Just because the world is going through a pandemic doesn't mean storms and earthquakes stop. The old disaster thread is dead, but everyone lives in a place that can experience some kind of disaster like fire or flood (or both alternating). Most posters on these boards live in the northern hemisphere, which means hurricane/typhoon season is starting soon, and predictions are that it'll be another above-average year.
This thread is for:
1) Discussing disasters as they happen.
2) Talk about aftermath of disasters
3) Preparation for disasters
4) Some disasters even if technically manmade, like if some idiot starts a wildfire that burns down a town, or a dam collapses in a flood though technically it's because the company didn't maintain the dam. I'm not exceptionally pedantic about this so long as people respect the spirit of the rule.
This thread is not for:
1) US Primary discussions
2) Just coronavirus/SARS2/COVID-19 discussions - there will be some overlap since responses will be affected by the pandemic, but there's two entire separate threads for just that.