As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Another patch hit. I went to go update the server and realized that i forgot to turn it back on after the LAST update, and nobody complained. :(

Are we done with Satisfactory for now? Ficsmas just hit so that's be a nice low-key thing to do if rebuilding the base is too intimidating. Anywho, here's the patch.

Update 7 Fixes v0.7.0.6
    Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.7.0.6 – Build 210763
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, here’s another round of a lot of bugfixes, hope this solves most problems people are having.

We know there’s some issues right now with Blueprint snapping on foundations, but a temporary workaround is to hold the CTRL key when placing them, We’re working on a better solution for this.

If we’re forgetting some super important stuff or anything you might find very annoying, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We read your posts every day.

As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.

See you all again soon <3
    BUG FIXES
    Fixed being able to build Geothermal Generators in the Blueprint Designer
    Fixed a duplication bug with the Blueprint Designer
    Fixed being able to access the Blueprint designer window while the image browser or color picker is open
    Fixed Drone Stations breaking when placing via Blueprint
    Fixed an issue where icons would show up blank after Holstering equipment that uses fuel
    Fixed an issue where the Blueprint info would still be shown in the info box after removing a Blueprint
    Fixed an issue with Beam collision not working properly in older saves
    Fixed some collision issues on walls
    Fixed upgrading buildings not working properly
    Fixed being unable to upgrade Conveyor Lifts
    Fixed being unable to place Conveyor Lifts in Floor Holes in certain directions
    Fixed To-Do List not updating
    Fixed it being too hard to snap to Conveyor Floor Holes
    Fixed Conveyor Lift hologram rotation resetting for the second segment after snapping to a Floor hole
    Fixed Conveyor Floor Holes and Pipe Floor Holes not working when snapped to Roof foundations
    Fixed newly created Blueprints not retaining their selected category/subcategory when saving for the first time
    Fixed a crash in multiplayer where when someone builds a Blueprint out of range of a Client and then said Client enters the range the build animation plays resulting in that Client crashing
    Fixed having to click twice on Foundations, Walls and Roof Material filters in order for the Apply Material to Hotbar buildings button to be displayed
    Fixed the Print Coupon button flickering briefly when opening the AWESOME Sink
    Fixed the Advanced Game Settings menu not being able to close with ESC after clicking Reset to Default

UI
    Added feedback when trying to save color picker presets with the same name as an already existing preset

KNOWN ISSUES
    Currently there’s multiple issues when aiming Blueprints at foundations, for now you can work around this by holding CTRL at all times while aiming the hologram, this will make it function as a regular hologram would

A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.

You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...

And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify

This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.

If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.

There might be a few remaining issues related to items on belts overflowing from containers or Smart/Programmable Splitters, we’re working on them

If you are experiencing issues launching the game or loading a save and you have already verified your files, you might have some incompatibility with DX12 as the default renderer, you can try the following launch options to try to force DX11, DX12 or Vulkan to run respectively.
    -d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorry, got burned out on the game again.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm back to work so I've got a lot less time

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Heh, somebody got the Ficsmas stuff started but I don't think they remembered to take the red bulb out of their inventory when they logged out so we're kind of stuck until they log back in. :grin:

Elvenshae
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Heh, somebody got the Ficsmas stuff started but I don't think they remembered to take the red bulb out of their inventory when they logged out so we're kind of stuck until they log back in. :grin:

That was probably me, sorry about that. Unfortunately I've already downloaded the latest update and so I can't log in at the moment.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Patch notes are out. As is the update!

https://old.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/ze7nwu/patch_notes_early_access_v0708_build_211116/
    Hi Pioneers!

Update 7 is now available on Early Access, so in here we are again going over all the content of the Update in detail for those of you who haven’t followed the Experimental releases. The most fun and convenient way to get all the highlights is our patch notes video that you can watch here: https://youtu.be/ST6V-a4u8Qs

For those of you trying out the new content for the first time, and those of you that might have ongoing issues from the Experimental release, you can let us know about your thoughts on our Questions Site as usual: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/

Blueprints are the biggest addition to the game coming with Update 7, but keep in mind we are not entirely done with them yet. For Update 7 this is what we can share with you, and we are looking forward to your feedback and what you make with them in Early Access before we finalise the feature in a later Update down the line.

Hope all of you have a fantastic time with the new content and a wonderful FICSMAS <3

https://preview.redd.it/bkg3nqqqu94a1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=2144afd5a38571dcfdae064bf738acdb4a12b253

Blueprints
    The Blueprint Designer
    In this brand-new building you will be able to design, adjust, and save Blueprints for use in your factory. Anything that fits inside the confines of the Designer (4 by 4 Foundations and 8 Walls in height) you will be able to build with a single click as a Blueprint.

Building Blueprints
    Any Blueprint you save in the designer is added to the Blueprints Build Menu Tab, which you can organise as you see fit. From there you can select it like any other building or add it to your Hotbar. Blueprints have some unique build modes of their own, one focused on detailed control and the other on snapping with other Blueprints.

Creature Game Modes
    Passive and Retaliating
    These are the two new modes we added for Creature hostility which allow you to adjust how to interact with the combat aspect of Satisfactory. If you do want to fight, but want more control over the when and how, the Retaliating mode is for you. Creatures will only attack you if you attack them first, and this works per single creature. So, if you want to fight a group of Hogs or other creatures one after the other, you can do that now.

Passive mode is exactly what it says: All creatures will remain passive, no matter if you attack them or not. If you want to enjoy Satisfactory without the action aspects, Passive mode gets the job done.

You can set your preferred Creature hostility in the Escape Menu under ‘Advanced Gameplay Settings’.

In the future
    This is mostly what we have in mind for allowing you to customise your experience with Creatures. In the future we are planning to implement more game modes that allow you to adjust how you play Satisfactory. But that is for after Update 7.

Overclocking
    We’ve talked a bunch about Overclocking before and we are finally making some changes to it. If you don’t know, the Overclocking mechanic allows you to make buildings produce parts faster at an exponential power cost or produce slower while consuming exponentially less power.

The basic mechanic of Overclocking remains largely unchanged, but we’ve lowered the exponential power cost change. This means that Overclocking is less expensive than it was before, and Underclocking is not quite as cheap.

Generators are the only exception to this rule: They Over- and Underclock completely linear.

Other content
    And of course, there is some more. Conveyor Ceiling Mounts are new, with the addition of contextual switching between relevant buildables when aiming at a wall, ceiling, or floor. This works for both Conveyor and Pipe attachments. The Zipline has a sprinting mode that allows you to go dangerously fast at your own risk and you can now name your favourite Lizard Doggos to let all the other ones know where they stand. Of course, we also fixed some bugs and worked on system changes and improvements under the hood.

Patch Notes
    Blueprints

Added the Blueprint Designer to Tier 4
    Added Blueprints tab to the Build Menu
    FACTORY

Added Conveyor Ceiling Attachment to the Awesome Shop
    Reworked the Build Effect
    EQUIPMENT

Added sprinting functionality for the Zipline
    CREATURES

Added Creature hostility modes that can be set in Advanced Game Settings in the Escape Menu
    Regular: Creatures attack and investigate players based on vision and hearing
    Retaliate: Creatures attack players after being attacked themselves
    Passive: Creatures never attack players
    Lizard Doggos can now be named in the interact menu after they’ve been tamed
    QUALITY OF LIFE

Conveyor and Pipe poles now contextually switch between floor, wall and ceiling attachments based on where the player aims while building
    Some improvements / fixes for foundation snapping
    Ladder hologram now works with the “Build in One Click” setting
    To-Do List should now handle alternate recipe names and multi-product recipes better
    Added feedback when trying to save color picker presets with the same name as an already existing preset
    BALANCING

The water requirement of Nuclear Power Plants has been reduced from 300 to 240
    Alien DNA Capsules can now be sunk in the Awesome Sink, generating Coupons separately from other parts
    Reduced the energy cost of Overclocking production buildings (including Extractors) to a lower exponent
    Made overclocking of power generators match the operating rate with the clock speed
    Reduced vertical foundation snapping grid size from 200 to 100
    UI

Updated the game credits
    Implemented double click functionality for Save and Load Game
    Build Mode now prioritises showing missing costs while building
    Added option to only show missing cost when in Build Mode
    Added a new submenu called Multiplayer Settings to the Escape Menu and moved Manage Session/Manage Invites there
    Added a cancel button to “Add new server” popup in the Server Manager
    Added a search bar to the multiplayer list in the Join Game menu
    Added support for hiding some HUD elements. Can be toggled on and off in the options menu
    Added feedback when trying to save colour picker presets with the same name as an already existing preset
    OPTIMISATION

General optimisations
    BUG FIXES

Fixed a throughput issue that occurred during variable frame rates on high-speed Conveyor Belts
    Fixed Tilted Corner walls not having soft clearance
    Rewrote Splitter/Merger code to make it better
    Fixed items not moving when reaching the end of a Conveyor Belt segment
    Train lights should now update correctly when a train loses power
    Train lights should now restore properly to the correct location after derailment
    Fixed issue where rotation would reset after upgrading a buildable
    Fixed issues related to Lights
    Fixed issues related to Rain
    Fixed an issue where icons would show up blank after Holstering equipment that uses fuel
    Fixed it being too hard to snap to Conveyor Floor Holes
    Fixed Conveyor Lift hologram rotation resetting for the second segment after snapping to a Floor hole
    Fixed having to click twice on Foundations, Walls and Roof Material filters in order for the Apply Material to Hotbar buildings button to be displayed
    Fixed Plutonium Waste and Organic Data Capsule being missing from Programmable/Smart Splitters
    Several smaller fixes have been made in general
    KNOWN ISSUES

A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on start-up or weird behaviour with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.

You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
    And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
    This may or may not redownload a large number of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.

If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.

If you are experiencing issues launching the game or loading a save and you have already verified your files, you might have some incompatibility with DX12 as the default renderer, you can try the following launch options to try to force DX11, DX12 or Vulkan to run respectively.

-d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Elvenshae
    Server is up to date and back on the Early Access branch.

Elvenshae
    Somebody dumped the Turbo Motors I built for the base rebuild into the Particle Enrichment milestone, so I did the only thing I could do; I made a shitload more of them and finished off the milestone as well as having a decent supply for the rebuild.

My current plan is to keep the server running for December, and hopefully once the star pops on the advent calendar, some of us can get together for a special Ficsmas factory build. After that point I guess see how everyone is feeling about the server and whether I should keep it going or take a break for a bit. I'm still down for stuff, but it feels a little weird doing everything by myself when it's supposed to be a group effort. :)

Okay, so I started automating some more aspects of the FICSMAS factory and got through the first two tiers of the research. At this point, what I'd like to do at least is starting building the FICSMAS Gift Trees that allow for automating the FICSMAS factory. Right now the set up is designed to prioritize the items needed to build the trees. I built the lowest level tall enough to accommodate the trees.

Well, I was able to build 20 Gift Trees (it's easier once you have a critical mass, it turns out). I doubled the branch production already, but the rest of the line needs to be doubled. The upper floors have space to do so, but I need to redo the bottom floor a bit. We have all the prerequisites for the next tier now except for the gold star.

Elvenshae
    Hey @Undead Scottsman looks like the server is down.

My internet took a big dump so server is down until it's no longer effed.

My internet took a big dump so server is down until it's no longer effed.

Ah, bummer.

By the way folks, blue prints are still wonky but they seem stable at least on the other dedicated server I play on. Currently using them to stand up a rotor factory over there.

Elvenshae
    edited December 2022
    I was having trouble streaming the game awards (well, Waypoint's talking over the game awards) at 480p, so my internet was definitely jacked and no amount of reseting the router seemed to help. Hopefully things will have smoothed out by the time I get home and I can restart the server.

Undead Scottsman on
    Whoops, servers been up for awhile and it's updated witht he most recent patch.

Update 7 Fixes v0.7.1.1
    Patch Notes: Early Access - v0.7.1.1 – Build 211839
    Hi Pioneers!

Hello everyone, we’re glad you’re all enjoying the update, here’s some fixes to hopefully solve some issues some people are having before we at the office go on our FICSMAS holiday :)

From our side, things seem to be decently stable with this release, but if we’re missing something please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We will try to address it ASAP.

As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.

See you around everyone, hope you all have a great holiday <3
    BUG FIXES
    Fixed a very rare crash related to the build effect while building Blueprints
    Fixed the To-Do list showing 0’s on recipes and crashing the game while trying to edit it sometimes when reloading a save
    Fixed being able to place Coal generators at the edge of Blueprints and still have them hook to power
    Fixed being unable to upgrade FICSMAS Power Lights
    Fixed Clients not being able to place Power Poles off a Power Cable in the Blueprint Designer

KNOWN ISSUES
    A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.

This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.

-d3d11
    -DX11
    -d3d12
    -DX12
    -vulkan

Stars are unlocked for the server ficsmas event. I tore up some of that factory so we can get a full line of 780 presents a minute from the first floor and I have a rough outline of how much of what we'd need to build to A. use most of that 780 and B. build a surplus of every ficsmas item, including snowballs and fireworks. The outline is posted in game by the tree if someone else wants to pitch in, otherwise I'll plink away at it on my own since it's a limited time event.

Don't forget that ficsmas stuff can be sunk (aside from fireworks I think) so if you want to work in some overflow, I'd be fine with that.

Elvenshaespool32
    We now have a fireworks factory. All of the Ficsmas stuff is built, though I didn't work in any overflow, and I didn't bother to decorate. If someone wants to take a crack at it, I'll leave the server up until Ficsmas is over and then probably mothball it until update 8.

Elvenshaespool32
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I'm in this NASA Earth Observatory post and I don't like it

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/150869/worlds-longest-conveyor-belt-system

jqxka530sh2v.png

3cl1ps3JedocDocElvenshaespool32
    Let he who hasn't built a map spanning conveyer cast the first stone.

3cl1ps3PeewiElvenshae
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I feel shitty having to build an long-ass railway across the entire map just to transport 225 units of aluminum to my Fused Modular Frame factory.

But not as shitty as if I'd built a conveyor belt that long.

RT800 on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Sounds like they have a potential solution (that they're not revealing for now) for the overclocked mark 3 miner situation, and are looking at fixing the underlying problem with pipes rather than just downscaling everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ebK-Ux7kM

Curious if this will make Update 8.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    An aside: it grinds my gears when it's pronounced "em-kay" and not "mark."

ElvenshaeIanator
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Belasco, looking at the knot of conveyers under the floor: omg where in the hell do copper sheets even come from??
    me: well honey, you see when 3 copper ingots and 3 cubic meters of water love each other very much, they get together in a refinery and...

Elvenshaediscrider
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    https://old.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/11nt2uq/update_8_teasers_kicking_off_next_week/

Not long now till we're getting update 8 teasers! Which in turn means: IT COMETH

TynnanElvenshae
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Have they said how many updates they're aiming for before final release?

I want to jump back in but patiently waiting for their full feature final version.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Have they said how many updates they're aiming for before final release?

I want to jump back in but patiently waiting for their full feature final version.

No. More specifically, they don't know for sure.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    considering they've said they want to hit 1.0 this year, I bet we'll see an update 9 this summer and then 1.0 in the fall.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Elvenshae
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Satisfactory upgrading to Unreal Engine 5 in the next update

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Elvenshaespool32
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hot damn they are doing it. There must be some compelling benefits to do such a late dev overhaul.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Hot damn they are doing it. There must be some compelling benefits to do such a late dev overhaul.

From the video, world partitioning is a big one. And they decided they would need to sooner or later so might as well do it sooner.

Given it sounds like Update 8 is going to be all kinds of broken at launch, as also because my friends and I are trying to get back into Valheim, I'm gonna wait until Update 8 hits early access before throwing the server back up.

If anyone even cares at that point. :)

spool32
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing it tackles some of the technical and object count issues they've been dealing with. And make things prettier.

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing it tackles some of the technical and object count issues they've been dealing with. And make things prettier.

Nope, actually. Ironically, it appears the LAST patch actually addressed those issues a bit, but they forgot to tell people.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    It's an engine upgrade so expect crazy bugs for a while afterwards.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ6bV4eA7kU

I never knew i wantd this until it was denied.

Still, i'd actually fucking love something like this as an expansion pack - the idea of shipping just tickles my brain. Especially since it makes me think "Trains, but even MORE"

Now I'm imagining a Simsverse where neighboring regions can send resources back and forth between different saves

Elvenshaespool32
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ6bV4eA7kU

I never knew i wantd this until it was denied.

Still, i'd actually fucking love something like this as an expansion pack - the idea of shipping just tickles my brain. Especially since it makes me think "Trains, but even MORE"

I still want a final "stage" to be the moon. Gotta mine the omega resource on the moon to finish the ficsit mission. I want some low grav shenanigans.

I want lava and snow areas.

Let's get 3D Platformer world up in this sucker!

Something I really enjoy about the Anno series of plate-spinners is managing disparate regions with their own specific benefits and needs. It’s a lot to balance and probably not within the design scope of Satisfactory, but now I’m dreaming