As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why just distract yourself when you could ALSO listen to a [podcast]?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok I’m catching up on FatT’s PARTIZAN season and I’m starting to get a little confused about the Divines
    So like, I haven’t listened to all of COUNTER/Weight or Twilight Mirage, but I gathered that Divines were supposed to be large mechs and/or structures that were effectively lesser gods. Is this season unique in that they’re appearing in other forms, or has that always been the case? Or are they able to shift forms?

C/W spoilers
    Audi is a divine and he's about as tall as a person. One of the other divines they fight in C/W is like a nanosuit that covers your body. They've always been different sizes and shapes.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hey Podcast thread. Several of us librarians in our district are serious about starting a little library podcast that we can send out to staff and students internally that covers a bunch of stuff in a relaxed manner. Does anyone have a good starter course on the actually tech to making a podcast? Anything you guys could direct me to would be greatly appreciated!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    A second Blank Check reference has been introduced to Mortal Kombat 11
    ijycpbifu5151.jpg

The quote in the chyron there is a thing Griffin quoted his mother saying in the Robocop episode, in reference to her take on the movie, that Murphy and Lewis' friendship was the only pure thing left in this world

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    what's the first Blank Check reference

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    what's the first Blank Check reference
    a36c8DR.png
    from Terminator's fatality

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    This is going to be an extremely important twitter account for a specific subset of people

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    A good automatic watch is a heck of a thing

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I chose the Detective Pikachu episode as my first Blank Check experience.

Today I'm going to try their episode on Aquaman and then maybe Batman or Beetlejuice.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I chose the Detective Pikachu episode as my first Blank Check experience.

Today I'm going to try their episode on Aquaman and then maybe Batman or Beetlejuice.

Aquaman is a pretty great episode so is Beetlejuice.

I highly recommend Speed Racer.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    That is helpful, since I don't often get the opportunity to google things while I'm listening to a podcast, and by the time it's over I've forgotten about it.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna make a bot that claims to do that for MBMBaM. But actually it just generates a random episode number and time stamp and posts a screencap from The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Turbo Teen, or Today's Special.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I've always wanted to know what the story was with that mirror skeleton outfit, who is it, why they made it etc.
    It's sick as hell

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man I was excited for the Fury Road episode of blank check but I feel like they barely even talked about the movie

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Man I was excited for the Fury Road episode of blank check but I feel like they barely even talked about the movie

Evergreen Blank Check complaint imo.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Bellingcat is quite a good independent journalism and open source intelligence outfit, amazing work on the MH17 shoot down, nice to see Bob Evans doing stuff for them

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Hobnail wrote: »

Bellingcat is quite a good independent journalism and open source intelligence outfit, amazing work on the MH17 shoot down, nice to see Bob Evans doing stuff for them

I'm pretty sure he's an employee now

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Does "Boogaloo" come from Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I regret to inform you that yes

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    God damnit. This world is so fucking stupid.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I finally started listening to Rude Tales of Magic and I got to the Dial E for Elf episode where everybody started yelling "blood purity" and I lost all of my shit completely and utterly.

• Options

Well, nobody can say that the good Doctor Mister didn't call his shot.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    seems a bit optimistic to be calling this the worst year ever

• Options
    Whats your big idea for a podcast title then

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

yeah if the last half decade has proved anything it's not to get overconfident about predicting rock bottom.

• Options
    Terrible Year in a Consistent Downwards Trend Which Terminates Somewhere Deep in a Dreadful Murky Abyss would be a daunting jingle task

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Worst Year In Some Time

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

"but the future refused to change"

• Options
    Terrible, you added a syllable and equivocation and you killed the jingle, back to the writers closet

• Options

Worst Year In Some Time

So Far Not Great, Compared To Before In the Medium Term

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Dreadful, who are you Cormac McCarthy over here, you are not, writers closet

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    strictly speaking it was a called shot rather than an evaluation, as that tweet's from december 2019

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I stayed up way too late tonight beating Vampyr, which I had put down shortly after release due to a real bullshit boss completely stonewalling me

Had the urge to run through it again on the story mode, so I did, and I gotta say it's pretty alright

Runs a bit long at the end but there's some cool vampire shit going on in there (though some of the big mythology ideas are grasped at but never quite seized)

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

it's no 536, that's for sure

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Blank Check has confirmed the stuff that was mostly figured out already

this weekend they're doing the Ben's choice episode on Stargate

and then after that they're starting their miniseries on Nora Ephron, which includes:

- This is My Life
    - Sleepless in Seattle
    - Mixed Nuts
    - Michael
    - You've Got Mail
    - Lucky Numbers
    - Bewitched
    - Julie & Julia

and When Harry Met Sally thrown in there somewhere because even though she didn't direct it, she wrote it and they're never gonna do Rob Reiner

I've never seen any of these but I am told from people who have that some of the less famous ones are WILD, particularly Michael, so I am very interested to get into this one, and hopefully they talk about the part where Ephron was married to Carl Bernstein and knew who Deep Throat was and would go around telling people

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Wait, Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail have the same director? That's somehow surprising despite being the least surprising thing ever.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    You've got mail is such a unique artifact of its time

An old timey man in a top hat and handlebar mustache listening to a gramophone would be more easily relatable to the world today

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    this weekend they're doing the Ben's choice episode on Stargate

Oh fuck yes

• Options
    You've got mail is such a unique artifact of its time

An old timey man in a top hat and handlebar mustache listening to a gramophone would be more easily relatable to the world today

the wild thing is that it's not just the Godfather memes and AOL jingles, it's also the whole thing where the entire plot revolves around a type of email correspondence that isn't as much of a thing in these days of facebook messenger etc.

This discussion has been closed.