A short adventure for four 3rd level characters.The Guild of Explorers has many adventuring groups in its employ, offering a wide range of services to the hamlets, villages, towns, and cities that have taken root on the edge of proper society. The Cabell family has enlisted the services of the Guild, which has sent the four of you to the rustic village of Beechburton. There you will take the lonely road to Cabell Manor, meet with the Cabell family, and help them in their hour of need.
It's been a looooong while since I've run a play-by-post game here, but given the current state of the world this seems like a good time to give it another go. This is a short adventure for four level 3 PCs, meaning I don't expect this to last more than maybe a month, if that. If you're interested in playing, read on.How to Apply
Create a level 3 character on D&D Beyond and post the link along with a brief description of your character. I don't own any D&D Beyond content so I'm not bothering to set up a campaign for this. Just create your character using whatever you have access to. Use whatever official content you'd like, including UA stuff. Note that this is a short adventure that won't be expanded into a longer campaign, so there's no need to go crazy with the backstory. Knock yourself out if that's what you're into, but I'm not asking for much and there's no extra credit. I'll give this a few days, maybe until Friday, and then pick a party (assuming there's enough interest).Rules and Restrictions
How I Want to Run Things
- Use the standard array for attributes (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)
- No feats.
- No Variant Humans.
- Instead of rolling for your HP, just give yourself the maximum possible result (ie don't roll 1d10, just give yourself 10).
- You all start with Inspiration.
- No loner characters, brooding characters, or assholes. You are a team that gets along well and respects each other.
- Whatever starting loot/money you get from character creation is what you get. I'll roll a treasure parcel or two and dole out additional loot once the party is chosen.
- Once the game is started, post your OOC (out of character) text in spoilers. Not because of secrets, but just so that the IC (in character) stuff is easier to see.
- You will use the built-in dice roller for rolls, assuming it still works. I will not be using it, because I'm the DM and I'm a special boy.
- I should be able to post pretty frequently as I can't exactly go anywhere, but I'm still working from home so there may be delays now and again. I expect a similar level of involvement from the party.