[PbP] D&D 5E: The Hound of Cabell Manor (Game's done!)

124

Posts

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Round 2

    zvfpeef5039v.jpg

    You're whittling down the pack, but they show no signs of giving in. You'll have to keep the pressure on if you want to get past the hounds to continue your pursuit.
    King - HP 21/21 | AC 14 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 5, Con 1, Int 4, Wis -1, Cha 3 | Current Status: Normal.
    Laen - HP 29/36 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 5, Dex 0, Con 4, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha -1 | Current Status: Prone.
    Mist Hound 2 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hell Hound - HP 15/45 | AC 15 | Saves: Str 3, Dex 1, Con 2, Int -2, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hobs - HP 45/45 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 4, Dex 0, Con 5, Int -1, Wis 1, Cha 1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 3 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mori - HP 33/33 | AC 18 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 1, Con 3, Int -1, Wis 5, Cha 3 | Current Status: 7 Temp HP.

    @Nealneal is up!

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    Laen agilely springs from the ground, bringing his greatsword up with him in a mighty upcut swing that smashes the Hell Hound with another solid strike.
    Laen will use half his movement to stand and then take a swing at the Hell Hound.

    King - HP 21/21 | AC 14 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 5, Con 1, Int 4, Wis -1, Cha 3 | Current Status: Normal.
    Laen - HP 29/36 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 5, Dex 0, Con 4, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha -1 | Current Status: Normal
    Mist Hound 2 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hell Hound - HP 2/45 | AC 15 | Saves: Str 3, Dex 1, Con 2, Int -2, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hobs - HP 45/45 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 4, Dex 0, Con 5, Int -1, Wis 1, Cha 1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 3 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mori - HP 33/33 | AC 18 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 1, Con 3, Int -1, Wis 5, Cha 3 | Current Status: 7 Temp HP.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Attack the Hell Hound
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Damage vs Hell Hound
    @Denada for more retribution.

    Attack the Hell Hound:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    Damage vs Hell Hound:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=6, 1]

    Nealneal on
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6 for Great Weapon Fighter Reroll

    Great Weapon Fighter Reroll:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    The infernal hounds continue their attacks, with one of the mist hounds turning its attention toward Hobs. Although the bite is painful, Hobs is able to resist being pulled to the ground. The Hell Hound lets loose a great burst of flame from its mouth, catching both Laen and Hobs in the blast. Once gain Hobs resists some of the effects, but it would take a supremely dexterous person to avoid them completely. Laen fairs worse, feeling the full force of the fanning flames.

    Mist Hound 2 hits (22 vs AC) Hobs with its Bite, dealing 6 piercing damage. Hobs succeeds (14) on his Strength save and is not knocked prone.
    Hell Hound uses Fire Breath, catching Hobs and Laen in the cone. Hobs succeeds (13) on his Dex save and takes 9 fire damage. Laen fails (11) his Dex save and takes 18 fire damage.

    King - HP 21/21 | AC 14 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 5, Con 1, Int 4, Wis -1, Cha 3 | Current Status: Normal.
    Laen - HP 11/36 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 5, Dex 0, Con 4, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha -1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 2 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hell Hound - HP 2/45 | AC 15 | Saves: Str 3, Dex 1, Con 2, Int -2, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hobs - HP 30/45 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 4, Dex 0, Con 5, Int -1, Wis 1, Cha 1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 3 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mori - HP 33/33 | AC 18 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 1, Con 3, Int -1, Wis 5, Cha 3 | Current Status: 7 Temp HP.

    No updated map because no one has moved since the last image.

    @nightmarenny is next!

    Denada on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    Hobs howled more in rage than pain while waving his sword in a wide arc to disperse the flames. Fluidly he switched to swinging his long katana into the smaller wolf....

    ... but unfortunately it pulled away just in time to avoid his swing.
    Hobs makes a an attack with his greatsword at M2

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for attack roll
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Damage roll

    No change to anything so go ahead @Denada

    attack roll:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]
    Damage roll:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]

    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Mist Hound 3 misses Mori with its Bite. @see317 on to you!

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    With a nod towards the other mist hound dulling it's teeth on his leg, Mori directs the ethereal form of the shroud.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 vs MH3 AC12
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 vs MH3

    vs MH3 AC12:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    vs MH3:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    Seeing the whipping cloth miss the form of the hound, but acknowledging that it's the lesser threat at the moment, Mori casts Toll The Dead towards the wounded hell hound.
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 Wisdom save vs 13
    Geth, roll 1d12 Damage if wisdom save fails.

    Back to top of the order @Steelhawk
    The crystal pure tone of the bell fills the air around the beleagured hound, flaying flesh from bone and extinguishing the hellish flame driving it forward
    King - HP 21/21 | AC 14 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 5, Con 1, Int 4, Wis -1, Cha 3 | Current Status: Normal.
    Laen - HP 11/36 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 5, Dex 0, Con 4, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha -1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 2 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hell Hound - HP 0/45 | AC 15 | Saves: Str 3, Dex 1, Con 2, Int -2, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hobs - HP 30/45 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 4, Dex 0, Con 5, Int -1, Wis 1, Cha 1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 3 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mori - HP 33/33 | AC 18 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 1, Con 3, Int -1, Wis 5, Cha 3 | Current Status: 7 Temp HP.

    Wisdom save vs 13:
    1d20+1 2 [1d20=1]
    Damage if wisdom save fails.:
    1d12 9 [1d12=9]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    King, hearing the Tolling bell of the Hounds doom, is already pivoting around it and drive his weapons into the haunch of the Mist Hound. Again his repair does nothing but shave some misty fur away, but the dagger drives deep and puts the little doggy away.
    Move to F13
    Attack Mist Hound with Rapier
    Bonus attack wthh Dagger


    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Rapier
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Dagger
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for rapier
    Geth, roll 1d4 for rapier
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Sneak Attack Damage

    Stats:
    King - HP 21/21 | AC 14 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 5, Con 1, Int 4, Wis -1, Cha 3 | Current Status: Normal.
    Laen - HP 11/36 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 5, Dex 0, Con 4, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha -1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 2 - HP DEAD/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hell Hound - HP DEAD/45 | AC 15 | Saves: Str 3, Dex 1, Con 2, Int -2, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Hobs - HP 30/45 | AC 16 | Saves: Str 4, Dex 0, Con 5, Int -1, Wis 1, Cha 1 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mist Hound 3 - HP 5/5 | AC 12 | Saves: Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int -4, Wis 1, Cha -2 | Current Status: Normal.
    Mori - HP 33/33 | AC 18 | Saves: Str 0, Dex 1, Con 3, Int -1, Wis 5, Cha 3 | Current Status: 7 Temp HP.


    @Nealneal is up!

    Rapier:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    Dagger:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    rapier:
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    rapier:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Sneak Attack Damage:
    2d6 7 [2d6=6, 1]

    Steelhawk on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    The remaining hound fades away, a final howl lingering in the air as its form returns to the mist.
    This encounter is over. You may proceed to the tomb if you wish, take a moment to do some healing, etc.

    Denada on
    JPants
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mori watches the hounds fading from the field, and likewise dismisses the burial shroud that had been harrying the one closest to him, surveying the damage to the party, Mori approaches the mauled Laen.
    Let me help you with that...
    Casting Cure Wounds at level 1
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for healing Laen
    With a turn towards the rest of the party, Mori notices Hobs is also wounded, but not nearly as severely as Laen.
    Are you good? My spells are limited, but if you need to be healed...?

    healing Laen:
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    King, feeling just fine, waits for his companions to be ready. He really wants to chase after the baby (because certainly they won't get paid if the baby's soul is consigned to hell. Also, he doesn't want a baby to suffer.) but is wise enough not to charge headlong into a devil infesting tomb complex on his own.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    Laen nods to Mori as he feels the healing magic wash over him. He takes a moment to readjust the straps of his armor and catch his breath.

    As he tightens the last strap he says, "Let's head on in fellas. That halfling witch has no good intentions for that babe."
    Geth roll 1d10+3 for Second Wind

    That brings Laen to 29 total hit points between Second Wind and Mori's healing.

    Second Wind:
    1d10+3 10 [1d10=7]

    Nealneal on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do you want a survival roll for tracking the Halfling? Or do we all know where she's heading?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    "Scratches Mori, I'll be alright for now." Hobs cracks his neck and does some quick stretches.

    "I agree with Laen. let's hurry. The Halfling has so much time on us..."
    Geth roll 1d10+3 for Second Wind

    Second Wind:
    1d10+3 9 [1d10=6]

    Quire.jpg
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The four of you take just a moment to catch your breath, then continue to follow the trail - and your gut - toward the tomb.

    After a few more minutes of running, you see the grey stone of the Cabell family tomb rise out of the mist like an iceberg. The only ornamentation on the outside is the word CABELL engraved above the entryway. The huge, slab-like stone door of the entryway is ajar, and through the gap you can see the flickering light of a flame.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    From years of experience with large family tombs and graveyards shrouded in mist, Mori activates his eyes of the grave ability as they approach the entrance of the tomb, just in case.
    As an action, you know the location of any undead within 60 ft. of you that isn’t behind total cover and that isn’t protected from divination magic until the end of your next turn. You can use this feature 3 time(s) per long rest.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    King does his rogue-y thinks and gives the entrance a good once over. Twice even. Looking for any traps or other surprises left behind.

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 investigation

    perception:
    1d20+1 2 [1d20=1]
    investigation:
    1d20+4 17 [1d20=13]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Mori: Thankfully, it doesn't appear that you'll need to add zombies to your list of troubles tonight.

    King: The drab grey of the stone and the lack of adornment make it hard to resist focusing in on just a few small details. Namely that the door has been opened recently and the torches inside probably aren't self-lighting. You're on the right track, and don't detect any traps in the immediate vicinity.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mori considers what his supernatural senses are, or more accurately aren't, detecting.
    Thank the Veil for small favors. Whatever else we face ahead, there's no undead awaiting us.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Laen sees King sizing up the tomb and whispers a little too loudly, "I'm right behind you King."

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    King tightens his grip on his weapons, nods resolutely, and leads the way into the tomb all sneaky like.
    Is the whole tomb complex lit up with torches? Or just on at the entrance?

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Perception

    Stealth:
    1d20+5 11 [1d20=6]
    Perception:
    1d20+1 21 [1d20=20]

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mori casts the light cantrip on his shield and walks into the crypt.
    Stealth has never been his strong suit, so he doesn't bother trying once he has King's confirmation that the entrance is not trapped.
    Light: Duration 1 hour. You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.

    How much time has passed since the hound battle? Just checking if I still have my temp HP.

    The fiend knows we pursue and has the child in hand, this does not seem like the time for a stealthy approach.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The torches that are lit are inside the tomb. The outside is unlit.

    It's only been a few minutes since the hounds (you didn't take an actual Short Rest), so Mori's False Life hasn't run out yet.

    The four of you enter the tomb, finding a large, mostly bare chamber. The only real features here are four stone pillars and a pair of lit torches in sconces. Those torches are flanking stairs that lead downward to the next room. King is the first to catch a glimpse of dim red light emanating from the room below. The slightly shifting shadows of the light downstairs gives you the indication of movement. As you near the stairs, you can hear the muffled cries of a baby.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    King motions to the stairs leading down, drawing attention to glow of torchlight and the cries of the baby.

    "Alright then," he whispers to Mori, "If you're not wanting a heads up on what we are charging into... then by all means. Rush on down there and I'll be right behind you."

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Acceptable, but first, perhaps a show...
    Mori casts Thaumaturgy
    Cantrip: Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute.
    You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute.
    You instantaneously cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut.

    If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its 1-minute effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

    Mori's voice, already normally louder than the average being's in order to be better heard in the chaos of a battlefield, is amplified to three times it's normal volume.
    The flames from the torches flare, doubling in size and turning their normal dim illumination to a bright and shining white flare, and with an ominous echo, the tomb door slams shut behind us.

    YETH. RETURN THE CHILD TO US. TROUBLE THE CABELLS NO FURTHER. RETURN TO YOUR HOME PLANE IN PEACE.

    OR ELSE.


    Mori casts Shield of Faith on himself. His iron and wood shell, take on a faint shimmer, like oil poured over water.
    Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
    A shimmering field appears and surrounds a creature of your choice within range, granting it a +2 bonus to AC for the duration.

    Mori proceeds down the stairs with mace and shield in hand, casting a long shadow in front of him.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Laen moves to take the lead and heads deeper into the tomb.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Yeth is ready for you when you reach the bottom of the stairs. She appears to have cast aside the guise of a kind halfling servant. Instead a tall, devilish figure stands before you, surrounded by a circle of arcane runes scratched onto the floor with chalk. Horns sprout from her forehead, bat-like wings hang on her back, and her hands end in wicked-looking claws.

    "I see I'm not the only one with a flair for the dramatic," she says, acknowledging Mori's magic. "I have a rightful claim to this child." She gestures to a squirming bundle of cloth resting against a sarcophagus nearby. "The contract was signed. Do not interfere in this, mortals."

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Laen raises his greatsword and in a hushed, but threatening, tone says, "That babe signed no contract."

    His tone softens and he continues, "And as far I can tell your contract isn't with him, but with a long dead fool who cared more about a damnable house than his future kin. I think it's you who should leave well enough alone and hand the child over to us. Then take yerself back to the Nine Hells."

    Nealneal on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Mori eyes the runes to see if he can determine their purpose.
    Your contract is valid only while the manor stands. The Cabells know this, and are willing to take steps to remove it. I believe the Lady Cabell was most insistent that none of her inheritors would ever be beholden to you.
    If the manor is destroyed and no longer recognizable as a livable dwelling, you will have violated the terms of your contract, and as per the terms of the contract, your soul will be forfeit to Asmodeus. So long as the Cabells do not willingly move from or attempt to sell the manor, they will not have breached the contract. There was no clause regarding the willful destruction of said property. Likely, it already burns.

    Annul the contract, enjoy the souls you have entrapped already.
    Return the child to us. Trouble the Cabells no further. Return to your home plane in peace.

    Or else.

    geth, roll 1d20+1 arcana check

    arcana check:
    1d20+1 13 [1d20=12]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "Listen, you've already lost." King says putting on his most charming face. The one he used to use when trying to persuade a prize out of their treasures without burning the ship down around their ears "Lets see if we can work this out, yes? Come to an arrangement? You have the baby now. But once the house is burnt down your contract is null and void. And trust me when I say that the house is going to burn. Now, you've had a good run. Taken many a soul and I'm sure profited along the way. Its really time to quit while you are ahead and find another deal to hatch with some other unsuspecting naive mortal far away from here. Because that soul right there will not count towards your tally. Either because we rescue it, or if it dies, it will not count towards your tally. Also, in any case, YOU will be defeated and banished from this plane of existence." King is now pacing back and forth around Yeth, keeping her eyes on him and distracted from whatever advantageous position his allies are moving to. His eyes locked onto hers and drawing her complete attention.

    "I propose a deal to our mutual benefit. You leave the baby unharmed and you can flee these lands. Go off, start somewhere new. It will no longer be our problem and in a few hundred more years some other meddling do-gooders will annoy you again. We will not harm you in any way and you can be off. The alternative is that we slay you, consigning your soul back to the Nine Hells to face your overlords as a failure. Remember, in both scenarios, your contract with the Cabell's will be voided. The Manor and the entire estate, will be ashes come morning. One one hand, you still live to corrupt another mortal far away from here. On the other hand, we slay you, and leave you to the tender mercies of whatever Pit Fiend holds your existence in their hands. What do you say? Do we have a deal?"
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Pesuasion

    Pesuasion:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]

    see317
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    I don't want to meta game too much here, but shouldn't King be the one sneaking around to advantageous position for a sneak attack while Mori keeps Yeth's attention?
    Just saying, if one of us has to take a hit, I'm much better suited to taking it.

    Also, are there any other occupants of the room, or is Yeth alone with the baby?
    Also, what is the baby's position in regards to the ring of runes? Outside the ring, inside?

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I don't want to meta game too much here, but shouldn't King be the one sneaking around to advantageous position for a sneak attack while Mori keeps Yeth's attention?
    Just saying, if one of us has to take a hit, I'm much better suited to taking it.

    Also, are there any other occupants of the room, or is Yeth alone with the baby?
    Probably, yes. But King's weapons are his words as well as his swords and blah blah blah. The Dread Pirate Roberts was very suave. :)

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    It's just you four, Yeth, and the baby in the room.

    Mori: It's the beginnings of an arcane gate. Likely Yeth's method of returning to the Nine Hells with her "property".

    Yeth's face twists through a variety of emotions as you attempt to discuss the matter with her. Frustration, anger, annoyance, and eventually, consideration. She tilts her head and stares into the middle distance for a few moments. "It is as you say," she says finally, clenching the contract tighter in her fist, "The manor burns. You have dispensed with my servants, and look no worse for having done so."

    She pauses again, eyeing the four of you carefully. "Fine," she sighs, "I accept your offer." She flicks her wrist, and the contract bursts into flame, floating into the air as it turns to nothing more than smoke and ash. "The contract with the Cabells is finished. Take your prize and relish in your victory. And pray that you do not cross paths with my kind again."

    With that, Yeth disappears in a whirlwind of mist and shadow, leaving you alone in the tomb with the child.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    YAY! We won Dungeons and Dragons! :razz:

    King tries his very, very, very hardest not to express his complete surprise that his spiel actually worked. Many a merchant crew succumbed before his persuasiveness, giving up their precious treasures. As had many a bed partner for that matter! But never a she-devil. That was a new one!

    Always working the angles King does ask aloud, "Now that the contract has been burnt up, does the manor actually have to be burnt down? Also, maybe someone should check on Henry..."

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Laen grunts as King smirks.

    He then reaches down to pick up the small squirming bundle, offering the child to Mori to look over.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    That copy of the contract burnt, do you believe it to be the only one?
    I'd think we'd all feel better following the letter of the law, rather than trusting to the spirit.


    Mori sets out destroying the drawn runes on the floor, and working to sanctify the tomb, restoring the holy feel to the ground that had been fouled by four centuries of demonic dealings.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Hobs heart sinks with Yeth's disappearance. This was all too easy and he knew a screw-job when he saw it.

    "Something is terribly wrong I think. Someone grab the baby and let's make haste back to the Manor. It likely already burns by the Caball's hands but the wrath of the devil may not be over..."

    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Mori hesitantly takes the infant from Laen after completing his ritual, he wasn't built with handling traumatized infants in mind, but he's doing his best.
    Using his medical knowledge, Mori gives the infant a once over looking for any harm that may have befallen the child.

    Hobs has a point, we should return to the Manor and speak with the Cabells. If nothing else, our payment awaits.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for post demonic abduction neonatal care

    post demonic abduction neonatal care:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Henry is clearly upset, but appears physically unharmed. As the four of you emerge from the tomb, the smell of smoke is heavy on the air, and you can see the light of a large fire in the distance. It would appear that Athon and Katrin got started without you.

    Indeed, after making your way back toward the manor, you see the entire structure rapidly going up in flames. It almost seems as though hundreds of years of wear and tear are suddenly taking their toll all at once. Parts of the building are already crumbling as you find Athon and Katrin packing only a few chests and bags into a wagon. They both drop what they're doing and run towards you as they see you approaching, Athon scooping up Henry in his arms.

    "We thought it unwise to wait," Katrin says. Soot stains her clothes, and she's wearing heavy gloves, with her rapier hanging on her hip. A crossbow and a case of bolts rests against the outside of the wagon. "Just in case you weren't able to deal with her. Did you ... is she ... dead?"

Sign In or Register to comment.