ll look into it ASAP

As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.

See you all again soon, have a nice weekend everybody <3
    BUG FIXES
    Fixed invisible buildings built from Blueprints when reconnecting to Dedicated Servers
    Fixed items getting stuck on conveyor belts in multiplayer
    Potential fix for Smart Splitter overflow issues
    Fixed Zipline sprinting not working for Clients
    Fixed an issue where the center point of Blueprints was not perfectly aligned to gird
    Fixed a rotation issue when snapping Blueprints in a certain way
    More improvements to Blueprint snapping to foundations
    Fixed a scenario where buildings could be placed half in, half out of a Blueprint designer when being placed as part of an existing blueprint
    Fixed some Blueprint snapping issues when aiming at the ground

QUALITY OF LIFE
    Added Blueprint snapping for Walls

KNOWN ISSUES

There might be a few remaining issues related to items on belts overflowing from containers or Smart/Programmable Splitters, we’re working on them

-d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

Elvenshae
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I've realized that blueprints solve a significant portion of my woes with the game.

If this doesn't terrify you, you've simply not been paying attention to my builds and you should be ashamed.

Standby for TRUE terror.

DocElvenshae
    edited November 2022
    So, yep, Blueprints are great.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Both these Powerbanks are made using just two blue prints - one for the base, and a slightly modified one for stacking ontop of the base. Done in a corner design, which means i could easily scale things by creating two more blueprints - one for a side piece, and one for a center piece. (but also this would be excessive and ridiculous). Took a little bit of effort to figure out how to get stacking to work smoothly (Tip: Roofing of some kind is your friend), but it's pretty easy to do.

Eitherway, it saves a TON of fiddly bullshit, which pleases me immensely.

Current plan is to cover the landscape around the green hills area with a ton of power banks, and then i'm going to rip up and re-design my nuclear powerplant from scratch using blueprints and other tricks to make it much, much more compact - and easier to build. Also so it has a train system that's not a disaster. Should be fun! Probably.

Hopefully I'll have enough power banks built to keep everything running until the plant is back online (Though, in my defense: The majority of the power my base needs right now is... to run the nuclear power plant. Everything else can be shut down or put into very low power modes, and the train system's power requirements are covered by geothermal power pretty easily)

The Zombie Penguin on
    Elvenshae
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    cool, if blueprints are working I'll move the ones i built in SP over to the server folder and start rebuilding

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »
    cool, if blueprints are working I'll move the ones i built in SP over to the server folder and start rebuilding

You might have to send those to me so I can put them in the folder.

Also let me know when you'll be on and I'll help out.

I've researched like 15 hard drives and this game will just not give me the goddamn steel rotors recipe.

Conveyor lifts & blueprints seem a bit buggy. That's annoying.

Still, these things are great and immensely flexible with a bit of forethought, so I'm very happy

I hesitate to say this because I may jinx myself, but I think that solution for my oil production setup worked, thank god. A quick explanation:

So, when laying pipes (heh) you can lay down a long one and then snap junction crosses to it. Apparently, this is bugged and can cause flow issues.
    DF8CC9787C4BE09E146CB3F68DCE20283AD87A0F

You see how the pipes reach halfway into the junction cross? That's bad, apparently. After getting your junctions alligned, you need to delete the pipe and re-add it so it looks like this

09C49A57E0E17A7C37F5D55019979B7A684C5705
    You need the pipes to be connecting to the openings on the junction, not the internals.

I went through and did this, and after a couple of other tweaks and fixes, and making sure everything was primed, the entire setup is purring like a kitten, even at 100% clockrate. I even got my turbofuel setup functioning properly.. mostly, I need to run the numbers again from when they changed a few recipes back a few patches ago as it feels like I'm producing too much heavy oil residue.

I'm a little worried it'll all go to shit when I log back in, but we'll see what happens. It's just nice after putting 100+ hours into this setup that it finally, FINALLY works without having to be baby-sat. Now if I could just fix my nuclear setup. :tongue:

Elvenshae
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

So. Blueprints. Real fuckin' good, minus some teething issues around lifts that I'm still trying to work out. But this little setup was a breeze to do overall, and it's now hooked up to the drone and train networks in my world, so i can call in piles of wire and cable wherever i need em for construction

...Like say continuing that massive battery tower in the background.

Elvenshae
    New Experimental Patch. Server has been updated

Update 7 Fixes v0.7.0.5
    Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.7.0.5 – Build 210096
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, lots of bugfixes this time around, hope you all enjoy the update.

If we’re forgetting some stuff that you think definitely needs to fixed ASAP, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We read your posts every day.

BUG FIXES
    Productivity calculation has been changed so now hitches such as autosave shouldn’t cause productivity to drop
    Fixed boomers clearance for Blueprint holograms
    Walkways and Pillar should now affect Blueprint size
    Railroad tracks should now properly display when placing a Blueprint hologram
    Blueprints should now snap to the sides of foundations when aiming close to the edge unless Snap To Guidelines is held
    Fixed a crash caused by snapping Blueprints to walls
    Fixed a crash when placing a Blueprint in the Blueprint designer
    Fixed deletion of Blueprints not properly propagating from Host to Clients
    Fixed Advanced Game Settings menu not being able to be closed with ESC after pressing Reset To Default or Apply buttons
    Fixed issues related to Lights
    Fixed issues related to Rain
    Fixed buildings becoming invisible after being hovered over by a hologram of an upgraded building
    Fixed build effect for Railways
    Fixed an issue where the To-Do List would lose focus after using the textboxes
    Fixed a crash for Clients when using the Jetpack
    Fixed Color preset names not having a character limit
    Fixed doors having a weird rotation when hovering over another hologram over them
    Fixed holograms temporarily staying stuck in the Blueprint designer after being built by Clients

QUALITY OF LIFE
    To-Do List should now handle alternate recipe names and multi-product recipes better
    To-Do list now supports Blueprints

KNOWN ISSUES

There are a few remaining issues related to items on belts overflowing from containers or Smart/Programmable Splitters, we’re working on them

-d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

Elvenshae
    https://youtu.be/kw3epGt82yk

Ficsmas starts December 1st (No new stuff, so it's the same as last year)

Update 7 hits Early Access December 6th.

3cl1ps3TynnanElvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I like Snutt, but Jace is my fave. Glad he's back. :D