As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Valorant & Reky out today!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You are the baddest saddest man around

Well, late stage Max Payne may be badder and even sadder

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Arx Fatalis trivia I learned from the noclip arkane documentary: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was originally Arx Fatalis 2, but they ran out of money and had to hastily retool it into the might and magic franchise for a publisher deal.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    My biggest Kim-related regret in Disco Elysium was (late-game spoilers)
    Doing everything I could to prepare for the shootout but being unable to prevent him from getting injured. I felt like I'd fucked up the whole time I was wrapping up the last bit of the mystery. I liked having convinced Cuno to be my protege, but he wasn't my bud like Kim was.

Same.

That was one of my finest moments
    I had no authority, at all. I was the least authoritative cop in the land. I was also very good physically, so I managed to do the fancy shooting and dodging that was required, but when Kim was about to get hurt, I made a like 5% Authority roll and got him out of trouble.

I think the one other Authority success for me was also getting Kim to dance with all of us at the church. I didn't have a lot in the tank, but I used it well!

Now the moment that most made me feel like I fucked up
    Was when the initial suspect shot herself while I shouted nonsense trying to get her to stop, because I had Rhetoric of 0 as well. It was rough to know for a fact that that could have gone well, that I didn't even really care about "catching" her because I suspected she wasn't a part of this and just... not be able to express it well enough.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Boy I sure am enjoying the new Mount and Blade. It's basically just shiny new m&b but it's smoothed out and there's some new stuff and the map feels HUGE and it looks great.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I have been playing Football Manager 2019 because I didn't wanna buy 20 and I miss sports and man I get hooked on these games.

I had 25 hours in 2016, 202 hours in 2017, 146 hours in 2018, and so far 44 hours in 2019.

Most recently I started watching a bunch of videos at FM Base's youtube because, despite having come in to this game with nearly 400 hours played across the series, I still kinda suck at it? I have the general idea of what I want to do but I am bad at getting it down.

Putting the rest of this in a spoiler as its about a football/soccer simulation game and that might not be everyone's thing:
    I managed to learn quite a lot over the last week, though. I am currently playing my own slight twist on the "Sir Alex Ferguson challenge". The basis of this is to start at the 19th place club in the Premier League on November 6th (you can do this by creating a dummy coach that's unemployed at the start, simming to Nov 6, then creating your actual coach, taking over said 19th place team, and then retiring the dummy coach), and then try to outdo the most successful manager in Manchester United history. To wit:
    The longest-serving and most successful person to manage Manchester United is Sir Alex Ferguson, who won 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, 10 Community Shields, two UEFA Champions League titles, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup.

I modified this by taking over instead the 19th place team in the Sky Bet Championship (one level down from the Premier League), Nottingham Forest. I did this because I preferred them to the 19th place team at the time in EPL, Fulham. Mostly because their owner is Shahid Khan, also known as the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and more importantly to me, the principal investor of AEW (his son is the CEO and President).

Anyway, since I took over at the club, we've not lost overall until an FA cup 4th round match against Arsenal where we lost 0-1. We still have 12 straight matches unbeaten (7 wins, 7 draws) in the Championship, including 7 straight home wins.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Went hunting for a big bear with Hosea. Shot it dead, but it had vanished after a cutscene. Then hunted an elk for like 10 miles and shot it about 6 times with arrows but every time it just runs away. Do these things never bleed out?

• Options
    Those things never bleed out if I recall correctly, also only kill shots with the appropriate firearm yield the best pelts

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I need some better guns, I'm still using the stuff from the first chapter. My rooty tooty looty shooty has been lacking in shooty looty.

Also I can't stop taking photos everywhere.

Help this game is too much.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Those things never bleed out if I recall correctly, also only kill shots with the appropriate firearm yield the best pelts

I'd also recommend doing the Legendary Buck hunt ASAP to get the antler trinket that reduces pelt quality loss from imperfect kills. Makes getting perfect pelts a lot easier. For the buck, you'll need to first clear out the camp to the northeast by the road and leave the area for a day otherwise it'll always say too much activity and never spawn. The legendary animals can be killed with any weapon.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Brovid and Magic Pink made me start up Red Dead Redemption, and boy is that game pretty. I also reckon it's really long so I thought maybe I should start and beat Control first, and boy is that game pretty. I think I'll try to get through the latter before the former, as its pacing is a bit more what I'm looking for right this second.

I was really excited when I recognized Max's voice as the former Director.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Oh man I forgot the legendary animals can be killed with whatever, sorry Ol' Mose or whatever this enormous alligators name is I need to throw a stick of dynamite straight down your neck

Hobnail on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Played a bit of Man Eater. I do enjoy how the cinematics are set up as a trashy reality TV show. Also Chris Parnell as narrator was a very good choice.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I need some better guns, I'm still using the stuff from the first chapter. My rooty tooty looty shooty has been lacking in shooty looty.

Oh yeah, go to a gun smith as soon as you find one. It does make a difference. I've been watching a streamer that was using the starting pistols until well into chapter 3 and it showed.

Of course, she's also only used dead eye like six times or so and she's well into the final third of that game now, so... that also makes the game harder than it needs to be.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    God damnit. I was looking at the wiki page for a mission I've already done and it has a massive fucking spoiler for I assume the end of the game just sitting in the open. What kind of prick does that.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    yeah don't look stuff up for this game, it's everywhere

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Boy I sure am enjoying the new Mount and Blade. It's basically just shiny new m&b but it's smoothed out and there's some new stuff and the map feels HUGE and it looks great.
    played it obsessively for like three weeks.

I feel content taking a break for a while, at last until they finish their skill overhaul.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    I will say that sometimes what seems like a massive spoiler in RDR2 is not a massive spoiler by the time you get to it, so I wouldn't worry too much. It sucks, but it probably hasn't ruined things as much as you think.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    It was
    that Arthur dies of tuberculosis after being coughed on by the early debtor.

I mean, I figured he's going to die somehow, because he's not mentioned in RDR. But it's still annoying. Now I'm going to be constantly waiting for him to get sick so there goes that moment I guess. I don't even usually care about spoilers, these are pretty much the only games where I do. And there's so many mechanics I've had to look up because the game doesn't explain them, which makes it a minefield.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It was
    that Arthur dies of tuberculosis after being coughed on by the early debtor.

I mean, I figured he's going to die somehow, because he's not mentioned in RDR. But it's still annoying. Now I'm going to be constantly waiting for him to get sick so there goes that moment I guess. I don't even usually care about spoilers, these are pretty much the only games where I do. And there's so many mechanics I've had to look up because the game doesn't explain them, which makes it a minefield.
    I didn't love this spoiler, of course, but it didn't hurt my enjoyment too much. They tease it and give tiny hints for a long time before it becomes a whole thing. I would have blown right past all those. Also, TB is a disease that takes a while to develop, it comes on very slowly. There's not one 'moment', so much as a gradual change in the way the game plays and the way you and everyone else think about Arthur.

Speaking of ragging on John, that's good. But I really like Arthur just relentlessly calling Bill Williamson a lazy piece of garbage, because he is a lazy piece of garbage. He never gives Bill an inch and he is right to do so.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    A lot of the Antagonize options are really funny but I'm hesitant to use them too much because people seem to get really offended. Like I gently ribbed Dutch and he was not amused at all.

I did a few to Uncle and it just made me feel mean.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Amusingly John in RDR is permanently stuck on antagonise towards Uncle

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    john is just generally kind of a jerk in RDR but he's under a lot of stress

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    A lot of the Antagonize options are really funny but I'm hesitant to use them too much because people seem to get really offended. Like I gently ribbed Dutch and he was not amused at all.

I did a few to Uncle and it just made me feel mean.

iirc Dutch rather famously has no sense of humor.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Arx Fatalis trivia I learned from the noclip arkane documentary: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was originally Arx Fatalis 2, but they ran out of money and had to hastily retool it into the might and magic franchise for a publisher deal.

That makes so much sense

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Minecraft dungeons is a pretty alright game. Family friendly as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have pretty close to zero minecraft exposure overall, but I don’t think this game really cares about that. Mechanics are very simple for a diablo clone.

You get one enchantment point when you level up, which can be used to activate perks on your weapons/armor. As soon as you dismantle that equipment, you get whatever points you’ve invested back.

You can also hold three artifacts, which end up being your abilities. They have their own cool downs or require sufficient souls to be useful. Souls are gained when you kill things. Maybe a Minecraft thing? Dunno.

After you beat a stage or three, you get a blacksmith and merchant guy in your camp. Basically, you spend your money rolling for random weapons/armor/artifacts.

You can also modify the difficulty of each stage to account for disparity in levels for your party.

When playing coop, loot that drops is predetermined for a specific player. If there’s a way to trade things, I haven’t figured it out.

Bottom line is, I found a diablo clone I can play with my 6 year old and it’s a lot of fun.

mosssnack on
    XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    God damnit. I was looking at the wiki page for a mission I've already done and it has a massive fucking spoiler for I assume the end of the game just sitting in the open. What kind of prick does that.

As someone who had the same thing happen a few months ago in a kotor, please accept my sincere sympathies.
    People writing wikia articles are desperate to put too much goddamn information when it's not needed.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

A logic puzzle game, Reky marries an elegance of design with an architectural minimalist aesthetic to create an experience that is fresh, stylish and satisfyingly challenging. The player interacts with the different puzzle elements of each level, shifting and moving them in order to create a path to the goal. Everything in the game is simple and functional, with only cubes, lines, exits, portals and a dash of colour used to create a large variety of brain-teasing challenges.

Elegant logic puzzles, escalating to extreme challenge levels
    Aesthetics inspired by architectural minimalism
    Crystal clear visuals
    Beautiful ambient soundtrack
    96 levels to test yourself across

20200528 - Reky (puzzle, logic, diagram)

• Options
    The more time you spend at camp the more you realise that Uncle owns

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    he's damn near the only one of them who knows shit about dick

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Damn that sucks man, my sympathies I hate when that happens. I basically don’t look at YouTube when a game I like comes out cos people now spoil shit in the damn preview Image. Red dead is a long game too so you can’t exactly go radio silent and play it in one go to avoid spoilers

However while it definitely sucks you got spoiled, the actual way it’s done is so artful and phenomenal that you’ll still enjoy it. It’s telegraphed and developed slowly over the game, so it’s not a twist Or anything like that by the time you get to it.

Still a bummer tho, I somehow managed to avoid that spoiler entirely despite only playing the game a few months ago and I honestly have no idea how I did it

My advice would be to ask for help here rather than google stuff, because there’s still lots of stuff that’s great in the story that could get spoiled by wikis and reddit pages and such

Prohass on
  • Options
    I felt I was maybe pestering the thread with too many questions but I will avoid wikis from now on

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    There’s a dedicated rdr thread in the games and tech forum, uses spoiler tags too so should be fine to ask stuff there

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Remember when a new Half-Life game and a new Doom game released within one week of one another. That's a thing that happened. This year, even!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I've just played the Online part of RDR2 but I have to say they designed a game that pisses me off at every turn. It's real pretty and I love playing an overweight, sixty year old african american saloon owner lady but fuck me if they haven't ignored literally every QOL advancement ever made in the last 10 years.

• Options
    I suck so badly at stealth in this game. Literally every opportunity I get to do something sneaky it all goes to shit within 0.25 seconds

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    thats 99.99% (repeating of course) of all stealth games :rotate:

• Options
  • Options
    Out on a hunting trip in the wilderness. Climbed up to the top of this mountain, found a nice open area with an awesome view. Select the option to set up camp, and it teleports me back down the bottom of the mountain. I don't know why it doesn't actually let you pick where to camp.

• Options
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    RDR2 is extremely fussy about where you can camp. I remember trying to camp in the same spot twice (trying to grind out the cougar hunting challenge) and getting teleported a hundred yards away the second time.

BionicPenguin on
This discussion has been closed.